Pity the South

It's not pity they have. It's hate.

Who is "they," psycho?

I'm not the one who posted the comment, but he obviously meant those slamming the south.

I ask the question by way of indicating that any assholes on this site who insult ANY great state in our Union, whatever region of the country from which they may hail, do NOT represent the majority view of Americans anywhere.

I don't expect psycho-boy there to understand what I mean.

Who is "they," psycho?

I'm not the one who posted the comment, but he obviously meant those slamming the south.

I ask the question by way of indicating that any assholes on this site who insult ANY great state in our Union, whatever region of the country from which they may hail, do NOT represent the majority view of Americans anywhere.

I don't expect psycho-boy there to understand what I mean.

Don't make me get out my axe Wendy. :lol:

I loved South Carolina when I lived there. It was the first time I was able to buy a house for me and my son. I could never afford one back in Boston. The cost of living was incredibly lower than Massachusetts. I'd live there again if given the opportunity.

Some Southern states have a low cost of living, some not so much, South Carolina is pretty average at 19th highest cost of living in the US but-----but in state by state comparisons, the 15 states with the lowest cost of living are OK, TN, ID, KY, NE, IN, KS, AR, TX, MS, UT, MO, AL, GA, OH. But-----but as MoneyRates.com points out there's more to it than just-----just the COL...

...Rankings of the Best 10 States for Making a Living

Richard Barrington
MoneyRates.com Senior Financial Analyst, CFA
April 05, 2011

MoneyRates.com looked at four factors involved in making a living:
  • Average state wages
  • State unemployment rate
  • State tax rate
  • State cost of living
Based on all these factors, MoneyRates.com calculated an adjusted-average income for each state - the average income adjusted for your chances of finding a job, how much you would lose to state taxes, and how much purchasing power that income would have based on the cost of living in that state. A ranking of these adjusted-average incomes is the basis for the following list of the top 10 states for making a living:

Top 10 states for making a living

170x170_illinois.jpg

1. Illinois
At $41,986.51, Illinois had the best adjusted-average income. The unemployment rate in Illinois is not especially low, but the state benefits from relatively high average wages, a low state tax rate, and a below-average cost of living. As an added plus, you can make good use of your money once you earn it in Illinois. Four of the best banks in America, based on a MoneyRates.com analysis of factors like customer service, checking account fees, and savings and money market rates, have operations in Illinois.

170x170_washington.jpg

2. Washington
The adjusted-average income here was $41,455.73. The cost of living may be above average, but so is the typical income, and with no state income tax, you'll get to keep more of what you earn.

170x170_texas.jpg

3. Texas
Texas is another state with no income tax, and along with a relatively low cost of living and unemployment rate, this gives Texas a good adjusted-average income - at $41,427.12, it's just a little behind Washington's.

170x170_virginia.jpg

4. Virginia
The adjusted-average income for Virginia worked out to $41,120.49, helped by high average wages and a relatively low unemployment rate. This is also a good state for your checking accounts, savings accounts, or money market accounts, with four of the best banks identified by MoneyRates.com operating in Virginia.

170x170_delaware.jpg

5. Delaware
While the adjusted-average incomes of the top four states were bunched quite closely, Delaware's is a clear step back at $39,104.64. Still, this is good enough to rank fifth, largely on the strength of Delaware's high average wages.

170x170_massachusettes.jpg

6. Massachusetts
The high cost of living in Massachusetts is counterbalanced by the highest average wage levels of any state, helping Massachusetts rank sixth with an adjusted-average income of $38,664.86.

170x170_georgia.jpg

7. Georgia
A combination of a low cost of living and solid average wages help Georgia make the list with an adjusted-average income of $38,228.47. This is another state where you can take great care of your money once you earn it, with four of the MoneyRates.com best banks in America having branches in Georgia.

170x170_Tennessee.jpg

8. Tennessee
A very low cost of living helps Tennessee overcome relatively low wage levels, and because the state's taxes don't apply to wages, you'll get to keep more of what you make. Tennessee's adjusted-average income came in at $38,038.27.

170x170_colorado.jpg

9. Colorado
High average wages and a reasonable state tax burden helped Colorado make the list, coming in just slightly behind Tennessee with an adjusted-average income of $38,020.24.

