Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?

Why do you feel entitled to other peoples money?

Contain your irrational hatred of the 'rich' lib.

If you punish people for investing like the left wants to do all the time by raising the tax on capital gains
those that have money will not invest....

supply-side-economics-trickle-down-peanuts-cartoon-via-greekshares-dot-com.jpg

RealJobCreators.jpg

"If you punish people for investing like the left wants to do all the time by raising the tax on capital gains
those that have money will not invest...."

Sure, THEY'LL JUST PUT IT UNDER THEIR MATTRESSES RIGHT? lol

STUDY: These Charts Show There's Almost No Correlation Between Tax Rates and GDP

These Charts Show There s Probably No Correlation Between Tax Rates and GDP - Business Insider

Capital Gains Tax Rates and Economic Growth (or not)

If you read the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal (or surf around the nether regions of Forbes.com), you may come to the conclusion that no aspect of tax policy is more important for economic growth than the way we tax capital gains. You’d be wrong

Capital Gains Tax Rates and Economic Growth or not - Forbes
Raise taxes on the rich, tax college savings, raise gasoline taxes, and cut social programs? Or, cut the enormous waste that we all know should be cut? Or, should we do a combination of both? If your answer is to cut waste, what are the most obvious areas of waste that you would cut? If your answer is to raise taxes, what taxes would you increase? Or, what new taxes would you add? If your answer is to raise taxes, where would you use the new revenue? If your answer is to cut waste, where would you use the savings?

I think we can raise taxes while lowering them across the board just by removing all loopholes and deductions. It could be a flat tax or based upon income as we have today. Of course, that would mean a tax system which was simple and you immediately have both the lawyers and the accountants in opposition, not to mention large corporations who would actually have to start paying tax.

The problem with waste is that it really doesn't have much of an impact. People will get up in arms because of a miniscule grant to study squid but will defend monstrous waste in other areas. More than $8 billion in cash just disappeared in Iraq, and I don't mean misspent - I mean disappeared, and no one was held accountable, no congressional committee was formed to investigate, no uproar in the press. Major contractors will underbid projects with the feds and then pump of the cost through cost over runs and no one bats an eye.
Yes, I remember reading about all the money that went missing in Iraq. Yes, defense spending is favoritism, kick-backs, and wasteful beyond words. But, we have many other areas of obvious waste and abuse of tax dollars also. We could save untold multi-$Billions by cutting just the obvious waste.

What waste?
Yer kidding, right?
The amount of money wasted on for example...research to determine the libido of a certain species of birds when high on cocaine.
The total lack of enforcement on the rules governing the issuance of social program payments. In other words, no one is watching where the money for social programs is going.
One such example is the school lunch program. It is a violation of federal law for a school district to make inquiries as to the income eligibility of families whose children are on the program.
When I see people using food stamps or the debit card that permits purchases, get into new or late model vehicles, I see a problem.
When over 50% of the federal budget is spent on social programs, I see a problem.

"When over 50% of the federal budget is spent on social programs, I see a problem."

lol

2010%20Federal%20Revenues%20Pie.png

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3677

Without false premises, distortions and lies, right wingers would have nothing to argue with!

Lets "cut" first and then see where we are. Yes, we do need to grow the economy, but providing self-supporting opportunities that cover all education and skill levels will take care of that.
Sure, list your cuts and how much? Start with the DOD, tons of fat in that. Don't start with Welfare since that isn't money.
WASTE: The care and support of illegal immigrants, foreign aid, projects such as the fence along our southern border, senseless deadly costly wars, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, building mosques on foreign soil, subsidies to Brazilian corn crops, no-bid government contracts, excessive military and defense spending, Medicare and Medicaid fraud, subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, exploring the far reaches of the universe, looking for water on the surface of Mars, bribes paid to North Korea and Iran, excessive government travel, lavish White House parties, lavish vacations for the president and his wife, pork spending, ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Do the math, not the ideology.
The math would take a very long time, a lot of research, and would still show untold multi-$Billions in waste. Maybe even $Trillions. Just what we spend on the care and support of illegal immigrants is in the $Billions. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to see the enormous astronomical waste.
If you won't do the math then you have no right to bitch.
You don't get to issue a homework assignment and declare that your viewpoint is the only correct viewpoint.
it is also incumbent on you to support your assertions as well.
You don't get to have it both ways

If you punish people for investing like the left wants to do all the time by raising the tax on capital gains
those that have money will not invest....

supply-side-economics-trickle-down-peanuts-cartoon-via-greekshares-dot-com.jpg

RealJobCreators.jpg

"If you punish people for investing like the left wants to do all the time by raising the tax on capital gains

