quick question for those claiming that because Trump isnt President anymore he couldnt declassify stuff in his possession

I'm sure your incessant crying and slobbering will be taken into account when the smoke clears.

"Your honor, here's the guy that washes the shitstains out of your underwear at the laundromat, he'd like to make a statement."
Is that really the best you have to offer this board?

THE WESTSIDE SMURFS TOOK IT OFF FROM THE JUMP. WILDIN OUT COULD SAY WHEN BUT WHO KNOWS HOW IT GOT THERE? IF YOUNG HADN'T GOTTIN IT OFF YOUTUBE HOW MANY TIMES WOULD YOU DRINK SOME EAGLE PISS . YOU KNOW B! I AINT TRYIN TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO BUT CATCH 10 SPIDERS AND SEE LIKE THE ROSES BLOOM CHITLINS SHALL KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT. I REMEMBER BIG TACO FROM FORT GREEN STARTIN HIP HOP IN 2014 THAT FUCK USED TO ALWAYS KEEP THREE FISHING POLES AND A WHOLE LOTTA SPARK PLUGS FROM SHOOTIN POOL IN JUVENILE. 9TH WARD WAS MADE IN 1768 BY JOHN WAYNE GACY YET HE STILL MANAGED TO GIVE EVERYONE NEW SEAN JOHN AND MANY X-RAYS OF WHALES AND SALMONYESTERDAY I SAW HAMMER AND THEM IN SEATTLE TRYING TO SEE IF NELLY WAS GONNA JUMP OFF THE BRIDGE. I CAN'T CALL IT THOUGH IF MR ROGERS WAS STILL GRINDIN WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS RECESSION. THAT NEW UTFO CD CAME OUT LIKE WE PLANNED 135 SONGS ALL BACKWARDS AND IT COMES WITH THE HELTER SKELTER DVD SET CHARLES MANSON HAS A GUEST FT WITH DR DRE AND REGIS PHILBUN. EVERYDAY WE GO THROUGH THIS MAN I AINT TRYING TO GET A JOB I JUST PUT 9000 HAPPY MEALS ON AN AIRPLANE TO GUAM. ERYKA BAYDU SAID IT BEST 911 IS A JOKE! I AINT BIRTHIN NO BABIES FRESH B MADE ME A SANDWICH OFF 10TH N VINE. LIL WAYNE JUST CAME THRU THAT TARD SAID HE WAS GOING TO NURSING SCHOOL TO LEARN HOW TO USE THE MPC 2000 I HOPE HE GETS IN. SUPERHEAD IS HOSTING AMERICAN GANGSTER THAT OUTTA BE TIGHT KNOWING HER AND ROXXANE SHANTE STARTED BANGIN LATIN KINGS IN 1941. ICE SKATING HAS CHANGED MAN NO MORE DAVEY CROCKET RACCON HATS AND SNARF TOLD LIONEL TO TRADE THE SWORD OF OMENS FOR THAT NEW HONDA PRIUS
FUCK you Bertram

FaITwL6XEAUmoY1
It is evidence

Non-material evidence is returned to the owner

Outside of a few issues, they are the same. Corporate war mongering whores.
Disagree.

Whatever their faults and failings, Democrats are nothing like Republicans – the latter are infinitely worse.

From McCarthy, the Southern Strategy, and Watergate, to the rise of the Christo-fascist right, to the 1/6 rightwing terrorist attack on America’s democracy; the racism, bigotry, and hate; the racist voter suppression and gerrymandering; the anti-immigrant nativism; the attacks on the First Amendment and the attacks on the equal protection rights of gay and transgender Americans; the endless conspiracy theories, misinformation, and lies.

And now the ultimate manifestation of the reprehensible right: Trump.

Wha
“the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years.”

[The above has nothing to do with declassifying documents and the procedures required]

Prior to the PRA, records were considered the President’s private property. Now, the PRA states that presidential records are the property of the United States. Under the PRA, the President may request advice and assistance from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regarding records management practices, and the Archivist of the United States (the head of NARA) plays an important role in the maintenance and access of a former President’s records.

