🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question from a non-American. Do you guys really hate each other?

Yes, it has come down to hate

Our political system used to rely on compromise. I’ll give a little, you give a little and we will meet somewhere in the middle

Now a win/win solution can’t be tolerated because it allows the other side to win also
then those of us in the middle need to stop demanding OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY cause that's how you "normalize the extreme" - ie, let them make these decisions.

tell people like that to sit down and shut up. they will whine, they will protest, they will do all the things extreme natured people do. like children. ignore them as you ignore children and we move on. cater to them, we stay here.

compromise is whats destroyed this country, rule of law is what made it great,,,ie the constitution
How ironic that you would criticize compromise, and then immediately invoke the Constitution, the greatest document written and the product of compromise, collaboration and innovation.

My two cents: Unlike most other Western Democracies, the United States has a written Constitution, and a mandate that it be adhered to. Until very recently, the vast majority of Americans bought into this mandate.

But starting around the time of the Vietnam War (and partly because of the Vietnam War) the political Left embarked on a decades-long program (implicit, not publicized) to fundamentally CHANGE America into something like the Social Democracies of Europe - the Constitution be damned. (Exhibit A is the Affordable Care Ace, also called, "Obamacare," which is entirely unconstitutional).

Perversely, part of the strategy was to place Leftists in judicial positions to "interpret" the Constitution, thereby creating the false and outrageous claim that the entire Leftist campaign was BASED ON the Constitution. Thus we had other-worldly Court dictates like, "Since the Constitution requires that no one be treated differently because of their race, we MUST TREAT PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY because of their race!" And finding that the marriage paradigm that has existed since the Founding is "Unconstitutional," because it prevents men from marrying men.

So the Left is not just disagreeing with the political Right; it is literally subverting the basic founding document of the Country, while claiming to. be "patriots." It is off-pissing in the extreme.

Enter Donald Trump, pouring his brand of gasoline on the fire...

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?

The right hates everyone that they feel doesn't measure up to their archaic standards.

The left just wants the best for everyone.
Bs!

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?

You evidently dont know what "everyone" means.
And i certainly dont need a bedwetter telling me what i "need"
Everyone means everyone. Including those you wish to exclude.
I said nothing about determining your needs, dope.

My two cents: Unlike most other Western Democracies, the United States has a written Constitution, and a mandate that it be adhered to. Until very recently, the vast majority of Americans bought into this mandate.

I think most countries have a constitution. I know mine does, I just have no idea what it says in it.

compromise is whats destroyed this country, rule of law is what made it great,,,ie the constitution
How ironic that you would criticize compromise, and then immediately invoke the Constitution, the greatest document written and the product of compromise, collaboration and innovation.
a great example of people to ignore. they're here / exist only to cause disruption.

stop letting them.

a great example of people to ignore. they're here / exist only to cause disruption.

stop letting them.
They're in the majority here.

The right hates everyone that they feel doesn't measure up to their archaic standards.

Bs!

Tell us some more about "shithole countries".

The divisions the O. P. has noticed from way down under in Australia---go back a long way.

Really back to the original settlements in Massachusetts by the Pilgrims from East Anglia , who declared themselves the Elect of God...and to Virginia, and the rest of the South, later settled by Welch and even later by Scots, primarily those who spent a few decades in Ireland and so are known as Scots/Irish, even though they have no Irish (Celtic Blood/Catholic Religion in them). These all Anglo Saxons, but of different stock and heritage.

The differences were first manifested in earnest in the struggles between Elect of God John Adams from Massachusetts and Virginian Thomas Jefferson during the Washington administration.

The "New Englanders" no longer long know the Lord, but they have not lost their very profound sense of moral and intellectual superiority over the unwashed masses of the South and now the Heartland of America in general . They have not lost their interest in telling them what to do and how to live their lives. This belief of superiority is met with disgust by those they look down on...and also a big ole FUCK YOU....and that has invested the New Englanders with a love of Control.

That is, they are Control Freaks and it is engendered by a false but persistent belief that they know better what is good for us than the rest of us know ourselves.

