Poll: To Impeach Or Not To Impeach? (Liberals and Conservatives)

To Impeach or Not

• I am a liberal and I want him impeached

• I am a liberal and I don't want him impeach

• I am a conservative and I want him impeached

• I am a conservative and I don't want him impeached

Results are only viewable after voting.
While they're at it, they should impeach McConnell and Barr too!

I take it back. You didn't read the Constitution. You cannot impeach a member of the Senate, dumbass!

As usual you're wrong. In 1797 the House impeached a Senator. It is only the Senate that has determined that the House can not impeach a Senator. It is not a rule of the House, nor is it forbidden in the Constitution.

Uh, yes it is. The entire House of Representatives fucked up and didn't read the Constitution, just like you obviously have not.

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Member of the House and Senate are elected by voters, are members of the Legislative branch, and thus are NOT civil Officers of the United States.

Have a nice fucking day, dumbass!

As usual your argument is too stupid for words!

Senators are very much 'Civil Officers of the United States' as much as the President and Vice-President are.

If your idiotic enough to believe that you understand the Constitution better than the Congress of 1797, keep deluding yourself.

You've already proven, over and over again, that you are a person with no integrity whatsoever, so I'm not going to continue this conversation.

You are a sleaze bag and not worth my time.

I take it back. You didn't read the Constitution. You cannot impeach a member of the Senate, dumbass!

As usual you're wrong. In 1797 the House impeached a Senator. It is only the Senate that has determined that the House can not impeach a Senator. It is not a rule of the House, nor is it forbidden in the Constitution.

Uh, yes it is. The entire House of Representatives fucked up and didn't read the Constitution, just like you obviously have not.

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Member of the House and Senate are elected by voters, are members of the Legislative branch, and thus are NOT civil Officers of the United States.

Senators are very much 'Civil Officers of the United States' as much as the President and Vice-President are.

If your idiotic enough to believe that you understand the Constitution better than the Congress of 1797, keep deluding yourself.

You've already proven, over and over again, that you are a person with no integrity whatsoever, so I'm not going to continue this conversation.

In other words: I'm triggered, lost my argument, and will be ungracefully bowing out by insulting you.

civil officer

CIVIL OFFICER

The Constitution of the United States, Art. 2, S. 4, provides, that the president, vice-president, and civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. By this term are included all officers of the United States who hold their appointments under the national government, whether their duties are executive or judicial, in the highest or the lowest departments of the government, with the exception of officers of the army and navy. A senator of the United States, it was once decided, was not a civil officer, within the meaning of this clause in the Constitution.

Enjoy your walk of shame out of the thread! :bye1:

"There's a reason impeachment and removal of a president is a political process, not a criminal one. It requires a reason beyond reproach, public support, and the certitude that Congress can follow through. Dems don't even have one of these three things." - Chris Christie

Trump is begging to be impeached.

If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.
Mueller said that Wednesday.

On Thursday morning, Trump raged, providing an incoherent rant during which he called an American destroyer a "boat" and said that the courts would not allow impeachment. Nearly every sentence was a lie.

On Thursday night, Trump, as is his custom, decided to change the subject. To divert attention away from a damaging controversy, he created a more damaging controversy.

Sandy Shanks said:
The Dow Jones Industrial Average posted its fifth consecutive weekly decline, its longest since 2011.

The Dow is down 1,000 points since Trump announced his 25% tariff on Chinese goods and threatened a 25% tariff on another 325 billion more.

Sandy Shanks said:
"We're not ready to make a deal."

Trump said that yesterday. Today, the Dow lost 238 points.

Sandy Shanks said:
The Dow is down another 260 points today.

Sandy Shanks said:
The Dow is down about 1500 points since that tweet. Millions of Americans have lost millions of dollars in retirement savings. Farmers are being seriously hurt, and Trump wants to bail them out with another $16B on top of the $12B they have already received. Huge retailers like Walmart are raising prices because of the tariffs. Market analysts are concerned about inflation. Inflation causes less demand, causing less employment, which causes recession.

Sandy Shanks said:
"Mr. President, you are doing a terrific job," Vladimir Putin, Russian president.

So, what does Trump do? On Thursday he threatened more tariffs, of course, this time on Mexico. He threatened to punish Mexico with tariffs until it restrains the flow of migrants across the southwestern border. Only Trump can explain the relationship between our immigration woes and tariffs/trade.

