Question for gun enthusiast.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Lots of talk about bump stocks and high rate of fire rifles. I understand there is a constitutional right to bear arms, but on a practical level, is there any reason for high rate of fire for anything other than self-defense? Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?

Lots of talk about bump stocks and high rate of fire rifles. I understand there is a constitutional right to bear arms, but on a practical level, is there any reason for high rate of fire for anything other than self-defense? Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?

You don't need high capacity mags and an extreme rate of fire to protect your home. The fact remains, a shotgun does a wonderful job and, trust me on this one, the jacking of a shotgun shell into a chamber really makes anyone up to no good to consider making his peace with Jesus.

You don't need high capacity mags and an extreme rate of fire to protect your home. The fact remains, a shotgun does a wonderful job and, trust me on this one, the jacking of a shotgun shell into a chamber really makes anyone up to no good to consider making his peace with Jesus.
I'm sure that is true, but not an answer to my question. Is high cycle rate and extended capacity required or even helpful in other applications?

If you want to shoot up a school, movie theater or concert, a Bump Stock is a nice way to augment your AR-15

Our Supreme Court wants to ensure you have the necessary tools to do your job

I'm sure that is true, but not an answer to my question. Is high cycle rate and extended capacity required or even helpful in other applications?

I go back to the original solution that Eugene Stoner came up with when faced with the failings of the M-14 and why the venerable M1A1 was still in service. And that is, when a scared shitless 18 year old is in combat, what will keep him alive and make the other side the most dead.

So far, the only real use for those two have been for mass shootings like Schools, Auditoriums, outdoor concerts. I like our laws here that limits the accessories you can have on your firearm and limits them to a 15 round capacity. Let's face it, if you can't protect your home with 15 rounds and a high rate of fire rate of the AR then you shouldn't be trying to protect crap. I prefer a shotgun as it's less destructive to the neighborhood and when it goes off, it's really commanding. Plus, just the jacking of a round into the chamber of my 870 bring a come to Jesus moment to the whole place.

Yes. Look it up. Educate yourself.
I have looked and didn't find anything. Do you know of anything that requires a high discharge rate and extended capacity, other than self-defense?

If you want to shoot up a school, movie theater or concert, a Bump Stock is a nice way to augment your AR-15

Our Supreme Court wants to ensure you have the necessary tools to do your job
How did you come to that stupid conclusion, LWNJ totalitarian Democratic party of slavery supporting moron?

How did you come to that stupid conclusion, LWNJ totalitarian Democratic party of slavery supporting moron?
Do you have an answer to the OP question, or are you just here to show your ass?

Yes. Look it up. Educate yourself.

Since I am retired Military, I know a bit about this. And how many times has my life been in jeopardy in my home by a mob? How about zero. The fact remains, if you have a mob breaking into houses and killing people then you need the Police who will be equally armed and better trained than the gang. And you need to get your ass along with your family out of there.

Look
Mass killing is not easy

If you want to set the record for most kills, you only get one chance to do it.
The Supreme Court wants to be sure you have the best ability to kill as many people as you can

Since I am retired Military, I know a bit about this. And how many times has my life been in jeopardy in my home by a mob? How about zero. The fact remains, if you have a mob breaking into houses and killing people then you need the Police who will be equally armed and better trained than the gang. And you need to get your ass along with your family out of there.
That might be the preferred way, but it might not be possible. In that case, a combat ready weapon would be called for. I'm just interested if there are any other uses for those capabilities other than self-defense.

That might be the preferred way, but it might not be possible. In that case, a combat ready weapon would be called for. I'm just interested if there are any other uses for those capabilities other than self-defense.

If you are in a neighborhood that gangs are breaking into homes and killing families, on stinking 30 round mag in anything less than a Mah Deuce isn't going to do shit. And if the reason to have the 30 and 50 round mags and the bump stock is to protect your family, having your family in that environment isn't love of your family but love or you Cult16.

The question was pretty simple. No one has offered an answer yet. Any other uses?

I go back to the original solution that Eugene Stoner came up with when faced with the failings of the M-14 and why the venerable M1A1 was still in service. And that is, when a scared shitless 18 year old is in combat, what will keep him alive and make the other side the most dead.

So far, the only real use for those two have been for mass shootings like Schools, Auditoriums, outdoor concerts. I like our laws here that limits the accessories you can have on your firearm and limits them to a 15 round capacity. Let's face it, if you can't protect your home with 15 rounds and a high rate of fire rate of the AR then you shouldn't be trying to protect crap. I prefer a shotgun as it's less destructive to the neighborhood and when it goes off, it's really commanding. Plus, just the jacking of a round into the chamber of my 870 bring a come to Jesus moment to the whole place.
:rolleyes: Your abject narcissism is showing, internet tough guy.

The question was pretty simple. No one has offered an answer yet. Any other uses?

Oh, but what happens if you need it for the coming Civil War? I have already had my life threatened by a MAGAt. He said if the call for the civil war comes out, I will be the first he kills. What he has done is write his own death warrant. I am retired Military with oodles of time with weapons for combat. He is a convicted Felon Pedophile who spent 10 years in Prison. If I see him outside his house with a weapon he won't get the chance to murder anyone. He's going to get one warning to lay his semi auto shotgun (yes I know he illegally has weapons) down on the ground and that's it. It's a hell of a lot more than he would give me. Strange that the general public needs to be armed to protect us from the MAGAts that want a civil war, isn't it.

Forum List

Back