Racist groups vs Free Speech, i've converted...

I'm not asking you to act like a secretary. I'm asking you to act like a man and back up what you say. But when I ask direct questions you deflect and give non answers....

So you want schools to teach more accurate history but you don't want to spend any money and you don't know how to do it. Your goal is for people to understand that black people owned slaves in the civil war era because then they wouldn't want to take down conferderate statues.... did I get that right? Because that's what you've told me so far. Can you see why it's difficult to take you seriously?

Maybe you should take a remedial reading class. I said to get back to the basics and truth, throw out the leftist PC and social justice agenda and enforce discipline. It doesn't cost a damn dime.

I get your philosophy and that's fine and dandy but now give me practical application... how do you make it happen? You plan on sending a letter to all the schools and then poof it magically happens? Explain how you roll it out....

Typical child like regressive approach to a problem, poof and things magically happens. In the real world people are made aware of a problem, discuss solutions and build consensus to address it, then they implement the solutions. And yes I've discussed it with my community, local, State and federal elected officials. Also on this and other forums.

So you talk about it in forums. What comes of your plans. How's are your proposed changes implemented and how do they translate to practical results? Youve dodged this like 3 times now

The same way your commie indoctrination was introduced, a little at a time.

There's the 4th dodge. You ever gonna give a real answer? It's becoming quite apparent that you don't have one

All sides have killed millions.

Furthermore much of what is described as 'White Supremacist" was merely just "Greed"

Slavery for example was about greed, it was a business for goodness sake.

But, the elites have brainwashed the idiotic masses into thinking slavery is White Supremacist.

Oh really? When was the last time that a true White Supremacist wanted to import Blacks into his own backyard like Slave-masters did?
Well you had Nazi's chanting about eradicating Jews from our country just last weekend and you have the KKK and other groups fighting for the right to segregate and live in communities and run businesses that only include whites. You don't find that as reprehensible?

What about multiculturalism which will obviously eradicate both Jews, and Whites?

The fact that the love hormone Oxytocin causes racism, morality, generosity, cuddles, love, trust, and honesty.

Then, no I don't think most racists are bad people, I think racists are usually passionate.

Your side seems to be the cold blooded side, who doesn't care about their heritage.
Why is heritage so important to you? My fathers side is English and Scottish and my mothers side is potuguise Spanish and Sicilian. That think that is awesome, I can relate to people from all those countries

So, you don't think it's sad if Scottish, English, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese heritages disappear?
No I don't think it's sad. I think traditions are carried on and celebrated. Heritage expands through time and we all get closer to a more unified HUMAN race. Preserve history and tradition, but don't start war over bloodlines, that's useless.
All asked again, why is heritage so important to you? Is it worth dying for?

You're making vivid that the future inhabitants will care about your history, or will respect your heritage.

I don't necessarily think it's a given that the group that goes onto dominate by numbers will respect the group they replace, which is just how stupid you anti-Racists are.

Because of some kind of stupid equality position, they're willing to bring potential abuse upon their own, and even demise to their own.

That's not normal behavior, that's unfeeling, sub-Human, Psychopathic, idiotic, senseless behavior.

Last edited:
All sides have killed millions.

Furthermore much of what is described as 'White Supremacist" was merely just "Greed"

Slavery for example was about greed, it was a business for goodness sake.

But, the elites have brainwashed the idiotic masses into thinking slavery is White Supremacist.

Oh really? When was the last time that a true White Supremacist wanted to import Blacks into his own backyard like Slave-masters did?
Well you had Nazi's chanting about eradicating Jews from our country just last weekend and you have the KKK and other groups fighting for the right to segregate and live in communities and run businesses that only include whites. You don't find that as reprehensible?

What about multiculturalism which will obviously eradicate both Jews, and Whites?

The fact that the love hormone Oxytocin causes racism, morality, generosity, cuddles, love, trust, and honesty.

Then, no I don't think most racists are bad people, I think racists are usually passionate.

Your side seems to be the cold blooded side, who doesn't care about their heritage.
Why is heritage so important to you? My fathers side is English and Scottish and my mothers side is potuguise Spanish and Sicilian. That think that is awesome, I can relate to people from all those countries

So, you don't think it's sad if Scottish, English, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese heritages disappear?

If a culture has value, its people will keep it alive without help. If they don't, it obviously wasn't worth much.

