Psaki: ‘Unfair and Absurd’ To Say Companies Would Raise Prices in Response to Tax Increases

You don't seem to realize that only about 3% of all workers earn just the federal minimum wage and in that 3% are service workers who with tips make well above 15 an hour.
it is a starter wage that many work at for years
Doesnot excuse them for being exploited

At 3 percent of the workforce, giving them a raise should have minimal impact

Last edited:
Numerous boat builders shut down, Stupid.

Who do you think loses their jobs when that happens, Dipshit?
Exactly. Some see the rich buying expensive toys and clamor they should be stopped. I see people in good paying jobs putting together toys for the rich who would be harmed by the schemes of the left. Who gets more pay, people working for Prada or WalMart? Workers building a 50 meter yacht or building a 3 meter sailboat?

it is a starter wage that many work at for years
Doesnot excuse them for being exploited

At 3 percent of the workforce, giving them a raise should have minimal impact
Dude, you're being deliberately obtuse (I hope you're not ignorant). Don't you realize how many pay scales are tied to the MW and would automatically go up when it does? Add into that the fact that over 60% of American workers make $20/hr or less. They're all going to demand higher pay if all of a sudden they go from earning twice the MW to earning only MW. No, you're completely out in left field on this one.

Exactly. Some see the rich buying expensive toys and clamor they should be stopped. I see people in good paying jobs putting together toys for the rich who would be harmed by the schemes of the left. Who gets more pay, people working for Prada or WalMart? Workers building a 50 meter yacht or building a 3 meter sailboat?
Skilled workers are not limited to building yachts

Dude, you're being deliberately obtuse (I hope you're not ignorant). Don't you realize how many pay scales are tied to the MW and would automatically go up when it does? Add into that the fact that over 60% of American workers make $20/hr or less. They're all going to demand higher pay if all of a sudden they go from earning twice the MW to earning only MW. No, you're completely out in left field on this one.
Winner, winner Chicken Dinner!

Shows how many low skilled workers are being exploited by a wage scale that has been frozen for decades

These workers give their lives to their employer and yet still need Government aid for housing, food and healthcare

Why should taxpayers subsidize employers who refuse to pay their employees?

Skilled workers are not limited to building yachts
Right, many build other expensive toys that the wealthy buy. When you pay 5 times what everyone else pays for goods, you expect and get higher quality. Why do you think a Pagani costs more than a Hyundai, and do you expect workers for Pagani to earn the same as workers for Hyundai? Why do you think a waiter at an exclusive restaurant where the average meal costs over $200 earns more than a waiter at Denny's? Skilled workers in demanding jobs make more money, and the rich can afford to pay their higher costs.

Shows how many low skilled workers are being exploited by a wage scale that has been frozen for decades

These workers give their lives to their employer and yet still need Government aid for housing, food and healthcare

You're dodging your obvious falsehood. Address it. Either you were spouting from ignorance or you knew better and lied. Which is it?

Can you show me one government check to any company that has low-skilled workers? A company could care less if their workers are on the dole or not. They only care about producing parts or services for a profit. What their employees do to make ends meet is not their problem.

Now if you want to get out of that liberal bubble of yours, I'll tell you what's really going on.

My last job some of our customers used temporary services. They do so to fluctuate their staff according to business activity, plus it gives them a chance to try out employees before possibly offering them a full-time job with a company. When it got busy, the supervisors would ask their temps if they could work more hours. Many of them refused. Why? Because the more they make, the less their stipend in welfare or SNAP's. They made sure they stayed under a certain income level every month to continue benefits. Needless to say, those temps were never offered a full-time job, and some of those jobs had a great starting pay and benefits.

About ten years ago I was renting to an unmarried couple with two kids. They started to get more and more behind on rent, and I called them over to discuss the problem.

He worked but was pigheaded about it. He believed nobody should work over 40 hours a week. She stayed home with the kids while he was working. So I came up with a solution to their problem. When he was home on the weekends, he could watch the kids, and she could get a part-time job at Walmart or something and bring in extra money. They could catch up on their rent and maybe buy a car that wasn't constantly falling apart. She didn't even consider it because she was getting $230.00 a month in SNAP's for her and her two kids. So I had no choice but to take him to court to evict the family all over food stamps.

I know leftists like yourself hate the real world, but these are the things that go on in this real world when it comes to government goodies.

Can you show me one government check to any company that has low-skilled workers? A company could care less if their workers are on the dole or not. They only care about producing parts or services for a profit. What their employees do to make ends meet is not their problem.
More …Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

There might as well be a Government check to employers of low wage employees.
Employees that can’t afford to live in your area, employees who can’t afford to feed their families on what you pay them
You don’t have to pay them to live in your area……the taxpayer does it for you

If you're still getting 7.25 an hour after a few years it's your own fault.
So?
Who says you have to work for that wage the rest of your life?
But while you are earning it, you are being exploited

So?
Who says you have to work for that wage the rest of your life?
But while you are earning it, you are being exploited
No you're not. Your learning how to be a contributing employee, learning the business you are working in, and learning how to advance in that business or you are learning skills you can use to get a better job.

No you're not. Your learning how to be a contributing employee, learning the business you are working in, and learning how to advance in that business or you are learning skills you can use to get a better job.
Flipping burgers?
No, you are not looking for advancement in the burger flipping community

Flipping burgers?
No, you are not looking for advancement in the burger flipping community
Really?

How many people who started flipping burgers had the opportunity be to be shift leader, then and asst manager then a manager?

I know a guy who at 16 worked retail for MW and worked his way up all the way to regional manager in the same company in 10 years.

I know a guy who was a dishwasher who learned to cook and now owns his own catering company

Excuses are a dime a dozen

Really?

How many people who started flipping burgers had the opportunity be to be shift leader, then and asst manager then a manager?

I know a guy who at 16 worked retail for MW and worked his way up all the way to regional manager in the same company in 10 years.

I know a guy who was a dishwasher who learned to cook and now owns his own catering company

Excuses are a dime a dozen
People flip burgers for the money not to advance in the burger flipping world.

That money used to pay for college, a nice set of wheels, gas, maybe a night at the movies with your girl

Today it doesn’t come close to what it used to

People flip burgers for the money not to advance in the burger flipping world.

That money used to pay for college, a nice set of wheels, gas, maybe a night at the movies with your girl

Today it doesn’t come close to what it used to
That's because society just doesn't value burger flipping that much. No government mandate will change that.

Psaki: ‘Unfair and Absurd’ To Say Companies Would Raise Prices in Response to Tax Increases​

God she's a blithering idiot. This is Dem think, siphon off trillions from the private sector and the wealthy will just sit there and take it? Tax increases ALWAYS filter down to the poor and middle class.

That's because society just doesn't value burger flipping that much. No government mandate will change that.
Don‘t have to value flipping burgers, pumping gas or working in a car wash.
Just have to pay a fair wage and not exploit them

Forum List

Back