170x170_minnesota.jpg

10. Minnesota
Rounding out the top 10 is Minnesota, a state with relatively high average wages and below-average unemployment. These factors contribute to Minnesota's adjusted-average income of $37,721.99

Since 4 of the top 10 states for earning a living are in the south, I thought I'd google "Best Places to Live".

Turns out:

Money Magazine listed the Top 50 Best Small Towns, and 11 southern towns made the list, including 2 in the top 10.

Kiplinger's Top 10 Places To Live have 4 southern cities.

And when Business Week made their list of 50 of the Best Cities, 14 southern cities made the list.

Perhaps whomever started this thread should do a little more research?

More bad news for confederate states - on average, not only are people living in confederate states less educated, sicker, Republican, smoke more, fatter, and poorer but-----but it turns out southerner's lifestyle makes them more miserable than the rest of us. It doesn't have to be that way - the South could have a lot to offer but-----but unfortunately southerners are submissive to the plutocrats.

America’s Most Miserable Cities - 24/7 Wall St.
Alexander E.M. Hess, Vince Calio and Thomas C. Frohlich
March 25, 2014

10. Evansville, Ind.-Ky.
> Well-Being Index score: 62.9

9. Mobile, Ala.

8. Shreveport-Bossier City, La.

7. Columbus, Ga.-Ala.
> Well-Being Index score: 62.3

6. Beaumont-Port Arthur, Tex.
> Well-Being Index score: 62.2

5. Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton, N.C.

4. Spartanburg, S.C.

3. Redding, Calif.
> Well-Being Index score: 62.0

2. Charleston, W.Va.
> Well-Being Index score: 60.0

1. Huntington-Ashland, W.Va.-Ky.-Ohio
> Well-Being Index score: 59.5

Did you ever stop to think that maybe there's a reason why things are cheaper in the South?

Sure, but what do I care ? I'm just happy that we have diversity. We have places where libs can go to fulfill many of their nanny-state dreams (although they would be even happier if they kept going north to Canada) and we have places where the rest of us can go to be as little effected by government regulations and taxes as possible. :eusa_clap:

Exactly. If you get yours, why should you care about starving children?

And, when the going gets tough, the dems will bail you out.

Just like always.

can always count on LN to post stupid shit...

Last edited:
More bad news for confederate states - on average, not only are people living in confederate states less educated, sicker, Republican, smoke more, fatter, and poorer but-----but it turns out southerner's lifestyle makes them more miserable than the rest of us. It doesn't have to be that way - the South could have a lot to offer but-----but unfortunately southerners are submissive to the plutocrats.

America’s Most Miserable Cities - 24/7 Wall St.
Alexander E.M. Hess, Vince Calio and Thomas C. Frohlich
March 25, 2014

10. Evansville, Ind.-Ky.

9. Mobile, Ala.

8. Shreveport-Bossier City, La.

7. Columbus, Ga.-Ala.
> Well-Being Index score: 62.3

6. Beaumont-Port Arthur, Tex.

5. Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton, N.C.

4. Spartanburg, S.C.

3. Redding, Calif.
> Well-Being Index score: 62.0

2. Charleston, W.Va.
> Well-Being Index score: 60.0

1. Huntington-Ashland, W.Va.-Ky.-Ohio
> Well-Being Index score: 59.5

I 'spect that the libs who frame the questions in these polls have much more pathetic and thankless lives than the folks who are being targeted by the polls...

]More bad news for confederate states - on average, not only are people living in confederate states less educated, sicker, Republican, smoke more, fatter, and poorer but-----but it turns out southerner's lifestyle makes them more miserable than the rest of us. It doesn't have to be that way - the South could have a lot to offer but-----but unfortunately southerners are submissive to the plutocrats.

Being "Republican" does not belong on a list of negative characteristics. Yeah, some people did notice the 'cute' thing you tried to do there, douche.

It's obvious at theis point that your are at least mildly retarded. The criteria is based on some subjective reasoning, i.e., smoking being Republican, going to college, etc. That doesn't translate into being miserable, it means some leftist egotists projected their values onto others and graded them accordingly.

I looked at the site, did you? Nine of the top ten cities where violent crime is soaring are in the north or California. How did that not factor in? Yes, I realize you can't personally process the info but you'll be called on it wherever you post this nonsense.

yea pity the South; the place were population and jobs are moving from the rusting, decaying North; i.e Detroit

lmao

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Forum List

Back