POLICE STATE: U.S. Prison System Larger Than Soviet Gulags...

The reason we have more people in Jail than other nations is because American in general are the worst people on the planet. Either that or we have a fucked up justice system.

The reason we have more people in Jail than other nations is because American in general are the worst people on the planet. Either that or we have a fucked up justice system.

both of your reasons involve self-hatred. seek medical help

In all fairness, they killed a lot of undesirables. If that's your point, I'm all for it. We are feeding way too many assholes that have no reason to live.

If you're talking about violent criminals, i can agree somewhat. But non-violent offenses need to be handled differently. Especially drug offenses. No one should be incarcerated for merely enjoying doing drugs. We don't incarcerate people for long terms for enjoying getting drunk. Getting high is no different.

Probably more so the latter. Our Justice System is archaic. It's time for it to evolve.

in the old soviet union

how many didnt even make it to the "gulag"

which of course was forced labor camp system

just saying

Statistically, the U.S. Government imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation on the planet. Nothing to boast about.
You have to remember that many countries did and still do send their most violent criminals to America.

I tend to think Americans are the best people on the planet. They just don't know that their political leadership is comprised of the worst people on the planet.

I hear ya somewhat, but American prisons are anything but 'comfortable.' That's a myth invented by old fart 'Law & Order' kooks. Anyone's life can be snuffed out at anytime in prison. American prisons are among the most deadly on earth. The prison murder rate is shocking.

At the very least, non-violent offenders should be housed in separate facilities. Someone who merely enjoys doing drugs shouldn't be thrown in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists. That's barbaric.

I know there are gladiator farms full of human debris that have no business being alive. They're dangerously violent incorrigible sociopaths and I'm happy to keep them there. They seem to flourish in that environment though, so apparently it's not harsh enough for them. I agree that people not in that catagory should never be housed with them, but in some cases they are. However you can put pedophiles in there all you like and make shanks available.

There are also minimum security prisons that house people not considered to be significantly violent. I happen to know these facilities aren't too harsh to be in or people wouldn't keep going back.

I don't think drug offenders should be caged at all. Unless they violate some other law to feed a habit, or do something stupid as a result of being fucked up at the time.

In all fairness, they killed a lot of undesirables. If that's your point, I'm all for it. We are feeding way too many assholes that have no reason to live.
If you're talking about violent criminals, i can agree somewhat. But non-violent offenses need to be handled differently. Especially drug offenses. No one should be incarcerated for merely enjoying doing drugs. We don't incarcerate people for long terms for enjoying getting drunk. Getting high is no different.
That not true. Many people steal for their drug fix. Most people don't get that addicted to alcohol. Drugs are illegal for a reason, the government is doing the will of the people, not imposing party pooper laws onto he masses. People aren't thrown into jails for getting caught with a doobie.

That not true. Many people steal for their drug fix. Most people don't get that addicted to alcohol. Drugs are illegal for a reason, the government is doing the will of the people, not imposing party pooper laws onto he masses. People aren't thrown into jails for getting caught with a doobie.

More reason to decriminalize most drugs. Go and research the rampant criminal brutality when alcohol was illegal. And i still say, people with drug problems shouldn't be thrown in cages with brutal murderers and rapists. They can't get help there.

In fact, their lives are in danger every minute they spend in jail. Police don't care who lives or dies in jail. No one deserves a death sentence for merely enjoying doing drugs. Our Justice System needs to evolve.

More reason to decriminalize most drugs. Go and research the rampant criminal brutality when alcohol was illegal. And i still say, people with drug problems shouldn't be thrown in cages with brutal murderers and rapists. They can't get help there.

In fact, their lives are in danger every minute they spend there. No one deserves a death sentence for merely enjoying doing drugs. Our Justice System needs to evolve.
No, you do some research since you are clueless. The mobs were fighting for turf, that isn't the same thing as people robbing you for a fix. Your kind of thinking is exactly why we need to keep drugs off the streets, something goes horribly wrong with the mind and they can't see it.

I hear ya somewhat, but American prisons are anything but 'comfortable.' That's a myth invented by old fart 'Law & Order' kooks. Anyone's life can be snuffed out at anytime in prison. American prisons are among the most deadly on earth. The prison murder rate is shocking.

At the very least, non-violent offenders should be housed in separate facilities. Someone who merely enjoys doing drugs shouldn't be thrown in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists. That's barbaric.

