Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".

They have no incentive go get off the welfare rolls. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them. Freeloaders one and all.

People have no incentive to work? You mean like these people?

Genesis-Jobs-035.jpg

Genesis-Jobs-012.jpg

That's two shots of the same line. Of people lined up to apply for jobs.

Twenty jobs.

Hundreds Line Up To Apply For Just 20 Jobs : NorthEscambia.com

I bet you 75% of them had jobs but they wanted a $16~ $20 dollar Job with good benefits and not a part-time or temporary Job due to Obama care.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".

They have no incentive go get off the welfare rolls. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them. Freeloaders one and all.

Genesis-Jobs-035.jpg

Genesis-Jobs-012.jpg

Twenty jobs.

Great example of Obamanomics. Thousands line up for 20 jobs.

Genesis-Jobs-035.jpg

Genesis-Jobs-012.jpg

Twenty jobs.

Trut you
I bet you 75% of them had jobs but they wanted a $16~ $20 dollar Job with good benefits and not a part-time or temporary Job due to Obama care.

Bear is just willfully unsympathetic :lmao:

Genesis-Jobs-035.jpg

Genesis-Jobs-012.jpg

Twenty jobs.

Great example of you having no clue about economics.

crappy food is NOT cheaper--------its easier. And if you are lazy easier is more important than cheaper.

Thanks for proving my point. I doubt you even comprehend what I was saying. I doubt you'll even comprehend what I'm about to say, but fuck it let's give it a whirl....

Let's start with bread. Everyone eats bread. I eat whole grain wheat bread. The brand I buy usually comes to about $4 for a 10 slice loaf. Has 46g of whole grains per slice. Healthy stuff. Meanwhile, the poor people are buying store brand white bread with twice as many slices and about 20% larger loaves by weight, for about $.89 a piece. Next to no nutritional value, though.

Let's do some ground beef. I like the 93% lean stuff myself. And I pay a pretty penny for it. Averages about $6 a pound in my area. But it's healthier. Meanwhile the poor buy the $3 lb stuff with 3x the fat content. Moving down the shelf for some chicken, I usually buy Perdue boneless breasts. I hate dealing with bones (because I'm lazy). Perdue always has the best quality. And it's well trimmed. But I pay anywhere from $6 - $8 a lb for my heaping helping of lean protein. The poor folks go for the store brand drumsticks, thighs, and wings at about a third of the price. I don't know if you've ever looked at that stuff, but I swear store brand chicken is about 50% globs of fat.

Gotta have veggies, so I swing on over to the fresh produce section. I'm a big fan of broccoli. And because I'm lazy I like crowns. But I also want some flavor, and I especially like steaming my broccoli with fresh lime juice. So $3 a crown, which ends up being about 3 meals worth, then $1 per lime, which usually is good for one crown's worth of broccoli, that puts me at about $1.33 per dinner. Meanwhile, poor people reach for the unappetizing frozen broccoli at $1.29 a bag, which will yield them five dinners worth. Then, to flavor it they reach for a $3 bag of shredded cheese. It comes out to about $0.86 per serving, and they've just packed on even more calories.

Gotta start every morning off with some breakfast. Just can't perform on an empty stomach, right? I like a breakfast of granola cereal and Greek yogurt. Instead of pouring milk over my granola cereal I mix it with tye yogurt. Once again, I pay for the delight of a healthy meal. Granola is all kinds of expensive and for $6 I get about three morning meals out of it. I get the big containers of yogurt for about $7 a pop, which gets me about six morning meals. Comes out to about $3.17 a meal. Poor folks grab a family size box of corn flakes for $3.50 and a gallon of milk for $4, and they've got ten days of breakfast. Toss on a bit of sugar for flavor and they're at $0.88, assuming that a $4 bag of sugar only lasts them 30 days.

And let's be honest, we all need a snack here and there. I'm partial to grapes. At $4 a lb, I can snack away $1 per day worth of grapes and satisfy my sweet tooth and munchy cravings. The poor guy grabs a $4 box of cookies and snacks on them for 8 days.

Eh, I'm not going to continue on. I'm pretty sure you get the picture. I'm also pretty sure you'll :lalala: anyway. But that's your problem.

