Real U.S. Wages Are Essentially Back at 1974 Levels

You mean thanks to people who take menial jobs and expect to make a career out of it

With exception of degreed/certificated jobs, aren't ALL other jobs "menial?"
Haha you're one of those idiots that thinks you need a college degree or some piece of paper to succeed eh?

Uninformed Elitist Douchebage comes to mind...

Anyone who thinks they need to be "papered" like a purebred dog to excel at life or work is an idiot.

OK, ALL jobs are low-level menial except for degreed/certificated jobs. Physician vs. Truck Driver.

An "Uninformed Elitist Douchebag" is a perfect description of tRump.

Since 1978, and adjusted for inflation, American workers have seen an 11.2 percent increase in compensation. During that same period, CEO's have seen a 937 percent increase in earnings.

CEOs make $15.6 million on average—here’s how much their pay has increased compared to yours

This is so bogus as to be a fraud!

Your biased piece flat out misrepresents the TRUTH. Why LIE?

From YOUR source.

CEO pay is quickly outpacing yours. In 2016, the CEOs of the top 350 U.S. firms earned on average $15.6 million.

"There are CEOs getting paid hundreds of millions," Stanford economics professor Nicholas Bloom tells WNYC "Freakonomics Radio" podcast. "So I find it hard to defend those amounts."

According to a report from the Economic Policy Institute, the average CEO pay is 271 times the nearly $58,000 annual average pay of the typical American worker.

###

Your source cherry picks the top 350 companies, not even the 400 typically chosen as the top companies in America. It then stoops even lower by NOT comparing the average annual pay of their typical worker but of ALL workers. Workers for companies a fraction the size of those top 350.

What a scam thread! You're not even ashamed are you? You're proud of your trickery.

Sure he does. Manufacturing employment is surging, that is something you libs said would not happen.

For one example.

If what you wrote is true, then why isn't manufacturing output increasing?

It is.

Really? Prove it.

View attachment 214332

Here is the flaw in your post.

Industries at a Glance: Manufacturing: NAICS 31-33

"The Manufacturing sector comprises establishments engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products."

"Establishments in the Manufacturing sector are often described as plants, factories, or mills and characteristically use power-driven machines and materials-handling equipment. However, establishments that transform materials or substances into new products by hand or in the worker's home and those engaged in selling to the general public products made on the same premises from which they are sold, such as bakeries, candy stores, and custom tailors, may also be included in this sector. Manufacturing establishments may process materials or may contract with other establishments to process their materials for them. Both types of establishments are included in manufacturing."

I own three businesses that take foreign made components and package them making the components new products. I don't sell to the general public, but all three businesses are classified as NAICS 335 businesses, but in reality it's actually distribution.

Another interesting point. When a company boxes components for a Surround Sound System, do all of the boxed components make a new product?

Thanks.

None of what you posted showed a flaw.

Try again?

It is.

Really? Prove it.

View attachment 214332

"The Manufacturing sector comprises establishments engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products."

"Establishments in the Manufacturing sector are often described as plants, factories, or mills and characteristically use power-driven machines and materials-handling equipment. However, establishments that transform materials or substances into new products by hand or in the worker's home and those engaged in selling to the general public products made on the same premises from which they are sold, such as bakeries, candy stores, and custom tailors, may also be included in this sector. Manufacturing establishments may process materials or may contract with other establishments to process their materials for them. Both types of establishments are included in manufacturing."

I own three businesses that take foreign made components and package them making the components new products. I don't sell to the general public, but all three businesses are classified as NAICS 335 businesses, but in reality it's actually distribution.

Another interesting point. When a company boxes components for a Surround Sound System, do all of the boxed components make a new product?

Thanks.

Try again?

Backed you against the wall again!

Pay raises, tax savings, all eaten up by tRumps tariff's inflation.

It is.

Really? Prove it.

View attachment 214332

Thanks.

Try again?

Your non-sequitur did what? LOL!

Thanks.

Try again?

Admit it....You were scammed AGAIN by tRump!!!!

I don’t remember wages skyrocketing under Democrats. They’ve been in office quite a bit since 1974. If the Republicans are a “0” on a scale from 1-10 in terms of income of average Americans, the Democrats may be charitably considered a “3” or “4”.

I’m not a republican. I’m not a democrat. I am a liberal who applauds Democratic Party efforts to raise the minimum wage because it has a force-multiplier effect. For every small employer who decides to hang it up rather than pay the elevated wages; the market solves the problem in the macroeconomic model. Such is capitalism; if you don’t want to sell me a widget; someone else will…use that income to pay their employee…expand their enterprise…etc.

Other than the minimum wage advocacy, I do not see where Democrats have anything to say to Republicans about raising the wages of workers. The way it should work is that you encourage continuous compulsory training so that today’s wage earners can become tomorrow’s salaried professionals. But really, we’ve had GSLs, Pell Grants, the GI Bill, etc… for decades. While we could lower the requirements to this and allow improvement on a micro scale (such as a grant to workers so they can just learn a language or learn computers without enrolling in 16 semester hours), on the whole, the idea that the American worker is eager to get more and more training is sadly just a myth.