Just because many in Western society, don't have the will to protect their culture, doesn't mean there's no culture to protect.

All cultures are valuable, some more than others, though.

Judging by achievements Western culture is the most important to save in the World.

No I don't think it's sad. I think traditions are carried on and celebrated. Heritage expands through time and we all get closer to a more unified HUMAN race. Preserve history and tradition, but don't start war over bloodlines, that's useless.

You're making vivid that the future inhabitants will care about your history, or will respect your heritage.

I don't necessarily think it's a given that the group that goes onto dominate by numbers will respect the group they replace, which is just how stupid you anti-Racists are.

Because of some kind of stupid equality position, they're willing to bring potential abuse upon their own, and even demise to their own.

That's not normal behavior, that's unfeeling, sub-Human, Psychopathic, idiotic, senseless behavior.
You still haven't answered my question... Why does it matter to you so much?

by taking down those statues and removing those flags you are basically playing into their persecution complex and giving them nothing but fodder for recruiting more people to their cause.

There is no reason to remove statues or monuments other than some people just feel a sense of butt hurt when they think or look at them. It's the same revulsion I feel when i walk past some nimrod with a Che shirt on. However I don't feel a need to rip the shirt off or yell at them about it. I sneer, shake my head, and KEEP WALKING.
I disagree, that might be the short term play that they will attempt to capitalize on but in the long term it is removing a source of power and supremacy that exists. Many of those statues were constructed during the Jim Crow era as a check to the blacks that the values of the confederacy still exist. Like I said in the OP whether you take them down or minimize them with "counter" statues of civil rights leaders, I think either is a smart move to combat the hate.

The only power being provided is to the white power idiots, giving them a cause and a platform. Most of these were built in the early 1900's, well after the South "won" via plessey. What most of them are related to is the dying off of the Civil War Veterans, most of whom would have been in their 60's-80's between 1900 and 1920, when a lot of these monuments went up. Even the ones that went up in the 60's can be related to the 100th anniversaries of the start and the end of the Civil War

Why not just put up more memorials to Civil Rights leaders and let people see them all? .
Really?? You don't think that Jim Crow had anything to do with it?

It probably had some part to do with it. If you go to the battle of Liberty Square memorial THAT one had everything to do with it. But how much are memorials to the rank and file rebel Soldiers have to do with Jim Crow vs; remembering them as they were dying off of old age?

The big Arch in Grand Army Plaza was finished in 1892, a bit earlier but around the same time period.

Soldiers' and Sailors' Arch - Wikipedia
Thats why each one should be evaluated and decided by the community whether it stands for the things they want represented. History, motive, content are all relevant for discussion. But if the city decides to take them down then why would you object to it. don't they have that right?

The current spate of statues coming down isn't because of a large majority wanting them down, but because politicians are listening to a small very vocal minority.
If you want to go with "the people want them down" set up a referendum on the damn things.

The thing is, no one learns from history. No one. White supremacy as an Leda died with Larry Byrd. They were relegated to a level of coverage y the likes on Montell Williams, Geraldo Oprah and the like. So here we are with a jilted democrat party. They have known since 2008 they were done. Power was slipping. So what do democrats do? Find a sister humping white dude and bring the white Power guys out of the closet and give them a national stage. Line, the white power movement that is you.... again.

I disagree, that might be the short term play that they will attempt to capitalize on but in the long term it is removing a source of power and supremacy that exists. Many of those statues were constructed during the Jim Crow era as a check to the blacks that the values of the confederacy still exist. Like I said in the OP whether you take them down or minimize them with "counter" statues of civil rights leaders, I think either is a smart move to combat the hate.

The only power being provided is to the white power idiots, giving them a cause and a platform. Most of these were built in the early 1900's, well after the South "won" via plessey. What most of them are related to is the dying off of the Civil War Veterans, most of whom would have been in their 60's-80's between 1900 and 1920, when a lot of these monuments went up. Even the ones that went up in the 60's can be related to the 100th anniversaries of the start and the end of the Civil War

Why not just put up more memorials to Civil Rights leaders and let people see them all? .

It probably had some part to do with it. If you go to the battle of Liberty Square memorial THAT one had everything to do with it. But how much are memorials to the rank and file rebel Soldiers have to do with Jim Crow vs; remembering them as they were dying off of old age?

The big Arch in Grand Army Plaza was finished in 1892, a bit earlier but around the same time period.

