Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

You have still failed to produce any evidence that the Democrats in the 108th used Filibuster more than Republicans in the 110th and 112th

I will wait

"more than" is of absolutely no relevance. They used the fillibuster to block 10 appointments. Not to mentiont he 20 some that were stalled and sent back until Bush gave up trying to make an appointment.

You guys have no integrity. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. No principles either.

You will lie, you will cheat, you will steal, you will murder to get your way. When faced with being a complete hypocrite, you simply try to marginalie it. "Mommy, he hit me seven times, so I hit him eight and thats fair!"

Retards.

Every Congress has filibustered, judicial nominations have been blocked

None has come near the levels of Republicans in the 210th and 212th Congress

That is the point

Lies, and you know it. But we expect no less.

Republicans gridlocking the Senate with 45 votes is a travesty

Filibuster is an archaic tradition meant for exceptional circumstances. Requiring 60 votes for Congress to do its job does not work. Republicans have abused their filibuster privledges....time to take them away

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-throgh-you-11.jpeg

Just remember that you were for this rule change when we take back ALL of Washington.

And we will.

OBTW, most of the appointments the Stuttering Clusterfuck is trying to make have been open since the dimocraps filibustered George Bush's nominations

True dat

hypocrite.

To a dimocrap, that's a compliment

Go for it

I have no doubt that Republicans would change Filibuster Rules the minute they take the Senate

End it once and for all and live with a majority vote in the Senate

Except when they had the opportunity to do so they didn't. Now it looks like Majority Leader Frist screwed up. He thought if he refrained from invoking the nuclear option the Dems would too when they got in power.
Poor Bill. He fucked up. He trusted them.

You have still failed to produce any evidence that the Democrats in the 108th used Filibuster more than Republicans in the 110th and 112th

I will wait

"more than" is of absolutely no relevance. They used the fillibuster to block 10 appointments. Not to mentiont he 20 some that were stalled and sent back until Bush gave up trying to make an appointment.

You will lie, you will cheat, you will steal, you will murder to get your way. When faced with being a complete hypocrite, you simply try to marginalie it. "Mommy, he hit me seven times, so I hit him eight and thats fair!"

Retards.

That is the point

No President was ever as bold and unashamed liar as Obama. Period

I will ask again because no one has gotten it right

"I am also aware that the Founding Fathers established the filibuster as a means of protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority -- and that protection, with some changes, has been in place for over 200 years."

Who said this in 2005?

Senator Obama.
Sorry I was wrong when I said Ted Kennedy.
Kennedy was the one who named it the nuclear option.

can anyone really blame him for the "party of no" (hint- the party that couldn't win the Presidency or the senate :redface: ) simply blocking anything that moves for the past 4+ yrs? Sen. Reid is a statesman & a scholar

Reid threatens to go nuclear on filibuster reform | MSNBC

"I am also aware that the Founding Fathers established the filibuster as a means of protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority -- and that protection, with some changes, has been in place for over 200 years."

who said that in 2005?
But they DID NOT establish the filibuster so that one party could use it as a weapon to shut down the country because they were unhappy with a black president. What we have here is tyranny of the minority. What we have here is a disfunctional republican/tea party that is willing to use the filibuster to shut down the government so they can have their way. Their failure to compromise and work together for a better America was an invitation for Reid to invoke the nuclear option. He had little option if anything is to be done to solve our problems.

the idea that Obama has put forward is not for a better America. wouldn't you do what you could to stop failure before it happens? that is what the republicans are doing by opposing Obama is to stop failure before it happens.

Who said this in 2005?

Obama of course...Demrats thought it was great fun to use it during the Bush years...

and just so we are clear;

the DC circuit is NOT overworked/overbooked OR under staffed, its a Pack job plain and simple. Almost like FDR's minus the age limits.....you dems sure must be proud. :rolleyes:

Oh and, when Grassely ( chair of the senate judiciary comm.) was running the show when the GOP had the senate, he would not add another justice then either, it was not required to get the work done or necessary...;)

But ole Harry? so much for the deal they made 6 months ago, I said then the gop took the pipe on that deal as Harry was going to wind up doing this anyway,...damn I should bookmarked that..:lol:

and lets face it, the dems need the distraction.

