Planned Parenthoold CEO makes over 500K/Year

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards Now Makes Over $500,000

And in fact, has made almost 600K in some years.

Now, it needs to be clearly understood that PP says none of her salary is paid for by federal grant dollars.

That, I am sure, is probably confirmed. If it wasn't the case, there would be a riot.

It just raises the question: How is a place that says it needs those dollars...able to pay that kind of money (the article says something like 3.8 million to the top 12 executives....thus making them part of the 1%) to it's executives.

I for one, really don't get into the abortion argument. But, there should be someplace else that gets that money.....who does not pay that kind of salary to it's top wage earners.

Now, it needs to be clearly understood that PP says none of her salary is paid for by federal grant dollars.

That, I am sure, is probably confirmed. If it wasn't the case, there would be a riot.

It just raises the question: How is a place that says it needs those dollars...able to pay that kind of money (the article says something like 3.8 million to the top 12 executives....thus making them part of the 1%) to it's executives.

I for one, really don't get into the abortion argument. But, there should be someplace else that gets that money.....who does not pay that kind of salary to it's top wage earners.
Yup, maybe not from federal grant dollars, but if all their other activities were not supplemented by taxpayer funds, how much would be available to pay her? Cut federal funding, let them survive on what they can glean from contributions, like many other "charitable" organizations.

• Banned
I am not sure what to think of this.

PP is a lightningrod.

I've heard stories of other excesses. Not sure how that works.

I guess those who make those donations (do any of them make less than that) care ?

Don't know.

BTW: I have heard the donate to campaigns.

I don't know that that is possible.

Yup, maybe not from federal grant dollars, but if all their other activities were not supplemented by taxpayer funds, how much would be available to pay her? Cut federal funding, let them survive on what they can glean from contributions, like many other "charitable" organizations.
Most of the federal "funding" is Medicaid reimbursements for providing Healthcare services. They are entitled to that. The rest is such a small amount, that only liars wanting to win votes on a wedge issue would be making such a big deal over it.

The self-same liberuls/progs who howl at what CEOs earn in legitimate, income-generating companies turn a blind eye to what the rapacious cannibals inhabiting the corner offices at their pet projects drag home annually.
Maybe the PP CEO should earn absolutely no less than the lowliest coat hanger operator in her/his organization?

• Banned

Most of the federal "funding" is Medicaid reimbursements for providing Healthcare services. They are entitled to that. The rest is such a small amount, that only liars wanting to win votes on a wedge issue would be making such a big deal over it.

So when people talk about defunding PP, and PP says they'd lose access to healthcare...that's all bull.

Right ?

• Banned
The self-same liberuls/progs who howl at what CEOs earn in legitimate, income-generating companies turn a blind eye to what the rapacious cannibals inhabiting the corner offices at their pet projects drag home annually.
Maybe the PP CEO should earn absolutely no less than the lowliest coat hanger operator in her/his organization?

Well, I have to say that more data would be meaningful.

I am still somewhat lost on the split.

What does PP doe that gets the government subsidies ?

And why can't that money go through other channels ?

PP would then be a "non-profit" with no ties to the government. Seems cleaner to me.

So when people talk about defunding PP, and PP says they'd lose access to healthcare...that's all bull.

Right ?

It is. Considering $600k is less than $300 or more million. If you're not sure which number is higher then I've got a great chart to show you that I saw today.

Right ?

Wrong.

Right ?

It is. Considering $600k is less than $300 or more million. If you're not sure which number is higher then I've got a great chart to show you that I saw today.

Please pay attention.

The claim was made that most of the federal money was due becuase it is medicare reimbursements. That means they were paid for services they provided.

Services that others could provide.

Right ?

Right ?

Please pay attention.

The claim was made that most of the federal money was due becuase it is medicare reimbursements. That means they were paid for services they provided.

Right ?

Others could and do and nobody is stopping them.

Right ?

Wrong.

How is that the case ?

It would seem that if the government is paying for services....those services would be obtained elsewhere.

Just asking.

Right ?

Wrong.

How is that the case ?

It would seem that if the government is paying for services....those services would be obtained elsewhere.

Just asking.

Via medicaid....MEDICAID, say it with us!

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Others could provide. But why make them? Planned Parenthood is an effective womens' health provider. Do you want to defund all hospitals that provide any sorts of abortions?

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

It just seems that PP would do better to stay away from government money to keep it clean.

I've really got no issue with the 500 K by itself.

I'd like to know how the clean the accounting is though.

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

It just seems that PP would do better to stay away from government money to keep it clean.

I've really got no issue with the 500 K by itself.

I'd like to know how the clean the accounting is though.

Clean of what?

Right ?

Wrong.

How is that the case ?

Just asking.

Via medicaid....MEDICAID, say it with us!

How about you say to yourself that you are essentially saying PP is the only who supplies medicaid.

Are you that disingenuous ?

Forum List

Back