Thats why each one should be evaluated and decided by the community whether it stands for the things they want represented. History, motive, content are all relevant for discussion. But if the city decides to take them down then why would you object to it. don't they have that right?

The current spate of statues coming down isn't because of a large majority wanting them down, but because politicians are listening to a small very vocal minority.
If you want to go with "the people want them down" set up a referendum on the damn things.

And it will hurt them badly.

It's been a crazy week and i've engaged in many heated discussions about the events of Charlottesville. I have to admit that i've been greatly conflicted about my anti-racist feelings and my support of free speech. I flirted dangerously close in many discussions to promoting the shutdown of speech for white supremacist groups. I saw them as threats, conveyers of hate speech and given their history which has resulted in millions of deaths I was ok with suppressing their speech and shutting down their causes by whatever means necessary. But, I've had a change of heart.

I think we can be smarter than that and not empower these assholes to strip us of our freedoms. It is a slippery slope once you start suppressing speech. We have legal censorship in a variety of areas which i'm fine with, but shutting down groups from holding rallies, having websites and protesting is only going to lead to bad things. Note that I in no way support any provocation of violence or destruction resulting from rallies or protests. If that happens then shut them down immediately and make arrests.

I would promote fighting these douchebags by ignoring them and minimizing them in a SMART way. Don't lower yourself to fight with them and fuel their cause. Take away their statues and flags that empower them in public forums and show them that our communities outright reject their hateful views. Or construct monuments and statues of civil rights leaders next to the confederate statues and tell the story about how we prevailed and fought agains their hate, and WE WON. Ignore their rallies and don't give them the exposure or attention that they crave. Speak louder and stronger for equality.

I still think that the Presidents comments that minimized the ugliness of the Nazi's and White Supremacists were wildly inappropriate. He tried to spread the blame to the left for the anti-protests and it deluded his message of condemnation that should have been crystal clear in opposition of the hate groups. He should have spread the message in a better way to fight against it. I don't want to relitigate Trumps actions in this OP but I did want to share my change of opinion and open up a discussion about productive ways to move forward that combats the hate and preserves our right of free speech.

by taking down those statues and removing those flags you are basically playing into their persecution complex and giving them nothing but fodder for recruiting more people to their cause.

There is no reason to remove statues or monuments other than some people just feel a sense of butt hurt when they think or look at them. It's the same revulsion I feel when i walk past some nimrod with a Che shirt on. However I don't feel a need to rip the shirt off or yell at them about it. I sneer, shake my head, and KEEP WALKING.

The reason to remove the statues is to respect the rule of law. It's the same reason to leave them in place.

Except in most cases its a case of spineless politicians reacting to the shrill cries of a vocal minority, not the majority.

Why should anything on the planet matter?

Might as well blow up the planet with a nuclear bomb, destroying all life.
Because nothing matters.

Well, I'm so sorry, I'm not a Psychopath.

Can you provide information to back up that statement? The reports I've heard, which have mostly been interviews with city mayors have described a process of community discussion, debate, evaluation and ultimately approval by city councils to take down the statues.

The thing is, no one learns from history. No one. White supremacy as an Leda died with Larry Byrd. They were relegated to a level of coverage y the likes on Montell Williams, Geraldo Oprah and the like. So here we are with a jilted democrat party. They have known since 2008 they were done. Power was slipping. So what do democrats do? Find a sister humping white dude and bring the white Power guys out of the closet and give them a national stage. Line, the white power movement that is you.... again.
Are you accusing the DNC of organizing the resurgence of white supremacist groups?

Why should anything on the planet matter?

Might as well blow up the planet with a nuclear bomb, destroying all life.
Because nothing matters.

Well, I'm so sorry, I'm not a Psychopath.
Why can't you answer a simple question? I've asked you serveral times now and you keep diverting with overblown dramatic rhetoric.

To be clear, my arguement to you is that life matters, happiness matters, how we live our lives matter. I don't understand hateful and divisive efforts, especially over something as petty and superficial as race. We are all living together on one planet. Carry on with whatever cultural traditions from your ancestors that you hold dear, instill those values in your children and they will pass them on. But why judge what other people do and spend so much energy spreading such ugliness? What is it about "heritage" that is so important to you?

No more petty empty diversions, answer the question with a thoughtful argument and engage in intellectual debate or stop wasting my time.

