Real U.S. Wages Are Essentially Back at 1974 Levels

How is Trump trying to change the wage discrepancy?

Keep in mind, it is not what Trump says, it is what he does and doesn't do.

1. Reducing immigration/deporting illegals, to reduce labor supply.

2. Trade policy moving jobs, especially manufacturing jobs, back to the US, to increase demand.

3. Tax cuts, regulation cuts to spur economy, and increase demand.

Increase demand, reduce supply, prices rise.

The price for labor, is wages.
Unemployment is really low, why are wages not increasing?
Wages increase based on merit not statistics. In competitive industries wages are negotiated.
And? Wages are stagnant and that is bad. Typically with low unemployment wages increase, that isn't happening now. Something is broke.
If you feel you are underpaid demand a wage or get a different job.

I fail to see the problem beyond the fact that you seem to want something for nothing.
I'm doing quite well gramps. But the country isn't. Stagnant wages during low unemployment is not normal and unhealthy for an economy.

Wages have been stagnant for 40 years. Trump is the one trying to change the factors that led to that.

You people are the ones that want to keep trade and immigration policy the same.

What part of that makes sense to you?

2. Trade policy moving jobs, especially manufacturing jobs, back to the US, to increase demand.

I'm not sure. I have some theories, but I've seen no data to provide solid answers as of yet.
Me neither, but it's definitely a problem. Isn't trump reducing immigration? He's certainly doing his tariffs and he gave lots of tax cuts. Unemployment really low and wages still stagnant. Not good. It should make you question your theories.

Wages increase based on merit not statistics. In competitive industries wages are negotiated.
And? Wages are stagnant and that is bad. Typically with low unemployment wages increase, that isn't happening now. Something is broke.

Is the answer to keep moving jobs offshore and keep importing more and more Third World labor?
I think one answer would be to heavily tax offshored jobs like IT and CS. India has a lot of our jobs, yet they seem untouched in all the trump talk. Why is that? They may have done more damage than China. Look at how many jobs are now there and how many of them have come here to work.

So, let's reverse the policies that led to that.

LefTard Logic:
“We can foster ALL of Mexico’s desperate, low iQ filth and still have high wages...don’t ask us how we arrive at that position....DAMNIT, that’s what we want.”

RightTard illogic: We can continue to allow undocumented workers to be hired by LLC's, small businesses, home owners and even corporations without sanctions.

These enterprises need to be prosecuted for a felony, when they hire an undocumented worker. And, pay restitution and pay a fine up to $10,000 for avoiding the collection of payroll taxes and paying for Worker's Compensation Insurance. The owners and upper management (including CEO's, CFO's and members of the Board of Directors) need to spend some time in prison (not county jail).

Your call for it to be a felony is so that you can have desperate single mothers arrested for hiring an illegal babysitter and then smear Republicans as "heartless",

YOu are not fooling anyone.

LOL, Your ability to read and comprehend explains why you are what you are, i.e. ignorant. Look up the meaning of the word ENTERPRISE and you will see 99% of those who hire undocumented workers are seeking to exploit them:

SEE: enterprises meaning - Google Search

“Exploit them”
Huh...WTF?
It’s all your Loony friends who brag nonstop about how cheap they’ll work, how they’ll do those jobs no decent human will do, how they won’t complain about conditions and why we NEED them for said reasons....Who’s really trying to “exploit” them?

I was not addressing you, I addressed the ignorance of Correll - as I expressed in my recent PM to you, your ignorance is not willful.

Is the answer to keep moving jobs offshore and keep importing more and more Third World labor?
I think one answer would be to heavily tax offshored jobs like IT and CS. India has a lot of our jobs, yet they seem untouched in all the trump talk. Why is that? They may have done more damage than China. Look at how many jobs are now there and how many of them have come here to work.

The answer may be that Trump, Jr. and Trump's son-in-law want to build in India. It's one more example of the Trump crime family and their interest in making money.

Some things are cheaper than they were back in the 70s, labor being one of them.

So what if you don’t live as well as your parents did. At least the billionaires got their tax cuts and that’s what really matters for a healthy economy.

So, let's reverse the policies that led to that.

LefTard Logic:
“We can foster ALL of Mexico’s desperate, low iQ filth and still have high wages...don’t ask us how we arrive at that position....DAMNIT, that’s what we want.”

RightTard illogic: We can continue to allow undocumented workers to be hired by LLC's, small businesses, home owners and even corporations without sanctions.

These enterprises need to be prosecuted for a felony, when they hire an undocumented worker. And, pay restitution and pay a fine up to $10,000 for avoiding the collection of payroll taxes and paying for Worker's Compensation Insurance. The owners and upper management (including CEO's, CFO's and members of the Board of Directors) need to spend some time in prison (not county jail).

