POLL: Is this in the best interests of our young people, or is it not?

Should we promote & enable challenging opinions for our young people?

• Yes

Votes: 47 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mango

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
Allowing others to hear it or not is NOT their call. They can protest from outside the hall. That's not associating themselves with it. OBVIOUSLY, her "message" makes them "uncomfortable". Because their fear has to be that OTHERS might learn something or agree in parts of what she says. Otherwise, there would be no downside. Let the "Illuminati" folks and the Holocaust deniers have their shots. How long does it take you to totally defeat their "message". Aint no sweat off anyone's back to refute and dismiss fuzzy, muddled, or hateful thinking.

If they are so GOOD at their convictions, letting free speech reign would be a WELCOMED thing. Even amusing at times. I think they are fearful, paranoid, and not very well equipped to refute the stuff they fear..
The Regressives know this. This is simply about their fear of opposing views ruining all the effort they make in conditioning our kids on campus.

Let me know when Liberty University and other bastions of rightwing indoctrination allow opposing views...

Let's see.. BESIDES Liberty Univ. where's the ginormous list of "bastions of rightwing indoctrination" that you refer to here? :lol: Seems to me -- that's gonna be a very small list compromising an amazingly TINY portion of college minds getting "indoctrinated".. Even Liberty U brings challenge to campus on TOPICS that rattle "conservative nerves" but is not HUGE on petty partisan political squabbles.

We're talking about an illness that has infected MOST universities in MOST states. Even my own UTenn had recent bouts with pronoun wars and speakers. Until they slash the budget for the Office on campus that was kicking out these ridiculous edicts and agendas..
I also don't remember riots and threats when Sanders spoke at Liberty.

Maybe I missed it. Or maybe they're not cowards there, who knows.

Bernies a good example of why mere political speech shouldn't be feared or shooed elsewhere. Because I agree with about 1/2 of what Bernie wants. And there is much in common with Conservatives as well. At least TRUE Conservatives. Not the Country Club, business as usual crowd.
Bernie isn't afraid of opposing speech. He welcomes it, for multiple very good reasons.

Agree with him or not, he's the real deal.

Unlike the Regressive Leftist cowards.

The Regressives know this. This is simply about their fear of opposing views ruining all the effort they make in conditioning our kids on campus.

Let me know when Liberty University and other bastions of rightwing indoctrination allow opposing views...

Let's see.. BESIDES Liberty Univ. where's the ginormous list of "bastions of rightwing indoctrination" that you refer to here? :lol: Seems to me -- that's gonna be a very small list compromising an amazingly TINY portion of college minds getting "indoctrinated".. Even Liberty U brings challenge to campus on TOPICS that rattle "conservative nerves" but is not HUGE on petty partisan political squabbles.

We're talking about an illness that has infected MOST universities in MOST states. Even my own UTenn had recent bouts with pronoun wars and speakers. Until they slash the budget for the Office on campus that was kicking out these ridiculous edicts and agendas..
I also don't remember riots and threats when Sanders spoke at Liberty.

Maybe I missed it. Or maybe they're not cowards there, who knows.

Bernies a good example of why mere political speech shouldn't be feared or shooed elsewhere. Because I agree with about 1/2 of what Bernie wants. And there is much in common with Conservatives as well. At least TRUE Conservatives. Not the Country Club, business as usual crowd.
Bernie isn't afraid of opposing speech. He welcomes it, for multiple very good reasons.

Agree with him or not, he's the real deal.

Unlike the Regressive Leftist cowards.

When you prove that I am afraid if opposing speech, let me know. Or....Am I not a regressive lefty?

Here's my position: It's a moral and cultural obligation of ours, as citizens of the United States, to promote and enable our young people to be exposed to contrary, stimulating, challenging, and yes, even controversial opinions at every opportunity. It is in their best interests, and the best interests of our country, to do so.

Those protesting Coulter already know her opinions.

I'm sure the vast majority of them have, at best the most vague knowledge, based on lies, about Ann's positions, with ZERO knowledge of her arguments to support them.
Irrelevant.

The Regressive Left will use ANY excuse, regardless of how absurd it is, to shut down opposing speech.

True.
Look at how they've behaved on this thread. Holy crap.

They react like this because they know what they're doing is wrong.

And I show you a quote from Ms. Coulter calling for a speaker invited to talk at Columbia to be “tazed”….wouldn’t that indicated that the “regressive right” is just as guilty?

Here's my position: It's a moral and cultural obligation of ours, as citizens of the United States, to promote and enable our young people to be exposed to contrary, stimulating, challenging, and yes, even controversial opinions at every opportunity. It is in their best interests, and the best interests of our country, to do so.