Are you accusing the DNC of organizing the resurgence of white supremacist groups?

Yup. Ask me to explain.

Yup. Ask me to explain.
I thought that was implied. And please include some actual evidence or facts not just speculative conspiracy theories...

Yup. Ask me to explain.
I thought that was implied. And please include some actual evidence or facts not just speculative conspiracy theories...

First, you look at their organization. They aren't an organization (ANTIFA) I can't find a website for them in this country, only the U.K. If you look, and I'll include a link so you can see, the rhetoric is the exact same as that as the conspiracy nuts who are regularly quoted by nut jobs on both ends. Being what it is, when you beat ANTIFA on the news in this country it's typically the same people you see at G20 summits burning shit. They even say so in their rhetoric on Facebook, twitter and such. Anyway, if you see ANTIFA you can bet BLM was there, code pink and the rest. This is why the beanie and masks. No Democrat dare disavow them because they fear losing more black votes as
well as white people who are "down with the cause". As for the rhetoric. Let's compare them some,

Alleged ANTIFT hand book.

The Antifa Handbook - 1A

"Antifascists argue that after the horrors of chattel slavery and the Holocaust, physical violence against white supremacists is both ethically justifiable and strategically effective. We should not, they argue, abstractly assess the ethical status of violence in the absence of the values and context behind it. Instead, they put forth an ethically consistent, historically informed argument for fighting Nazis before it’s too late."

Hmmm, so it's by their own admission a fact they exist only to cause trouble.

That said, for the purposes of the discussion, does Antifa have an issue with Jews? Yes, it's plainly on all their rhetoric that's on he well in photos and literature. Can you agree about that?

Yup. Ask me to explain.

First, you look at their organization. They aren't an organization (ANTIFA) I can't find a website for them in this country, only the U.K. If you look, and I'll include a link so you can see, the rhetoric is the exact same as that as the conspiracy nuts who are regularly quoted by nut jobs on both ends. Being what it is, when you beat ANTIFA on the news in this country it's typically the same people you see at G20 summits burning shit. They even say so in their rhetoric on Facebook, twitter and such. Anyway, if you see ANTIFA you can bet BLM was there, code pink and the rest. This is why the beanie and masks. No Democrat dare disavow them because they fear losing more black votes as
well as white people who are "down with the cause". As for the rhetoric. Let's compare them some,

The Antifa Handbook - 1A

"Antifascists argue that after the horrors of chattel slavery and the Holocaust, physical violence against white supremacists is both ethically justifiable and strategically effective. We should not, they argue, abstractly assess the ethical status of violence in the absence of the values and context behind it. Instead, they put forth an ethically consistent, historically informed argument for fighting Nazis before it’s too late."

That said, for the purposes of the discussion, does Antifa have an issue with Jews? Yes, it's plainly on all their rhetoric that's on he well in photos and literature. Can you agree about that?
Where do you see evidence that they have issues with the Jews? Their literature and actions show anti-hate efforts against white supremacists and Nazis. That would show that they are trying and stand up for blacks and Jews.

I don't like their tactics so I won't stand up for the violence and destruction, but they do appear to support the anti-hate causes in their mission statement.

Please explain better why you think they are anti Jew and supporting the white supremacists causes like you claimed.

Yup. Ask me to explain.

The Antifa Handbook - 1A

Where do you see evidence that they have issues with the Jews? Their literature and actions show anti-hate efforts against white supremacists and Nazis. That would show that they are trying and stand up for blacks and Jews.

I don't like their tactics so I won't stand up for the violence and destruction, but they do appear to support the anti-hate causes in their mission statement.

Please explain better why you think they are anti Jew and supporting the white supremacists causes like you claimed.

Gotta hold there. Doing the eclipse with my girl child. Way more fun gen this!

In a fact and intellect based world actions trump thoughts but in a liberal feelings and emotions based world thoughts(speech) trump actions

Yup. Ask me to explain.

The Antifa Handbook - 1A

Gotta hold there. Doing the eclipse with my girl child. Way more fun gen this!
Glad to see you have your priorities straight... I'm fogged in :-/

In a fact and intellect based world actions trump thoughts but in a liberal feelings and emotions based world thoughts(speech) trump actions
How about both speech and actions matter when it comes to our POTUS. It doesn't have to be an either or situation. But yes, in the grand scheme, actions have more impact than speech. You have to also recognize that speech influences action

Forum List

Back