Put me down as one of the disgusted

I feel very grieved looking at this picture. There was no reason to kill this giraffe.

My granddaughter loves giraffes. She saw one at a zoo and was fascinated. One day she was visiting us and got inside her little mini van that is on our patio - she was 2 1/2 yrs. old at the time- she stood up on the back seat sticking her upper half of her body up through the open "sun roof" of her toy mini van.

She said to me, Look! Grandma! I a giraffe!

What a wonderful memory. I'll treasure it forever.
You are good people.
I struggled over whether or not I should share this but I will. I had a prize bull that was my pet. His father had papers and must have been a stunning specimen. I never saw his father. I loved my bull. He had such a wonderful sweet personality and was like a big teddy bear. He became so big that he began breaking out at night. He was over 1700 lbs and huge. Bigger than the bull in your video. I did not want to give him up but he kept breaking out and and I thought something might happen if I didn't.

Then he broke out and took a walk around the neighborhood and broke someone's water pipe and rammed a truck parked in someone's yard. We paid cash for damages and agreed we would sell the bull but I didn't want him ending up at a market sold for meat as he was a red angus Bull and had a very muscular beefy build. He was very well fed and taken care of. People who saw him said, He is so beautiful! What a beauty! I thought about forgetting about my vow to sell him and he broke out again. This time he pushed the vehicles and truck around the yard. Actually he pushed one of my husband's cars and his truck into our house. But the next morning my husband said, He never touched your station wagon. I told him of course he didn't. He knows that is my car. He used to run beside my car when I drove into the property he'd be so happy to see me. I'd lower my window and talk baby talk to him and he'd smile at me showing me this big toothy grin! He was just so precious.

A rancher came to buy him and I asked him if he had a big ranch. He said yes he will have plenty of room to run. Well, my husband became suspicious and thought he is going to take him to the auction. So he checked up on him and sure enough that was what he was planning to do. So we canceled the sale and told the rancher we decided to keep him. We've never slaughtered any of our animals. We just enjoy them being out there in the field and watching them graze.

Then recently a man who has a bull ranch ending up buying him -my husband arranged this I was not there. I look out at the field and remember him standing there and feel very sad and think I shouldn't have let him go. But if he is happy and safe then it is better than something else happening.

So while I was still feeling sad about my bull no longer being here two of my red angus heifers gave birth very closely together. Both newborns were baby bulls. I named one baby bull after my pet bull. So we have two baby bulls and one grown bull still here (who is the eldest son of the bull that left and the father of the two newborns).

The newborns have helped to take my mind off of it a little bit but you grow very attached to your animals and I'm still feeling like he needs to come home. I'm wondering if my husband could just hire someone and maybe reinforce the fences - we have plenty of land and fields for him to run in but he always figures out a way to get out. My husband mentioned missing him the other day. I am tempted to buy him back. I know I sound ridiculous. I'm sorry but I miss my bull. I really miss him! There was a guy in the field working with my husband one day and my bull saw him and he began to charge him! The guy had to get behind a tree or in it I can't remember the story now. But he didn't want to come back. My bull had a sense about people so maybe there was something not right about the guy. Who knows.

I love this one!

I don't think the bull was trying to hurt anyone. He just wanted to get out of that arena and those people were in his way. I have a bull that size (he's still growing) that can jump a cow gate like that. His father who just left is quite a bit bigger than he is. Bulls need a calm atmosphere. Those people running around frantic only made him more nervous. I feel sorry for him being traumatized like that. It's terrible.

Last edited:
I feel very grieved looking at this picture. There was no reason to kill this giraffe.

My granddaughter loves giraffes. She saw one at a zoo and was fascinated. One day she was visiting us and got inside her little mini van that is on our patio - she was 2 1/2 yrs. old at the time- she stood up on the back seat sticking her upper half of her body up through the open "sun roof" of her toy mini van.

You are good people.
I struggled over whether or not I should share this but I will. I had a prize bull that was my pet. His father had papers and must have been a stunning specimen. I never saw his father. I loved my bull. He had such a wonderful sweet personality and was like a big teddy bear. He became so big that he began breaking out at night. He was over 1700 lbs and huge. Bigger than the bull in your video. I did not want to give him up but he kept breaking out and and I thought something might happen if I didn't.

Then he broke out and took a walk around the neighborhood and broke someone's water pipe and rammed a truck parked in someone's yard. We paid cash for damages and agreed we would sell the bull but I didn't want him ending up at a market sold for meat as he was a red angus Bull and had a very muscular beefy build. He was very well fed and taken care of. People who saw him said, He is so beautiful! What a beauty! I thought about forgetting about my vow to sell him and he broke out again. This time he pushed the vehicles and truck around the yard. Actually he pushed one of my husband's cars and his truck into our house. But the next morning my husband said, He never touched your station wagon. I told him of course he didn't. He knows that is my car. He used to run beside my car when I drove into the property he'd be so happy to see me. I'd lower my window and talk baby talk to him and he'd smile at me showing me this big toothy grin! He was just so precious.

A rancher came to buy him and I asked him if he had a big ranch. He said yes he will have plenty of room to run. Well, my husband became suspicious and thought he is going to take him to the auction. So he checked up on him and sure enough that was what he was planning to do. So we canceled the sale and told the rancher we decided to keep him. We've never slaughtered any of our animals. We just enjoy them being out there in the field and watching them graze.

