Re-Evaluating Newt..

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/09/obama-to-stepha/

But Obama said he’ll only support such a government takeover if shareholders and executives of Fannie and Freddie don’t profit from it. "We are not bailing out shareholders and investors and management," Obama said. "They were making a lot of money because of the lack of regulation. All those profits were private. We don’t want to make all those losses suddenly public and they get away without taking a haircut."

Tsk tsk Barry.. and you just approved BILLIONS in bonuses.. taxpayer money at that..

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ama-to-stepha/

But Obama said he’ll only support such a government takeover if shareholders and executives of Fannie and Freddie don’t profit from it. "We are not bailing out shareholders and investors and management," Obama said. "They were making a lot of money because of the lack of regulation. All those profits were private. We don’t want to make all those losses suddenly public and they get away without taking a haircut."

Tsk tsk Barry.. and you just approved BILLIONS in bonuses.. taxpayer money at that..

Newt's just pulled ahead of Romney in the Fox News Poll.

You should run for the GOP nomination.

At the rate candidates are climbing to the top of the polls then collapsing, you'll be at the front of the pack in about a month.

Awwww, you upset people are finally getting wise to the Weird Mormon Robot really being a liberal?

The comparison of Obama's support for FM and FM to Newt's spin about his lobbying fees from them is idiotic.

The GOP is the party that hates FM and FM. The GOP is the party that talks about family values. When liberals point and laugh at your flavor of the month-Newt Gingrich-they aren't complaining about your choice. They find it funny. That you find all this good in Newt is a sign of desperation.

Newt may be your nominee. That doesn't change his history.

The comparison of Obama's support for FM and FM to Newt's spin about his lobbying fees from them is idiotic.

The GOP is the party that hates FM and FM. The GOP is the party that talks about family values. When liberals point and laugh at your flavor of the month-Newt Gingrich-they aren't complaining about your choice. They find it funny. That you find all this good in Newt is a sign of desperation.

"Newt may be your nominee. That doesn't change his history."... that draws a comparison..

You seem to be forgetting Obama's history.. it's hardly stellar, in fact, it's quite pathetic if you haven't noticed..no matter how many peculiar excuses you're fed and relay..:lol:

Last edited:

Yes, you find it so funny you've been whining about Newt for what, a couple of weeks now? Herman Cain has come and gone in the time you've been whining about him in this thread alone.

I think there is a difference between asking for advice before things went bad on how to navigate washington, and insisting on paying these execs their huge salaries AFTER the taxpayers have been on the hook.

Obama's support is worse. If you accept the premise the banks and lenders are the problem, Obama has let them continue with business as usual. It's like the recession never happened.

"Newt may be your nominee. That doesn't change his history."... that draws a comparison..

You seem to be forgetting Obama's history.. it's hardly stellar, in fact, it's quite pathetic if you haven't noticed..no matter how many peculiar excuses you're fed and relay..:lol:

And yet you fail to articulate it....:)

Again, you're the party that promotes family values, and you're the party giving a good look at a serial adulterer.

You're the party that hates FM, and you're giving a look at a man who was their paid lobbyist.

It's just funny.

Sorry.

Yes, you find it so funny you've been whining about Newt for what, a couple of weeks now? Herman Cain has come and gone in the time you've been whining about him in this thread alone.

I think there is a difference between asking for advice before things went bad on how to navigate washington, and insisting on paying these execs their huge salaries AFTER the taxpayers have been on the hook.

Obama's support is worse. If you accept the premise the banks and lenders are the problem, Obama has let them continue with business as usual. It's like the recession never happened.

You had to search around for a word to even attempt to justify this dishonest criticism. I've told you since the beginning of this thread that the idea of Newt as your nominee is funny. I've never whined. I've asked to you PLEASE run Newt as your nominee. Go for it. He may be your nominee, he may be [God forbid] elected. But he will still be a joke.

Banks and lenders were the reason behind the mortgage crisis. This is not a premise, this is something that we know. Laws and agencies are required to supervise Wall Street transactions so that the Wall Street players are kept honest. During this administration, a tentative step in that direction has been taken.

You had to search around for a word to even attempt to justify this dishonest criticism. I've told you since the beginning of this thread that the idea of Newt as your nominee is funny. I've never whined. I've asked to you PLEASE run Newt as your nominee. Go for it. He may be your nominee, he may be [God forbid] elected. But he will still be a joke.

Banks and lenders were the reason behind the mortgage crisis. This is not a premise, this is something that we know. Laws and agencies are required to supervise Wall Street transactions so that the Wall Street players are kept honest. During this administration, a tentative step in that direction has been taken.

