Religion and Ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon moi un momento s'il vous plait
For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: [Rom 9:6]
I give up. How do you get quotes to appear in old school white boxes like that?
I am a new fellow here. Still trying to figure it all out.

What I did in this case was 'copy' what I wanted from my own Bible program on my computer and 'paste it here. Voilà! Then as if by magic my pasted text was in that white box. It was Not what I was trying to do, but it served my purpose.

We don't have to argue or prove.
Just share what we perceive and understand, and we can have the same conversations about Life and Relationships and how to improve and make the most of what we have and know.
But you need and crave attention and that's the point. Anyone who tries to insulate religious bigots from criticism, becomes their own worst enemy.
But isn't that what your doing now?
Hugs
Dear Donald H
I don't believe in insulating as in censorship, I believe free speech is necessary to be transparent, honest and free to share all ideas and thoughts.

However we should agree how to use the process: if we want corrections, what are they? What solutions do we want to get from these exchanges?

If people are hypocrites, how do we fix the hypocrisy?

If we just want to vent and slam, can we have threads just for that?

Christians are supposed to rebuke one on one in private (Matthew 18:25-20).
And bring in witnesses to help resolve and establish truth.

Forums are flawed because they are open where others can read or post.

Can we agree on a process to resolve conflicts and correct errors to establish points of agreement on truth?

Can we alter this process to work online, like agreeing to stop and pray should a disruption occur. So if people are not serious about solving problems, they will stay away?

We don't need forced separation.
We could agree to set up choices or a different process for threads so people can choose which way or reason they want to participate.

Would that work, to post in the OP if the author is seeking Christian rebuke, or is allowing anyone to vent or slam by free speech. Then allow some other way if someone wants to barge in and call others bigots or hypocrites. Like stating anyone doing that will be prayed over.

Would that help?
If we figure this out, hey maybe all social media could use the same upgrade!

Pardon moi un momento s'il vous plait
For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: [Rom 9:6]
I give up. How do you get quotes to appear in old school white boxes like that?
I am a new fellow here. Still trying to figure it all out.

What I did in this case was 'copy' what I wanted from my own Bible program on my computer and 'paste it here. Voilà! Then as if by magic my pasted text was in that white box. It was Not what I was trying to do, but it served my purpose.
Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that, LOL :dunno:

No really, it is a serious question.
And one that I don't mean to take lightly.

I'll tell you why I believe.
I been in some pretty interesting predicaments in my life, same as many have.
One day I was driving my car to work on I-90 in Massachusetts. Going under the tunnels of the city of Boston.
I was in the center lane and my car died. not putter putter poof. nope.. Boom dead.
I looked up in the rear view mirror. There was an 18 wheeler inches from my rear bumper.
I closed my eyes. I didn't have time to think about anything except the face of my daughter passed b4 my eyes.
I opened my eyes and that 14 wheeler was inches from my front bumper and moving right along like I wasn't even there to slow him down for a second.
The police came and ushered me over to the breakdown lane.
How?

Riding on the back of a motorcycle going across I-95 Bridge. Far left lane against the railing.
Two cars up brake lights, truck on my right, truck on my rear. Never switched lanes.
Should have been crushed.

Old boyfriend cocaine addict. Decides I need to check out getting high by injection.
Needle don't work.
Works for him.. he ends up in the hospital. Not me.
I ran back home asap.

Vomiting for over 24 hours straight. I can't catch my breath. I have no strength.
Sitting on the toilet. God.. if it's time for me to go.. do it now. I can't do this.
15 minutes later all symptoms gone.

Then comes this Peaceful feeling, not anxious, not heavy.
A sense of calmness, a knowing, that somewhere out there someone or something is watching over me.

It's been 40 years since I-90.
Been 10 years since I asked to leave.
Why am I here?
What is my purpose?

If I can make a positive difference in this world... maybe that's all I'm meant to do.
I don't know. I'm not dead yet. And it looks like there may be more for me to do.
Do for who? What difference does it make if I am good or bad, nice or mean, lift you up or put you down?
Something inside that wasn't there before tells me I have work to do.
And it's not a 9-5 job either.
It's a reaching out to others. A desire to share my thoughts, my testimony, that this isn't all there is.
There's so much more.
And everyday is good, even if it's hard or sad or painful, it's still good.