Then recently a man who has a bull ranch ending up buying him -my husband arranged this I was not there. I look out at the field and remember him standing there and feel very sad and think I shouldn't have let him go. But if he is happy and safe then it is better than something else happening.

So while I was still feeling sad about my bull no longer being here two of my red angus heifers gave birth very closely together. Both newborns were baby bulls. I named one baby bull after my pet bull. So we have two baby bulls and one grown bull still here (who is the eldest son of the bull that left and the father of the two newborns).

The newborns have helped to take my mind off of it a little bit but you grow very attached to your animals and I'm still feeling like he needs to come home. I'm wondering if my husband could just hire someone and maybe reinforce the fences - we have plenty of land and fields for him to run in but he always figures out a way to get out. My husband mentioned missing him the other day. I am tempted to buy him back. I know I sound ridiculous. I'm sorry but I miss my bull. I really miss him! There was a guy in the field working with my husband one day and my bull saw him and he began to charge him! The guy had to get behind a tree or in it I can't remember the story now. But he didn't want to come back. My bull had a sense about people so maybe there was something not right about the guy. Who knows.
I know what you mean. I got attached to a goldfish! The kind you win at the fair. Had him for five years. My husbands favorite pet was a cow named buttercup. I hope you do get your bull back.

Bulls are very territorial animals. So long as you stay out of their territory they are not likely to bother you. That arena is not a natural habitat for a bull.

Animals are put here on Earth for mankind's use. It is God's plan that we eat them, make clothes out of them, and have them as pets. All of this is set forth in the Genesis creation story. More people should read it, because it clears up a lot of misconceptions.
Nowhere in the entire Bible is killing animals for fun found...
Think about it, killing for fun...

You are good people.
Jeremiah spreads hatred every day on the religion forum towards her fellow Christians. When she stops doing that, she will be a better Christian and a better person.
Truth is hate to those who hate the truth. I love all people and I don't think standing by silent while they are led like lambs to the slaughter is an act of love. Self-love maybe but not love. I have nothing else to say on that subject.

Animals are put here on Earth for mankind's use. It is God's plan that we eat them, make clothes out of them, and have them as pets. All of this is set forth in the Genesis creation story. More people should read it, because it clears up a lot of misconceptions.
Nowhere in the entire Bible is killing animals for fun found...
Think about it, killing for fun...
There once was a town in Spain who threw live goats out of a bell tower just for fun. These people should excuse themselves from the human race.

You are good people.
Jeremiah spreads hatred every day on the religion forum towards her fellow Christians. When she stops doing that, she will be a better Christian and a better person.
Truth is hate to those who hate the truth. I love all people and I don't think standing by silent while they are led like lambs to the slaughter is an act of love. Self-love maybe but not love. I have nothing else to say on that subject.
You haven't saved a single Catholic with your endless diatribes against the Catholic Church. All you do is make a fool of yourself, quoting questionable sources and conspiracy theory websites. You recently claimed that the Vatican was behind the genocide in Rwanda. When you make a claim like that it means you have long ago departed the shores of reason and entered the deep waters of madness and delusion.

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel ... That's the essence of inhumanity." - George ...
Actually God's Word agrees with you, Willowtree.
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel. Proverbs 12:10

When I see a man who is cruel to animals I know he has a wicked heart. It's a sure sign that he cannot be trusted.

Killing animals IS fun for some people and so is killing people. That is why so many men play shooter video games, that is why so many men join the military, that is why so many men hunt for leisure. You have no right to judge them, they are members of the human race with human instincts dating back 100,000 years when we were hunters for food and survived or were extinguished based on the skill and bravery of our warriors.

Killing animals IS fun for some people and so is killing people. That is why so many men play shooter video games, that is why so many men join the military, that is why so many men hunt for leisure. You have no right to judge them, they are members of the human race with human instincts dating back 100,000 years when we were hunters for food and survived or were extinguished based on the skill and bravery of our warriors.
And, likewise you have no right to judge us. And stop quoting the bible. You behavior is very unchristian like.

There is a big difference in killing an animal for food and killing one for fun. Too bad those two things are indistinguishable by some.

And, likewise you have no right to judge us. And stop quoting the bible. You behavior is very unchristian like.
I will quote the Bible because the Bible is on my side. God gave us the animals to do with as we please. We can eat them, make clothes out of them, or we can make them our pets. In the revelation to Peter, God reveals that Christians can eat any kind of animal God has created, for none are unclean. Your emotional desire to pretend animals have human rights is nothing but delusion, they don't. Animals eat each other, and expect to be eaten. That is nature the way God made it. I've even seen animals kill and eat their own young, they have no sense of right or wrong to prevent them from doing this. Animals are not at all like human beings, not even close. Even the most intelligent ape has only a fraction of the intelligence of a human being. Also, animals do not have an eternal soul, so killing them is not murder.

There is a big difference in killing an animal for food and killing one for fun. Too bad those two things are indistinguishable by some.
Tell me how it would make you feel if I took some activity that you do for fun and told you that I was passing a law that you couldn't do it.

Forum List

Back