Redacted Affadavit officially released

That would be wrong. We saw trump get impeached for doing just that. If you’re correct then it would be easily proven by reviewing the probably cause and evidence. You don’t think that exists in that affidavit? You think the FBI and DOJ and federal judge all risked their careers without the proper legal justification?? Really?!
Exactly what they did because there is no risk in persecuting Trump. The illegitimate administration is behind it.

No, I'm sorry but Trump's legal team joined with the media.

In any case, the release was hugely damaging to Trump as it gave the important facts to the American people in easily understood terms.

However, that could be the biggest impact of the whole exercise as the FBI/DOJ has what is necessary to bring charges against Trump, but could still fear the backlash.

We'll have to wait and see how much Trump's power has been diminished by this information slamdunk?
Without prosecuting, would you be interested in joining me for a bank heist with no consequences? LOL! Oh, that's right, we may not be privileged like the mafia scum Trump.

Which is simple, no documentation declassifying them, they are still classified
A president can declassify documents without doing so in writing. But he had to notify the proper authority/authorities of his action, so that they can write it down, and take the appropriate actions to change the markings on the documents.

This is typical Trump, who would rip up presidential records, and the archive team would get them out of the garbage can, and tape them back together again to send them to the National Archives.

Exactly what they did because there is no risk in persecuting Trump. The illegitimate administration is behind it.
Well there you go spreading lies again without verification. No proof. You haven’t seen the evidence so there is no way for you to know what’s legit and what’s not.

False. They searched his house after getting the warrant. They got the warrant via the application. The application included the information about the prior declassification.
Is that the application Christina Bobb signed off on that said there were no more documents?

Well there you go spreading lies again without verification. No proof. You haven’t seen the evidence so there is no way for you to know what’s legit and what’s not.
I see. Trump is not being persecuted? How do you figure that?

Poor poor Donald.

Well, I'll tell you what I think about the whole thing.

Screen Shot 152.jpg

And that's all I have to say about that.

What are your thoughts on what I've said there?

The Justice Department has made public a redacted version of the affidavit laying out its evidence for the Aug. 8 search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate after a federal judge ordered its unsealing.

The judge also unsealed DOJ’s redacted memorandum of law.

Some good info there

The FBI special agent tasked with writing the affidavit supporting the search of Mar-a-Lago writes that as a result of their ongoing criminal investigation they had "probable cause to believe that additional documents that contain classified [National Defense Information] or that are Presidential records subject to record retention requirements currently remain at [Mar a Lago]."
"There is also probable cause to believe that evidence of obstruction will be found at [Mar a Lago]," the affidavit continues.
The redacted affidavit is a total of 32 pages with an attachment, including a May 25 letter signed by former President Trump's lawyer Evan Corcoran outlining what is described as Trump's authorities regarding presidential records.
The unredacted portions of the affidavit put on display the timeline of the Justice Department's investigation leading up to their unprecedented move to search the residence of a former president.

Between May 16-18, the affidavit says, an FBI review revealed that in those 15 boxes handed over in January 2021 there were 184 total documents bearing the following classifications:
67 documents marked as CONFIDENTIAL 92 documents marked as SECRET 25 documents marked as TOP SECRET

"Further," the affidavit continues, "the FBI agents observed markings reflecting the following compartments/dissemination controls: HCS, FISA, ORCON, NOFORN, and SI. Based on my training and experience, I know that documents classified at these levels typically contain [National Defense Information]. Several of the documents also contained what appears to be FPOTUS 's handwritten notes."

Hiding rationale for the home invasion and not names or other sensitive info
Not acceptable and judge will so say

The “he declassified them” argument is so stupid, it barely deserves an intelligent response.

There is no way that Trump actually wanted all of this information declassified and made public.

I see. Trump is not being persecuted? How do you figure that?
if he is guilty then he isn’t being mistreated. If he is innocent then yes he is being mistreated. But he did have those documents in his house and a judge did sight off on the search and airside so I don’t see where the mistreatment is coming from. That’s law enforcement at work

• Love
Reactions: BWK

Forum List

Back