Come to think of it, no, I don't think he can. He just wanted to change the subject, and, in doing so, threatened his signature trade deal, the USMCA.

The Dow lost another 355 points today. Americans lost more of their retirement savings while paying higher prices at the market while bailing out farmers again to the tune of $16B on top of the $12B they have already received.

Some Trump Republicans have made the obligatory criticism of Trump's incredibly ludicrous announcement but they will do nothing to rein in the out-of-control President.

Putting this in perspective, currently, there are about 100,000 to 105,000 impoverished people making illegal border crossings a month. Most Americans could care less. Illegal immigration ranks ninth in the concerns Americans have, mostly Trump fans, I wager. It is a hot button issue for them.

To solve this problem our President wants to penalize 327 million people living in the U.S. and another 130 million people living in Mexico along with every auto manufacturer and every major retail outfit like Walmart and Costco.

Only a President yearning for impeachment would do the things Trump has done this week.

That would be the worst mistake Democrats could make. The idea is to remove Trump from the White House. An innocent ruling in a Senate trial would not do that.

If Democrats need more motivation, picture Trump as a martyr, a sympathetic victim of Democratic overreach, and add another four years to Trump's longevity.

After Trump, I wonder how many

If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.

On Thursday morning, Trump raged, providing an incoherent rant during which he called an American destroyer a "boat" and said that the courts would not allow impeachment. Nearly every sentence was a lie.

On Thursday night, Trump, as is his custom, decided to change the subject. To divert attention away from a damaging controversy, he created a more damaging controversy.

Sandy Shanks said:
The Dow Jones Industrial Average posted its fifth consecutive weekly decline, its longest since 2011.

The Dow is down 1,000 points since Trump announced his 25% tariff on Chinese goods and threatened a 25% tariff on another 325 billion more.

Sandy Shanks said:

Sandy Shanks said:

Sandy Shanks said:
The Dow is down about 1500 points since that tweet. Millions of Americans have lost millions of dollars in retirement savings. Farmers are being seriously hurt, and Trump wants to bail them out with another $16B on top of the $12B they have already received. Huge retailers like Walmart are raising prices because of the tariffs. Market analysts are concerned about inflation. Inflation causes less demand, causing less employment, which causes recession.

Sandy Shanks said:
"Mr. President, you are doing a terrific job," Vladimir Putin, Russian president.

So, what does Trump do? On Thursday he threatened more tariffs, of course, this time on Mexico. He threatened to punish Mexico with tariffs until it restrains the flow of migrants across the southwestern border. Only Trump can explain the relationship between our immigration woes and tariffs/trade.

Come to think of it, no, I don't think he can. He just wanted to change the subject, and, in doing so, threatened his signature trade deal, the USMCA.

The Dow lost another 355 points today. Americans lost more of their retirement savings while paying higher prices at the market while bailing out farmers again to the tune of $16B on top of the $12B they have already received.

Some Trump Republicans have made the obligatory criticism of Trump's incredibly ludicrous announcement but they will do nothing to rein in the out-of-control President.

Putting this in perspective, currently, there are about 100,000 to 105,000 impoverished people making illegal border crossings a month. Most Americans could care less. Illegal immigration ranks ninth in the concerns Americans have, mostly Trump fans, I wager. It is a hot button issue for them.

To solve this problem our President wants to penalize 327 million people living in the U.S. and another 130 million people living in Mexico along with every auto manufacturer and every major retail outfit like Walmart and Costco.

Only a President yearning for impeachment would do the things Trump has done this week.

That would be the worst mistake Democrats could make. The idea is to remove Trump from the White House. An innocent ruling in a Senate trial would not do that.

If Democrats need more motivation, picture Trump as a martyr, a sympathetic victim of Democratic overreach, and add another four years to Trump's longevity.
Can Trump even begin to be a sympathetic victim, with his constant crowing, his ego needing constant grooming, and a parade every month or so?

In other words: I'm triggered, lost my argument, and will be ungracefully bowing out by insulting you.

civil officer

CIVIL OFFICER

The Constitution of the United States, Art. 2, S. 4, provides, that the president, vice-president, and civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. By this term are included all officers of the United States who hold their appointments under the national government, whether their duties are executive or judicial, in the highest or the lowest departments of the government, with the exception of officers of the army and navy. A senator of the United States, it was once decided, was not a civil officer, within the meaning of this clause in the Constitution.