The PRA does not establish automatic access to an incumbent President’s records, which may be protected by executive privilege on a case-by-case basis. However, the PRA does statutorily narrow an incumbent President’s ability to restrict records access as the Administration draws to a close. As the length of time between the conclusion of a presidency and the present day increases, presidential records become more accessible.
Access to a former President’s records is governed in terms of time passed since the conclusion of the presidency:
  •  Less than five years out, no public access is granted due to the Archivist’s processing of the records.
  •  Between five and 12 years out, the Archivist determines PRA restrictions with the former President in accordance with Title 44, Section 2204, of the U.S. Code.
  •  After 12 years, these PRA restrictions no longer apply.
    Certain federal officials may access a former President’s records within the 12-year time frame by gaining “special access” to presidential records. The PRA permits either house of Congress, committees, or subcommittees requesting information for chamber or committee business to be granted special access to the former President’s records. In practice, observers have questioned what constitutes a House or Senate request for presidential records and who needs to make the request to qualify under the PRA. This statutory ambiguity may impact the ability of minority party members and general committee members to gain access to presidential records.
    As a result of the Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014, presidential records are assessed for preservation not by the media used to store the information but rather by the content of the information itself. Questions regarding the volume and completeness of records may be suitable for congressional consideration. Any delay in NARA’s processing of records will directly impact timely access to those records and the ability of NARA to comply with the PRA’s statutory directive to make records available as rapidly and completely as possible.

• https://sgp.fas.org/crs/secrecy/R46129.pdf
How about you state in your own words what your point is?

Please tell us what the exact procedure is the president must follow to declassify records.

I guess I do not. Trump promised to prosecute the wrong Hillary did (and I understand she did) but did not.

Biden did not do the same with Trump and now you are upset. What have I missed?
You seem to not understand that Trump had only one term in office. He was not in office when Bill Clinton stole things from the White House. He did not promise nor did he prosecute 44 for his taking records. But you seem to only be able to read about Hillary s misdeeds. Unfortunately not everything in this world is solely about Hillary and Trump. My point is that there have been numerous thefts from the White House but no one actually prosecuted or raided them in the past. So again this looks like nothing but politics at it worst

As someone who has hated Trump for over 30 years, I would love to see him finally pay for his crimes.

But if his crime turns out to be illegally possessing some FOUO material, I do not want to see him bothered over trivial violations

But if Trump negligently handled our nations secrets and failed to follow even the most basic safeguards……I think he needs to be treated like anyone else and face the same consequences
Unfortunately, Trump will likely escape prosecution – worst case for Trump is some sort of deal absent any penalties, no acknowledgement of guilt or wrongdoing; just another stain on his already sullied reputation to go along with being twice impeached.

Wha

How about you state in your own words what your point is?

Please tell us what the exact procedure is the president must follow to declassify records.
Read the following and let me know what it is that you do not understand.

Where does it say that any Top Secret document, and there were a few at mar O Lago, can be simply "declassified" by the President and taken to mar O Lago, or any other President's home if they so wished.

You do understand the importance of keeping Top Secret documents in the White House, or at the National Archives, right?

Unfortunately, Trump will likely escape prosecution – worst case for Trump is some sort of deal absent any penalties, no acknowledgement of guilt or wrongdoing; just another stain on his already sullied reputation to go along with being twice impeached.

The irreparable harm that you should care about, but don't, is that Americans now trust the entire govt even LESS if that is at all possible. And now, even more Americans.

Dangerous.

Read the following and let me know what it is that you do not understand.

Where does it say that any Top Secret document, and there were a few at mar O Lago, can be simply "declassified" by the President and taken to mar O Lago, or any other President's home if they so wished.

You do understand the importance of keeping Top Secret documents in the White House, or at the National Archives, right?
Per the Supreme Court and article 2 of the constitution. The CIC has the ultimate authority to declassify documents. We went over this already.

He can classify them and declassify them.
Well, when the facts come about the whole thing, you will find out if and when a President can declassify Top Secret documents without anyone having to be made aware of it, and especially keep them with the label Top Secret still on them in a non secure place like Mar O Lago.

Per the Supreme Court and article 2 of the constitution. The CIC has the ultimate authority to declassify documents. We went over this already.
But it does not mean that there are no procedures for that. He can't just think that this document is declassified and it makes it so. He has ultimate authority, but the declassification has to be recorded.

Forum List

Back