Not to the murder rate it doesn't

The murder rate of a state is MURDERS PER 100000 residents it doesn't matter where they live in that state

Or are you finally realizing that it is the ultra violent inner cities that skew the murder rate of the entire country ?
So you don’t want an honest comparison like Houston to NYC? You lose in honest comparisons. You just dishonestly cherry pick. There are many gun control countries with lower homicide rates than NH btw...

I'm not cherry picking I am comparing one state to another

That you want to just use cities is cherry picking

And lower than 1 per 100000 isn't much of a difference now is it?
FL is very pro gun. How about we compare NYC to Jacksonville?

As I said it is not gun laws and only gun laws that drive the murder rate and we see that some states with low murder rates have rather lax gun laws and some states with very strict gun laws have higher murder rates than those with loose gun laws,

There is obviously more to the equation

But you want to stick to simple grade school arguments like More gun laws = lower murder rates

But the evidence contradicts you
NH has a low ownership rate. And low homicide.

Low compared to what?

and how low?

Not to the murder rate it doesn't

The murder rate of a state is MURDERS PER 100000 residents it doesn't matter where they live in that state

Or are you finally realizing that it is the ultra violent inner cities that skew the murder rate of the entire country ?
So you don’t want an honest comparison like Houston to NYC? You lose in honest comparisons. You just dishonestly cherry pick. There are many gun control countries with lower homicide rates than NH btw...

Using cities is a honest comparison. Cherry picking a state with no large cities is dishonest.

Wrong

And I didn't cherry pick a state I merely chose the state with the LOWEST MURDER RATE
Why does a city like Chicago with the most strict gun laws in the nation have the highest murder rate by guns?
They hardly have the strictest laws, they have concealed carry. They are also surrounded by states with weak laws.

Using cities is a honest comparison. Cherry picking a state with no large cities is dishonest.

Wrong

And I didn't cherry pick a state I merely chose the state with the LOWEST MURDER RATE
Why does a city like Chicago with the most strict gun laws in the nation have the highest murder rate by guns?
I don't know if that's true

and let's not qualify murder by saying gun murders

murder is murder period
It's true. Did you ever consider it might be the culture?

As I said it is not gun laws and only gun laws that drive the murder rate and we see that some states with low murder rates have rather lax gun laws and some states with very strict gun laws have higher murder rates than those with loose gun laws,

But you want to stick to simple grade school arguments like More gun laws = lower murder rates

Low compared to what?

and how low?
Low compared to other states. 39th in ownership.

Wrong

I don't know if that's true

and let's not qualify murder by saying gun murders

murder is murder period
It's true. Did you ever consider it might be the culture?
Chicago does not have the highest murder rate of any city

Low compared to what?

and how low?

And? How many states with higher gun ownership have lower murder rates than CA?

There are probably more guns in Wyoming that in all of Chicago, but the murder rate by guns in Chicago is way above Wyoming. I say it's the culture. There are not many ignorant druggies and black gangbangers in Wyoming. The people of Wyoming are a totally different breed.

Low compared to what?

and how low?

CA has many huge cities.

There are probably more guns in Wyoming that in all of Chicago, but the murder rate by guns in Chicago is way above Wyoming. I say it's the culture. There are not many ignorant druggies and black gangbangers in Wyoming. The people of Wyoming are a totally different breed.
Wyoming has no big city.

Low compared to what?

and how low?

CA has many huge cities.

Irrelevant to the murder rate of the entire state

Nice correlation, but you are forgetting another HUGE factor.
Yes no large cities.

So is it guns and gun laws that cause murder or cities?

I have been saying all along that our small number of ultra violent inner cities skew the murder rate for the entire country are you finally seeing that this is true?
And huge cities like NYC and London with strict gun laws have lower homicide rates than gun crazy cities like Jacksonville.

Wyoming has no big city.
So something happens to guns when they're in the big city? Do they fly off the shelves and shoot people all by themselves simply because they're in a big city? I still maintain it's the culture. If you want to say it's the big city culture, so be it.

Yes no large cities.

I have been saying all along that our small number of ultra violent inner cities skew the murder rate for the entire country are you finally seeing that this is true?
And huge cities like NYC and London with strict gun laws have lower homicide rates than gun crazy cities like Jacksonville.
No one is going to admit it's ignorant black gangbangers that are the problem.

Low compared to what?

and how low?

CA has many huge cities.

Irrelevant to the murder rate of the entire state
You just talked about ultra violent cities. You can’t keep your own arguments straight.

One has to give republicans (dark money) credit, they have managed to brain wash the snowflake base with BS and more BS. If guns make us safe and secure, why so many gun deaths compared to other civilized nations? If the premise were true we'd have few deaths,

Not true, civilized nations like Mexico and Honduras have much higher rates of gun violence, even though they have fewer firearms than America.

Further, guns aren't the cause of violence. I was doing a little light reading the other day, reading about the Crusades, the Inquisition, Sack of Rome, the Golden Horde, all very violent events. Many people injured and/or killed. Yet, the events happened BEFORE firearms were even invented.

IOW, it isn't guns.

Yes no large cities.

No one is going to admit it's ignorant black gangbangers that are the problem.
That school shooter in FL didn’t look so black. Or the guy in Vegas or newtown...

Forum List

Back