How about reading the Constitution before posting your BULLSHIT!

Article 2 Sec. 4 of the Constitution DOES NOT make any exception for Senators.

I don't know where you got the above OPINION, but it has NEVER been decided by the courts. Only the Senate has stated that members of congress can not be impeached, however since the Senate's opinion on the matter is obviously biased, it doesn't count for much.

The House of Representatives DID impeach a Senator in 1797, so there has been a precedent set. The only reason why the Senate's decision NOT to hold an impeachment trial for the impeached Senator in 1797 is that the Senate REMOVED the Senator using other Senate rules so that an impeachment trial became mute.

If the House impeached a Senator again and the Senate refused to honor that impeachment, the courts would have to decide. It seems unlikely that they would agree that Senators are exempt since the Constitution does not explicitly exempt them.

If the authors of the Constitution wanted Senators to be exempt, they would have stated it in the Constitution.

civil officer

CIVIL OFFICER

BTW- Just to prove how wrong you are, here a discussion of the subject taken directly from Congress:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R44260

Enjoy your walk of shame!

civil officer

CIVIL OFFICER

How about reading the Constitution before posting your BULLSHIT!

Article 2 Sec. 4 of the Constitution DOES NOT make any exception for Senators.

I don't know where you got the above OPINION, but it has NEVER been decided by the courts. Only the Senate has stated that members of congress can not be impeached, however since the Senate's opinion on the matter is obviously biased, it doesn't count for much.

The House of Representatives DID impeach a Senator in 1797, so there has been a precedent set. The only reason why the Senate's decision NOT to hold an impeachment trial for the impeached Senator in 1797 is that the Senate REMOVED the Senator using other Senate rules so that an impeachment trial became mute.

If the House impeached a Senator again and the Senate refused to honor that impeachment, the courts would have to decide. It seems unlikely that they would agree that Senators are exempt since the Constitution does not explicitly exempt them.

If the authors of the Constitution wanted Senators to be exempt, they would have stated it in the Constitution.
I was hoping you'd come back. :11_2_1043:

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL30016.pdf

"Members of Congress are not removed by way of an “impeachment” procedure in the legislature, as are executive and judicial officers, but are subject to the more simplified legislative process of expulsion.* A removal through an impeachment requires the action of both houses of Congress—impeachment in the House and trial and conviction in the Senate; while an expulsion is accomplished merely by the House or Senate acting alone concerning one of its own Members, and without the constitutional requirement of trial and conviction."

* See case of Senator William Blount (Tenn.), expelled July 8, 1797, found not subject to impeachment. Asher Hinds, HINDS’PRECEDENTS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES [HINDS’PRECEDENTS], Vol. III, §§2294-2318 (1907).

Sandy Shanks said:

Sandy Shanks said:

Sandy Shanks said:

Sandy Shanks said:

Sandy Shanks said:

A. Immigration is 3rd, not 9th, "The 3 top issues for voters are: Healthcare, the Economy, Immigration"
Top Issues for Voters: Healthcare, Economy, Immigration
B. Trump is managing the economy and illegal immigration, that's more than BO did in 8-years. Tariffs only affect foreign made goods, not items made 100% in the USA, so buy American!!
C. Trump will get another 4-years, because the dems have no one who can beat him with their stupid policies, as follows:

