Prop 8 in California

In 100 years a man will be marrying blind dogs with 1 missing testicle at this rate

Abikersailor,

hold out another century and I am sure you will be able to find that special someone, all you will need is a few milk bones

It's all about equality, right? If we allow gays to marry, it would be intolerant and hateful to disallow brothers to marry... or sisters.

Yeah, how would they disallow it? If they allow gay marriage, brothers and sisters would sue and would win.

Yeah, how would they disallow it? If they allow gay marriage, brothers and sisters would sue and would win.
they would also have to make incest legal then pal! There is laws against incest, there is no laws against gay people. YOu guys spend so much money worrying about what these people do! Tell one way if gay people were allowed to have civil unions or get married it PERSONALLY effects you?

they would also have to make incest legal then pal! There is laws against incest, there is no laws against gay people. YOu guys spend so much money worrying about what these people do! Tell one way if gay people were allowed to have civil unions or get married it PERSONALLY effects you?

Incest is not illegal between two consenting adults. And hate to break it to you all but in some States Brothers and Sisters CAN marry. And there used to be laws against Gay sex.

It personally effects me cause it is a further erosion of this Countries morals and standards. It brings us closer and closer To Sodom and Gamora. It is of course an inevitable slide though, I just don't have to be happy about it.

If gays are allowed to marry, what is to stop a brother and sister from marrying?

I'll humor the argument. I'll even throw in bestiality and polygamy in there for you.

The first question I always ask is who does it harm. In most cases, it's the offspring/children, but never anybody else.

Incest - If both members have consent. It doesn't affect me. Doesn't hurt me. Only hurts their offspring. Barring the genes argument, not one person has given me a logically reason (ie non-religious) to why it is wrong. If we can regulate them from reproducing (which we can't), then I'm perfectly fine with incest.

Polygamy - Same reasoning. If ALL members consent to it, it's none of my business. Until you can prove to me that their children are negatively impacted in their upbringing, then there is no harm to anyone.

Bestiality - If you can show, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the animal has shown consent for the marriage, then I just don't give a damn. But taking it a step back, animals/objects don't have the same rights as humans so this hypothetical argument is moot. We would have to address animal basic rights first.

So what matters? Consent of all party members and proof that no one is harmed. You have that, do whatever you want. Not my business. I'll take it into my own personal responsibility to teach my kids that they shouldn't be doing it even if someone else is.

I'll humor the argument. I'll even throw in bestiality and polygamy in there for you.

The first question I always ask is who does it harm. In most cases, it's the offspring/children, but never anybody else.

Incest - If both members have consent. It doesn't affect me. Doesn't hurt me. Only hurts their offspring. Barring the genes argument, not one person has given me a logically reason (ie non-religious) to why it is wrong. If we can regulate them from reproducing (which we can't), then I'm perfectly fine with incest.

Polygamy - Same reasoning. If ALL members consent to it, it's none of my business. Until you can prove to me that their children are negatively impacted in their upbringing, then there is no harm to anyone.

Bestiality - If you can show, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the animal has shown consent for the marriage, then I just don't give a damn. But taking it a step back, animals/objects don't have the same rights as humans so this hypothetical argument is moot. We would have to address animal basic rights first.

So what matters? Consent of all party members and proof that no one is harmed. You have that, do whatever you want. Not my business. I'll take it into my own personal responsibility to teach my kids that they shouldn't be doing it even if someone else is.
Excellent post.

Your last sentence really made me laugh because the people that are always saying they don't want the government taking care of them are the first ones to vote for the government to protect them from gays.

Incest is not illegal between two consenting adults. And hate to break it to you all but in some States Brothers and Sisters CAN marry. And there used to be laws against Gay sex.

It personally effects me cause it is a further erosion of this Countries morals and standards. It brings us closer and closer To Sodom and Gamora. It is of course an inevitable slide though, I just don't have to be happy about it.

How does it erode this nation's morals? And what standards? You believe in shoving your morality down someone else's throat? My morals tell me its okay to be gay. It's okay to be a polygamist. Its okay to do anything you want as long as you don't harm anyone. How does being gay harm anyone?

Incest harms the offspring and animals can't consent, so those are both moot points. Molesting children is harmful so don't bring up NAMBLA - they're sick.

Take a GLBT studies course at a college or university to learn something about homosexuality. Being raised by gay people doesn't make a person gay. Being raised by straight people doesn't make them straight. And extending equal rights to homosexuals doesn't turn anyone gay.

Discriminating against anyone goes against the very ideals of this nation: freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

At a practical level, have to say I don't see my life, or anyone else's, impacted much because two gay guys in West Hollywood decide to get married to each other.

3 states voted to ban gay Marriage...Florida, California and Arizona...they joined 27 other states that already do:

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Kansas
Kentucky
Idaho
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Wisconsin

and from what I understand the following states have laws that ban gay marriage and limit marriage to one man and one woman (but it is not in their constitutions):

Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maine
Maryland
Minnesota
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Vermont
Washington
West Virginia
Wyoming

But I might be wrong

3 states voted to ban gay Marriage...Florida, California and Arizona...they joined 27 other states that already do:

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Kansas
Kentucky
Idaho
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Wisconsin

and from what I understand the following states have laws that ban gay marriage and limit marriage to one man and one woman (but it is not in their constitutions):

Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maine
Maryland
Minnesota
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Vermont