🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

President Trump ordered flags at half-mast!

Wow, another weekday, another opportunity for a lib to piss and moan about something.
Maybe if Trump shut his mouth none of this would happen?
He has described groups of immigrants as “infestations,” declared in his campaign kickoff that many of those coming from Mexico were “rapists,“deemed a caravan of Hispanic migrants as invaders and wondered why the United States accepted so many immigrants from “s---hole countries” like Haiti, El Salvador and African nations.
Trump calls migrant caravans "invasion" at campaign rally
BTW, did you catch at the end when he asked, "how do you stop these people from crossing the border?" and one in the audience shouts "shoot 'em" and he stops and laughs as he points to the guy for recognition and says "only in the panhandle can you get away with saying that" and the hate filled crowd cheers. That was the Tramp hate rally shortly before the El Paso shooting.

what did I miss----were the victims of the tragedies ----
IMMIGRANTS?
It brings out the hate in his followers and some like these morons go over the line and yes some were Mexicans
You haven't seen the backgrounds of these two shooters, have you?

:laughing0301:

I'm sure he also called for prayers for the dead, wounded and their loved ones in Ohio, Texas, Florida, Connecticut, et all other states and communities devastated by gun violence.

If he had anything in mind but his own political situation, he would have ordered our flag at half-mast upside down, until the Congress passed laws which require more effective nation wide background checks.

Flying our flag in such away would put the issue of gun control on the Front Page for more than a day, and every government building would remind the public of how guns destroy lives, of victims and their loved ones.

But of course he won't, nor will the members of Congress who accept "donations" from the NRA and the Gun Lobby.

Tell us, how would you stop this?

Stop the NRA and the gun lobby?

Easy, pass legislation to require every member of Congress who accepts a campaign donation, a job for his wife or husband or child, a ticket to the world series, a prostitute for a week end, or any quit quo pro to recuse themselves from any bill which they have accepted more than a cup of water from.

Can we really have this? Really?

Oddly...

I felt the same about the OP

You did? Do you know what flying our flag up side down means? If you do, and don't believe mass murders of innocent people at a food fair, shopping at Wal-Mart and dancing on a Saturday night is not a serious problem, there is something very wrong with you.

Nothing wrong with me, bud.

Might ask yourself why you have such a major problem with .001 of the population.

Big scary guns...

oooooooo

Millions of those scary military style weapons in the hands of civilians.

Less than 50 involved in mass shootings.

Do I LIKE the shootings?

no.

is there a sane way to stop them, without putting unreasonable limitations on the rest of gun owners?

not that I can see.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

self examination?

He/she seems to have a serious projection issue.

Wow, proof you are a hypocrite and arrogant, I at least have a graduate degree in Human Relations, a degree in Education which included course work in Ab Psyc,, Social Psyc, Anthropology, Sociology and Testing for Counselors; and, in my career in LE I used a structured interview of many dozens of Felons recently released from prison.

I'm sure he also called for prayers for the dead, wounded and their loved ones in Ohio, Texas, Florida, Connecticut, et all other states and communities devastated by gun violence.

If he had anything in mind but his own political situation, he would have ordered our flag at half-mast upside down, until the Congress passed laws which require more effective nation wide background checks.

Flying our flag in such away would put the issue of gun control on the Front Page for more than a day, and every government building would remind the public of how guns destroy lives, of victims and their loved ones.

But of course he won't, nor will the members of Congress who accept "donations" from the NRA and the Gun Lobby.

Tell us, how would you stop this?

Stop the NRA and the gun lobby?

Easy, pass legislation to require every member of Congress who accepts a campaign donation, a job for his wife or husband or child, a ticket to the world series, a prostitute for a week end, or any quit quo pro to recuse themselves from any bill which they have accepted more than a cup of water from.

Can we really have this? Really?

Stupid Question ^^^ Seems we have a supporter of Moscow Mitch and Putin's good buddy, Trump.

You did? Do you know what flying our flag up side down means? If you do, and don't believe mass murders of innocent people at a food fair, shopping at Wal-Mart and dancing on a Saturday night is not a serious problem, there is something very wrong with you.

Might ask yourself why you have such a major problem with .001 of the population.

Big scary guns...

oooooooo

Do I LIKE the shootings?

no.

is there a sane way to stop them, without putting unreasonable limitations on the rest of gun owners?

not that I can see.

self examination?

Wow, proof you are a hypocrite and arrogant, I at least have a graduate degree in Human Relations, a degree in Education which included course work in Ab Psyc,, Social Psyc, Anthropology, Sociology and Testing for Counselors; and, in my career in LE I used a structured interview of many dozens of Felons recently released from prison.

Wow, those are some tough courses listed there....chuckle chuckle...

Ah the soft "sciences", the diet coke of academia.

