Put me down as one of the disgusted

no disgust here. She participated in a legal hunt, and if as described, one used for game management purposes.
That!/ what they all say. Let the lions manage the herds.

Why? Why shouldn't a country trying to manage its game, trying to restore wild populations not let people pay them to hunt animals that are either not endangered, or if endangered, not longer capable of producing additional offspring?

The animal is just as dead, why are you so concerned about some other person doing the killing as opposed to some lion doing it?
Because I am and it is none of your damn business why! It's just the way I see it. Giraffes have plenty of natural hunters, they don't need rich trophy hunters.

When you post your views on this message board, it becomes "everyone's damn business".
If you want to go with "just because" then fine, but its a weak arguing point to say the least.

I gave you my reasons. Oh what the hell did Africa do before we had trophy hunters?

American Bison and beaver hunted nearly to extinction so some assholes could have fancy hats and pelts. Left the meat to rot.

no disgust here. She participated in a legal hunt, and if as described, one used for game management purposes.
That!/ what they all say. Let the lions manage the herds.

Why? Why shouldn't a country trying to manage its game, trying to restore wild populations not let people pay them to hunt animals that are either not endangered, or if endangered, not longer capable of producing additional offspring?

The animal is just as dead, why are you so concerned about some other person doing the killing as opposed to some lion doing it?
Because I am and it is none of your damn business why! It's just the way I see it. Giraffes have plenty of natural hunters, they don't need rich trophy hunters.

When you post your views on this message board, it becomes "everyone's damn business".
If you want to go with "just because" then fine, but its a weak arguing point to say the least.

I gave you my reasons. Oh what the hell did Africa do before we had trophy hunters?

The only reason i can really see is "I don't like it, so other people shouldn't do it".

Never mind the $$ made from the hunting that would benefit the entire population, you find it "icky", so it shouldn't be done.

And before trophy hunters were regulated as they currently are, the majority of people in Africa saw nothing of value in these animals, and slaughtered them for whatever reason they wanted to, food, ingredients for traditional medicine, or to protect their livestock or crops.

Now these animals have value that overrides the immediate survival concerns of the local people. Value that provides both population management for the "save the X" crowd, and income for locations that regulate such trade.

Plus they get some meat out of it.

American Bison and beaver hunted nearly to extinction so some assholes could have fancy hats and pelts. Left the meat to rot.

And it took a serious wildlife management program to even attempt to bring them back. Hunting of other species is a big part of overall management plans, via fees and commerce created by the hunts.

And in case ya want to know, I always root for the bull in a bull fight. I always hope he can get a horn far up the matador's ass!

Northern white rhinos guarded as 1 male left worldwide - CNN.com

Ya know why? Cause some asshole man somewhere decided he needed rhino horn to get a hard on.

Lack of game management was the cause of this. Now that the animals have a value to the locals as a community, they will be far more protective of them. If the northern white Rhino comes back, and there are non breeding males available, why is taking in $100,000 to let some guy shoot the thing wrong?

And it took a serious wildlife management program to even attempt to bring them back. Hunting of other species is a big part of overall management plans, via fees and commerce created by the hunts.

Yeah like man kind nearly killed off every freaking wolf on the continent too.

Northern white rhinos guarded as 1 male left worldwide - CNN.com

Ya know why? Cause some asshole man somewhere decided he needed rhino horn to get a hard on.

Lack of game management was the cause of this. Now that the animals have a value to the locals as a community, they will be far more protective of them. If the northern white Rhino comes back, and there are non breeding males available, why is taking in $100,000 to let some guy shoot the thing wrong?
Why bring them back if you are just going to satisfy blood lust from a trophy hunter?

And management plans are bringing those back as well.

Why? legal responsible hunters cull herds and provide meat for locals.

They are not hunting to extinction, just those that can and should be targeted.

that's true for deer.....giraffe don't need to be culled.

Why Giraffes are in Danger of Extinction

If the hunt is limited to animals that are either incapable of breeding, or are an issue when it comes to the health of the herd (overly aggressive) then why is it so bad if the Game management plan can make a few tens of thousands of dollars off of it for the better of the entire herd (or even other, more endangered species)?

If the hunt is limited to animals that are either incapable of breeding, or are an issue when it comes to the health of the herd (overly aggressive) then why is it so bad if the Game management plan can make a few tens of thousands of dollars off of it for the better of the entire herd (or even other, more endangered species)?

why do you think that's what happened here?

Deer need culling because men killed the wolves!

Wolves cannot be re-introduced into certain areas, as they would be far more of a nuisance than an aid.

Hunting programs, properly managed, are the best solution to deer over-population, for both people and the deer as a whole.

And management plans are bringing those back as well.
The whole point is they would not need bringing back if you would leave them alone. They manage fine without your management.

If people like her father and this little girl need to kill something why don't they just show up at a local slaughterhouse and use a bolt gun to kill cattle for slaughter, or stay and learn how to use a knife to slaughter them. That people like this need to go find beautiful 'trophies' to kill is what is most telling about them.

A hundred years ago a father teaching a child how to hunt so the family could eat out on the prairie was appropriate. Now it is just ego and disregard for life.

why do you think that's what happened here?

because that's the only way one can usually get a valid big game permit for animals that are either endangered, or close to it. Also, if you read the link, that is what the family stated when asked about the hunt.

Forum List

Back