President Trump savages Mexico at immigration roundtable

A good place to start might be to listen to what he is saying and deciding point by point if he is right.
You want to link me to more of his words, I'll read them. I don't take any opinion too seriously, though, when it is couched in terms like "animals." That's kind of a dead give away that the speaker is not being fair minded. I honestly worry about Trump sometimes, lately. He's getting a little unhinged if you ask me.
In other words, you are so distracted by his style you are unable to consider what he is saying. Perhaps you should try harder.
That's not "style." That whole rant today was counterproductive, as well as embarrassing. I don't like illegal immigration either and it should be stopped. We don't have to be feral about it. Trump is foaming at the mouth over Mexico because they aren't as easy to run over as he thought they would be.
Style aside, what the President said was in the vein as what the opponents of illegal immigration say. They consistently portray the illegals as peaceful industrious people who just want to work have and have what natural born Americans have, but never mention the gangs and drug trade or the very high crime rates in neighborhoods in which they live. The truth lies somewhere in between. Calling drug dealers and gang members animals is hardly feral, but calling the President on the US feral for saying they are animals perhaps is.
I said "We don't need to be feral about it," as in the many posts I read here that are hateful and vicious about not only illegals but all "beaners." The President's rhetoric and his ideas for handling illegals has gotten more and more punitive and negative as time has gone on. It is ridiculous to separate young children from parents while they are in detention. There are family detention centers and if more are needed, they can be built just as easily as regular detention centers. That is simply punitive with no consideration at all for what that will be like for the kids. They aren't to blame for their parents' poor decisions; why are they being punished? Because Trump is being unnecessarily nasty about what to do with these people.
I agree with you that drug dealers and gang members are not a group we want here, but for the US President to call Mexicans animals, without even specifying that he is talking about gangs, is wholly out of line.

but for the US President to call Mexicans animals,

well then good thing he never said mexicans are animals eh? did you even read the exchange? just wondering, cause you have a bad habit of not reading the facts ahead of posting nonsense.

"Mexico does nothing for us, they do nothing for us. Mexico talks, but they do nothing for us, especially at the border." Then, with NAFTA talks at critical juncture, throws in: "Certainly don’t help us much on trade."

also "We're taking people out of the country — you wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals." He says the U.S. has "the dumbest laws on immigration in the world."
Holy Jesus. What are we gonna do with this guy?

What has Mexico done for US?
Why should they/do they have to do anything for us? They deserve to be called animals if they don't kiss our ass?

"Mexico does nothing for us, they do nothing for us. Mexico talks, but they do nothing for us, especially at the border." Then, with NAFTA talks at critical juncture, throws in: "Certainly don’t help us much on trade."

also "We're taking people out of the country — you wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals." He says the U.S. has "the dumbest laws on immigration in the world."

Why should they/do they have to do anything for us? They deserve to be called animals if they don't kiss our ass?
who called mexicans animals? you're lost.

A good place to start might be to listen to what he is saying and deciding point by point if he is right.
You want to link me to more of his words, I'll read them. I don't take any opinion too seriously, though, when it is couched in terms like "animals." That's kind of a dead give away that the speaker is not being fair minded. I honestly worry about Trump sometimes, lately. He's getting a little unhinged if you ask me.
In other words, you are so distracted by his style you are unable to consider what he is saying. Perhaps you should try harder.
That's not "style." That whole rant today was counterproductive, as well as embarrassing. I don't like illegal immigration either and it should be stopped. We don't have to be feral about it. Trump is foaming at the mouth over Mexico because they aren't as easy to run over as he thought they would be.
Style aside, what the President said was in the vein as what the opponents of illegal immigration say. They consistently portray the illegals as peaceful industrious people who just want to work have and have what natural born Americans have, but never mention the gangs and drug trade or the very high crime rates in neighborhoods in which they live. The truth lies somewhere in between. Calling drug dealers and gang members animals is hardly feral, but calling the President on the US feral for saying they are animals perhaps is.
I said "We don't need to be feral about it," as in the many posts I read here that are hateful and vicious about not only illegals but all "beaners." The President's rhetoric and his ideas for handling illegals has gotten more and more punitive and negative as time has gone on. It is ridiculous to separate young children from parents while they are in detention. There are family detention centers and if more are needed, they can be built just as easily as regular detention centers. That is simply punitive with no consideration at all for what that will be like for the kids. They aren't to blame for their parents' poor decisions; why are they being punished? Because Trump is being unnecessarily nasty about what to do with these people.
I agree with you that drug dealers and gang members are not a group we want here, but for the US President to call Mexicans animals, without even specifying that he is talking about gangs, is wholly out of line.
You are letting your imagination run away from you. The animals comment was made during a roundtable discussion when a sheriff complained that laws preventing local law enforcement from cooperating with ICE from dealing adequately with gang members who came in illegally.

