Red Robin is Cutting 570 Jobs. Can You Guess Why?

For 8 bucks an hour a business doesn't expect people to be productive and they want a lot of turnover. No decent worker would ever dream of applying.

[QUO

You do know that minimum wage has fell FAR behind cost of living since the 80's when it was $3.35/hr. Minimum wage now will buy you nowhere near what it would then.

You can thank Obama for decreasing all family income during the last eight years. You didn't vote for that dumbshit, did you?

You do know wages have been stagnating for the working class since the 80's. You can thank all your presidents since then. You didn't vote for any of those dumbshits did you?

Who gives a shit?

It is not my problem what other people are able to negotiate with their salary. That is between them and the employer. We sure as hell don't need the government telling the employer what they have to pay.

The government that gives is also the government that takes away. It is best to have limited government and maximum liberty.

Monn Bts don;'t understand that very well, do they?

When talking about a minimum wage, yes we do. I am not talking about it being a living wage, but yes there needs to be a minimum wage!

Okay, how about a minimum wage of $25.00 an hour?

Already stated, in this thread a few times that no not looking for it to be a liveable wage. It was never meant for that, it was to protect the worker from ridiculously low wages!

That's what we have now, so what's the problem?

Most places can't find workers for minimum wage so it's not used very much. In fact only about 3% of our workforce works for minimum wage, and most of them will receive pay increases within the first year of working if they stay with the same company.

It is a safeguard Ray, times will not always be this good. In fact we know they will not. It is to protect the lowest earners from being abused by unscrupulous employers, nothing more.

We just seen bad times early in the Obama administration. Same as always, FF places with huge signs in their windows looking for workers that weren't there. In fact several of our customers asked me if I knew anybody looking for a job.

Most people who work minimum wage jobs are high school kids working part-time, college kids, seniors who are just looking for something to do and really don't need the money, or stay at home moms who just want to do something while the kids are in school.

We don't really need a safeguard for people like that.

For 8 bucks an hour a business doesn't expect people to be productive and they want a lot of turnover. No decent worker would ever dream of applying.

So what? Go get a better job. It ain't rocket science.

[Q

When talking about a minimum wage, yes we do. I am not talking about it being a living wage, but yes there needs to be a minimum wage!

Why?

Why should the filthy ass government dictate wages between an employer and employee? Shouldn't that be between the employer and employee? Don't you believe in freedom? If you need the government negotiating for you then you are a pretty sorry individual, aren't you?

Government fucks up everything it does and the last thing it need to be fucking up is the labor market.

It is to guard against abuses of those least likely to be able to negotiate for themselves. It is just that simple, very few 16 year olds will stand up to a full grown man in this case.

Again...minimum wage was never an issue when entry level jobs were manned by teenagers seeking job experience....it’s only since we’ve become beanerized that it’s become an issue. 38 year olds have no business working kid jobs...trying to feed a family of six. Call it like it is and build the fucking wall.

Already stated, in this thread a few times that no not looking for it to be a liveable wage. It was never meant for that, it was to protect the worker from ridiculously low wages!

Most places can't find workers for minimum wage so it's not used very much. In fact only about 3% of our workforce works for minimum wage, and most of them will receive pay increases within the first year of working if they stay with the same company.

It is a safeguard Ray, times will not always be this good. In fact we know they will not. It is to protect the lowest earners from being abused by unscrupulous employers, nothing more.

We just seen bad times early in the Obama administration. Same as always, FF places with huge signs in their windows looking for workers that weren't there. In fact several of our customers asked me if I knew anybody looking for a job.

Most people who work minimum wage jobs are high school kids working part-time, college kids, seniors who are just looking for something to do and really don't need the money, or stay at home moms who just want to do something while the kids are in school.

Safeguards for those least able go stand up for themselves, we sure do!

[Q

Why?

Why should the filthy ass government dictate wages between an employer and employee? Shouldn't that be between the employer and employee? Don't you believe in freedom? If you need the government negotiating for you then you are a pretty sorry individual, aren't you?

Government fucks up everything it does and the last thing it need to be fucking up is the labor market.

It is to guard against abuses of those least likely to be able to negotiate for themselves. It is just that simple, very few 16 year olds will stand up to a full grown man in this case.

Again...minimum wage was never an issue when entry level jobs were manned by teenagers seeking job experience....it’s only since we’ve become beanerized that it’s become an issue. 38 year olds have no business working kid jobs...trying to feed a family of six. Call it like it is and build the fucking wall.

It was put in place so children would not be completely taken advantage of more than any other reason. Just like child labor laws.

You do know wages have been stagnating for the working class since the 80's. You can thank all your presidents since then. You didn't vote for any of those dumbshits did you?

mfi3.gif

Anything under 20 bucks an hour in today's work world is pathetic and with a degree of some type is the lowest one should stay for. Then again no pressure to perform great for that.

Crap!

If Red Robin closes up where am I going to be able to buy a burger?

Another elitist response from a privileged white Regressive

Hey bumpkin, let me break it down for you:

Red Robin operates in an oversaturated, highly competetive market and if gowd forbid their business model doesn't hold up no one is going to miss their burgers or their jobs, because both can be easily had elsewhere in this FULL EMPLOYMENT ENVIRONMENT with fast food joints on every corner.

Last edited:
[Q

Why?

It was put in place so children would not be completely taken advantage of more than any other reason. Just like child labor laws.

I’ve never met a single 16 year old that HAD to make $15 an hour...not even here in Mexifornia.

A lot less married couples are having kids which should lead to a lot of lower wage jobs left unfolded... A win win for the nation. Let's hope the trend continues.

Safeguards for those least able go stand up for themselves, we sure do!

Why would they need to stand up for themselves? It's not slavery we're talking about here. An employer posts a job, provides you with the information on wages and benefits, and you either accept the job or you don't.

If the wages and benefits offered do not meet your needs, then you go somewhere that has the wages and benefits you are looking for.

But to go into a business, accept X job for X wages and benefits, then cry because the job doesn't pay what you want and somebody should do something about it is ridiculous. That's like going to a chicken restaurant and complaining because they didn't bring the hamburger that you wanted to order.

Last edited:
As Ray will attest a lot of business owners are really bad and those job vacancies are best left unfilled

[Q

Why?

I’ve never met a single 16 year old that HAD to make $15 an hour...not even here in Mexifornia.

I do not believe I ever said $15/hr, but I do believe it needs to be raised and that yes we need a minimum wage.

Crap!

If Red Robin closes up where am I going to be able to buy a burger?

Another elitist response from a privileged white Regressive

Hey bumpkin, let me break it down for you:

Red Robin operates in an oversaturated, highly competetive market and if gowd forbid their business model doesn't hold up no one is going to miss their burgers or their jobs, because both can be easily had elsewhere in this FULL EMPLOYMENT ENVIRONMENT with fast food joints on every corner.

Ok try to get a job at a fast food place..

Do it and report back.

Forum List

Back