🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question from a non-American. Do you guys really hate each other?

Yes, it has come down to hate

Our political system used to rely on compromise. I’ll give a little, you give a little and we will meet somewhere in the middle

Now a win/win solution can’t be tolerated because it allows the other side to win also
compromise is whats destroyed this country, rule of law is what made it great,,,ie the constitution

the only thing compromise gives you is two losing sides

Actually I'd say that in the end it was capitulation that ruined the Country. We allowed the Left to redefine what compromise meant.

compromise is whats destroyed this country, rule of law is what made it great,,,ie the constitution

Actually I'd say that in the end it was capitulation that ruined the Country. We allowed the Left to redefine what compromise meant.

We also allowed the LEFT to take over EDUCATION, and the MEDIA which is leading us down a very destructive, unrealistic path.

we as americans are free to associate with who we want,,,

Sure.
It's the policies you support or suggest that reflect those desired associations that are exclusive.
?????
LOL

Personally you can associate with whom you wish.

Public policy needs to be all inclusive.
when hasnt it,,,as long as they want to be americans they are welcome from anywhere

and like I said there is no muslim ban there is no refugee ban there is no immigrant ban

LOL

The courts killed the bans, fool.

There's no defacto immigrant ban on the border now? No stalling of asylum applications?
No crisis?
when you enter a country caring a foreign flag you are an invader not an immigrant,,,and they could have filed for asylum in the own countries without walking 1500 miles but they chose not to

immigrants are entering the country by the hundreds everyday,,,legally

and the bans were to specific countries based on their active terrorist population and not just because they were muslims,,,in fact there are several muslim countries that were not on the list

We also allowed the LEFT to take over EDUCATION, and the MEDIA which is leading us down a very destructive, unrealistic path.
the left took over education and then the repubes funded supported and defended it every yr since

Yes, it has come down to hate

Our political system used to rely on compromise. I’ll give a little, you give a little and we will meet somewhere in the middle

Now a win/win solution can’t be tolerated because it allows the other side to win also

Attitudes that have gridlocked our government

the left took over education and then the repubes funded supported and defended it every yr since
Most school districts in our country are run by conservatives

The advocates of UTOPIAN policy are destroying the United States. A Utopia is not possible, and even if it were Humans DON'T want a Utopia. They can not be happy when everything is given to them. Humans need challenges to overcome. The Left forgets that.

The Elites that want Totalitarian control of society have sold the possibility of a Utopia to liberal/progressives who are weak minded, and easily swayed.

other tha
The advocates of UTOPIAN policy are destroying the United States. A Utopia is not possible, and even if it were Humans DON'T want a Utopia. They can not be happy when everything is given to them. Humans need challenges to overcome. The Left forgets that.

The Elites that want Totalitarian control of society have sold the possibility of a Utopia to liberal/progressives who are weak minded, and easily swayed.
other than your use of liberal instead of leftist I agree

liberal has been highjacked and we need to take it back

the constitution was written with liberal views in mind,,,ie,,freedom

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting

Let met straighten out your shit. Its not Dem vs Rep its pro big Government and their government mooching dependents vs the free working people they want to enslave to pay for their government utopia.

Short of some idiots in metro areas.
America is a peaceful nation.
Don't use the media or sites like this as a barometer of the nation.

Bad news and conflict sells.
----------------------------------------------------- Petro has got it correct . And concerning hate , naw , no hate from me as that's childish but I do consider the left , dems and many , many 'millennials to be unamerican Enemies of the USA Runvs .

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?
I don't like saying it, but I do think our ends of the spectrum really do hate each other.

Ironically, they share many behaviors, and that probably makes them even more angry.

Personal insults, name-calling, hyperbole, distortion, straw man arguments, tribalism, denial. It's all the same stuff.

Imagine going through life, being so similar in behaviors to those you loathe.

Much of this hatred and distortion is the result of right wing talk radio's villainization, distortions and outright lies about liberals and liberal policy. There is no liberal equivalent to people like Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh, who spout lies and hate toward the right, in the same manner, on a 24/7 basis throughout vast swathes of the country.

We see a lot of the result of this campaign of lies and hate, here, every single day: Things like "Liberals are a plague and should be wiped out for the good of the nation". The characterization of women's rights advocates as "feminazis", and other vicious attacks on any minority that dares stand up for their rights or suggests that their constituency is not getting a fair shake - organizations like "Black Lives Matter".

Lies like "George Soros is the puppetmaster behind the liberal movement in America". No he's not. Soros pretty much donates to organizations he thinks are doing good, and takes no active role in their operation - like Planned Parenthood.