'The dust-up began Wednesday when, during a roundtable on so-called sanctuary cities, Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims brought up the gang while expressing concern about a California law that forbids local authorities informing U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement of undocumented immigrants in the state’s jails.

Trump has often talked about cracking down on the gang, which originated in Los Angeles.

“We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country,” Trump responded. “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals. And we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before.”'

Trump: ‘Animals’ comment referred to MS-13 gang members

To any reasonable person would see that the President was referring to MS-13 and not to all illegals. The children of illegals are being handled in the same way children of Americans are handled when they are arrested. If the parents have not made other arrangements for them they go into the system just as the children of illegals do. You don't like the President, and in this post you are clearly just making up reasons to try to justify your feelings.

You are letting your imagination run away from you. The animals comment was made during a roundtable discussion when a sheriff complained that laws preventing local law enforcement from cooperating with ICE from dealing adequately with gang members who came in illegally.

'The dust-up began Wednesday when, during a roundtable on so-called sanctuary cities, Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims brought up the gang while expressing concern about a California law that forbids local authorities informing U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement of undocumented immigrants in the state’s jails.

Trump has often talked about cracking down on the gang, which originated in Los Angeles.

“We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country,” Trump responded. “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals. And we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before.”'

Trump: ‘Animals’ comment referred to MS-13 gang members

To any reasonable person would see that the President was referring to MS-13 and not to all illegals. The children of illegals are being handled in the same way children of Americans are handled when they are arrested. If the parents have not made other arrangements for them they go into the system just as the children of illegals do. You don't like the President, and in this post you are clearly just making up reasons to try to justify your feelings.
and just so everyone is clear, he is stating those people being taken out of our country as animals.

well then good thing he never said mexicans are animals eh? did you even read the exchange? just wondering, cause you have a bad habit of not reading the facts ahead of posting nonsense.

It took me ages to actually find the whole exchange, but I did (at Politifact) and you're right. In the context of the conversation, it is pretty clear he was talking about MS-13 gang members. He could have been more clear. It is always a concern to me that this President likes to bunch up "illegals" and "immigrants" and call them rapists, murderers, etc. A lot of folks hear Hispanics are BAD. Don't tell me they don't. How the hell would anyone know from encountering them on the street if a dude speaking Spanish is here legally or not? It's a problem.
But thanks for the correction.

It took me ages to actually find the whole exchange, but I did (at Politifact) and you're right. In the context of the conversation, it is pretty clear he was talking about MS-13 gang members. He could have been more clear. It is always a concern to me that this President likes to bunch up "illegals" and "immigrants" and call them rapists, murderers, etc. A lot of folks hear Hispanics are BAD. Don't tell me they don't. How the hell would anyone know from encountering them on the street if a dude speaking Spanish is here legally or not? It's a problem.
why should he have been more clear? he was talking with a group of people who completely understood the conversation. It's those listening in and not understanding the situation. Now here you were commenting on something you had no idea of what you were even responding to. How do you do that? really? what a shame.

Well because you think illegals are immigrants and they aren't. so there is a difference between the two functions. you should learn about what makes each group a group. illegals are criminals.

