Why are folks talking about guns?

That isn't what the OP is about?

Isn't there enough threads on guns in the forum? The first reply to the OP was just a deflection. Are you all that dumb?
Countries with strong gun control don’t have a school shooting problem.
Neither does this one.

You only believe it does because the press tells you we do.

Why are folks talking about guns?

That isn't what the OP is about?

Isn't there enough threads on guns in the forum? The first reply to the OP was just a deflection. Are you all that dumb?
Countries with strong gun control don’t have a school shooting problem.
Neither does this one.

You only believe it does because the press tells you we do.
I haven’t heard of any school shootings in countries with strong gun control. They happen here regularly, Our kids are learning active shooter training in schools.

Awful lot of "loose gun law" red states with higher murder rates than California

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia

So what?

According to you more gun laws equals lower murder rates

We can clearly see that more and stricter gun laws do not equal lower murder rates

Which brings a person with any shred of intelligence to the point of wondering what is actually driving the murder rate

it's the RATE that counts not the population

and even in a state to state comparison NH has a murder rate almost 3 times lower than NY
Again, NH has no large city. Let’s compare NYC to Houston?

Again it doesn't matter. MURDERS PER 100000 residents of the state is what matters

or are you finally agreeing with me that it is our ultra violent inner cities that drive the murder rate of the entire country?
Of course it matters. Let’s compare Houston to NYC.

Not to the murder rate it doesn't

The murder rate of a state is MURDERS PER 100000 residents it doesn't matter where they live in that state

Or are you finally realizing that it is the ultra violent inner cities that skew the murder rate of the entire country ?
So you don’t want an honest comparison like Houston to NYC? You lose in honest comparisons. You just dishonestly cherry pick. There are many gun control countries with lower homicide rates than NH btw...

I'm not cherry picking I am comparing one state to another

That you want to just use cities is cherry picking

And lower than 1 per 100000 isn't much of a difference now is it?

Awful lot of "loose gun law" red states with higher murder rates than California

So what?

We can clearly see that more and stricter gun laws do not equal lower murder rates

Which brings a person with any shred of intelligence to the point of wondering what is actually driving the murder rate
We can clearly see countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours.

Oh and by the way...NH has a very low gun ownership per centage
How low?

You do know that gun ownership percentage is much lower in cities than it is in rural areas don't you?

So is it your position that low gun ownership percentages equals a lower murder rate?

Again it doesn't matter. MURDERS PER 100000 residents of the state is what matters

or are you finally agreeing with me that it is our ultra violent inner cities that drive the murder rate of the entire country?

The murder rate of a state is MURDERS PER 100000 residents it doesn't matter where they live in that state

Or are you finally realizing that it is the ultra violent inner cities that skew the murder rate of the entire country ?
So you don’t want an honest comparison like Houston to NYC? You lose in honest comparisons. You just dishonestly cherry pick. There are many gun control countries with lower homicide rates than NH btw...

Using cities is a honest comparison. Cherry picking a state with no large cities is dishonest.

So what?

We can clearly see countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours.

IDGAF about other countries never did never will

If you want to live in another country the get the fuck out already

Using cities is a honest comparison. Cherry picking a state with no large cities is dishonest.

Wrong

And I didn't cherry pick a state I merely chose the state with the LOWEST MURDER RATE

FL is very pro gun. How about we compare NYC to Jacksonville?

Wrong

And I didn't cherry pick a state I merely chose the state with the LOWEST MURDER RATE
You picked a state to compare to the largest city in the country. Very dishonest.

So what?

Yes when the facts don’t work for you....

As I said it is not gun laws and only gun laws that drive the murder rate and we see that some states with low murder rates have rather lax gun laws and some states with very strict gun laws have higher murder rates than those with loose gun laws,

There is obviously more to the equation

But you want to stick to simple grade school arguments like More gun laws = lower murder rates

But the evidence contradicts you

So what?

Yes when the facts don’t work for you....

It's pointless to argue with you about other countries because you refuse to delve into the other differences between countries and stick to the simplistic equation

MORE GUN LAWS = LOWER MURDER RATES

But maybe that's all you can understand so you stick to it

Wrong

Why does a city like Chicago with the most strict gun laws in the nation have the highest murder rate by guns?

Wrong

You picked a state to compare to the largest city in the country. Very dishonest.

and then I compared NY to NH and guess what NH has a lower murder rate than NY

Wrong

Why does a city like Chicago with the most strict gun laws in the nation have the highest murder rate by guns?
I don't know if that's true

and let's not qualify murder by saying gun murders

murder is murder period

As I said it is not gun laws and only gun laws that drive the murder rate and we see that some states with low murder rates have rather lax gun laws and some states with very strict gun laws have higher murder rates than those with loose gun laws,

There is obviously more to the equation

But you want to stick to simple grade school arguments like More gun laws = lower murder rates

But the evidence contradicts you
NH has a low ownership rate. And low homicide.

Forum List

Back