One has to give republicans (dark money) credit, they have managed to brain wash the snowflake base with BS and more BS. If guns make us safe and secure, why so many gun deaths compared to other civilized nations? If the premise were true we'd have few deaths,

Not true, civilized nations like Mexico and Honduras have much higher rates of gun violence, even though they have fewer firearms than America.

Further, guns aren't the cause of violence. I was doing a little light reading the other day, reading about the Crusades, the Inquisition, Sack of Rome, the Golden Horde, all very violent events. Many people injured and/or killed. Yet, the events happened BEFORE firearms were even invented.

IOW, it isn't guns.
Mexico has corrupt law enforcement. They just disarmed a whole police force.

NH has a low ownership rate. And low homicide.
Nice correlation, but you are forgetting another HUGE factor.
Yes no large cities.

So is it guns and gun laws that cause murder or cities?

I have been saying all along that our small number of ultra violent inner cities skew the murder rate for the entire country are you finally seeing that this is true?
And huge cities like NYC and London with strict gun laws have lower homicide rates than gun crazy cities like Jacksonville.

So is it gun laws or cities that cause murder?

CA has strict gun laws but not the lowest murder rate
Could it be the ultra violent inner city violence that stems from generational poverty, segregation, unemployment, under employment, drugs and gangs that drive the murder rate in these ultra violent inner city neighborhoods to a level that these very few areas skew the murder rate for the entire country?

The answer is YES

Yes no large cities.

I have been saying all along that our small number of ultra violent inner cities skew the murder rate for the entire country are you finally seeing that this is true?
And huge cities like NYC and London with strict gun laws have lower homicide rates than gun crazy cities like Jacksonville.
No one is going to admit it's ignorant black gangbangers that are the problem.
That school shooter in FL didn’t look so black. Or the guy in Vegas or newtown...
I agree. However, the media isn't reporting the weekly totals of 30-40 shootings in Chicago alone.

If guns make us safe and secure, why so many gun deaths compared to other civilized nations?

You pathetic excrement spewing hack, London murders more people than NY City...wait for it...using knives since guns are banned. :itsok:
NYC has rather strong gun control.

NYC has something more important than strict gun control. They have strong community involvement. And they have jobs starting to come back into the City. When you have no hope of jobs you get crime. Bring back the jobs and the crime gets squeezed out. It's easy to say that London has more murders than NYC. So does every Metro City on the face of the Earth. NYC now has the rate that many medium cities would kill to have. So go ahead, praise NYC for a change. Since the late 90s, all the mayors, cops and communities have worked towards these ends. And it's NOT pathetic partisan thing like you gun crazies try and make it out to be.

Yes no large cities.

Could it be the ultra violent inner city violence that stems from generational poverty, segregation, unemployment, under employment, drugs and gangs that drive the murder rate in these ultra violent inner city neighborhoods to a level that these very few areas skew the murder rate for the entire country?

The answer is YES
Now you're getting closer to the problem. Now tell us who runs these decadent cities. I'll give you a hint....it isn't republicans.

Yes no large cities.

The answer is YES
We have mass killings not in inner cities. Law enforcement killed not in big cities.

Low compared to what?

and how low?
Low compared to other states. 39th in ownership.

And? How many states with higher gun ownership have lower murder rates than CA?
CA has many huge cities.

Irrelevant to the murder rate of the entire state
You just talked about ultra violent cities. You can’t keep your own arguments straight.

You just can't keep up

I never said gun laws lower murder rates because they don't. You are trying to make my argument fit into your simplistic equation of MORE GUN LAWS = LOWER MURDER RATES.

But since my argument actually takes into account social, economic, historical, political and cultural variables you will never be able to plug my argument into your simple equation

Raising the minimum wage works. We just need national Standards. Higher paid labor pays more in taxes and create more in demand. It really is that simple.
And yet you can’t provide a single link to back that up (because lies can’t be backed up).

Meanwhile, I have provided dozens and dozens of links proving that jobs are lost, hours are cut, wages decrease, and tax revenues plummet when the minimum wage is raised.

You lose Daniel. It really is that simple.
only in the short run. the laws of demand and supply don't stop for right wing fantasy. in the long run, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

Low compared to other states. 39th in ownership.

CA has many huge cities.

You just talked about ultra violent cities. You can’t keep your own arguments straight.

You just can't keep up

I never said gun laws lower murder rates because they don't. You are trying to make my argument fit into your simplistic equation of MORE GUN LAWS = LOWER MURDER RATES.

But since my argument actually takes into account social, economic, historical, political and cultural variables you will never be able to plug my argument into your simple equation
Your arguments are nonsense. Let’s compare NYC to Jacksonville.

Yes no large cities.

The answer is YES
We have mass killings not in inner cities. Law enforcement killed not in big cities.

Mass killings account for less than 1% of the murder rate of the country you could wave your magic wand and stop all mass shootings tomorrow and the murder rate of the country would hardly budge

If guns make us safe and secure, why so many gun deaths compared to other civilized nations?

You pathetic excrement spewing hack, London murders more people than NY City...wait for it...using knives since guns are banned. :itsok:
NYC has rather strong gun control.

NYC has something more important than strict gun control. They have strong community involvement. And they have jobs starting to come back into the City. When you have no hope of jobs you get crime. Bring back the jobs and the crime gets squeezed out. It's easy to say that London has more murders than NYC. So does every Metro City on the face of the Earth. NYC now has the rate that many medium cities would kill to have. So go ahead, praise NYC for a change. Since the late 90s, all the mayors, cops and communities have worked towards these ends. And it's NOT pathetic partisan thing like you gun crazies try and make it out to be.
Rudy praised gun control when he was lowering crime in NYC.

That school shooter in FL didn’t look so black. Or the guy in Vegas or newtown...
How is that on point? You just jumped right off the page. What are you trying to say?

Mass shooters are not driving up the national murder rate by any statistically significant measure.

Yes no large cities.

The answer is YES

Mass killings account for less than 1% of the murder rate of the country you could wave your magic wand and stop all mass shootings tomorrow and the murder rate of the country would hardly budge
And they are frequent here and rare in countries with strong gun control.

CA has many huge cities.

You just can't keep up

Your arguments are nonsense. Let’s compare NYC to Jacksonville.

70% of all murders in this country take place in very concentrated very well defines areas of just 2% of all the counties in the country.

SOme of these areas reside in states with very strict gun laws some reside in states with looser gun laws

The point that you are missing is that it's not the gun laws of the state that matter so your equation

MORE GUN LAWS = LOWER MURDER RATES doesn't hold up

Mexico has corrupt law enforcement. They just disarmed a whole police force.

The United States has corrupt law enforcement as well.

Liberal city after liberal city has police officers shooting innocent people
Because they are also often shot, these things are rare in countries with strong gun control.

So what are you saying, disarm the police as well?
The police are armed in Germany, they just have strong gun laws so police are not killing people or being killed regularly.

Forum List

Back