1. Open borders, tear down the southern border fence/wall
2. Sanctuary cities & states
3. Free college
4. Single Payer Healthcare, aka rationed healthcare, "Medicare for all"
5. Eliminate ICE and DHS, turn the US into the EU, with muslim "no go zones"
6. Promote Globalism, whatever Wall Street wants Wall Street gets, see K-Street Cash
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements, e.g tax breaks to move factories overseas
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property
10. Let NK develop nukes and ICBM delivery systems, have no one capable of dealing with NK
11. Raise taxes to 70% on the wealthy, especially on corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Opioid problem running rampant across the US
13. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
14. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
15. No new pipelines
16. No offshore drilling
17. The dems' "Central Committee" appoints super-delegates to subvert real voters in primaries
18. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
19. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
20. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
21. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and paid for the phony Steele Dossier
22. Block voter ID laws to ensure fraud, and promote "vote harvesting" to steal elections
23. Refuse to provide funding for border walls/security, which DHS says is desperately needed.
24. Give $Trillions to Mexico and Central America for a Marshal Plan, but not help US citizens living in tent cities
25. Impose gun control, outlaw private gun sales, outlaw AR style rifles, restrict sales of bullets, etc.
26. "Green New Deal" Impose a "carbon tax" to punish anyone who works, heats their home, flies, or has a car
27. Anti-business democrat socialists caused Amazon to flee NYC taking 25,000 good paying jobs to VA
28. REPARATIONS to blacks to pay for slavery, $trillions owed by US voters
29. Promote or excuse the murder of newborns, i.e. "infanticide"
30. Change the Electoral College to popular vote
31. All prisoners get to vote, even the Boston Marathon Bomber, so says Bernie
32. LGBTQ rights, trannys in military
33. Hunt down white supremacists, increase domestic surveillance
34. Add Senators and congressmen for DC and Puerto Rico

Impeachment is more than a bunch of butthurt Dims conducting endless hearings. It is an actual indictment citing specific High Crimes and Misdameaners that received a 2/3 majority of House members. A Prosecuting team is then empaneled to conduct a trial in the Senate presided over by the Chief Justice.

The Dims can do nothing but make absolute fools of themselves and appear clownish in the eyes of American voters. It will incure a massive backlash that will guarantee massive GOP gains in both the House and the Senate.

It will be the end of the Democrat party.

I'd love to see it.

Impeachment is more than a bunch of butthurt Dims conducting endless hearings. It is an actual indictment citing specific High Crimes and Misdameaners that received a 2/3 majority of House members. A Prosecuting team is then empaneled to conduct a trial in the Senate presided over by the Chief Justice.

The Dims can do nothing but make absolute fools of themselves and appear clownish in the eyes of American voters. It will incure a massive backlash that will guarantee massive GOP gains in both the House and the Senate.

I'd love to see it.

It is a simple majority to impeach, not 2/3rds

Impeach with no evidence will not go well for the Dems.
Doesnythqt dpend on what the articles of impeachment say?

Shouldn't there be hearings to gather and release evidence?

Do you think obstruction of justice is an impeachable offense?

How many citizens and senators have actually read the Mueller Report? How many Trump supporters have? Has Trump?

Do you believe you know everything Mueller wrote in his report, or do you hang your knowledge on Barr's summary? Is Narr acting as the Attorney General of the United States, or as Trump's lawyer in this matter?

When Trump announced his candidacy, did you see him as a wholly trustworthy man?

I'd love to see it.

It is a simple majority to impeach, not 2/3rds

Procedure
At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure.

• First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.
  • Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".
  • Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds vote. The result of conviction is removal from office.

After suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

I twill be interesting to find who is more in favor of impeachment

I am ...

I favor the Dims impeaching him, but not so that they will actually go through with it.

No, I just want them to do what they said they would do in order to get elected, but because they know that they are full of poo, they refuse to impeach a man they have repeatedly said all evidence proves he was guilty that he has sold out to the Russians.

Imagine, they are essentially saying that they would rather have Putin in the White House than impeach Trump, which I think is treasonous, is it not?

When will these twats back up what they say rather then just sling poo around?
Hey dipshit we just got to start our investigations a couple months ago. I believe the House will perform its oversight duties that had been completey abandoned by republicans. I believe they will vote to impeach Trump; but Trump will be saved by a Senate that is hungry to profit further from Trump’s crimes. Until November 2020. Trump will serve time in prison when he leaves office.

I bet you are not willing to back up your bull shit with a wager.....

You TARDS are always writing checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash...

What about it TARD?

You willing to back up your bull shit with a wager?

Still too early to impeach

Dems don’t want to impeach over something insignificant like a blow job

Yeah except it wasn't the blowjob.
But you know that.
It would be the same with Trump. Impeachment over lying and obstruction w/o a crime.

After suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

I twill be interesting to find who is more in favor of impeachment

I am ...

you know...there is more in the world than just Liberals and Conservatives.

I am neither and I am against impeachment.

Option 5:

I am a Centrist, and I want him impeached.

( but only if the charges are so rock-solid that the Senate will convict him )

Forum List

Back