I don't know how else to say why I believe the way I do.
I just thought I'd share.
I know you could probably find rational reasons for these things. I've only mentioned a few. There is so much more.
But I believe I'm here for a reason. And that reason has to come from somewhere.
And I found a book that explains where that reason comes from.
And that's why I stand where I stand.

I hope this helps
Sincerely
Hugs
I've had close calls too. Most people have. If your close calls caused you to reevaluate your behavior and try to do better, that's great, but it's not miraculous, and it's certainly not proof of god.

Nobody has to "prove" God is real.
You don't know how discussion boards work, do you?

Just share what we perceive and understand, and we can have the same conversations about Life and Relationships and how to improve and make the most of what we have and know.
But you need and crave attention and that's the point. Anyone who tries to insulate religious bigots from criticism, becomes their own worst enemy.
Hugs
Dear Donald H
I don't believe in insulating as in censorship, I believe free speech is necessary to be transparent, honest and free to share all ideas and thoughts.

However we should agree how to use the process: if we want corrections, what are they? What solutions do we want to get from these exchanges?

Can we agree on a process to resolve conflicts and correct errors to establish points of agreement on truth?

Can we alter this process to work online, like agreeing to stop and pray should a disruption occur. So if people are not serious about solving problems, they will stay away?

We could agree to set up choices or a different process for threads so people can choose which way or reason they want to participate.

Would that work, to post in the OP if the author is seeking Christian rebuke, or is allowing anyone to vent or slam by free speech. Then allow some other way if someone wants to barge in and call others bigots or hypocrites. Like stating anyone doing that will be prayed over.

Would that help?
Sounds like a great idea. Why don't you start a discussion board where you can set the rules and only allow those that agree to go by them. It would be easy for you to separate those that don't want to stop and pray upon each disagreement. Of course that would require the same type of separation that you decry.

"How can we ask our fellow Christians on left and right to unite instead of taking sides politically?"

emilynghiem We can ask as you are asking, but some will not answer at all and some will give you a negative for various reasons. Some of the divisions among the ones you are asking simply stands too firmly in the way. As in, 'That person is not really a believer at all' because he hold or does not hold to this or that doctrine.

The answer I see, but which many cannot or will not hear, is truly following the lead of the Holy Ghost. To some that sounds good on the surface, but really for them, in their hearts, it is an unrealistic approach. But... not unrealistic, I believe, for God. This apparent lack of unity to the point of opposition is also part of God's Way of separating the goats from the sheep, the tares from the wheat.

When I mention this to many then they want to get into an in depth discussion of what the Holy Ghost is or is not, and what the work of the Holy Ghost is, or how we know what the Holy Ghost is saying... Thus us time consumed but what is the work of God accomplished? Even in that there is, I believe, something accomplished, but should we discuss that as well and use up more of our allotment of time? God sees the accomplishment and He also sees the wheel spinning without making any progress whatsoever.

As to the hands off politics, it is not only in secular politics, but also in the churches themselves where politics is working hard, be it from the desires of the flesh or from some external devil inserting his two cents into the mix... All to confusion instead of to unity and harmony in the things of God.

That is the logic or the lack thereof... the confusion Babel and Babylon. So God gave us faith, hope and charity/love. But logic sticks its nose often even among those who do see the need for faith, hope and charity....

This apparent lack of unity to the point of opposition is also part of God's Way of separating the goats from the sheep, the tares from the wheat.

Bingo ...
They don't want to play nice with the Righteous and aren't looking for Common Ground.
They are pissing on trees and marking territory ... They will Devour the Light if it is acquiesced, and God knows it.

Last edited:

One day I was driving my car to work on I-90 in Massachusetts. Going under the tunnels of the city of Boston.
I was in the center lane and my car died. not putter putter poof. nope.. Boom dead.
I looked up in the rear view mirror. There was an 18 wheeler inches from my rear bumper.
I closed my eyes. I didn't have time to think about anything except the face of my daughter passed b4 my eyes.
I opened my eyes and that 14 wheeler was inches from my front bumper and moving right along like I wasn't even there to slow him down for a second.
How?

Riding on the back of a motorcycle going across I-95 Bridge. Far left lane against the railing.
Two cars up brake lights, truck on my right, truck on my rear. Never switched lanes.

Old boyfriend cocaine addict. Decides I need to check out getting high by injection.
Needle don't work.
I ran back home asap.

Vomiting for over 24 hours straight. I can't catch my breath. I have no strength.
Sitting on the toilet. God.. if it's time for me to go.. do it now. I can't do this.

