Pope to address U.S. Congress

Still though, in a general sense it has the feeling like dad is coming home from a business trip after the teenagers have spent a week partying without supervision to confront the mess they made of the house..and all the neighbors complaining. Like Dad has ordered a conference around the family dining table to call out the BS and tan some hides..

Your hope for something positive from this Pope is likely to be disappointed, imo.

IMo, he is a leftist, and is looking to make the Church relevant within a leftist framework.

Still though, in a general sense it has the feeling like dad is coming home from a business trip after the teenagers have spent a week partying without supervision to confront the mess they made of the house..and all the neighbors complaining. Like Dad has ordered a conference around the family dining table to call out the BS and tan some hides..

Your hope for something positive from this Pope is likely to be disappointed, imo.

IMo, he is a leftist, and is looking to make the Church relevant within a leftist framework.
Meaning specifically which areas of the left agenda?

Meaning specifically which areas of the left agenda?

Anti-capitalism and open borders.

I dont particularly care for this Pope...believing in junk science, against peoples economic freedom...St. Malachi has him as the last Pope before the fall of the Church, someone else had suggested that he is the religious Lt. (1 religious & 1 political) paving the way for the Anti-Christ...I dont know but he certainly has divided Catholics just like Obama has divided Americans.

No, Malachai does not do that, dipshit.
my error... Malachy an Irish saint and Archbishop of Armagh (spelling screw up, no need for profanity - asshole) - vision of 112 Popes later attributed to the apocalyptic list of Prophecy of the Popes.

It's funny how we can miss the obvious right in front of our faces. That video says it all. Gee, why is the Pope coming to Congress for the first time ever? Well, maybe because depravity has become so mundane that it's part of a person's signature.

Something else that is funny is that the usual set of massively-posting anti-Christian (pro-LGBT by definition) posters are completely absent from this languishing thread. The Pope comes for the first time in US history to address Congress and it gets all the attention as if a peanut vendor announced he was visiting Congress.

I find that rather curious. The religious maestro of billions of people worldwide announces he will be addressing our country in the Capitol Building and we hear nothing but ...

.... *crickets*........

Let's see...where were we before troll-boy decided to ad hominem/derail the thread topic...

oh...right...here...

..."Something else that is funny is that the usual set of massively-posting anti-Christian (pro-LGBT by definition) posters are completely absent from this languishing thread. The Pope comes for the first time in US history to address Congress and it gets all the attention as if a peanut vendor announced he was visiting Congress.

I find that rather curious. The religious maestro of billions of people worldwide announces he will be addressing our country in the Capitol Building and we hear nothing but ...

.... *crickets*........"

How about an announcement that The Vatican is gonna sell off its filthy lucre to give to the ever-so-deserving poor? And then a congressional vote to put a 10% national sales tax on the proceeds or that sell off so the national debt could be paid off overnight.

Its a good thing the Pope is addressing Congress. Likely will be the first time any of those people have ever seen a holy man in person.

But yes there will be many in the audience, on one side who have a great affinity for raping the Earth and stepping on the poor, that won't like what they hear. But of course they will shrug it off because their ideology is sacrosanct above any 'god' or any 'religion' or any 'truth'.

Conservatives are about to be taken to the wood shed. Watch for Boehner to start crying even before the first whack!

Its a good thing the Pope is addressing Congress. Likely will be the first time any of those people have ever seen a holy man in person.

But yes there will be many in the audience, on one side who have a great affinity for raping the Earth and stepping on the poor, that won't like what they hear. But of course they will shrug it off because their ideology is sacrosanct above any 'god' or any 'religion' or ...

Al Gore will be there?

But yes there will be many in the audience, on one side who have a great affinity for raping the Earth and stepping on the poor, that won't like what they hear. But of course they will shrug it off because their ideology is sacrosanct above any 'god' or any 'religion' or any 'truth'.

Conservatives are about to be taken to the wood shed. Watch for Boehner to start crying even before the first whack!

And I suppose the hard left will get nothing but coddling? Francis will be wearing rainbow vestments I suppose too...like the Whitehouse? :lmao:

I bet both sides of the hard spectrum ends are going to be taken to the wood shed.

And I suppose the hard left will get nothing but coddling? Francis will be wearing rainbow vestments I suppose too...like the Whitehouse? :lmao:

I bet both sides of the hard spectrum ends are going to be taken to the wood shed.

Good, a good dose of Jebus is always fun.

Is it fun for the 2016 election and hispanic votes? Southern Christian black and white votes? Will it be cheers and jeers when hard-won purple states get painted red again by a proclamation from the Vatican on its official position that Christians will go to hell for abetting the spread of homosexuality as a culture? (Not compassion for individual homosexuals, but rather the cultural movement surgically attached at the hip to the democratic party)? :popcorn:

Is it fun for the 2016 election and hispanic votes? Southern Christian black and white votes? Will it be cheers and jeers when hard-won purple states get painted red again by a proclamation from the Vatican on its official position that Christians will go to hell for abetting the spread of homosexuality as a culture? (Not compassion for individual homosexuals, but rather the cultural movement surgically attached at the hip to the democratic party)? :popcorn:

I'm not worried about it. But don't let that stop you.

Forum List

Back