So, wait, we'll see how they feel when the cons pack a circuit with judges unfriendly to roe vs. wade...then you'll hear the slobbering hypocritical squealing as the same bozos defending this now, tell you then ; "but this is different" :lol:

There never should have to be a super majority in the first place. The democrats are just following the constitution, something the GOP hates with a passion.

Evidently you have never actually read the Constitution, because you seem to have no freaking idea what your talking about. If you can't figure out why I say that all by your little self, ask and I'll explain it to you. Although I seriously doubt your smart enough to do either.

You realize that if the Framers wanted to require a supermajority for appointments, they could have just written that in the Constitution, right? It's not like the idea of supermajority requirements were foreign to them (see: amendments, treaties).

Who said this in 2005?

Senator Obama.

He evolved. Just like the democrats who were against the rule changes before they were for them.

I will wait

Retards.

That is the point

Exactly. The Rs may be in the minority but if they work at it like in days gone by, they can get votes they need. Same with Democrats if they lose the Senate. I'm tired of these guys skirting the rules like this. This president deserved his nominations be treated respectfully.

They just hate the guy and it really shows.

Retards.

That is the point

Lies, and you know it. But we expect no less.

Boy, will I ever be embarrassed when you prove me wrong........

Go ahead, I'll wait

So dimocraps can stack Federal Courts with left wing Judges....

Sen. Harry Reid Gets Ready to Go Nuclear - NationalJournal.com

I was going to say unbelievable, but you know who we're talking about here.

Turnabout's fair play, boys

Bound to happen. The radical right has created such an impasse, misusing the rules of the senate, it's a good thing. Yep. the R's will have it too, a concept very hard for the radical right to understand (doing something that helps someone other than themselves).

While Democrats filibustered their share of judicial nominees when they were in the minority under President George W. Bush, including people named to the powerful District of Columbia appeals court, what Republicans say they intend to accomplish goes beyond simply blocking a vote. Their goal is to reshape the nation’s most powerful appeals court by shrinking it to just eight full-time judges. By law it has 11 judges who regularly hear cases.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/21/u...k-filibusters-of-presidential-picks.html?_r=0

Yes, although it traces back further (to Republicans preventing floor votes on nominees that would have passed during the Clinton administration).

the DC circuit is NOT overworked/overbooked OR under staffed, its a Pack job plain and simple. Almost like FDR's minus the age limits.....you dems sure must be proud. :rolleyes:

Oh and, when Grassely ( chair of the senate judiciary comm.) was running the show when the GOP had the senate, he would not add another justice then either, it was not required to get the work done or necessary...;)

But ole Harry? so much for the deal they made 6 months ago, I said then the gop took the pipe on that deal as Harry was going to wind up doing this anyway,...damn I should bookmarked that..:lol:

So, wait, we'll see how they feel when the cons pack a circuit with judges unfriendly to roe vs. wade...then you'll hear the slobbering hypocritical squealing as the same bozos defending this now, tell you then ; "but this is different" :lol:

Yeah. The party which rail against 'activist' judges when out of power, will, when in power, supports 'activist' judges. Is anyone surprised?

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-throgh-you-11.jpeg

Just remember that you were for this rule change when we take back ALL of Washington.

And we will.

OBTW, most of the appointments the Stuttering Clusterfuck is trying to make have been open since the dimocraps filibustered George Bush's nominations

True dat

hypocrite.

To a dimocrap, that's a compliment

Go for it

I have no doubt that Republicans would change Filibuster Rules the minute they take the Senate

End it once and for all and live with a majority vote in the Senate

but they didn't....did they? :rolleyes:

all the BS you and the rest of you spew, what a bunch of classless hypocrites.

Didn't have to did they?

If the Republicans are unhappy with this rule, they can change it back to 60 votes when they get the Senate

Calling this a "pack job" defines the idea down to nothingness. The Republican's publicly stated position is that they were fillibustering to maintain the current partisan composition of the court. Aka, heads we win, tails you lose.

Who said this in 2005?

Senator Obama.

He evolved. Just like the democrats who were against the rule changes before they were for them.

and now your an expert on it when 30 min ago you didn't have a clue and said you didn't care and for me to stfu
for someone who didn't care this is your 4th response to my post

Last edited:

Forum List

Back