A sense of calmness, a knowing, that somewhere out there someone or something is watching over me.

Why am I here?
What is my purpose?

If I can make a positive difference in this world... maybe that's all I'm meant to do.
I don't know. I'm not dead yet. And it looks like there may be more for me to do.
Do for who? What difference does it make if I am good or bad, nice or mean, lift you up or put you down?
It's a reaching out to others. A desire to share my thoughts, my testimony, that this isn't all there is.
There's so much more.

I know you could probably find rational reasons for these things. I've only mentioned a few. There is so much more.
But I believe I'm here for a reason. And that reason has to come from somewhere.

I hope this helps
Sincerely
Hugs
I've had close calls too. Most people have. If your close calls caused you to reevaluate your behavior and try to do better, that's great, but it's not miraculous, and it's certainly not proof of god.

You do know a truth is a truth whether you believe it or not, right? Just because you ask for something in no way requires anyone to give you what you want. You've made your choice and in the end you'll pay for it.

How?

Needle don't work.
I ran back home asap.

Why am I here?
What is my purpose?

There's so much more.

I hope this helps
Sincerely
Hugs

You do know a truth is a truth whether you believe it or not, right? Just because you ask for something in no way requires anyone to give you what you want. You've made your choice and in the end you'll pay for it.
Thanks for confirming you don't know how discussion boards work.

That's not what the bible says though.

Gentiles I guess would be athiests according to this description:

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

I believe this "law" refers to the 10 commandments by default.
Basically saying that whether you profess a belief in God or you don't,
we still bring ourselves under the same set of basic rules of right and wrong.
Now Athiests I believe, If I'm reading that right, determine for themselves with each other what is acceptable or not.
I think everyone agrees Murder is Bad. Do you have to believe in God to agree with that? I don't think so.

It's not up to those that do believe to go seeking out those that aren't looking.
Think about Philip. God told Philip go check out that chariot. Philip just walking beside him said "what ya reading? "
And he was "INVITED" into the chariot to help explain what the man was reading.
He never said do it or else. The man chose at that point to follow.

Today it's like people feel they have to put up stop signs and roadblocks and force that chariot to stop and make them listen or else.
I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work.
And probably why there aren't much results today.
They are being chased away instead of allowing us to be drawn in.

If God wants a door to open, he'll open it. If not, no matter how much we storm the door, even if it falls, won't be successful.

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Christians will always be under attack. We were given a special set of armour to deflect those arrows.
We need to learn to use them.
Because we are misunderstood, misquoted, and a lot are just plain hypocrites. Do as I say not as I do.
What did Jesus call them?
The same thing Jesus told his disciples not to become as... Hypocrites.

Just walk the walk... let them see your light.
You don't need to blow a trumpet in central square breathing out judgements.
That's not our job.

God Bless
Hugs
I would translate terms like "under God" or "duty to God" to mean "for the public good" which is more universal language by natural laws all people are under regardless of having religion or not.

Ziggy Christian need not invoke attack.

The Bible warns that anyone presenting other than the ORIGINAL gospel or message someone has heard will be accursed, even an angel messenger.

This means we should speak the native language of the audience we address so there is no need to attack or reject.

Jesus as Justice, God's truth as universal, should fulfill not abolish the laws people have been given.

We change our delivery, we change our reception. Same message but the presentation changes to share with each audience, like Jesus using parables to make sense to everyday folks who wouldn't respond to the same Scripture Jesus reserved for holding Pharisees to their own laws.

Why not translate these terms into regular talk that means the same good things?

Faith in God and God's will means good will or greater good for all humanity.

Faith in Jesus is faith in Justice.

Christianity means Charity for all, or what Buddhists call Compassion while the Kingdom of God as Universal Truth that sets us free is called Wisdom and Salvation is called Enlightenment because Buddhism focuses on the Mind while Christianity on the Heart.

We are called to Love God with all our hearts minds and Souls.
We are called to love our neighbor as ourselves.

From these Two Great Commandments come all the other laws and Prophets.

In Buddhism, these correspond to the Two basic principles all the teachings come from:
Developing perfect Wisdom which is another name for God
Developing perfect Compassion which aligns with loving our neighbor, but goes further in including compassion for the planet, and all living beings in the world/creation

So when Jesus gives us the New Commandment, to love one another as He does, this is joining the love of man with the love of God. We now love not by reciprocal human love for mutual material reward, but we love as Jesus does with God's love that is limitless and unconditional.