Your call for it to be a felony is so that you can have desperate single mothers arrested for hiring an illegal babysitter and then smear Republicans as "heartless",

YOu are not fooling anyone.

LOL, Your ability to read and comprehend explains why you are what you are, i.e. ignorant. Look up the meaning of the word ENTERPRISE and you will see 99% of those who hire undocumented workers are seeking to exploit them:

SEE: enterprises meaning - Google Search

99% huh? That is a rectal number attached to a vague term.

My point stands. YOu are not really looking for ways to make an example to force compliance.

YOu want to create poster children for your agenda of UNDERMINING border security and immigration enforcement.

Wages have been stagnant for 40 years. Trump is the one trying to change the factors that led to that.

You people are the ones that want to keep trade and immigration policy the same.

What part of that makes sense to you?

I'm not sure. I have some theories, but I've seen no data to provide solid answers as of yet.
Me neither, but it's definitely a problem. Isn't trump reducing immigration? He's certainly doing his tariffs and he gave lots of tax cuts. Unemployment really low and wages still stagnant. Not good. It should make you question your theories.

Question the Law of Supply and Demand?

It will take more than a single year to get me there.

When is the last time you questioned YOUR theories?

I agree that should be on the agenda. Perhaps you should write your congerssmen to get them started. I would expect that if something like that crossed his desk, Trump would sign it.

I am currently questioning them, which is why I am not offering answers. I would have said if unemployment goes down this low wages would increase. That's not happening.

I agree that should be on the agenda. Perhaps you should write your congerssmen to get them started. I would expect that if something like that crossed his desk, Trump would sign it.
I'm not sure, it's rather confusing that it is never talked about really. Like they have some special hush deal...

I am currently questioning them, which is why I am not offering answers. I would have said if unemployment goes down this low wages would increase. That's not happening.

It could be something as simple as inertia among a managerial class that has forgotten how to do their fucking jobs.

It could just be the drag caused by tens of millions of illegal third world workers.

It could be Deep State asshole in the government, lying to hide good news until after the mid terms.

It could be something as simple as inertia among a managerial class that has forgotten how to do their fucking jobs.

It could just be the drag caused by tens of millions of illegal third world workers.

It could be Deep State asshole in the government, lying to hide good news until after the mid terms.
I don't yet know what it is. We've had plenty of illegal immigrants for a long time and low unemployment has always triggered increases in wages. I do hope somebody figures out what the issue is soon.

I'm not sure, it's rather confusing that it is never talked about really. Like they have some special hush deal...

YOu say trade, people think exports and imports. Services are more subtle.

There is no reason to be confused about that. Politicians generally keep it simple, and Trump more than most.

But he is not the whole of the government. Contact your congressman.

There is no reason to be confused about that. Politicians generally keep it simple, and Trump more than most.

But if looking to bring back jobs, isn't it really the best place to start? Countries with low wages will always have an advantage in manufacturing. IT and CS jobs are more skilled. I sure don't enjoy dealing with the language barrier when I have to deal with them so US workers have quite an advantage.

I don't yet know what it is. We've had plenty of illegal immigrants for a long time and low unemployment has always triggered increases in wages. I do hope somebody figures out what the issue is soon.

Really? Everything I've seen is that we have had high levels of Third World immigration, legal and illegal, since the 60s, and not long after that, is when the generations long wage stagnation began.

But if looking to bring back jobs, isn't it really the best place to start? Countries with low wages will always have an advantage in manufacturing. IT and CS jobs are more skilled. I sure don't enjoy dealing with the language barrier when I have to deal with them so US workers have quite an advantage.

Starting is more important that arguing the best place to start.

Trump has started. We can quibble over whether his priorities are exactly right.

Or we can push to add items to the agenda.

You want to see it addressed? Contact your congressman.

Really? Everything I've seen is that we have had high levels of Third World immigration, legal and illegal, since the 60s, and not long after that, is when the generations long wage stagnation began.
If we've had it since the 60s, then we should also have had stagnation since the 60s. That's not true.

If we've had it since the 60s, then we should also have had stagnation since the 60s. That's not true.

Maybe it took a while for the negative impact to reverse healthy trends.

Eh, I don't really think it has anything to do with illegal immigration.

Eh, I don't really think it has anything to do with illegal immigration.

NOt sure why you make a big distinction.

Legal and Illegal immigration flooded the labor market with tens of millions of extra workers.

And wages stagnated.

As to be expected according to the Law of Supply and Demand.

Forum List

Back