Sorry, Wry, but our Constitution gave its citizens the right to bear arms. And the law very clearly allows redress against people who misuse guns. You cannot take away freedoms of 390 million people for the actions of one. It's just not fitting, and it is unconstitutional as well. Guns do by far more good than bad. Guns put game meat on people's table who find that a bullet is cheaper than boughten meat in a store. I know ranchers who can't afford the $8 a pound price on a steak, but they can go out and get rid of a deer to feed themselves and their family for half a year. All they need is a gun they already have, ammunition, and knowledge on how to skin, bleed, cut up, and safely freeze the creature. They can also make a jacket or pair of shoes from the leather.

Don't take away poor but honest people's method of acquiring meat they can afford by doing the work themselves, giving their family necessary vitamins and minerals for a diet with good health produced. They also can grow berries of every kind, vegetables, curing herbs, grow nut and fruit trees, and only have to buy salt and pepper from the store. Not everyone lives in a cramped apartment in New York City.

Politicians should lay off the threat to take away American's Bill of Rights from people who live off the land. They bring America good things from their gardens and fields. We'd be puny without their hard work.

Last edited:
Wow, another weekday, another opportunity for a lib to piss and moan about something.
Maybe if Trump shut his mouth none of this would happen?
He has described groups of immigrants as “infestations,” declared in his campaign kickoff that many of those coming from Mexico were “rapists,“deemed a caravan of Hispanic migrants as invaders and wondered why the United States accepted so many immigrants from “s---hole countries” like Haiti, El Salvador and African nations.
Trump calls migrant caravans "invasion" at campaign rally
BTW, did you catch at the end when he asked, "how do you stop these people from crossing the border?" and one in the audience shouts "shoot 'em" and he stops and laughs as he points to the guy for recognition and says "only in the panhandle can you get away with saying that" and the hate filled crowd cheers. That was the Tramp hate rally shortly before the El Paso shooting.

what did I miss----were the victims of the tragedies ----
IMMIGRANTS?
It brings out the hate in his followers and some like these morons go over the line and yes some were Mexicans
You haven't seen the backgrounds of these two shooters, have you?

Are they white ? That's who's been doing most of our mass killing

How would improved background checks have stopped either shooting unless the persons who did them were adjudicated as mentally unfit?

Using a similar, but not one as in depth as used by police agencies background checks, which sometimes are amiss. Which would require every public agency to report to a single source data base, and possibly a local LE agency to interview the prospective buyer.

Even that would not be a panacea, as Camus once wrote about suicides - which is not uncommon in mass shooters - the person who takes his or her own life may do so for reasons so innocuous as a rebuke from another.

How would improved background checks have stopped either shooting unless the persons who did them were adjudicated as mentally unfit?

Using a similar, but not one as in depth as used by police agencies background checks, which sometimes are amiss. Which would require every public agency to report to a single source data base, and possibly a local LE agency to interview the prospective buyer.

Even that would not be a panacea, as Camus once wrote about suicides - which is not uncommon in mass shooters - the person who takes his or her own life may do so for reasons so innocuous as a rebuke from another.

Yes, because allowing some bureaucratic asshole to decide if a person can exercise their right or not is going to work perfectly....

How about we force people to be interviewed by the government before they can vote?

You are the worst form of gun grabber, because as a former desk jockey LEO, you know YOU will be able to keep your guns, while the rest of us are forced to give them up.

Big scary guns...

oooooooo

Do I LIKE the shootings?

no.

not that I can see.

self examination?

Anti intellectualism isn't smart, it's the redoubt of the foolish.

self examination?

My degree is in Chemical Engineering, a Masters in it actually.

And intellectualism is something to be against, because it assumes higher authority just because of a paper a person gets, it has nothing to do with actual intellect, education, or application.

Application is the key, as an Engineer, I know that.

self examination?

My degree is in Chemical Engineering, a Masters in it actually.

And intellectualism is something to be against, because it assumes higher authority just because of a paper a person gets, it has nothing to do with actual intellect, education, or application.

Application is the key, as an Engineer, I know that.
A car with a 700hp engine and no transmission will be torched from the line by a kid on his bicycle.

Application is the key.

First, you folks would be whining and bitching for Trump not having the flags at halfmast. No matter what he does, you folks are never happy.

Secondly, we don't need Gun Control. So you can stop with that argument. People are going to kill people no matter what. It's the nature of the beast.

ScreenShot405.jpg

Dear Wry Catcher aside from all the gun politics being brought up again and again,
I'd like to call for national support to implement SERIOUS medical research on advance screening and mental health diagnosis and treatment that can catch these cases where medicine alone has failed. Our whole mental health and criminal justice system is a mess from ignoring and excluding solutions that come from spiritual approaches that work.

Since spiritual diagnosis of healing of sickness BEFORE crimes are committed is OUTSIDE govt jurisdiction, that's why debating over gun policies isn't going to help this area of problems and solutions.

