"personhood" idiocy in N Dakota

And that is exactly the question personhood laws opens up. When should the state step in, should a crack head be imprisoned for 9 months to prevent her from poisoning her fetus? Should a pregnant woman who's a drunk be confined to the county jail to protect her fetus?

So far the government can already dictate the kind of delivery a woman has, and can charge her should she attempt to make her own medical choices. What next?

Last I heard, anyone smoking crack can wind up in jail. When do we take the responsibility of having sex, smoking, drinking or doing drugs? Everything we do has consequences, good or bad, when do we own up to what we do?

I will never accept that the consequences of getting pregnant are giving over the right to my body to the state.

If I want to eat all raw food, get drunk every night, never visit an OBGYN and have a home birth in my bath tub with a witch doctor chanting over me, that's my right, and the state has no fucking business telling me otherwise.

The right takes it open themselves to manage the behavior of everyone they can. They call it being "moral". I call it "Fascism".

Last I heard, anyone smoking crack can wind up in jail. When do we take the responsibility of having sex, smoking, drinking or doing drugs? Everything we do has consequences, good or bad, when do we own up to what we do?

I will never accept that the consequences of getting pregnant are giving over the right to my body to the state.

If I want to eat all raw food, get drunk every night, never visit an OBGYN and have a home birth in my bath tub with a witch doctor chanting over me, that's my right, and the state has no fucking business telling me otherwise.

The right takes it open themselves to manage the behavior of everyone they can. They call it being "moral". I call it "Fascism".

I want government to leave me alone, I want them to let me live my life.

1. luddly and his liberal site lied, it is not about personhood. no surprise as there is not a day goes by when luddly posts that he doesn't lie.

2. The inalienable right to life of every human being at any stage of development must be recognized and protected.

seriously, why does anyone have a problem with the above?

No, we call it what it is- killing babies. That you want the right to kill another human being is sick, twisted and wicked.

They are my kids, I can smoke in the car, if they don't go to school they wouldn't interact with your mindless brats. He'll, we don't care for them in the womb, why give a fuck outside it. right?

When you and yours interact with the public, it is everybody's business.

That you don't like it doesn't mean a shit.

That you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean shit.

If the law says get em vaccinated to go to public school, do it.

If the law says you can't smoke in the car with your kids, do it.

What the fuk is wrong with you?

When you and yours interact with the public, it is everybody's business.

That you don't like it doesn't mean a shit.

If my wife smokes while pregnant, or after the kid is born how is it your business? Why is it government's business?

If my wife smokes while pregnant, or after the kid is born how is it your business? Why is it government's business?

Because in our constitutional republic, We the People have given the right to our leges and our courts to make decisions when our behavior interacts with and influences the public welfare.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about invetro? Personhood laws give rights from the moment of conception, what does that mean to couples trying to conceive using invetro ,considering (depending on the procedure) they toss fertilized eggs in the trash can.

What about miscarriages? If a fetus is a person, would that mean miscarriages should be reported and the death of the fetus investigated for wrong doing?

Republicans don't care about that. When it was pointed that more than one of Mitt Romney's sons had babies through in vitro, right wingers on this board actually suggested science has come so far along, they only used one fertilized egg per baby. They are insane with their denial. If they don't want to believe something, they simply don't believe it. Evidence doesn't matter. It doesn't count. Worse, they will come right out and say, "I refuse to believe it". That effectively cuts off all debate.

I believe that implantation, not conception, is the benchmark of pregnancy i.e. beginning of life. At the time of implantation you have the "hatching" of the blastocyst- Not dissimilar to the hatching of an egg. From the moment of conception until the implantation is about 2 weeks. Indeed, numerous fertilized eggs never implant. Breast feeding an infant produces a natural hormone that prevents implantation...natures way of allowing the woman's body to recover and the infant to be nurtured.

As to the canard that defining person hood while in the womb will lead to some sort of witch hunt when natural abortion occurs, (aka miscarriage) that is just an attempt to blur the issue. The unborn, until Roe VS Wade, were thought of as babies...the only witch hunt that occurred was the one to kill them while they were in the womb.

For further reading

Conception Verses Implantation ? When Are You Considered Pregnant? | Ovatel

Because in our constitutional republic, We the People have given the right to our leges and our courts to make decisions when our behavior interacts with and influences the public welfare.

So how does a woman either pregnant or in a car with her own kids, smoking affect public welfare and are there laws in place to prevent either? Last I checked both were legal.

So how does a woman either pregnant or in a car with her own kids, smoking affect public welfare and are there laws in place to prevent either? Last I checked both were legal.

False standard. Public means when you interact with others. Personally, I would think it should be a finable summons to smoke in a car with children, but that will depend on the lege.

False standard. Public means when you interact with others. Personally, I would think it should be a finable summons to smoke in a car with children, but that will depend on the lege.

That's the one you said should be controlled by Congress.

That's the one you said should be controlled by Congress.

I said the legislatures, kiddo. I will stipulate that Congress can act in certain situations, yes. When you in public endanger others by your actions, then you have no protected right to privacy.

What about invetro? Personhood laws give rights from the moment of conception, what does that mean to couples trying to conceive using invetro ,considering (depending on the procedure) they toss fertilized eggs in the trash can.

What about miscarriages? If a fetus is a person, would that mean miscarriages should be reported and the death of the fetus investigated for wrong doing?

One assumes these questions are rhetorical, as they clearly demonstrate the idiocy of the legislation.

Forum List

Back