Religious Freedom Under Attack

Most Republicans admire Vladimir Putin. They think he's a strong leader. They have no problem if Trump works for him.

So no matter what evil Putin does, they won't believe it.

In fact, it seems the vast majority of Republicans on the USMB don't even believe Trump lies. They say
"prove it". Audio and Video isn't enough.

^^^ Please prove this. Though I am not a Republican, I am tired of your attacks on them. Oh and I do not see any "audio and video proving your statement.
Them?

If you don't know Trump lies, then you are one of "them".

Republicans have already abandoned Christian values and morals.

Trump is their new God.

I think they would have no problem moving to Russia if they could. It's so......so......so.......white!

Dyge6MiX0AEEqtp.jpg

Republicans have already abandoned Christian values and morals.

Trump is their new God.

I think they would have no problem moving to Russia if they could. It's so......so......so.......white!

Dyge6MiX0AEEqtp.jpg
--------------------------------------------- sure , you can practice those things shown in your cartoon if you Want To but its not required . USA is a Secular country DeanRD .

OFF TOPIC --- But ' MOST ' Witnesses that i have met are good and fine people and i have met hundreds and have Associated with thousands a long time ago [30 years or so ago] . I only say that because of a few bad comments about Jehovahs Witness . Anyway , i just wanted to say what i just said so Thankyou !! And , i am NOT a Jehovahs Witness . ------------ off topic comment .

Like freedom of the press, religious freedoms and tolerances are also taking a beating around the world, and the past few years have seen an uptick in new restrictions on religious minorities.

Russian Court Sentences Jehovah's Witness To 6 Years In Prison For Extremism

A Russian court has sentenced a Jehovah's Witness to six years in prison for promoting extremism.

"I hope today is the day Russia defends religious freedom," Dennis Christensen, who pleaded not guilty in the trial, said as he walked down the hall of the courthouse before the verdict was read.

A Danish citizen with a Russian residency permit, Christensen was arrested at a worship service in May 2017 by armed police in the western city of Orel. He had unlocked the entrance to the building and delivered a sermon that day but he was not a staff member of the organization, according Human Rights Watch.

A local court had banned his chapter of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization the previous year. A month before his arrest, the Supreme Court banned the Christian denomination as an extremist group, classifying it on par with the Islamic State. That ruling dealt a blow to the nearly 400 chapters of Jehovah's Witnesses across the country.

Seriously....comparing Jehovah's witness' to ISIS? :haha:

Russia unfortunately part of a larger trend over the past few years:

Global Uptick in Government Restrictions on Religion in 2016

Nationalist parties and organizations played an increasing role in harassment of religious minorities, especially in Europe

Restrictions on religion around the world continued to climb in 2016, according to Pew Research Center’s ninth annual study of global restrictions on religion. This marks the second year in a row of increases in the overall level of restrictions imposed either by governments or by private actors (groups and individuals) in the 198 countries examined in the study.

The share of countries with “high” or “very high” levels of government restrictions – that is, laws, policies and actions by officials that restrict religious beliefs and practices – rose from 25% in 2015 to 28% in 2016. This is the largest percentage of countries to have high or very high levels of government restrictions since 2013, and falls just below the 10-year peak of 29% in 2012.

Meanwhile, the share of countries with “high” or “very high” levels of social hostilities involving religion – that is, acts of religious hostility by private individuals, organizations or groups in society – remained stable in 2016 at 27%. Like government restrictions, social hostilities also peaked in 2012, particularly in the Middle East-North Africa region, which was still feeling the effects of the 2011 Arab Spring uprisings. The number of countries with high or very high levels of social hostilities declined in 2013 and has remained at about the same level since, but it is higher than it was during the baseline year of this study (2007).

In total in 2016, 83 countries (42%) had high or very high levels of overall restrictions on religion – whether resulting from government actions or from hostile acts by private individuals, organizations and social groups – up from 80 (40%) in 2015 and 58 (29%) in 2007.1
These are bad people. Go listen to someone who grew up with those weirdos. They will tell you horror stories.

Most Republicans admire Vladimir Putin. They think he's a strong leader. They have no problem if Trump works for him.

In fact, it seems the vast majority of Republicans on the USMB don't even believe Trump lies. They say
Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg

Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg
Some true patriots right there. USA!

^^^ Please prove this. Though I am not a Republican, I am tired of your attacks on them. Oh and I do not see any "audio and video proving your statement.
Them?

If you don't know Trump lies, then you are one of "them".

I'd rather be ANYTHING than one of YOU.

Anyone that thinks Russia offers a better life and freedom than the United States or a political party in the US offers is a fucking moron, no other way to put it.

Like freedom of the press, religious freedoms and tolerances are also taking a beating around the world, and the past few years have seen an uptick in new restrictions on religious minorities.

Russian Court Sentences Jehovah's Witness To 6 Years In Prison For Extremism

A Russian court has sentenced a Jehovah's Witness to six years in prison for promoting extremism.

"I hope today is the day Russia defends religious freedom," Dennis Christensen, who pleaded not guilty in the trial, said as he walked down the hall of the courthouse before the verdict was read.

A Danish citizen with a Russian residency permit, Christensen was arrested at a worship service in May 2017 by armed police in the western city of Orel. He had unlocked the entrance to the building and delivered a sermon that day but he was not a staff member of the organization, according Human Rights Watch.

A local court had banned his chapter of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization the previous year. A month before his arrest, the Supreme Court banned the Christian denomination as an extremist group, classifying it on par with the Islamic State. That ruling dealt a blow to the nearly 400 chapters of Jehovah's Witnesses across the country.

Seriously....comparing Jehovah's witness' to ISIS? :haha:

Russia unfortunately part of a larger trend over the past few years:

Nationalist parties and organizations played an increasing role in harassment of religious minorities, especially in Europe

Restrictions on religion around the world continued to climb in 2016, according to Pew Research Center’s ninth annual study of global restrictions on religion. This marks the second year in a row of increases in the overall level of restrictions imposed either by governments or by private actors (groups and individuals) in the 198 countries examined in the study.

The share of countries with “high” or “very high” levels of government restrictions – that is, laws, policies and actions by officials that restrict religious beliefs and practices – rose from 25% in 2015 to 28% in 2016. This is the largest percentage of countries to have high or very high levels of government restrictions since 2013, and falls just below the 10-year peak of 29% in 2012.

Meanwhile, the share of countries with “high” or “very high” levels of social hostilities involving religion – that is, acts of religious hostility by private individuals, organizations or groups in society – remained stable in 2016 at 27%. Like government restrictions, social hostilities also peaked in 2012, particularly in the Middle East-North Africa region, which was still feeling the effects of the 2011 Arab Spring uprisings. The number of countries with high or very high levels of social hostilities declined in 2013 and has remained at about the same level since, but it is higher than it was during the baseline year of this study (2007).

In total in 2016, 83 countries (42%) had high or very high levels of overall restrictions on religion – whether resulting from government actions or from hostile acts by private individuals, organizations and social groups – up from 80 (40%) in 2015 and 58 (29%) in 2007.1
This should come as a surprise to no one as Russia continues to decline into an authoritarian police state.

Do you believe that tiny donnie said that Mexico would pay for the Wall?

Why do you say that's a lie?

Jo

Forum List

Back