One way we CAN reach out and promote solutions to mental health and prevention of crime and violence is by implementing health care cooperatives in every district that would include advance screening, similar to how police and veterans have to go through psychological evaluations. Our current system of required military draft only applies to 18 year old males to sign up for service. But what if all districts offered an alternative for ALL citizens 18 or older to sign up either for military or MEDICAL service, so everyone got their benefits through either program. Then through these programs, there could be district wide screening as a requirement to get the health care benefits.
The military service option would still be through govt. For the health care and medical service option, this can be done through cooperative systems that preserve equal choice and access to either public/govt or private, business or nonprofit, church or other institution, depending on what people elect or qualify for.

We can expand on required signups for military to apply to citizenship in general for all people of age 18 and up. Everyone would go through a similar process as immigrants who receive citizenship training and/or military who receive mental health screening to make sure everyone (a) knows and agrees to follow laws and comply with police and govt procedures and authority AS A REQUIREMENT OF CITIZENSHIP in order to qualify for benefits; (b) is capable and knowledgeable of covering the costs of infractions, prosecution and incarceration and signs agreements to pay these costs if they commit premediated crimes so ignorance of the law is no excuse -- ALL CITIZENS must sign agreements to follow and uphold laws, cooperative with authorities in case of infractiuon, and pay any costs of premediated crimes or violations; (c) or if they have a disorder or disability preventing them from complying, they can get help to address issues of mental or legal incompetence, addiction or abuse that otherwise pose a threat to health or safety.

I would propose that all districts start looking at setting up their own policies to ensure all citizens agree to uniform policies and programs that include screening for criminal disorders, abuses and addictions in advance, in order to get help before crime or violence occurs. This can't be legislated through Federal Govt but can be decided locally by each district or community that wants to end crime, abuse and violence.

Yes, because allowing some bureaucratic asshole to decide if a person can exercise their right or not is going to work perfectly....

How about we force people to be interviewed by the government before they can vote?

You are the worst form of gun grabber, because as a former desk jockey LEO, you know YOU will be able to keep your guns, while the rest of us are forced to give them up.

Your emotions are missed placed. Your comments are not true, and your remarks on soft science were just this morning used by trump to incarcerated the mentally ill when a soft scientist diagnosis a person is potentially violent.

Your emotions are missed placed. Your comments are not true, and your remarks on soft science were just this morning used by trump to incarcerated the mentally ill when a soft scientist diagnosis a person is potentially violent.

You didn't actually respond to anything I said.

And you talk about intellect?

Dear Wry Catcher aside from all the gun politics being brought up again and again,
I'd like to call for national support to implement SERIOUS medical research on advance screening and mental health diagnosis and treatment that can catch these cases where medicine alone has failed. Our whole mental health and criminal justice system is a mess from ignoring and excluding solutions that come from spiritual approaches that work.

Since spiritual diagnosis of healing of sickness BEFORE crimes are committed is OUTSIDE govt jurisdiction, that's why debating over gun policies isn't going to help this area of problems and solutions.

One way we CAN reach out and promote solutions to mental health and prevention of crime and violence is by implementing health care cooperatives in every district that would include advance screening, similar to how police and veterans have to go through psychological evaluations. Our current system of required military draft only applies to 18 year old males to sign up for service. But what if all districts offered an alternative for ALL citizens 18 or older to sign up either for military or MEDICAL service, so everyone got their benefits through either program. Then through these programs, there could be district wide screening as a requirement to get the health care benefits.
The military service option would still be through govt. For the health care and medical service option, this can be done through cooperative systems that preserve equal choice and access to either public/govt or private, business or nonprofit, church or other institution, depending on what people elect or qualify for.

We can expand on required signups for military to apply to citizenship in general for all people of age 18 and up. Everyone would go through a similar process as immigrants who receive citizenship training and/or military who receive mental health screening to make sure everyone (a) knows and agrees to follow laws and comply with police and govt procedures and authority AS A REQUIREMENT OF CITIZENSHIP in order to qualify for benefits; (b) is capable and knowledgeable of covering the costs of infractions, prosecution and incarceration and signs agreements to pay these costs if they commit premediated crimes so ignorance of the law is no excuse -- ALL CITIZENS must sign agreements to follow and uphold laws, cooperative with authorities in case of infractiuon, and pay any costs of premediated crimes or violations; (c) or if they have a disorder or disability preventing them from complying, they can get help to address issues of mental or legal incompetence, addiction or abuse that otherwise pose a threat to health or safety.

I would propose that all districts start looking at setting up their own policies to ensure all citizens agree to uniform policies and programs that include screening for criminal disorders, abuses and addictions in advance, in order to get help before crime or violence occurs. This can't be legislated through Federal Govt but can be decided locally by each district or community that wants to end crime, abuse and violence.

My initial response is to ask you if you ever saw the movie, Minority Report? That's fiction, but too close to what Trump suggested in his comments this morning.

^^^^^^detached from reality.

Likely in the early stages of dementia

Forum List

Back