You could argue that this same feeling of enmity goes all the way back to William Wallace, the Braveheart Scot, in his battles with the oppressions of the arrogant English---and one very bloody Civil War has already been fought between the two on American soil. Another may be coming in the next decades for the Hatred you have noticed is very real, and is being aggravated by the attempt of the New Englanders---whose attitude will always put them in the minority with the rest of true Americans---to bring in a new set of voters from South of the Border, from the Middle East and from Africa---to balance out voting power---in other words , to sell out the greatest society thus far established by the Human Experience--for Votes, and thus Power and CONTROL.

One culture looks down with utter contempt from rotting cities in the North, where only enclaves are safe to travel after dark, at more rural Heartlanders and sees only Rustics, Rubes, and Rednecks and they make no secret of their contempt.

Meanwhile the Heartlanders keep the New Englanders alive with the food they grow and the oil and gas they provide to keep the bastards from freezing to death. This succor is ungratefully accepted of course, but with a sneer, and with continuous complaints that such activities---which keep the turds alive---is causing Global Warming.

Their attitude is returned with equal and intense contempt. The Hatred IS real, it is Deep, and it has a long History. (For more, read what Thomas Jefferson had to say about what would happen to America if she was ever besotted with huge rotting cities--such has now come to pass.)

Good post.

American political issues are fickle without doubt and we dont often like the other side.

what a croc of horse shit shoved in a blender and liquified for people to snort through their noses.

both sides want the best for us all. both sides prefer we get there in a means and manner comfortable to our own views and thoughts.

your bullshit stereotypes are a great example of how things get fucked up. you think YOUR views are "right" and can't understand why others don't agree with you, yet you never give the respect you seem to ask for and wonder why you are *always* arguing with someone.

I think most countries have a constitution. I know mine does, I just have no idea what it says in it.

If you are in the UK, you have no constitution.

The issue became heated when The Left decided that The Constitution was a piece of toilet paper, that they wanted to embrace Marxism, Socialism and Globalism, and destroy anything that stood in the path of that, which includes destroying people's lives with lies. Once they abandoned all ethics it no longer became a contest of politics, it became a battle between Good and Evil. The Democrat Party will even try to destroy their own people if they don't walk lock step with them. The GOP embraces disagreement, and there is a lot of room for independent thinking. This isn't the case with The Left, unfortunately.

The bad thing about this is that we need The Left, just not The Left we have now. Because of The Left's unwillingness to abandon things like Replacement Politics, Sanctuary Cities, Abortion as a Sacrament, Their Aversion to Voter ID, Immigration Reform, Opposition to Border Security, and their Paradigm that The US Constitution is outdated and needs replaced, etc. America is at a disadvantage and is fighting most of it's battles with one arm tied behind it's back.

I don't hate The Left. I hate that they want to destroy America in favor of a type of Marxist Globalist Borderless Socialism.

If a people like that were trying to overthrow Australia and The Principles it was founded on, you would be morally and ethically opposed to them. You'd fight them to the death if necessary to save the country you love.

Last edited:
it was a compromise before it was written not after,,,if you want to compromise now you have to change the law

seem to have hit a sore spot with you progs

why do you guys hate the constitution so much???

stop letting them.
so wanting the rule of law and constitution followed is now disruption???

we know how back stabbing liars hate being disrupted

progs need to go back to mother russia where you are welcome

If you are in the UK, you have no constitution.

Australia, and I know we have a constitution as I know that it was the first constitution signed on film. I also know of a few referendums we have had over the last 117 years to change bits of it. It is just in my country the constitution is a document that if it is working no one really knows about it. In my country it is seen a bit like a car engine, important to know one or two things for basic maintenance, but if the engine is working fine then most people won't know much about it beyond the basics.

For instance the constitution in my country was never ever mentioned in high school, it only briefly being mentioned in primary school in the history of Australia 1788 to 1901 era.

it was a compromise before it was written not after,,,if you want to compromise now you have to change the law

seem to have hit a sore spot with you progs

why do you guys hate the constitution so much???
I call the Constitution "the greatest document written", and you interpret that as "hate".

This place is always fascinating.

stop letting them.
They're in the majority here.
ignore them.

The Left has been on a campaign, a Jihad, to "fundamentally transform" America, that doesn't sit well with many

Forum List

Back