Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

Was is the operative word. What's a matter? Have no answer for what I wrote?

Um, yeah, I did, but you didn't understand it.

You live in a world where racism isn't a problem, when in fact, if there is one thing that the last 5 years have proven, we really haven't gotten that poison out of our system.

Elect a black guy, half the country goes batshit insane.

Ryan just got caught saying what half of you are thinking.

How many times do you need me to say racism is a problem for you to get it through your thick head that I believe it is one? It is a problem, but not the main one. Anyway, since you're only willing to acknowledge racism as the problem, and you're such a problem solver, I would love to hear what solutions you have.

Same solution we had in the Great Depression. Create government works programs and put people to work. Period. Create first class infrastructure.

Reform the prison system to the point where we don't lock up 2 million people and think nothing is wrong. We have 2 million in prison and 7 million on parole or probation - most of them minority and for non-violent offenses - and we wonder why they can't find jobs. "Oooh, you got arrested for smoking weed when you were 19! Can't hire you!"

Incidently, I think a lot of our problems with racism are subliminal. MOst white folks don't think of ourselves as racist, but we spend an awful lot of time not seeing minorities. The thing is, people tend to identify with folks that remind them of themselves. And when you have white folks doing most of the hiring, guess what...

And you don't consider the fact that when your family came here, much later than the families of black Americans and were able to accrue substantial wealth while they didn't an example of institutional racism?

How exactly do you square this?

And your family came into a society that prospered on the backs of slave labor.

Of course they benefitted. As did mine.

My family had their own issues in the old countries, be it from the british or the Italian nobility. That's why they CAME HERE.

It doesn't change the fact that the solution proposed by the Great Society reforms in the 60's did nothing to resolve any inequality whatsover, it just threw money at the urban poor (yes, in most urban places blacks) and hoped the issue would go away.

What you got was a culture of dependency on government, a culture of zero responsibility among men, and a culture of grandmothers raising their grandkids.

So you knew who your family was?

Do you understand how different that is from the black American experience?

I guess not.

Because you go on yammer on and on about "dependency".

You don't seem to understand that it was the same government that caused problems for black Americans in the first place.

That's what institutional racism is all about.

and it still doesn't address the fact that what the government is currently trying to do to fix that is making it worse. If institutional racism was still the force you make it out to be there would be ZERO wealthy or middle class black Americans. There seems to be plenty of them. Why is that? Why do some not advance while others do? If racism was so entrenched NONE of them would advance.

You live in a world where racism isn't a problem, when in fact, if there is one thing that the last 5 years have proven, we really haven't gotten that poison out of our system.

How many times do you need me to say racism is a problem for you to get it through your thick head that I believe it is one? It is a problem, but not the main one. Anyway, since you're only willing to acknowledge racism as the problem, and you're such a problem solver, I would love to hear what solutions you have.

Same solution we had in the Great Depression. Create government works programs and put people to work. Period. Create first class infrastructure.

Reform the prison system to the point where we don't lock up 2 million people and think nothing is wrong. We have 2 million in prison and 7 million on parole or probation - most of them minority and for non-violent offenses - and we wonder why they can't find jobs. "Oooh, you got arrested for smoking weed when you were 19! Can't hire you!"

Incidently, I think a lot of our problems with racism are subliminal. MOst white folks don't think of ourselves as racist, but we spend an awful lot of time not seeing minorities. The thing is, people tend to identify with folks that remind them of themselves. And when you have white folks doing most of the hiring, guess what...

So your solution is bigger government and legalizing weed. :cuckoo:

Good luck trying to perform any of the type of Great Depression infrastructure projects in our current environmental, NIMBY and overall litigious climate.

Plus, you would get comparisons to concentration camps from the bureaucrats who's jobs would be toast if these programs worked, and the race hustlers who's livelihood relies on down and out black people.

Not to mention the Unions, who would have a shit-fit over all the extra labor flooding into their trades.

My family had their own issues in the old countries, be it from the british or the Italian nobility. That's why they CAME HERE.

It doesn't change the fact that the solution proposed by the Great Society reforms in the 60's did nothing to resolve any inequality whatsover, it just threw money at the urban poor (yes, in most urban places blacks) and hoped the issue would go away.

What you got was a culture of dependency on government, a culture of zero responsibility among men, and a culture of grandmothers raising their grandkids.

I guess not.

You don't seem to understand that it was the same government that caused problems for black Americans in the first place.

and it still doesn't address the fact that what the government is currently trying to do to fix that is making it worse. If institutional racism was still the force you make it out to be there would be ZERO wealthy or middle class black Americans. There seems to be plenty of them. Why is that? Why do some not advance while others do? If racism was so entrenched NONE of them would advance.

Except it isn't.

Minimal as it has been, most social programs geared to help people "catch up" has worked. The biggest gains for Black Americans in terms of economics, has occurred after the 1960s. And that's slowed down with the elimination and/or defunding of many of those programs.

You cannot have a people oppressed for close to 2 centuries and expect to clean that up in 4 decades..and on the cheap.

Doesn't work that way

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Why anyone would respond seriously to this slug is a mystery to me.

sure nutjob lefty; we need "government works programs" used in the worst Depression in history; because it's always a crisis when failed Progressives are in power; and looking for a reason or excuse to make government involved in every facet of our lives

I guess not.

Except it isn't.

Minimal as it has been, most social programs geared to help people "catch up" has worked. The biggest gains for Black Americans in terms of economics, has occurred after the 1960s. And that's slowed down with the elimination and/or defunding of many of those programs.

You cannot have a people oppressed for close to 2 centuries and expect to clean that up in 4 decades..and on the cheap.

Doesn't work that way

You got any links or facts to back that up? No? Of course not.

Tell me how many welfare/WIC/handout programs have been defunded. Most of them are at the state level and given federal grants, and are humming along just fine.

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Not sure of the angle here..

which is due to a long history of racism.

OR do you suggest its just because they are black?

your racism is obvious on the court records of the USA going right up to the SCOTUS

The republican party hates black people so much they work to keep them from voting

Paul Ryan's home state of Wisconsin has 4 times as many poor whites as poor blacks.

If he's blaming black poverty on black culture, what is he blaming white poverty on?

the greatest jump for Black Americans to enter the Middle Class occurred in the Reagan years

The Rich, the Poor, and Reaganomics by Michael Novak | Articles ...

www.firstthings.com/.../006-the-rich-the-poor-and-reaganom...

your site is a fucking joke and it doesn't say what you claim

poor angry idiot

i hope obamacare covers your coming brain anuerysm

I have no such medical condition and your a fucking lying sack of weasel vomit

Your link is to a trash assed site and does NOT say what you claim it did

I guess not.

Except it isn't.

That's a flat out lie. Precisely the opposite is the truth. The biggest gains occurred before Johnson's great society programs started. After they started, black economic improvement came to a halt.

Doesn't work that way

Liberal social programs aren't "cleaning up" anything. They're making things worse.

Forum List

Back