Again you appear to be making things up to try to justify your feelings about the President. He has not "bunch up "illegals" and "immigrants" and call them rapists, murderers, etc." but people like you continue to spread this slander. The fact is if we do not have strong measures to restrict illegals from entering the country which include the wall/fence we will be allowing criminals like MS-13 in, and the effort to portray all illegals as innocents fleeing oppression is dishonest and needs to be addressed. The problem is not with what the President is saying but with people like you are are spreading slanders about what he has said.

why should he have been more clear? he was talking with a group of people who completely understood the conversation. It's those listening in and not understanding the situation. Now here you were commenting on something you had no idea of what you were even responding to. How do you do that? really? what a shame.

Well because you think illegals are immigrants and they aren't. so there is a difference between the two functions. you should learn about what makes each group a group. illegals are criminals.
Now here you were commenting on something you had no idea of what you were even responding to. How do you do that? really? what a shame.
If you supplied the transcript of the entire discussion, I missed it. Did you post it?

Again you appear to be making things up to try to justify your feelings about the President. He has not "bunch up "illegals" and "immigrants" and call them rapists, murderers, etc." but people like you continue to spread this slander. The fact is if we do not have strong measures to restrict illegals from entering the country which include the wall/fence we will be allowing criminals like MS-13 in, and the effort to portray all illegals as innocents fleeing oppression is dishonest and needs to be addressed. The problem is not with what the President is saying but with people like you are are spreading slanders about what he has said.
I disagree. I may have been misled by the many articles and posts and news spots that didn't include the entire context of the discussion, and I admitted it. I am still very concerned about the President's repeated words that dehumanize and make illegal immigrants -- of whom there are ten million or so living in this country -- the "other." Dehumanizing the "enemy" is a very real thing and Trump has done it time and again about illegals from Mexico and Central America. What worries me is, not all these people--most of these people--are not the enemy. As you say, some ARE bad hombres. They need to go home. But what about the 9,999,000 who ARE here to quietly work and raise a family, same as the rest of us? Those are the people who worry me, that we are dehumanizing and turning into the enemy, somehow less than human and less deserving than you or I of respect.

They protect our southern border

They violate our southern border millions of times a year.

YOu are a fool.
In 200 years our borders have never been invaded.
That is because we have peaceful neighbors to our north and south.

Europe cannot make that claim

Thank you Mexico and Canada

I asked a question.

You gave an answer.

I addressed that answer seriously and honestly.

You utterly ignored my point, when you hit the "reply" button to just reassert your previous, and now refuted claim.

That is a logical fallacy and the act of an asshole.

I disagree. I may have been misled by the many articles and posts and news spots that didn't include the entire context of the discussion, and I admitted it. I am still very concerned about the President's repeated words that dehumanize and make illegal immigrants -- of whom there are ten million or so living in this country -- the "other." Dehumanizing the "enemy" is a very real thing and Trump has done it time and again about illegals from Mexico and Central America. What worries me is, not all these people--most of these people--are not the enemy. As you say, some ARE bad hombres. They need to go home. But what about the 9,999,000 who ARE here to quietly work and raise a family, same as the rest of us? Those are the people who worry me, that we are dehumanizing and turning into the enemy, somehow less than human and less deserving than you or I of respect.
In fact, you are again slandering the President with false claims about what he said. He said nothing that dehumanized illegals. Deporting them is not dehumanizing them, it s merely holding them accountable for their actions: they came here illegally so they must leave. Not sending them back sends an invitation to all 600,000,000 people south of the border that if they can sneak in illegally and not get caught committing crimes, they can stay. Preventing local law enforcement from reporting illegals protects MS-13 as well as other illegals. Since you seem to have a continuing need to lie about what the President has said and done, it raises doubts about whether you really care about any of the Illegals.

They were not called animals.

THe illegals they keep allowing to cross our borders by the millions, were called animals.

Considering that the people being insulted have massively violated our laws and utterly disrespected US for decades,

your concern about insulting them is badly misplaced.

You should be more concerned with the people victimized by illegals or who have lost jobs to illegals.

You know, your fellow Americans.

Hopefully put him in the mental institution he belongs in

It is the Press that purposefully takes his comments out of context to mislead you.

