Question for Republican voters

Trump and Carson are both Politicians.

Carson has been engaged in the political sphere for years now. And Trump even more so, even having done pretend Candidacies in the past.

That they havent reached office doesnt mean theyre not politicians. ..

They both spin and pander. Both of them.

Carson is really picking up steam.

Has anyone here switched their support from Trump to Carson, and if so, why?

Carson is the flip side of Trump. He's a nice guy. Neither one is likely to make a very good president should they be elected. Despite what many people think, being a Washington insider has its benefits if it means being able to work with Congress in a somewhat efficient manner. That is why Clinton, Biden, Rubio, and Bush are probably the best choices available. I chose those four because, despite what voters may think, all four of them are somewhat liked by the majority of those in Congress, because they aren't batshit crazy.

Carson is the flip side of Trump. He's a nice guy. Neither one is likely to make a very good president should they be elected. Despite what many people think, being a Washington insider has its benefits if it means being able to work with Congress in a somewhat efficient manner. That is why Clinton, Biden, Rubio, and Bush are probably the best choices available. I chose those four because, despite what voters may think, all four of them are somewhat liked by the majority of those in Congress, because they aren't batshit crazy.

Yep,,,They won't cut, slash and burn our entire funding for infrastructure, science, education and the safetynet. I am sorry but if you republicans did that 75% of the people in this country would make sure you never seen office again.

Rubio was my early choice and I still think he will be the last man standing, apologies to Carly Fiorina. To me Trump and Carson are very similar other than their personalities.

I'm a Conservative, not a Republican and I could see myself supporting either one POTENTIALLY.

What draws me to both is,their lack of political background and the lack of willingness to carry through on past political promises by the others.

I'm a Conservative, not a Republican and I could see myself supporting either one POTENTIALLY.

What draws me to both is,their lack of political background and the lack of willingness to carry through on past political promises by the others.
What I'm wondering if anyone is going from Trump to Carson because (a) they like the fact that he's not a politician and (b) they think Trump's temperament and positions are a little problematic.

What I'm wondering if anyone is going from Trump to Carson because (a) they like the fact that he's not a politician and (b) they think Trump's temperament and positions are a little problematic.

The non-politician card works for Trump AND Carson. That's a large part of why people like me are interested in them.

Trump's temperament and positions are exaxtly what most of us prefer anout him. We're suck snd tired of politicians with no spines or who won't speak the plain truth about things.

The poll I'd like to see...

Actual declared party identification of Trump supporters
Previous voting turnout of current Trump supporters
History of Republican support in prior elections by current Trump supporters

Dr. Carson seems like a very fine person. While both he and Trump are not professional politicians, I prefer Trump's business experience over Carson's medical background simply because surviving and prospering leading a large business conglomerate IMO is better training for the rigors of the office of president of the United States.

I won't go for Carson, although I think he is a nice guy, he has too much to learn in a short time. From foreign policy to economics he could be in trouble internationally as well as domestically. But he gets the "Nice Guy" award.

The poll I'd like to see...

Actual declared party identification of Trump supporters
Previous voting turnout of current Trump supporters
History of Republican support in prior elections by current Trump supporters
That's interesting you bring this up. I can see Trump getting disenfranchised Democrats and people who have never voted before.

Forum List

Back