President Trump nixes federal workers pay raises,leftists lose their minds

Always good to hear I’ve “lost my mind” especially on something I have not heard about… Hope it doesn’t include the military; we can’t pay those folks enough.

Interesting to see Trump claim the economic situation in the country sucks.

Seems different than the message he has been spreading the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Always good to hear I’ve “lost my mind” especially on something I have not heard about… Hope it doesn’t include the military; we can’t pay those folks enough.

No, in the OP, it's clearly stated that it doesn't include the military.

What the OP didn't say is how much it will save taxpayers. I heard on the Michael Medved show it would save us 38 billion dollars. That's a lot of hotdogs.

The Dems cry about the raises, but ignore the fact this is something many Americans face every year in the private sector. If a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises. WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? It's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

Yes...freeze pay raises of the little guys in the name of fiscal responsibility, while giving huge tax cuts to the wealthy and drastically cut revenue which caused this huge rise in national debt.

Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but hardly surprising. Government workers are an easy punching bag.

No, in the OP, it's clearly stated that it doesn't include the military.

What the OP didn't say is how much it will save taxpayers. I heard on the Michael Medved show it would save us 38 billion dollars. That's a lot of hotdogs.

The Dems cry about the raises, but ignore the fact this is something many Americans face every year in the private sector. If a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises. WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? It's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

We gave the farmers--who were already getting subsidies-- $12B. If a company is in the hole, do they give out $12B in charity? WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? Ist's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

Trump nixes federal pay raise

They are overpaid as it is! I hope he veto's an entire bill if the scum in congress put this in the spending bill.

Well after all, SOMEBODY has to cover for the pay raise he brokered for the 1% thru taxation breaks. Trump doesn't (yet) control a GM so he can't determine their pay scale, but he does oversee the income of those who scurry around trying to make HIM look good, so at least he is following his own lead.

Yes...freeze pay raises of the little guys in the name of fiscal responsibility, while giving huge tax cuts to the wealthy and drastically cut revenue which caused this huge rise in national debt.

Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but hardly surprising. Government workers are an easy punching bag.
3 year Freeze happened under Obama.

The argument is over 0.5% COLA........

And the main argument is over the locality increase......which seems to be about 0.5% average....

Hard to tell...........as the locality rate increases are different country wide..........need a computer to do the math on that.

There is NO FREEZE now.

Why can't you left wingers be honest about the corporate tax cut? Millions of working class Americans have Trillions of dollars of retirement savings invested in corporations, hence the corporate tax cut you claim only benefits the wealthy is a LIE. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

And getting government off the back of our businesses helps create new good paying jobs for even more Americans, generating more tax revenues. Its a win/win formula for growth.

Meanwhile YOU bunch of dumb asses think the status quo sky high corporate taxes was a good idea.

They are overpaid as it is!...
Really? Have you ever compared salaries or wages against civilian pay-levels, on any appreciable scale? Doubt it.

It is true, that they have better retirement and time-off benefits than most, but they have no disability, and the pay sucks.

...I hope he veto's an entire bill if the scum in congress put this in the spending bill.
The Idiot-in-Chief is already reconsidering; having heard that it's a Major Gift to Democrats, if he goes through with it.

Nothing like pissing off 2.8 million voting Americans, and their voting spouses, and that portion of families and friends that vote.

Not the brightest crayon in the box, your boy.

...f a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises...
Makes sense.

Trouble is, when you give the Rich One Percent a $1.5 trillion tax cut...

Then you turn around and plead poverty against the middle-class Federal workforce...

The sheer hypocrisy and irony make it one damned tough sell....

That argument would have been vastly better served if The Creature had not given that tax cut to the One Percent beforehand, yes?

.>

1-35-800x382.jpg

Trump gives himself a raise by cutting his own taxes...

..................... But FBI and border control agents - non for you.

Color me surprised.

.>>>>

...f a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises...
Makes sense.

Trouble is, when you give the Rich One Percent a $1.5 trillion tax cut...

Then you turn around and plead poverty against the middle-class Federal workforce...

The sheer hypocrisy and irony make it one damned tough sell....

That argument would have been vastly better served if The Creature had not given that tax cut to the One Percent beforehand, yes?

The tax cuts went to everybody, including me, a simple truck driver. It's also responsible for the economic activity we've experienced since then.

By Trump stopping raises, he's doing nothing more than CEO's in the private sector do. He's not giving more money away. Tax cuts are when the government takes less--not giving them a thing.

Taking less and spending are two different subjects. For whatever reason, some think they are one of the same because of the belief all money belongs to government, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us.

They are overpaid as it is! I hope he veto's an entire bill if the scum in congress put this in the spending bill.
A. The only people here who have lost their minds are the slobbering tRumpkins like you.

B. The problem isn't really the fact that he stopped their raises (all though that's bad anyway) but the fact that after giving a trillion dollars tax cuts to his wealthy butt-buddies he says the economy can't sustain it. This is what is known as hypocrisy.

Why is it the only time leftists care about the little guy is when it involves a Republican? When the Democrats screw the little guy, that's just fine.

A. The only people here who have lost their minds are the slobbering tRumpkins like you.

B. The problem isn't really the fact that he stopped their raises (all though that's bad anyway) but the fact that after giving a trillion dollars tax cuts to his wealthy butt-buddies he says the economy can't sustain it. This is what is known as hypocrisy.
Salaries in the federal government are too large. And most receive kick backs from their " butt buddies". I have no sympathy for them making less money.

Salaries in the federal government are too large. And most receive kick backs from their " butt buddies". I have no sympathy for them making less money.
Are you asserting most federal worker get bribes?

Are you really that stupid?

Forum List

Back