Rape Victims Who Choose The Babies Life Over Politics

The study from the OPs link was done in the 1970s. That's probably why.
In the interest of full disclosure, my link is a study from 1997. It was honestly the first that came up on Google that I deemed non-political.

My main issue is that the conclusions are so different (300 percent) and the website has an obvious anti-abortion lean. That I have a hard time not being extremely skeptical.

In the interest of full disclosure, my link is a study from 1997. It was honestly the first that came up on Google that I deemed non-political.

My main issue is that the conclusions are so different (300 percent) and the website has an obvious anti-abortion lean. That I have a hard time not being extremely skeptical.
Yea I saw your study was done in the 90s so I wouldn't be surprised to see wildly different results from that one today either. The culture has shifted a lot on abortion and rape since the these studies. In the 90s it was still legal in some States for husband's to rape their wives. We were all about shaming women as a culture for expressing any bit of autonomy.

I repeatedly hear the political propaganda that all rape victims seek and want abortions. That is a bigoted stereotype.

I was very surprised to find out that the majority of women who have babies from being raped are very happy and less traumatized then those forced, coerced, or choosed abortion.

Many people assume that pregnant rape victims want abortions, and that if they aren’t able to get them, their lives are ruined, and their babies become a constant reminder of the rape. However, no less than three studies have found otherwise.

Thres studies! Woman do better having the baby after a rape!

Here is another great part in the article!
93% of the rape victims who aborted said they would not recommend abortion to someone in the same situation. Only 7% felt that abortion was a good solution in cases of rape. In addition, 43% said that they felt pressured to choose abortion by their family and/or by abortion workers.

Democrats always telling us what to think are again proven wrong, by the victims they claim they are trying to help.

Democrats intentions always destroy.
Women birth rape babies a lot more than many realize.

Yea I saw your study was done in the 90s so I wouldn't be surprised to see wildly different results from that one today either. The culture has shifted a lot on abortion and rape since the these studies. In the 90s it was still legal in some States for husband's to rape their wives. We were all about shaming women as a culture for expressing any bit of autonomy.
In my book the OP is simply another illustration of the intellectual dishonesty rampant on this topic.

Something that prevents any meaningful debate on it.

Choice or not, many don't want to kill their baby. Does that hurt your genitalia?
Nope. That's the "choice" bit of being pro-choice.

Nobody should be forced to have an abortion. In fact, not having abortions is preferable in most cases, in my opinion.

But it's an opinion I have, not to be mistaken by a willingness to force people to adhere to that opinion.

I don't pretend to know in any way how to tell a woman, let alone a rape victim, to act in a particular way towards an unwanted pregnancy.

And I think that anybody who does is wrong.

Last edited:
Does your doctor know you are off your medications?

Let's put other "rights" up for state decision.

Let's put your right to own a gun up to a state decision. If a state wants to ban gun ownership, it should be allowed to do so, right? The Second Amendment is about militias, and militias are the province of the state.
They've already trampled the ever loving shit out of that one. Probably the worst example you could have chosen...

I had four kids yet support the liberty of the individual you know free will, something you people want the state to control.
Yet you ignore the free will of the unborn. Additionally I'd be more than happy for the state to butt out. I think there are more than enough folks willing to kill baby murderers. The state just gets in the way...

Forum List

Back