Reincarnation or one and done?

An idiot will stick a metal fork into an outlet to see what happens.
Or, a person doubting electromagnetic theory. We only call this person "an idiot" because the theory is so well established. Point being, one is free to question anything, but that doesnt make all hypotheses equally unknowable or valid.

Or, a person doubting electromagnetic theory. We only call this person "an idiot" because the theory is so well established. Point being, one is free to question anything, but that doesnt make all hypotheses equally unknowable or valid.

That knowledge is questionable too. For example, if you stick your metal fork into the outlet, what does it do to your mind?

That knowledge is questionable too. For example, if you stick your metal fork into the outlet, what does it do to your mind?
Ask Ted Bundy...

Who knows what lies beyond. What if faith is required to find out? What if what lies beyond only exists if you have faith that it does?

Given what I know about western religions, I'm having a little problem with the idea that we're born, live, and die only once, and if by then you haven't accepted the belief in and love of God then you're basically screwed. No salvation for you bub, and in fact Hell might be waiting for you to show up. Or the alternative that there's nothing after you die, no Heaven or Hell or anything else.

Okay, that's possible. I'm not about to crap on somebody else's beliefs/religion, since I don't know what is and isn't true any more than the next person if there even is an afterlife. BUT - there are plenty of documented stories of people who actually died and came back to report floating above their body and seeing people standing around the room before they came back to life. They were clinically dead, but were resuscitated and their accounts have a lot of similarities.

There are also numerous accounts of hypnotized people who have be regressed into a prior life, speak another language, even an extinct language, and relay information about a time and place they've never been in their current life. Who is to say what the truth really is? How do you explain a 5-year old kid who 60 years later can provide minutia about a WWII navy aircraft pilot who was shot down and killed in 1945, that just isn't available anywhere on-line? They weren't related in any way, so how does this kid know this stuff? And there are thousands of like stories, are they all liars or con artists of some kind? The kid wasn't under hypnosis when he told his parents all this information.

Reincarnation though implies an afterlife, somewhere that your spirit/soul goes after your physical body dies. And after awhile, your spirit/soul comes back in a new life, new body, new time, new place. Possible? As much as anything else is, I guess. And reincarnation also implies a God, or some kind of intelligent energy that set all this up in the 1st place.

Why would we reincarnate? Damned if I know, [hopefully not really] maybe partly to atone for past misdeeds, or help some other spirit/soul atone for theirs or for other reasons. For sure it ain't no piece of cake down here, not exactly a vacation. But I guess the one and done concept doesn't work for me, it's hard to accept that I'm effed if I don't really believe in the salvation that most churches promise. And I don't believe in damnation either, without any evidence that the salvation story is true. So, I'm looking deeper into this reincarnation thing, I kinda like it.

You get exactly one bite of the apple and that's it.
Proof of your claim can never be provided.

Who knows what lies beyond. What if faith is required to find out? What if what lies beyond only exists if you have faith that it does?
We all go the same path no matter what we believe. So stop worrying about it so much.

I've decided I'm going to be placed back in my body when I was 13 but recall my previous life. I'll grow up and eradicate liberals from the galaxy.

We all go the same path no matter what we believe. So stop worrying about it so much.
What if we don’t. What if the path only exists if you believe it exists.

So everyone goes where they personally believe? Um... no.

So everyone goes where they personally believe? Um... no.
That isn’t what I wrote, mudda.

What if the path only exists for you if you have faith that it does? Not any path mind you, but the only path that is available. The only path that exists.

I know it’s a scary question for you, so I don’t expect you to answer it because the answer isn’t pleasant.

Pro tip: the answer is you are shit out of luck.
You truly are a dingbat if you think that you've found THE way. lol
Who said I found the way. It’s a journey. No one knows how it ends.

So what if it is only a possibility that it exists if you have faith that it does. Will you be ok with that?

So what if it is only a possibility that it exists if you have faith that it does. Will you be ok with that?
So you admit that you don't know. It's a good start. New meds?

Yes, I don’t know my fate or anyone else’s.

My question to you though still stands. What if...

What if you're right? Impossible.

More like what if you are wrong.

Like I said before it’s a scary for you.

It's your idea of god that's wrong.

How so?

How so?
Every time you open your mouth something stupid comes out.

Forum List

Back