STUDY: These Charts Show There's Almost No Correlation Between Tax Rates and GDP

These Charts Show There s Probably No Correlation Between Tax Rates and GDP - Business Insider

If you read the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal (or surf around the nether regions of Forbes.com), you may come to the conclusion that no aspect of tax policy is more important for economic growth than the way we tax capital gains. You’d be wrong

Raise taxes on the rich, tax college savings, raise gasoline taxes, and cut social programs? Or, cut the enormous waste that we all know should be cut? Or, should we do a combination of both? If your answer is to cut waste, what are the most obvious areas of waste that you would cut? If your answer is to raise taxes, what taxes would you increase? Or, what new taxes would you add? If your answer is to raise taxes, where would you use the new revenue? If your answer is to cut waste, where would you use the savings?

I think we can raise taxes while lowering them across the board just by removing all loopholes and deductions. It could be a flat tax or based upon income as we have today. Of course, that would mean a tax system which was simple and you immediately have both the lawyers and the accountants in opposition, not to mention large corporations who would actually have to start paying tax.

The problem with waste is that it really doesn't have much of an impact. People will get up in arms because of a miniscule grant to study squid but will defend monstrous waste in other areas. More than $8 billion in cash just disappeared in Iraq, and I don't mean misspent - I mean disappeared, and no one was held accountable, no congressional committee was formed to investigate, no uproar in the press. Major contractors will underbid projects with the feds and then pump of the cost through cost over runs and no one bats an eye.
Yes, I remember reading about all the money that went missing in Iraq. Yes, defense spending is favoritism, kick-backs, and wasteful beyond words. But, we have many other areas of obvious waste and abuse of tax dollars also. We could save untold multi-$Billions by cutting just the obvious waste.

What waste?
Yer kidding, right?
The amount of money wasted on for example...research to determine the libido of a certain species of birds when high on cocaine.
The total lack of enforcement on the rules governing the issuance of social program payments. In other words, no one is watching where the money for social programs is going.
One such example is the school lunch program. It is a violation of federal law for a school district to make inquiries as to the income eligibility of families whose children are on the program.
When I see people using food stamps or the debit card that permits purchases, get into new or late model vehicles, I see a problem.
When over 50% of the federal budget is spent on social programs, I see a problem.

"When over 50% of the federal budget is spent on social programs, I see a problem."

lol

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households mdash Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Without false premises, distortions and lies, right wingers would have nothing to argue with!
HUH?...Who said anything about revenue?
Genius...24% goes to Social Security. That should be ZERO because the system is set up to be revenue neutral. Instead, due to federal irresponsibility, money is taken from SS payroll deductions and spent elsewhere.
22% goes to CHIP medicaid and medicare......
12% to other social safety net programs.
Adds up to?.......58%....
Policy Basics Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go mdash Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I hear crickets.

Last edited:
Lower taxes on everyone, especially thr cih (progressive taxation is completely unfair, everyone should be taxed at the same rate ala a flat tax.)

Implement mandatory conservation, recycling, and more efficient versions of things. It's absurd we tax more rather than cutting back even if that means draconian laws 'encouraging' it. Can't build new power generating plants everytime existing supply can't meet the deamnd - you cut back usage and the demand. Otherwise it's like raising the debt ceiling every year instead of capping it and facing the music at long last.
I also believe in taxing everyone at the same rate. And, I believe that having a sales tax that covers all taxation is way better than what we have now.

All taxation is just legalized theft by the government. Suppose it's a necessary evil though. Though I'd lvoe to see what happens when there are no taxes at all. Bet there's less wars...:) But it seems to me if we tax more successful people a higher percentage then that's just punishing that success and is thus unfair. Also, there seems to be a lot of overlap with taxes. If you tax a set amount once, then taxing it again is also unfair. Yet that's exactly what we do with federal, state, and local taxes taxing the same fixed amount multiple times.

We tax earnings.
Then we tax what remains again at the state level.
Then we tax that remainder a third time locally.
Then we tax it yet again, a fourth time if you dare to actually spend any of it via Sales Tax.
And we don't stop there. You get taxed additional times if you invest in others and are actually successful. Get taxed if you dare die and have a balance remaining.

We're awfully taxed for a supposedly free coutnry. This is the only area I'm aware of I actually agree with the Tea Partiers. :)

So having the record wealth inequality is not enough, you want more.

Even the the rich are worried:
At Davos rising income inequality worries some billionaires too - CSMonitor.com

So drink the kool-aid...
I will do this for you.....The views written in this link are the opinion of the person that stated/wrote them.
Wealth inequality is a fallacy. The reason is that the idea presupposes the notion that wealth SHOULD be equal.