Anyway, I don’t think you can lay this at the feet of the Republicans. Could they do more? Sure. Could the Democrats? Sure. Could Corporate America? Sure. This is one reason I find the potential candidacy of Howard Schultz so intriguing. He has been (mostly) a good corporate citizen; the type of employer whose values we’d like to see copied. Compare that to the blob in office now whose policy seemed to be grab as much pussy as possible.
Wages skyrocketed under Bill Clinton
5-6 percent or more per year

Now, wages have been stagnant since the Great Bush Recession of 2008

You mean wages were stagnant during the entire Hussein era. Bush had nothing to do with the recession, that was on the banking industry and decades of government interference telling them to give loans to low income negroes.

Thanks.

Try again?

Your idiocy has nothing to do with Trump.

Are you ever going to explain your tax savings from your Nevada Corporation? LOL!

I don’t remember wages skyrocketing under Democrats. They’ve been in office quite a bit since 1974. If the Republicans are a “0” on a scale from 1-10 in terms of income of average Americans, the Democrats may be charitably considered a “3” or “4”.

I’m not a republican. I’m not a democrat. I am a liberal who applauds Democratic Party efforts to raise the minimum wage because it has a force-multiplier effect. For every small employer who decides to hang it up rather than pay the elevated wages; the market solves the problem in the macroeconomic model. Such is capitalism; if you don’t want to sell me a widget; someone else will…use that income to pay their employee…expand their enterprise…etc.

Other than the minimum wage advocacy, I do not see where Democrats have anything to say to Republicans about raising the wages of workers. The way it should work is that you encourage continuous compulsory training so that today’s wage earners can become tomorrow’s salaried professionals. But really, we’ve had GSLs, Pell Grants, the GI Bill, etc… for decades. While we could lower the requirements to this and allow improvement on a micro scale (such as a grant to workers so they can just learn a language or learn computers without enrolling in 16 semester hours), on the whole, the idea that the American worker is eager to get more and more training is sadly just a myth.

Anyway, I don’t think you can lay this at the feet of the Republicans. Could they do more? Sure. Could the Democrats? Sure. Could Corporate America? Sure. This is one reason I find the potential candidacy of Howard Schultz so intriguing. He has been (mostly) a good corporate citizen; the type of employer whose values we’d like to see copied. Compare that to the blob in office now whose policy seemed to be grab as much pussy as possible.
Wages skyrocketed under Bill Clinton
5-6 percent or more per year

Now, wages have been stagnant since the Great Bush Recession of 2008

You mean wages were stagnant during the entire Hussein era. Bush had nothing to do with the recession, that was on the banking industry and decades of government interference telling them to give loans to low income negroes.

LOOK! Another Russian troll!

In 1974, I barely earned $300/mo. That was after I joined the Army. Seriously, you and all your co-travelers need to get a f**kin' grip. I recently go a raise...after President Trump's tax redemption occurred. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but you might consider some other way of earning your keep...oh, wait...

In 1974, rent was $100.00/month. Today a place that rented for $100.00 rents for $575.00 or more.

When I was in the Coast Guard in 1975, I was stationed at CGB Mission Bay (San Diego) I rented an off-base apartment for $100.00/mo. Today the same apartment rents for $4500.00/mo.

All of your wage increase was eaten up by tRump tariff inflation.

I make all of my money the old fashioned way.....OPM/OPE.

Thanks.

Try again?

Are you ever going to explain your tax savings from your Nevada Corporation? LOL!

Sure it is. Your 2.6% increase in monies has been off-set by 2.8% inflation caused by tRump tariff's.

For the 17th time, with the exception of clothing and most food, all of my expenses are deductible.

The real problem is eating out for lunch ,and drinking your $5 Starbucks everyday, but you always seem to have money for your weed ,cigarettes, and beer and wine, and then bitch they have no money, instant gratification and living in the moment is the problem. Try living within your means.

Open your blinds and look outside. The cost of living (even with bare essentials) has increased more than wages.

Thanks.

Try again?

Sure it is. Your 2.6% increase in monies has been off-set by 2.8% inflation caused by tRump tariff's.

For the 17th time, with the exception of clothing and most food, all of my expenses are deductible.

Personal spending from your "trust" is still taxable.

What does your latest lie have to do with your non-existent Nevada Corp?

My God, they must have been at 1938 levels under the Manchurian Muslim!

After the worst economic crash in world history caused by BushCo and Corporate America, you might be right.

btw: The tRump crash may be worse for you.

After the worst economic crash in world history

The recession ended in June 2009.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAR6BAgKEAU&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
My God, they must have been at 1938 levels under the Manchurian Muslim!

After the worst economic crash in world history caused by BushCo and Corporate America, you might be right.

btw: The tRump crash may be worse for you.
I see we have a brain dead idiot that knows nothing of REAL history...

New Study Finds Democrats Fully to Blame for Subprime Mortgage Crisis that Caused 2008 Financial Disaster - The Gateway Pundit
The Gateway Pundit › 2012/12 › new-stu...

Dec 22, 2012 · Democrats and the media insist the Community Reinvestment Act, the ... at the core of Fannie's and Freddie's so-called affordable housing mission

That's what I wrote. " with the exception of clothing and most food"

You brought it up.

"Are you ever going to explain your tax savings from your Nevada Corporation? LOL"!

Forum List

Back