So this fulfills and joins the Two Great Commandments as one, and the same love of God's Wisdom and Christian Charity or Compassion fulfills the Buddhist teachings as well.

When we speak the truth with love, or as Buddhists call practicing the Right Speech, this brings Comfort and Peace, not division and war.

I am glad to see the Boy Scouts promote positive values after the whole negative debacle over gender. I thought they should create a new Youth Scouts to include both Boys and Girls for open Family camping and activities.

I thought it was better to have separate Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts so groups can focus separately.

We can work out optimal solutions without fighting.

I was brought up as a Girl Scout and was taught to be a friend and helper to all.
If we do our job right, people will want us to help and be around, and will call on us.

If you don't practice what you preach, yes, people sense that and that is what usually incites reactions.

As for even good intentions meeting with mixed reactions, people have their own issues they project externally while sorting out what they really believe and want out of life. That projection is part of their process and not to be taken personally unless it is part of yours.

If it is part of your process, too, then it is not a bad thing to complain about.

Potterhead2021 asked how do we develop patience? By practicing talking and interacting with those who challenge us the most.

We learn from experience with each person. The good news is, the more we learn to speak the language of others, they equally learn to include and tolerate our ways of saying the same things.

When we understand the changes are mutual, and both sides stretch equally to meet in the middle, it isn't onesided where both sides defend themselves while pushing the other to change.

It's a mutual process of equal give and take.
There is no universal language yet though.
And everyone has their own interpretation.

We have this word racist or racism. A couple years ago it meant one thing. Today it means something totally different.
And when we try to communicate with people with this new "version" of what a word means..
there is just so much confusion. Not by the ones who changed it. They know exactly what they mean. But by the ones they changed it on. Like being left in a boat with no paddle. What are they talking about???

There are a lot of words and meanings of words that have been deliberately changed over the last few years for the very purpose of causing confusion and frustration.

How do we get over those hurdles?

If you try to explain that this word means this to me, they say your wrong, this is what it means.
This is a very difficult generation we are coming into.
I think words are going to have to take a back seat to actions.
We won't be able to say what we mean, we will only be able to show them.

Amo 5:13 Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time.

prudent:

Careful or wise in handling practical matters; exercising good judgment or common sense.

Characterized by or resulting from care or wisdom in practical matters or in planning for the future.

Thoughtful; judicious; sagacious; sensible.

I have to look a lot of things up. My education was rather lacking. I graduated the 8th grade with a 6th grade education, so sometimes big words or not common words confuse me. Thank You for your PATIENCE .. :)

Hugs
Dear Ziggy
To diffuse the language, I refer to
* bigotry and bias which we all have so this makes us equal, we are all affected and all have suffered from political bigotry by class or creed.
First step is to address each other as equals facing similar or the same battles.
We are not each other's enemies, we all want justice peace and and end to abuses. We just don't agree yet whose abuses are worse, whose caused who to abuse back etc.
Like Palestinians and Israeli we all want peace and protections and to stop the violence killing people on both sides.
2. I use the term racial conflicts or race related injuries which is more neutral and inclusive. Understanding genocidal or generational wounds are passed down and affect people spiritually also makes this inclusive without placing blame.

I have pointed out:
The rapes of Black (and some White) Slaves mostly by abusing Black males to breed stronger and darker skin slaves worth more on the market
Causes phobic hatred and fear triggered by Black men among both White and Blacks. This is spiritually caused by genocidal rape and forced breeding like cattle mortgaged like property as part of the land.

This rape we don't talk about because we cannot undo the damage.

But a lot of the suppressed racial hatred including Black on Black is carried from the genocidal and generation ills, including tribal curses from Africa that have caused endless genocide massacres and corruption of African govt tribes and nations there.

By addressing this as Spiritual, then this makes the healing and recovery process both individual to each person and collective for all humanity to grieve and suffer through.

No one is untouched.
But we all experience the echoes of bigotry and tribal wars in our own ways.

The key is connecting as WE going through universal battles.

Not Them vs Us.

We as women have suffered while politics plagues and plays on patriarchal tendencies to defend turf and pack mentality at all costs.

This pack mentality is behind men raping women of other tribes to control the pack.
And instead of helping women victims, the men clobber each other to defend their honor or dominate to be in charge.

