🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question from a non-American. Do you guys really hate each other?

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?

The right hates everyone that they feel doesn't measure up to their archaic standards.

The left just wants the best for everyone.
Right, you wan more illegals more taxes, more regulation more restriction, more crime, more criminals, etc etc. How come you liars never say what it is you want?
I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?

The right hates everyone that they feel doesn't measure up to their archaic standards.

Right, you wan more illegals more taxes, more regulation more restriction, more crime, more criminals, etc etc. How come you liars never say what it is you want?

Thanks for the timely example.

/---/ Yes because the left wing rules against the will of the people and attack anyone who dares disagree with them. They want to upend our electoral process because they are sore losers.
upload_2019-1-8_9-18-30.png

compromise is whats destroyed this country, rule of law is what made it great,,,ie the constitution
How ironic that you would criticize compromise, and then immediately invoke the Constitution, the greatest document written and the product of compromise, collaboration and innovation.
it was a compromise before it was written not after,,,if you want to compromise now you have to change the law

seem to have hit a sore spot with you progs

why do you guys hate the constitution so much???
I call the Constitution "the greatest document written", and you interpret that as "hate".

This place is always fascinating.
its not what you say the defines you,,,but what you do,,,

if you vote for either dems or repubes you clearly hate the constitution

so do you???
So you're in charge of who hates the Constitution.

Funny.

whenn did I say that???

but what I can do is do is make a statement based on their records over the 53 yrs of my life

you might not like it but their record and the facts are clear on this

what a croc of horse shit shoved in a blender and liquified for people to snort through their noses.

both sides want the best for us all. both sides prefer we get there in a means and manner comfortable to our own views and thoughts.

your bullshit stereotypes are a great example of how things get fucked up. you think YOUR views are "right" and can't understand why others don't agree with you, yet you never give the respect you seem to ask for and wonder why you are *always* arguing with someone.

Sure. The right believes white, christian and straight is the best for us all.

The left believes in full inclusion.

Which is more in line with our founding principles?
both

Please explain.

what a croc of horse shit shoved in a blender and liquified for people to snort through their noses.

both sides want the best for us all. both sides prefer we get there in a means and manner comfortable to our own views and thoughts.

your bullshit stereotypes are a great example of how things get fucked up. you think YOUR views are "right" and can't understand why others don't agree with you, yet you never give the respect you seem to ask for and wonder why you are *always* arguing with someone.

both

Please explain.
we as americans are free to associate with who we want,,,

how can you say the left is inclusive???

they dont want anyone that views the world different in their midst...they hate jews, they think blacks are stupid

and I've never seen the right say that only white normal people are welcome,,,they have been inclusive to all

Sure.
Muslim ban.
Refugee ban.
Immigration ban.
"Good people on both sides"

they dont want anyone that views the world different in their midst...they hate jews, they think blacks are stupid

and I've never seen the right say that only white normal people are welcome,,,they have been inclusive to all

Sure.
Muslim ban.
Refugee ban.
Immigration ban.

none of those exist

if you vote for either dems or repubes you clearly hate the constitution
So you're in charge of who hates the Constitution. Funny.
when did I say that???
:laugh:
why did you edit my comment???
Did I edit something out of context?

My apologies.

What was that, precisely?
my comment had far more than you copied

So you're in charge of who hates the Constitution. Funny.
when did I say that???
:laugh:

My apologies.

What did I quote out of context?

Second try.

both

Please explain.

Sure.
It's the policies you support or suggest that reflect those desired associations that are exclusive.

My apologies.

What did I quote out of context?

Second try.
my full comment

whenn did I say that???

but what I can do is do is make a statement based on their records over the 53 yrs of my life

you might not like it but their record and the facts are clear on this

Sure.
Muslim ban.
Refugee ban.
Immigration ban.

none of those exist

Ok, sure.

both

Please explain.

Sure.
It's the policies you support or suggest that reflect those desired associations that are exclusive.
?????

both

Please explain.

Sure.
?????
LOL

Personally you can associate with whom you wish.

Public policy needs to be all inclusive.

Sure.
?????
LOL

when hasnt it,,,as long as they want to be americans they are welcome from anywhere

and like I said there is no muslim ban there is no refugee ban there is no immigrant ban

Please explain.

Sure.
?????
LOL

when hasnt it,,,as long as they want to be americans they are welcome from anywhere

and like I said there is no muslim ban there is no refugee ban there is no immigrant ban

LOL

The courts killed the bans, fool.

There's no defacto immigrant ban on the border now? No stalling of asylum applications?
No crisis?

I don't like saying it, but I do think our ends of the spectrum really do hate each other.

Ironically, they share many behaviors, and that probably makes them even more angry.

Personal insults, name-calling, hyperbole, distortion, straw man arguments, tribalism, denial. It's all the same stuff.

Imagine going through life, being so similar in behaviors to those you loathe.

I think "hate of each other" is far too strong an expression to describe Americans of all walks of life, but for a very tiny percentage of the population. Taking the soap opera, as presented by some of the media, seriously is not advisable.

I would also take everything you hear from Mac with a grain of salt. He loves to throw into the same pot racists, misogynists, flat-earthers, science deniers, xenophobes, nativists, borderline and not-so-borderline Nazis with folks who mostly value science and facts, stand up against misogynists, xenophobes, nativists, and Nazis. He does so based on the utterly surprising finding that human foibles, being human and all, are to be found among humans, and regardless of political persuasion. Surprising as that may seem, it isn't, and the "insights" drawn from Mac's shtick are few. Very few. Yet he loves riding that old mare - impervious, so far, to any and all advice that it is dead, has been for a very long time, if it ever was alive. But then, that's Mac, ever so hopeful the mare will get him... somewhere.

" He loves to throw into the same pot racists, misogynists, flat-earthers, science deniers, xenophobes, nativists, borderline and not-so-borderline Nazis with folks who mostly value science and facts, stand up against misogynists, xenophobes, nativists, and Nazis"

You mean of course as you define them. The fact is this, ANYONE who dares challenge what YOU believe about any of those subjects makes that person one of those things. Example? Science tell you that there are two Genders, Progressives have decided that there are more than 50. Spare us your pontifications about "Science". Like everything else to you folks "real" science can only serve to "prove" what you've decided is real or true. THAT is the OPPOSITE of science.

Forum List

Back