Pity the South

I answered the question...if you don't like the answer... don't ask the question.

...because old people elected you to speak for them.

i responed to your idiotic "answer'

if you dont like my response; dont say stupid shit

I'm sorry the truth upset you.

yea; i'm 'upset"

lmao

not really dork; it's a free country; you keep making a fool of yourself; and i'll keep reminding you of it!

More bad news for confederate states - on average, not only are people living in confederate states less educated, sicker, Republican, smoke more, fatter, and poorer but-----but it turns out southerner's lifestyle makes them more miserable than the rest of us. It doesn't have to be that way - the South could have a lot to offer but-----but unfortunately southerners are submissive to the plutocrats.

The links I posted tended to measure more definable, realistic things. Measuring who is miserable (or happy) is a bit different.

As an example, my grandfather had a 3rd grade education, was a farmer, chewed tobacco, ate a high fat diet, and was never rich by any stretch of the imagination. Contrary to your opinion, I have known few men who were happier than he was. He was a voracious reader. He loved what he did for a living. He took the time to enjoy each day. He had family and friends. He lived to be 88 years old and only spent 1 night in a hospital in all that time.

Someone else has mentioned the high violent crime rates in other areas. Funny that this doesn't increase misery, but being a Republican does?

This bias based on geography is the lowest nonsense.

Last edited:
...because old people elected you to speak for them.

i responed to your idiotic "answer'

if you dont like my response; dont say stupid shit

I'm sorry the truth upset you.

yea; i'm 'upset"

lmao

not really dork; it's a free country; you keep making a fool of yourself; and i'll keep reminding you of it!

This might help you :

Anger Management Strategies For Adults | www.succeedsocially.com

I pity the south for the liberals moving down to escape the shithole they created only to start it all over again.

escape? lol There are no fences. More people live in liberal California than a much bigger Texas.
The word escape was figurative, that has to be explained to you? Many Californians, especially businesses, are moving to Texas.

I pity the south for the liberals moving down to escape the shithole they created only to start it all over again.

escape? lol There are no fences. More people live in liberal California than a much bigger Texas.
The word escape was figurative, that has to be explained to you? Many Californians, especially businesses, are moving to Texas.

Sorry you couldn't grasp my point. But California goes to the highest bidders...the losers have to settle for Texas.

Sorry you couldn't grasp my point. But California goes to the highest bidders...the losers have to settle for Texas.

WTF?

glad i'm not the only one who sees what an idiot you are. lol

Feel free to pity the south if you want. I love living here.

While there may be more poverty, the lower cost of living means it is an easier place to be poor. I have access to some top quality health care, and my insurance dollars go farther. I make a nationally competitive salary in my field, and with the lower cost of living I can enjoy it and still save for retirement. Smoking is a choice people make, it is not my problem.

But it is not just those things, but the genuine friendliness I enjoy down here. I have travelled and worked all over the US. And there are friendly people everywhere. But no where has the volume of smiling friendly people you find in the south. People wave as you drive by. They chat in the checkout lines at the grocery store. When I was coming back down from working up north I could always tell when I was "Home" again. If I stopped for gas and a cold drink and the clerk just said, "$32.00 please", I wasn't close. When they said, "Hi, how ya doin? Sure is a pretty day (or cold day or whatever) That'll be $32.00. Drive safe now", I knew I was closer to home.

Pity us if you want. I'll take little old ladies saying "Bless her heart", tall glasses of sweet tea, the smell of magnolia blossoms, college football tailgating, and miles of dirt roads over a slightly higher standard of living for everyone else.

I knew an Alabama fan would mention football.

While there may be more poverty, the lower cost of living means it is an easier place to be poor. I have access to some top quality health care, and my insurance dollars go farther. I make a nationally competitive salary in my field, and with the lower cost of living I can enjoy it and still save for retirement. Smoking is a choice people make, it is not my problem.

But it is not just those things, but the genuine friendliness I enjoy down here. I have travelled and worked all over the US. And there are friendly people everywhere. But no where has the volume of smiling friendly people you find in the south. People wave as you drive by. They chat in the checkout lines at the grocery store. When I was coming back down from working up north I could always tell when I was "Home" again. If I stopped for gas and a cold drink and the clerk just said, "$32.00 please", I wasn't close. When they said, "Hi, how ya doin? Sure is a pretty day (or cold day or whatever) That'll be $32.00. Drive safe now", I knew I was closer to home.

Pity us if you want. I'll take little old ladies saying "Bless her heart", tall glasses of sweet tea, the smell of magnolia blossoms, college football tailgating, and miles of dirt roads over a slightly higher standard of living for everyone else.

Yep, I did. Ever been tailgating at an SEC game? Great fun. But the mention of football was only a minor one.

I understood your point, it was stupid. Sorry you didn't understand the answer. The highest bidder? That's what you call taxing the shit out of people?

Top 15 fattest U.S. states:

1. Mississippi
2. Alabama
3. West Virginia
4. Tennessee
5. Louisiana
6. Kentucky
7. Oklahoma
8. South Carolina
9. Arkansas
10. Michigan
11. Missouri
12. Texas
13. Ohio
14. North Carolina
15. Indiana

15. Indiana - F as in Fat: Top 15 fattest U.S. states - Pictures - CBS News

We do love our food. If you choose to pity a region (or try to demean it) based on a obesity, knock yourself out. Yes, there are health issues that go with being overweight. But I hardly see that as a reason to pity anyone.

According to the link you posted, the #15 fattest state lists 29.1% of their population as obese. The #2 state shows 32.3% of the population being obese.

That is hardly a huge margin of difference.

Last edited:

Yep, I did. Ever been tailgating at an SEC game? Great fun. But the mention of football was only a minor one.

On my bucket list is attending an Iron Bowl but I have tailgated at UT games.

All joking aside your grandfather sounds like a smart man. Life is short, stop and smell the roses. simple things in life are the best.

I have done my share of traveling as well and southern people are some of the best America has to offer. They are courteous,charming and respectful.

Top 15 fattest U.S. states:

1. Mississippi
2. Alabama
3. West Virginia
4. Tennessee
5. Louisiana
6. Kentucky
7. Oklahoma
8. South Carolina
9. Arkansas
10. Michigan
11. Missouri
12. Texas
13. Ohio
14. North Carolina
15. Indiana

15. Indiana - F as in Fat: Top 15 fattest U.S. states - Pictures - CBS News

We do love our food. If you choose to pity a region (or try to demean it) based on a obesity, knock yourself out. Yes, there are health issues that go with being overweight. But I hardly see that as a reason to pity anyone.

According to the link you posted, the #15 fattest state lists 29.1% of their population as obese. The #2 state shows 32.3% of the population being obese.

That is hardly a huge margin of difference.

I was just thinking about the heath issues raised in the OP. But I reserve the right to flame SEC fans.

On my bucket list is attending an Iron Bowl but I have tailgated at UT games.

All joking aside your grandfather sounds like a smart man. Life is short, stop and smell the roses. simple things in life are the best.

I have done my share of traveling as well and southern people are some of the best America has to offer. They are courteous,charming and respectful.

Thank you. The Iron Bowl is an event that should be on any football fans bucket list.

My grandfather was a great old guy.

Forum List

Back