So a lot of the karma or generational sins we see are from past genocides by tribes.

It isn't Black vs White, but pains of humanity repeating until we hand over all this grief over to God and quit trying to fight battles between tribes.

The Bahai have a nonprofit for teaching healing through safe dialogue sharing our own experiences and process without falling into group mentality.

If you would like to have zoom mtg or workshops, we could address women of faith caught in the crossfire and how do we help people on both sides of the left and right divide, uniting as Christians.

We have Christians on the right put on the defense as under attack. While the Christian left has defended LGBT BLM but more split over CRT.

How can we ask our fellow Christians on left and right to unite instead of taking sides politically?
Gee,
Not that I enjoy sharing ALL of my dirty laundry with the world.. but...

Black and White Racism.
I am White..
I've been raped by both a white man and a black man.
Which one should I hold the greater blame?
Which one should I be more bias or more bigotted towards?
Which one should I be more racist against?

There is no law that says you have to hold any of these against another.
Not one.
That is just an excuse. And I'm tired of hearing it.

Your only a victim if you let it keep you there.

Politics, moral/immoral if politics is not for all, then it's for none at all.
There are no sides. We create the sides and then choose.
Get rid of that partition and you get rid of emnity.

It's just an excuse and I'm tired of hearing it.

Your not your political leaning. Your a human being with a mind of your own.

Sorry I'm tired..
but I have to make my point whether any feels it's right or wrong, it is what it is.
Hugs

This apparent lack of unity to the point of opposition is also part of God's Way of separating the goats from the sheep, the tares from the wheat.

Bingo ...
They don't want to play nice with the Righteous and aren't looking for Common Ground.
They are pissing on trees and marking territory ... They will Devour the Light if it is acquiesced, and God knows it.

Yes, too many more concerned with "my church" than with "God's Church". They fail to see the difference.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity [Matt 7:22-23]

Of course this is just what I see. I also have been wrong at times...

How?

Needle don't work.
I ran back home asap.

Why am I here?
What is my purpose?

There's so much more.

I hope this helps
Sincerely
Hugs

Thanks for confirming you don't know how discussion boards work.

Sure thing skippy.

Hugs
Dear Donald H

Would that help?
Sounds like a great idea. Why don't you start a discussion board where you can set the rules and only allow those that agree to go by them. It would be easy for you to separate those that don't want to stop and pray upon each disagreement. Of course that would require the same type of separation that you decry.
Yes and No.
Prof.Lunaphiles set up a board to moderate a Constitutional Convention by consulting and organizing online
1. It takes people agreeing what process to use, not any one person dictating
2. People naturally want a process to succeed when it's getting something they want.

So first step, find out what each person wants and is willing to work for.
Form teams that want the same goal.

Then the people will agree on their own plan and process to get what they want!

BULLDOG
Grumblenuts
Amadeus

We all can post "what OTHER people DON'T or won't do"

What are the things we and others want and will agree to a process to get?

Hugs
Dear Donald H

Would that help?

Ps BULLDOG
What I mean is disruptive bullying or cussing that becomes derailment.

Im not talking about the regular disagreements that arent disruptive, and Im not talking about stopping to pray to disrupt.

Im saying if someone ALREADY jumped in to derail bully or cuss, instead of slamming back, people VOLUNTARILY agree to pray for such person to be at peace.

Then go back to the discussion.

We don't have to create a new system to do that.

Just agree not to take hate bait and pour on more. One post to pray for that person and go on.

Like Amadeus said, no prayer can be forced. It would need to follow direction spiritually.

I think if it is done right, this should REDUCE disruptions not cause any.

If this is in the Religion section, it makes more sense to encourage a prayerful approach to stopping slamming, rather than more slamming.

As for WinterBorn I thought the complaint was Religious trolls slamming Atheists.

By your list the prayers would be for people posting negative, which you seemed to point out were Christian?

So I would be encouraging prayers for forgiveness for those Christians having problems forgiving and working with Nontheists.

Is that more clear?

Thr focus of the prayers is removing or halting the negative trolling or slamming.

Hugs
Dear Donald H

Would that help?
Yes and No.
Prof.Lunaphiles set up a board to moderate a Constitutional Convention by consulting and organizing online
1. It takes people agreeing what process to use, not any one person dictating
2. People naturally want a process to succeed when it's getting something they want.