I'm sure the vast majority of them have, at best the most vague knowledge, based on lies, about Ann's positions, with ZERO knowledge of her arguments to support them.
Irrelevant.

The Regressive Left will use ANY excuse, regardless of how absurd it is, to shut down opposing speech.

True.

I do not think many are even aware of what you referenced in the OP….more or less disgusted by your sanctimonious and ridiculous portrayal of yourself as being impartial.

Irrelevant.

True.

I do not think many are even aware of what you referenced in the OP….more or less disgusted by your sanctimonious and ridiculous portrayal of yourself as being impartial.
Here we go again. I've never portrayed myself as impartial or centrist or moderate. I've even gone so far as to post exactly where I stand on all the top issues.

That lie is merely what the hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends have to fall back on when they have nothing else. They avoid the topic and go after me.

The two ends are so similar. I wonder what it's like being so similar to those you loathe.

I wish you folks would just admit you don't really believe in freedom of expression. Just be honest. This could have been a much shorter thread.

Last edited:
All this spin, all this deflection, all these attacks. Just to avoid the real issue.

People who really believe in freedom of expression welcome opposing views.

Like Bernie Sanders, Barack Obama, Norm Chomsky. They believe in it.

Last edited:
I think it's also important to remember that protesting something is in itself free speech. (Peacefully that is)

All this spin, all this deflection, all these attacks. Just to avoid the real issue.

Prove that anyone opposing you in this thread doesn't welcome opposing views.

"Prove" to who?

You?

:laugh:

"Prove" to who?

You?

Yep. Me and everyone else here who doesn't buy your holier than thou BS.

I've never once even hinted that any person should ever be muffled or discouraged from speaking. You, on the other hand, put people on Iggy when you fear their words.

"Prove" to who?

You?

I've never once even hinted that any person should ever be muffled or discouraged from speaking. You, on the other hand, put people on Iggy when you fear their words.
I don't give a shit what you buy, snowflake.

"Prove" to who?

You?

Oh. You called me a snowflake. That's awesome.

"Prove" to who?

You?

Oh. You called me a snowflake. That's awesome.

All of the spin and attacks and he’s still just another partisan blowhard. He’s entertaining in his denial…you’ve got to give him that.

Seems like the issue here is not your PERSONAL views of fascist speech controls. But that you seem to CONDONE the noisy, threatening mobs who want to short circuit free expression on campuses.

So let's cut to the chase. When Bernie Sanders, Bill Mahrer and Liz Warren are agreeing with the VAST MAJORITY of both Repubs and Dems (not to mention Mac and me) --- that this mindless censorship is out of place in America -- where does that leave you?

Let's look at another angle. There's a LONG LIST now of the top rank comedians who have QUIT doing college gigues. Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock have spoken out strongly. Saying those college kids don't have a clue as to the racist, sexist, homophobic accusations that they hurl.

And ain't that amazing -- that a generation who probably spend Fri/Sat night watching X-rated comedy routines and GREW UP on Chris Rock/Seinfeld would want to create such an atmosphere so HOSTILE to even SATIRE AND COMEDY -- that it's no longer an option for Homecoming or Special Events on campus..

Seems like the issue here is not your PERSONAL views of fascist speech controls. But that you seem to CONDONE the noisy, threatening mobs who want to short circuit free expression on campuses.

So let's cut to the chase. When Bernie Sanders, Bill Mahrer and Liz Warren are agreeing with the VAST MAJORITY of both Repubs and Dems (not to mention Mac and me) --- that this mindless censorship is out of place in America -- where does that leave you?

Let's look at another angle. There's a LONG LIST now of the top rank comedians who have QUIT doing college gigues. Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock have spoken out strongly. Saying those college kids don't have a clue as to the racist, sexist, homophobic accusations that they hurl.

And ain't that amazing -- that a generation who probably spend Fri/Sat night watching X-rated comedy routines and GREW UP on Chris Rock/Seinfeld would want to create such an atmosphere so HOSTILE to even SATIRE AND COMEDY -- that it's no longer an option for Homecoming or Special Events on campus..
Bravo, but you're wasting your time.

They don't care.

"Yeah, sure, I believe in freedom of speech 'n stuff, but I don't like that person, so I won't say anything if they're shut down. In fact, I'll be pretty happy about it and I'll defend those who shut them down. But yeah, sure, freedom of speech is great".

Spotting the regressive authoritarians is pretty easy.

Last edited:
:clap2:

"Prove" to who?

You?

And it's meltdown time!

Bernie's still stinging from the time in the campaign the BLM people jumped up on stage and disrupted his rally.

Forum List

Back