From what conservatives tell me they drive Escalades and wash down caviar with Colt 45

And here foolishly pissed away 40 some odd years of my life working when I could have been living in luxury on the government dole.
Ever see The Beverly Hilbillys?
How true
We need to make poor people suffer so they don't enjoy their poverty
Otherwise everyone will want to be poor

Dear Idiot:
It isn't all or nothing, there is a middle ground. The GOP is much closer to something reasonable than you left wing nutters. I don't expect someone of your limited mental ability to understand that but it's true regardless.

Afraid not moron...

Republicans have done nothing to help the poor in four decades. The poor serve as a convenient scapegoat for conservatives. Don't like your lot in life? Blame the poor who are living high off the hog
Meanwhile they heap tax cuts and incentives to the wealthy

No one blames the poor for their lot in life liar. Now you are just making stupid shit up. You lose, good bye.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it.

How do you make poverty not an option? :badgrin:

I said a "viable option" you simple minded idiot. Big difference.

How do you make poverty unpossible?

Moron:
You don't have the mental ability to understand anything. Hell, you can barely read. I didn't say it was impossible, nor did I use the made up word "unpossible". You aren't smart enough to understand anything. I can only try to educate you but I can't make you learn anything. Good luck with your handicap.

vi·a·ble
ˈvīəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. capable of working successfully; feasible.
    "the proposed investment was economically viable"
    synonyms: feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable,realizable;
    informaldoable
Now, do you want to explain how your plan works or just call more names because you're mad you dont have anything left but platitudes?

You guys have a hard time with the word "How?" and react in furious anger

Like I said, you cannot read, and I have neither the time or the patience to guide you by the hand. Dismissed.

Genesis-Jobs-035.jpg

Genesis-Jobs-012.jpg

Twenty jobs.

Great example of you having no clue about economics.
Let me guess. You consider thousands of people lining up for 20 jobs an Obama economic success story.

Powerful photos of your tax dollars being wasted.

Powerful photos of a Monday afternoon at home chillin instead of working.

Powerful photos that mean NOTHING except what absurd caption you give them that some sucker is willing to believe

How do you make poverty not an option? :badgrin:

I said a "viable option" you simple minded idiot. Big difference.

How do you make poverty unpossible?

Moron:
You don't have the mental ability to understand anything. Hell, you can barely read. I didn't say it was impossible, nor did I use the made up word "unpossible". You aren't smart enough to understand anything. I can only try to educate you but I can't make you learn anything. Good luck with your handicap.

vi·a·ble
ˈvīəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. capable of working successfully; feasible.
    "the proposed investment was economically viable"
    synonyms: feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable,realizable;
    informaldoable
Now, do you want to explain how your plan works or just call more names because you're mad you dont have anything left but platitudes?

You guys have a hard time with the word "How?" and react in furious anger

Like I said, you cannot read, and I have neither the time or the patience to guide you by the hand. Dismissed.

Like I said, everytime the one word question is asked...How? You react in furious anger. Not at the fact you can't explain yourself....no. You're mad because I see through your slogans and accusations.

People who have nothing to live for, don't care if they live in a mess, don't care if they're fat, don't care about much in life.
It's what happens when God is not part of their lives.

No, it's not.

I don't have God in my life. And I'm not lacking in hope.

Yes, religion can be a good way to give people hope. However there are better ways, as even religious people can be lacking in hope.

Having people around you who you care about, a job and skills which give you a reason to feel worthy are so much better.
Go ask your mom what a generalization is.

Well, I disagree with your generalization.

People who have nothing to live for, don't care if they live in a mess, don't care if they're fat, don't care about much in life.

No, it's not.

Yes, religion can be a good way to give people hope. However there are better ways, as even religious people can be lacking in hope.

Having people around you who you care about, a job and skills which give you a reason to feel worthy are so much better.

You can start by pointing out any Christian who says they have nothing to live for.
There ain't any.

But plenty of athiest leftists.

No, it's not.

You can start by pointing out any Christian who says they have nothing to live for.
There ain't any.

But plenty of athiest leftists.

No, I disagree again.

Christianity made suicide immoral and a sin. Why would they need to do this if no Christian was going to commit suicide?

Sometimes people who are in a community, will find they don't need to commit suicide, and religion can give people this community. However that doesn't mean suicide doesn't happen.

Forum List

Back