I know there are gladiator farms full of human debris that have no business being alive. They're dangerously violent incorrigible sociopaths and I'm happy to keep them there. They seem to flourish in that environment though, so apparently it's not harsh enough for them. I agree that people not in that catagory should never be housed with them, but in some cases they are. However you can put pedophiles in there all you like and make shanks available.

There are also minimum security prisons that house people not considered to be significantly violent. I happen to know these facilities aren't too harsh to be in or people wouldn't keep going back.

I don't think drug offenders should be caged at all. Unless they violate some other law to feed a habit, or do something stupid as a result of being fucked up at the time.

We can agree on some things. At the very least, house non-violent offenders in separate facilities. And i agree no one should be incarcerated for merely enjoying doing drugs. It's an adult personal decision.

Our prisons are stuffed with people who don't belong there. I don't have much mercy for violent criminals, but i can have mercy for non-violent criminals. Especially non-violent drug offenders.

See what kind of horrific crime Prohibition caused. It's time to decriminalize most drugs. People wanna get high. So what? It's their call. They shouldn't be thrown in cages for it.

See what kind of horrific crime Prohibition caused. It's time to decriminalize most drugs. People wanna get high. So what? It's their call. They shouldn't be thrown in cages for it.

Small government means telling people what they can and can't do..... I don't get it.

Small government means telling people what they can and can't do..... I don't get it.

I've come to realize that most who claim to support Small/Less Government are full of shite. They're usually Neocon Globalists who worship Government. They worship Government just as much as Communists/Progressives do. There are very few real Conservatives around these days.

LOL, it cracks me up how stupid you are. I'm a libertarian, Holmes. You think I'm for legal drugs? What a complete fucking idiot you are.

Authoritarian rightists like you are sick fucks who want to control other people's bodies. Drugs don't need to be "decriminalized," they need to be legalized. The difference is you are making them legal only for use. Without making them legal to distribute you don't fix most of the problems, like funding organized crime.

Christian sicko bible thumpers who think everyone's body is yours cause all this mess, you need to clean up your act, polly

I'm with you up to a point. The only way legalized dope across the board would work is by denying any subsidies to addicts. They would have to be allowed to die under bridges.

That would discourage other people from indulging.

What do you mean by "subsidies." As a libertarian, I think charity should be private, or at least local

No, you don't get small government, telling people what they can and can't do is your gig

I've come to realize that most who claim to support Small/Less Government are full of shite. They're usually Neocon Globalists who worship Government. They worship Government just as much as Communists/Progressives do. There are very few real Conservatives around these days.

I find there a lot of people, on all sides, who simply use what is convenient to get what they want. Very few people have fundamental principles which guide their thoughts. It's merely take an issue, fine a way to prove themselves right and run with it. Then the next issue do the same, even if it's contradictory.

The US has turned politics into a team sport, and it's ridiculous. I spend more time talking to those on the right than the left, so I see the hypocrisy of the right more often.

What do you mean by "subsidies." As a libertarian, I think charity should be private, or at least local

I mean welfare.

If individuals want to give money to oxygen thieves they're free to do so.

No, you don't get small government, telling people what they can and can't do is your gig

I'm sorry.

Being anti-drugs, anti-alcohol, anti-jay walking (interesting story as to why jay-walking became illegal in the first place), anti-gay marriage, anti-so many things which stop people doing what they want.

Don't come here with all that bravado and trying to deflect it away. You know it's true. You claim to be a libertarian, then surely you'd see what a lot of these mindless conservatives are like.

LOL, it cracks me up how stupid you are. I'm a libertarian, Holmes. You think I'm for legal drugs? What a complete fucking idiot you are.

Authoritarian rightists like you are sick fucks who want to control other people's bodies. Drugs don't need to be "decriminalized," they need to be legalized. The difference is you are making them legal only for use. Without making them legal to distribute you don't fix most of the problems, like funding organized crime.

Christian sicko bible thumpers who think everyone's body is yours cause all this mess, you need to clean up your act, polly

I'm with you up to a point. The only way legalized dope across the board would work is by denying any subsidies to addicts. They would have to be allowed to die under bridges.

That would discourage other people from indulging.

That works for me. Churches will tend to them, they do a better job anyway.

Yes, churches do a far greater job with far less money than government does

Forum List

Back