"The reason is that the idea presupposes the notion that wealth SHOULD be equal."

Who believes that? Besides the right ridiculous false premises?

Because under current tax rates, there's no reason for the 1% to not continue to pay themselves hundreds of times what the average family earns, even if some of the loopholes go away.

The reason we had more equality of income back in the 1950's through the 1970's is that the 1% couldn't keep the money they gave themselves. When high earner's income went into the 70% margin rate (or the 91% rate under Ike), they were simply paying more taxes. No board of directors would okay increases in CEO wages because most of it would go to the IRS. Cap gains rates were also higher. Paying yourself a big salary or bonus was worthless if you couldn't keep it.

taxmageddon.png

What waste?
Yer kidding, right?

lol

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households mdash Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

To dumb to get the FALSE premise that over 50% of spending goes to 'social' spending, yet over 40% of federal revenues ARE for social spending SPECIFICALLY? lol

Lower taxes on everyone, especially thr cih (progressive taxation is completely unfair, everyone should be taxed at the same rate ala a flat tax.)

Implement mandatory conservation, recycling, and more efficient versions of things. It's absurd we tax more rather than cutting back even if that means draconian laws 'encouraging' it. Can't build new power generating plants everytime existing supply can't meet the deamnd - you cut back usage and the demand. Otherwise it's like raising the debt ceiling every year instead of capping it and facing the music at long last.
I also believe in taxing everyone at the same rate. And, I believe that having a sales tax that covers all taxation is way better than what we have now.

All taxation is just legalized theft by the government. Suppose it's a necessary evil though. Though I'd lvoe to see what happens when there are no taxes at all. Bet there's less wars...:) But it seems to me if we tax more successful people a higher percentage then that's just punishing that success and is thus unfair. Also, there seems to be a lot of overlap with taxes. If you tax a set amount once, then taxing it again is also unfair. Yet that's exactly what we do with federal, state, and local taxes taxing the same fixed amount multiple times.

We tax earnings.
Then we tax what remains again at the state level.
Then we tax that remainder a third time locally.
Then we tax it yet again, a fourth time if you dare to actually spend any of it via Sales Tax.
And we don't stop there. You get taxed additional times if you invest in others and are actually successful. Get taxed if you dare die and have a balance remaining.

We're awfully taxed for a supposedly free coutnry. This is the only area I'm aware of I actually agree with the Tea Partiers. :)

So having the record wealth inequality is not enough, you want more.

Even the the rich are worried:
At Davos rising income inequality worries some billionaires too - CSMonitor.com

So drink the kool-aid...
I will do this for you.....The views written in this link are the opinion of the person that stated/wrote them.
Wealth inequality is a fallacy. The reason is that the idea presupposes the notion that wealth SHOULD be equal.
I certainly don't believe that wealth should be equal. I think it's impossible to reach equal wealth.

Legalize hemp products and tax them. Cut wasteful spending on the police to enforce the ban on hemp. Cut wasteful spending on prisons. So the answer is both.
I agree with the use of hemp. However, there are lobbyists in Washington that have the ear of legislators that have a vested interest in keeping the status quo. That is no competition for synthetic yarns and fabrics.

What waste?
Yer kidding, right?

lol

To dumb to get the FALSE premise that over 50% of spending goes to 'social' spending, yet over 40% of federal revenues ARE for social spending SPECIFICALLY? lol
What, do you want fucking start some personal shit here? Look, pal I didn't call you any names or insult you.
Best advice I can give here is don't fuck with me.

What waste?
Yer kidding, right?

lol

What, do you want fucking start some personal shit here? Look, pal I didn't call you any names or insult you.

projected-mandatory-discretionary-interest.png

presidents-proposed-discretionary-spending.png

presidents-proposed-mandatory-spending.png

We should not be funding wasteful unnecessary wars like that ass wipe Bush got us into ...what a waste of trillions eh conservatives ....way to go ....

Apparently we have to remind you again how many Democrats voted for the Iraq war, eat it.
Less than voted against it. But it was about giving President Bush the decider. If Iraq posed a continuing threat to us, (the worlds remaining superpower), or if they were involved in the 911 attacks. Neither were true.
No excuses. Those gentlemen and gentleladies voted FOR it...Period. Done. End of story. No "yeah buts".

Yer kidding, right?

lol

Wow...I post a link stating what WAS spent and how it was spent.. You posted a link for a presidential proposal....

What waste?
Yer kidding, right?

lol

Sorry, didn't realize you were the low informed rights resident internet tough guy Bubba, lol

Raising taxes on the working poor and middle class while lowering taxes on the wealthy is a disaster in the making. And that's what happens under the poorly named "fair" tax or flat tax. The wealthy would see their marginal rate cut in half while the working poor and middle class would be burdened with a greater tax than ever.