Really, you liberals just can’t tell the whole story can you, he called MS 13 animals you fake news spreading liberals, get your damn story straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you gotta listen to what he says, not what MSM tells you he said because they always leave parts out and liberals can’t seam to think for themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHAT DOES AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT LOOK LIKE?

An illegal immigrant
looks like a nickel
tails up
on the sidewalk,
fallen out of someone’s pocket.

She looks like pressed bleached sheets
on cheap beds
tucked tight,
a hundred of them,
twelve stories high.

I saw one like a mango,
peeled and sprinkled with chili powder
on a stick like America,
layers cut diagonally,
a flower on Lake Street.

She looks like an amethyst grape
plucked by the millions,
stains like bruises
but she’s sorry and she loves you.

He looks like that kid,
I don’t know his name
but he sits over
there
and his lunch stinks.

An illegal immigrant looks like
Chinese Exclusion 1882
Asian Exclusion 1924
Executive Order 9066
Patriot Act 2001
SB1070 five days ago

looks like an angel made of bunk beds and cells
where Chinese men write poems into the wooden wall like it could weather the wait,
looks like a store sign
in 1922
“Absolutely no dogs or Filipinos allowed”,

like 1942 spam
rolled up like an enemy
internment camp sushi.

He is a community tree in the 1930s.
Or the 1940s or the 1960s
who has seen
too
many
dead people
to climb on.

He is a boat
in 1492
sailing the ocean blue

black
brown
red
yellow.

He looks like a hill
made of bodies
covered in grass
and a playground,
like a scar
on the bottom of my feet,

still growing.

He looks like
Joseph Ileto who looked like Vincent Chin who looked like Fong Lee who looked like
your neighborhood postman, like a good husband, like a boy on a
maddening threatening five deviled bicycle,
looked like a good target, like a bad seed, like the wrong crowd, like a jap mother f**ker who stole “our” jobs,
so one by one by a hundred they
killed them
innocently.

Because if you look
like the law
you look
legal.

And the rest of us are just wire cages
and a magic trick away
from knowing whose turn it is
to be the sacrificial pigeon.

And it’s showtime.

All the time.
Christy Namee Eriksen

WHAT DOES AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT LOOK LIKE?

An illegal immigrant
looks like a nickel
tails up
on the sidewalk,
fallen out of someone’s pocket.

She looks like pressed bleached sheets
on cheap beds
tucked tight,
a hundred of them,
twelve stories high.

I saw one like a mango,
peeled and sprinkled with chili powder
on a stick like America,
layers cut diagonally,
a flower on Lake Street.

She looks like an amethyst grape
plucked by the millions,
stains like bruises
but she’s sorry and she loves you.

He looks like that kid,
I don’t know his name
but he sits over
there
and his lunch stinks.

An illegal immigrant looks like
Chinese Exclusion 1882
Asian Exclusion 1924
Executive Order 9066
Patriot Act 2001
SB1070 five days ago

looks like an angel made of bunk beds and cells
where Chinese men write poems into the wooden wall like it could weather the wait,
looks like a store sign
in 1922
“Absolutely no dogs or Filipinos allowed”,

like 1942 spam
rolled up like an enemy
internment camp sushi.

He is a community tree in the 1930s.
Or the 1940s or the 1960s
who has seen
too
many
dead people
to climb on.

He is a boat
in 1492
sailing the ocean blue

black
brown
red
yellow.

He looks like a hill
made of bodies
covered in grass
and a playground,
like a scar
on the bottom of my feet,

still growing.

He looks like
Joseph Ileto who looked like Vincent Chin who looked like Fong Lee who looked like
your neighborhood postman, like a good husband, like a boy on a
maddening threatening five deviled bicycle,
looked like a good target, like a bad seed, like the wrong crowd, like a jap mother f**ker who stole “our” jobs,
so one by one by a hundred they
killed them
innocently.

Because if you look
like the law
you look
legal.

And the rest of us are just wire cages
and a magic trick away
from knowing whose turn it is
to be the sacrificial pigeon.

And it’s showtime.

All the time.
Christy Namee Eriksen

Do you support the deportation of all MS 13 members and all their associates?

p35eoAe.png

~S~

Forum List

Back