So first step, find out what each person wants and is willing to work for.
Form teams that want the same goal.

Then the people will agree on their own plan and process to get what they want!

BULLDOG
Grumblenuts
Amadeus

We all can post "what OTHER people DON'T or won't do"

What are the things we and others want and will agree to a process to get?
I follow the lead of the Holy Spirit to do my part according to the part of the Body of Christ that I am. Jesus is the Head. The connection is the Life Blood, the Holy Spirit, connecting Body parts to one another as needed and connecting all to the Head of the Body.

What I want needs to be what God says that I need. If my wants do not match what He says that I need then I need to submit to Him so that He via the Holy Spirit can fit it altogether properly. When my wants equal my needs and my needs equal what He says my needs are... then I am on the right road.

No one takes or took the Bible literally.. That is pretty new.. since about 1840 ..
That's been hinted at for some time, and it's increasing in frequency, but I've never heard it stated so directly.
Is it now the popular opinion among Christians?
There certainly is a considerable faction that still believes in a 'literal' bible that is the word of the god.

And then, is there a third faction that believes their bible is still the word of the god, but somehow not to be taken as 'literal'?

No doubt that the bible's nonsense must be reconciled in some way that doesn't call for yet another rewrite.

No one takes or took the Bible literally.. That is pretty new.. since about 1840 ..
That's been hinted at for some time, and it's increasing in frequency, but I've never heard it stated so directly.
There certainly is a considerable faction that still believes in a 'literal' bible that is the word of the god.

And then, is there a third faction that believes their bible is still the word of the god, but somehow not to be taken as 'literal'?

No doubt that the bible's nonsense must be reconciled in some way that doesn't call for yet another rewrite.
It's a bit of both Literal and Spiritual.

Literal in the sense that certain places and people are historically acurate.
Spiritual in a sense that it holds a deeper meaning than the literal historical account.

Some just look at the Literal, while others only look at the Spiritual.
But like the Body has a soul, so does the bible have a flesh/carnal/literal account on the outside, as well as deep spiritual meaning and purpose on the inside.

Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literal, yet everything in the bible is meant to be taken spiritual.
It reveals to man the condition of his soul.
Every story you can compare your own internal walk of life with.
And when you judge others in the book whether they are good or bad, it gives you a guide to look inside yourself and judge whether you are like those your judging.
It's a book of morals and principles if used correctly.

That's the way I read it.
Hope that helps
Hugs

Spiritual in a sense that it holds a deeper meaning than the literal historical account.

But like the Body has a soul, so does the bible have a flesh/carnal/literal account on the outside, as well as deep spiritual meaning and purpose on the inside.

Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literal, yet everything in the bible is meant to be taken spiritual.
And when you judge others in the book whether they are good or bad, it gives you a guide to look inside yourself and judge whether you are like those your judging.

Hope that helps
Hugs
Thanks but I don't need any help to understand. And fwiw, you lost me when you suggest that everybody has a soul.

I thought that I has stated clearly that another rewrite of the bibles wouldn't be necessary because all the lies and contradictions were being covered by claims of it not being serious. (literal)

Not all believers by any means are going to buy into that sort of dodge. It seems that the catholics are the least into it as they have already started to accept evolution, that necessitates the throwing out of the creation myth.

Today's christians must be able to sell their religious beliefs to their children and that's a pretty much impossible task if the literal bible/bogus bible needs to be explained. Only the lower IQ's will accept the impossible.

Christianity has already taken a huge hit in it's number of followers, and is due for a lot more soon.

Last edited:

Hope that helps
Hugs
Thanks but I don't need any help to understand. And fwiw, you lost me when you suggest that everybody has a soul.

I thought that I has stated clearly that another rewrite of the bibles wouldn't be necessary because all the lies and contradictions were being covered by claims of it not being serious. (literal)

Not all believers by any means are going to buy into that sort of dodge. It seems that the catholics are the least into it as they have already started to accept evolution, that necessitates the throwing out of the creation myth.

Today's christians must be able to sell their religious beliefs to their children and that's a pretty much impossible task if the literal bible/bogus bible needs to be explained. Only the lower IQ's will accept the impossible.

Christianity has already taken a huge hit in it's number of followers, and is due for a lot more soon.
So I guess what I mean by soul or spirit.. thats where your emotions and feelings and ideas and beliefs come from.
The things that are not physically able to see or touch.
I believe everyone has feelings.. don't you?

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back