For, you see, the middle class and the working poor do most of the spending in this country. Consumer spending drives 70% of the economic action. The wealthy, who could never spend at the rate the middle class spends. The wealthy sequesters their wealth in off shore accounts and use the multitude of tax loopholes to dodge their obligations as tax payers.

If you want a vibrant economy, bring back the middle class and let their disposable income propel us to greater heights. If you want a flaccid economy that continues to shelter the rich, implement a flat tax.

Last edited:

lol

Wow...I post a link stating what WAS spent and how it was spent.. You posted a link for a presidential proposal....

Do you HONESTLY 'think' (and from your posts, no you don't) the proposal and budget are off by more than 1% total? lol

MoRoooooN

We should not be funding wasteful unnecessary wars like that ass wipe Bush got us into ...what a waste of trillions eh conservatives ....way to go ....

Apparently we have to remind you again how many Democrats voted for the Iraq war, eat it.
Less than voted against it. But it was about giving President Bush the decider. If Iraq posed a continuing threat to us, (the worlds remaining superpower), or if they were involved in the 911 attacks. Neither were true.
No excuses. Those gentlemen and gentleladies voted FOR it...Period. Done. End of story. No "yeah buts".
Bush lied and thousands died plus we lost trillions.....

I don't get what you Repubs think you are gaining when you talk about how some Dems bought the bullshit the Bush and Co. were selling in the effort to go to war. Every day people like you claim how stupid the Democrats are. And here they put their stupidity on display by voting FOR war with Iraq. And you claim their stupid vote as your own. But act like it means something. It means these Dems were as stupid as the Repubs who voted for it.
And you support the Repubs but not the Dems. Seems like you should hold the Dems up as some sort of fine patriots for helping the Repubs in getting us into that Iraq war.

It's funny as shit and makes no sense.

As PT Barmun said (at least I think It was PT) there is a sucker born every minute. And the vote for the war in Iraq was full of suckers. Just like you were sucked into supporting a bullshit war of invasion. Sold to us by Bush and CO..Voted for by both Dems and Repubs. Stupidity strikes again.

Bush lied and thousands died plus we lost trillions.....

And no one even got a blow job out of it, THAT'S what really bothers righties about the 60% of Dems not supporting their war of choice in Congress

I don't get what you Repubs think you are gaining when you talk about how some Dems bought the bullshit the Bush and Co. were selling in the effort to go to war. Every day people like you claim how stupid the Democrats are. And here they put their stupidity on display by voting FOR war with Iraq. And you claim their stupid vote as your own. But act like it means something. It means these Dems were as stupid as the Repubs who voted for it.
And you support the Repubs but not the Dems. Seems like you should hold the Dems up as some sort of fine patriots for helping the Repubs in getting us into that Iraq war.

It's funny as shit and makes no sense.

As PT Barmun said (at least I think It was PT) there is a sucker born every minute. And the vote for the war in Iraq was full of suckers. Just like you were sucked into supporting a bullshit war of invasion. Sold to us by Bush and CO..Voted for by both Dems and Repubs. Stupidity strikes again.

What PT actually said

"P. T. Barnum . . . The worst part about elephants is cleaning-up their messes"

First, total transparency. Only when the taxpayers can get an accurate and clear picture of exactly where the money is going and who is routing it to their own pockets will we be able to agree on what is waste and what is not.
No more omnibus spending bills larded up with hidden riders and special interest spending that doesn't relate to the bill. Each federal department should have its own spending bill with items relating only to it. We pay a lot to keep Washington in session, let them earn it by understanding and hashing out where the money is to actually go. No more obamadon'tcare carp rammed through at the last minute. No more stool sample "we have to pass it to see what's in it" garbage.

Next, all spending bills must be posted openly online at least a week before they are voted on. Give the citizens a chance to educate themselves if they wish and make their voices heard.

Next, every spending bill must cite the Constitutional language permitting Congress to spend the money.

These steps by themselves wouldn't cut spending OR raise taxes. What they WOULD do is let the citizens see what's going on and would ultimately bring pressure to bring the budget in line. Let people see how much money is spent on a "bridge to nowhere", or outhouses on Skyline Drive, or massaging rabbits, etc.
I'll go one step, further. No more amendments to bills. This idea of attaching unrelated issues( pork barrel spending, pet legislation that has no chance of ever being passed on its own) to bills before they come to a vote. No more "poison pill" amendments.

Sounds good to me.

Forum List

Back