But a lot of that is being posted by Russian trolls. Anyone amassing 10,000 posts per year while claiming to be a 50 something small business owner, is a Russian troll. I'm a retired pensioner and I don't have time to post 10,000 times a year. And during the busy Christmas season, I about stopped posting altogether, trying to fill orders. How can these men run successful businesses and still post 40 times a day?

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?
I don't like saying it, but I do think our ends of the spectrum really do hate each other.

Ironically, they share many behaviors, and that probably makes them even more angry.

Personal insults, name-calling, hyperbole, distortion, straw man arguments, tribalism, denial. It's all the same stuff.

Much of this hatred and distortion is the result of right wing talk radio's villainization, distortions and outright lies about liberals and liberal policy. There is no liberal equivalent to people like Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh, who spout lies and hate toward the right, in the same manner, on a 24/7 basis throughout vast swathes of the country.

We see a lot of the result of this campaign of lies and hate, here, every single day: Things like "Liberals are a plague and should be wiped out for the good of the nation". The characterization of women's rights advocates as "feminazis", and other vicious attacks on any minority that dares stand up for their rights or suggests that their constituency is not getting a fair shake - organizations like "Black Lives Matter".

Lies like "George Soros is the puppetmaster behind the liberal movement in America". No he's not. Soros pretty much donates to organizations he thinks are doing good, and takes no active role in their operation - like Planned Parenthood.

But a lot of that is being posted by Russian trolls. Anyone amassing 10,000 posts per year while claiming to be a 50 something small business owner, is a Russian troll. I'm a retired pensioner and I don't have time to post 10,000 times a year. And during the busy Christmas season, I about stopped posting altogether, trying to fill orders. How can these men run successful businesses and still post 40 times a day?

soros is more the financier of the leftist movement, but controls a lot of the home based terrorist groups like antifa, occupy wall street and several others

How ironic that you would criticize compromise, and then immediately invoke the Constitution, the greatest document written and the product of compromise, collaboration and innovation.
a great example of people to ignore. they're here / exist only to cause disruption.

stop letting them.
so wanting the rule of law and constitution followed is now disruption???

we know how back stabbing liars hate being disrupted

progs need to go back to mother russia where you are welcome

American progs are too far left to be Russian Communists. :eek:

The MEDIA, Entertainment Industry, and Hollywood drives this perception, and is the basis for a lot of problems in the U.S. I don't believe on a PERSONAL level that we hate each other. I do believe we have a huge difference it what we want America to be. The Right wants to remain a Constitutional Republic, where Capitalism, Freedom. Liberty, and personal responsibility, and opportunity drive society. The Left wants big government to Social Engineer to correct perceived past wrongs, drive the economy, and GOVERN/Control people.

We just have a very different vision for what our country should be.

The almost entirely leftist-run media broadcasts a skewed version of reality.

FB_IMG_1546892697905.jpg

----------------------------------------- course the lefty , dem , liberals approve of and advocate abortion and advocate Gun Control and immigration of third worlders into the USA so those 3 lefty goals alone are enough reasons for me and other Americans to view the lefty dem liberals as enemies . And conservative radio is fine , informative and interesting 'Run' . By the way , I think that DragonLady is a 'canadian' so she shouldn't be taken seriously 'Run' .

Sure.
It's the policies you support or suggest that reflect those desired associations that are exclusive.
?????
LOL

when hasnt it,,,as long as they want to be americans they are welcome from anywhere

and like I said there is no muslim ban there is no refugee ban there is no immigrant ban

LOL

There's no defacto immigrant ban on the border now? No stalling of asylum applications?
No crisis?
when you enter a country caring a foreign flag you are an invader not an immigrant,,,and they could have filed for asylum in the own countries without walking 1500 miles but they chose not to

and the bans were to specific countries based on their active terrorist population and not just because they were muslims,,,in fact there are several muslim countries that were not on the list

Sure. :thup:

All conservative policies.

LOL

LOL

No crisis?

Sure. :thup:

All conservative policies.
please be specific.,,,,

----------------------------------------- course the lefty , dem , liberals approve of and advocate abortion and advocate Gun Control and immigration of third worlders into the USA so those 3 lefty goals alone are enough reasons for me and other Americans to view the lefty dem liberals as enemies . And conservative radio is fine , informative and interesting 'Run' . By the way , I think that DragonLady is a 'canadian' so she shouldn't be taken seriously 'Run' .
the republicans just gave 500 million to pay for abortions, they also are the latest to impose gun control, and they are also bringing in 3rd world despots daily

both parties are the same except for speed of destruction

Forum List

Back