POLL: Let's try a COVID compromise, shall we?

Do you agree with this Free Market COVID Compromise?

• 1. Yes. This is a fair compromise.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 2. No. This is not a fair compromise.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 3. I don't want to answer. I just want to complain about the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Double meat thin crust pizza.

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
Oh, so now you're down to only the 'mucking up the healthcare system' reason, interesting. Especially since hospitals are no where near in any danger of being overwhelmed, and wouldn't be (according to your numbers) now that 60% of the population have been vaxed, and at least half of Americans have had Covid. Why should a private company be concerned with that? Their liability, and therefore interest, is only in the spreading of the virus. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread the virus, so accordingly a business cannot claim that they're 'safe' for employees or customers even if 100% of their employees are vaccinated. The mandates to vaccinate make no sense from a 'public health' standpoint, only from a personal choice standpoint if you believe it will lessen symptoms.
They're not overwhelmed? Not everywhere, but many places with low vaccination rates.

Another issue with not getting vaccinated or wearing masks is the opportunity for more mutations to form that could become more deadly and maybe even render the vaccinations useless. So, yes, I think businesses if they want the economy to improve, reduce death and serious illness and the possibility of more deadlier variants have an interest in preventing the spread. Hell, just keeping their employees and customers healthy is already an incentive.

They're not overwhelmed? Not everywhere, but many places with low vaccination rates.

Another issue with not getting vaccinated or wearing masks is the opportunity for more mutations to form that could become more deadly and maybe even render the vaccinations useless. So, yes, I think businesses if they want the economy to improve, reduce death and serious illness and the possibility of more deadlier variants have an interest in preventing the spread. Hell, just keeping their employees and customers healthy is already an incentive.
Unfortunately for you, it's not happening in most places. And no, I wouldn't describe what you posted as 'overwhelmed', but the articles are certainly full of terminology to cause and create fear.

So you believe that we can stop this virus from mutating? Based on what exactly?

I've changed my opinion over the last week on vaccinations. There are clearly a lot of people who, for their own reasons, are going to refuse to get vaccinated. There's not a damn thing I can do about that, so I'm just trying to deal with reality here. So to make this as clear as I can:

1. I support your right to not get vaccinated.
2. I am against forcing you to get vaccinated.

There. Nice and clear. I figure the only way to get past this mess is to either get vaccinated or get sick and develop an immunity that way, if you don't die. I'll look at it like a controlled burn, where you just get rid of the wasted underbrush. Fine. We can all move on now. And, I won't even ask you to not spread this virus, especially to kids, since we're now seeing an increase in hospitalizations there. I know that asking you to at least be careful for them is an "attack" on your "freedom" and "liberty", and we all know how you feel about THAT.

There. You are free to exercise your freedom and your liberty, and the rest of us will get off your backs. In exchange, I will propose this fully free market compromise:

1. Any business is free to install and enforce mask mandates to protect their employees and patrons. If you don't like that, you are free to exercise your free market rights and shop at their competition.
2. Any hospital is free to (a) put voluntarily non-vaccinated COVID patients on a lower priority for both ICUs and private rooms so that regular patients with other problems can be served as they should be, and (b) charge whatever extra COVID fees they feel are appropriate, whether it is upon admission, on a daily basis, or both. In cash. Up front. A fully free market solution.

Can we agree? Vaxxers? Anti-Vaxxers?

Well aren't you being your usual condescending ass today.

Oh so now employers can mandate things based on what improves the economy and reduces deaths and serious illnesses?

Things are gonna get real fun for you Lefties when we start talking about STDs, drug use, marriage, staying married and etc.

I like this direction, oh yea

Heart attacks aren't highly contagious, putting kids in ICUs, and largely avoidable with free, easy and voluntary vaccination.

Alcoholism isn't highly contagious, putting kids in ICUs, and largely avoidable with free, easy and voluntary vaccination.

Smoking isn't highly contagious, putting kids in ICUs, and largely avoidable with free, easy and voluntary vaccination.

So, no.

Cars do put kids in ICU's.

High School football puts kids in ICU's.

Bicycles put kids in ICU's.

Add those to the list or else shove your compromise.

Y'know, you look at the numbers (which couldn't be more clear) and then you realize these people just won't believe them no matter what. Or, they're only going to believe the alternative numbers that are provided to them in their world.

I guess we have become used to this alternative universe thing, but it still blows my mind. I wonder how many of them are beginning to feel some doubt, that they've been duped again. We'll never know, because they'll never, ever admit it.

What a bizarre fuckin' time. Honestly, I don't want to get used to this. This can't happen again.

Y'know, you look at the numbers (which couldn't be more clear) and then you realize these people just won't believe them no matter what. Or, they're only going to believe the alternative numbers that are provided to them in their world.

I guess we have become used to this alternative universe thing, but it still blows my mind. I wonder how many of them are beginning to feel some doubt, that they've been duped again. We'll never know, because they'll never, ever admit it.

What a bizarre fuckin' time. Honestly, I don't want to get used to this. This can't happen again.

Obama said "fuck you" to that. LOL!

Be like Obama.

1628545005228.png

What a croc of shit.

How about putting smokers on lower priority? Fat people? Homos with AIDS?
After all “they did it to themselves”, right?

You can add overworked executives with hyper tension, those with ulcers. All of us could be in better health if we took better care of ourselves.

Well, it's happening again.

There have been a number of stories of people who regretted not getting vaxxed right before they fooled themselves into suicide. This guy, who I guess is a conservative radio host and back-up news anchor at NewsMax is the latest that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
There have been a number of stories of people who regretted not getting vaxxed right before they fooled themselves into suicide. This guy, who I guess is a conservative radio host and back-up news anchor at NewsMax is the latest that I'm aware of.
It won't change most of their minds. He was a commie RINO Chinese Hitler who was just PRETENDING to be anti-vaxx. Yeah, that's it.

These people can't be communicated with. It's like living in a fuckin' zombie movie. It just has to wear off to some degree, I guess.

Last edited:
What other reasons would there be that differentiates a vaxxed employee from a non-vaxxed one?
actually there are none at all
If the excess death rates weren't manipulated as they have been, I doubt seriously it would appear to be much worse than the Hong Kong flu of 1968.
good point>>>>How does COVID-19 compare to past pandemics?
The vaccinated are spreading Delta more than the unvaccinated.
yup, so herd immunity.....
It is because the anti-vaxxed by far make up the vast majority of people who get seriously ill, hospitalized and/or die.
i'd recheck the #'s in say, 3-6 months time
~S~

actually there are none at all

good point>>>>How does COVID-19 compare to past pandemics?

yup, so herd immunity.....

i'd recheck the #'s in say, 3-6 months time
~S~

Sure, at some point the anti-vaxxers will be redeemed, always a little beyond the sunset up ahead in the distance, you'll get there, what choice do you have except to believe more made up shit that the unvaccinated and unmasked aren't killing themselves and prolonging something that could have been under control.

Austin has a vaccination rate of 70%, you now consider that a low vaccination rate?

Forum List

Back