Horseshit. There are plenty of laws on the books already. And you can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. Maybe you won't send them to prison for life, but a nice night in maximum security with Bubba the Serial Killer sodomizing them would do some of these bankers a world of good.

But how many have Holder and Obama indicted. You know, when they weren't handing guns over to Mexicna drug cartels.

Fact is, Obama is as in bed with these big bankers as anyone else. Let's look at the list of his top donors in 2008.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

YOu seee a pattern here, spanky? Obama is in bed deep with the big banks as anyone else.

And yet you fail to articulate it....:)

Again, you're the party that promotes family values, and you're the party giving a good look at a serial adulterer.

You're the party that hates FM, and you're giving a look at a man who was their paid lobbyist.

It's just funny.

Sorry.

That's it.. you're off my Christmas list..

So lets see, you want to place Republicans on a moral pedestal when you don't actually believe it, ..:cuckoo:..then bludgeoned them for being on an imaginary pedestal that you've created ..:lol:

Golly and what happened to Democrats believing soo whole heartedly in protection of a politicians personal life...gads flippy floppy, I can't keep up with your solid principals..:lol:

Last edited:
And we're off in another direction! You're tough to follow sometimes, Joe. I thought we were talking about Newt's lobbying fees. As in your party would seem to have a problem with it.

There aren't enough laws on the books dealing with financial transactions, because some of what happened in the mortgage crisis was legal.

The banking system is in need of reform.

Obama is too beholden to Wall Street for donations. I hear that they're less enthusiastic about him this time. ;)

Thats it.. you're off my Christmas list..

<grin

So lets see, you want to place Republicans on a moral pedestal when you don't actually believe in, ..:cuckoo:..then bludgeoned them for being on an imaginary pedestal that you've created ..:lol:

Golly and what happened to Democrats believing soo whole heartedly in protection of a politicians personal life...gads flippy floppy, I can't keep up with your solid principals..:lol:

You are being dense. I am not placing anyone on a pedestal. I am not bludgeoning Newt. I am not saying that Newt is disqualified by his serial marriages or his lobbying career.

I am laughing at GOP inconstancy.

This is not that complicated, if you're interested in understanding. :eusa_angel:

Well .. Good morning... I'm off to bed.... Lotsa laughs today...

<grin

So lets see, you want to place Republicans on a moral pedestal when you don't actually believe in, ..:cuckoo:..then bludgeoned them for being on an imaginary pedestal that you've created ..:lol:

You are being dense. I am not placing anyone on a pedestal. I am not bludgeoning Newt. I am not saying that Newt is disqualified by his serial marriages or his lobbying career.

This is not that complicated, if you're interested in understanding. :eusa_angel:

"Dense".. I prefer complicated actually...:eusa_hand:

It's good to laugh...and thanks, I find you quite amusing...

I'm thinking you don't necessarily know what your thinking with any consistency...

zzz time...

Last edited:

<grin

It's good to laugh...and thanks, I find you quite amusing...

I'm thinking you don't necessarily know what your thinking with any consistency...

zzz time...

I'm thinking your feelings are hurt cause I laughed at Newt, and you're hunting around for a way to get back.

Pubs have gotten themselves in this mess because they are such ideologues.

Which is why I'm neither a Pub nor an ideologue. :eusa_angel:

Compromise is life. People are imperfect. The far right has demanded that their candidates be uncompromising and that they be perfect ideologues, and as a result, they have a clown car of candidates, and that does include Romney.

Again, as I've been saying for pages...run Newt. Go for it.

And we're off in another direction! You're tough to follow sometimes, Joe.

Only hard for you, Rain Man. I mean, are you like some kind of special retard that you can't see that when the banking industry is giving the Community Organizer millions of dollars, they aren't going to be that worried about laws or enforcement?

I thought we were talking about Newt's lobbying fees. As in your party would seem to have a problem with it.

Well,that's what YOU want to talk about. I don't care. Especially since he didn't actually do any lobbying.

There aren't enough laws on the books dealing with financial transactions, because some of what happened in the mortgage crisis was legal.

The banking system is in need of reform.

Obama is too beholden to Wall Street for donations. I hear that they're less enthusiastic about him this time. ;)

It's not in need of reform, it's in need of enforcement.

You can write all the laws you want. And the banks will hire clever accountants and clever lawyers to get around them. And why not? They know they won't ever be prosecuted. Not when they OWN the politicians.

And you know what, we all kind of want it that way. If we really had banks that only loaned to people who could pay it back, none of us would get car loans, mortgages or credit cards.

Forum List

Back