Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

And if your 15 year old daughter wanted to succeed from the family....why should she ow some "fealty" to you simply because you happened to contribute something to her creation?

You are an idiot of monumental proportions.

You're the one saying I could make my condominium a nation onto itself. And you're calling other people an "idiot"? How very funny you are.

You're too stupid to be worth debating.

Have you tried seceding from your part of the trailer park yet? How'd that go over with the gub-nah? If not...why not?

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

Well, c'mon boy. Put your money where your mouth is. If you haven't tried succeeding from your trailer park, why not? You obviously hate this country and everyone in it who wasn't injected with the idiot virus you have on display.

You are an idiot of monumental proportions.

You're the one saying I could make my condominium a nation onto itself. And you're calling other people an "idiot"? How very funny you are.

Have you tried seceding from your part of the trailer park yet? How'd that go over with the gub-nah? If not...why not?

Well, c'mon boy. Put your money where your mouth is. If you haven't tried succeeding from your trailer park, why not? You obviously hate this country and everyone in it who wasn't injected with the idiot virus you have on display.
asshole.jpg

USMB Republicans think he must have been a Democrat since he fought to keep slavery. They think that it was Democratic liberals who owned slaves and that Northern Republican Conservatives came in and freed the slaves. So clearly, being Republican, they must have been conservatives. It isn't clear why so many southerners today are conservative and so many northerners are liberal. They haven't managed to rewrite that part of history yet.
True Story.
And don't give me that shit that I'm making it up. Everyone here knows about all the posts that it was conservative Republicans who freed the slaves. They have been posted many times.

Let me break it to you, the Republican party initially was the more liberal, modernisation party of the North East... i.e Not Conservatives...

If you want a lesson in US political history
Robert E. Lee was a man of uncommon character. His equal doesn't exist anywhere today. Songs were made about him, monuments sculpted, and Army bases named after him. A worthless flea like you couldn't possibly insult him.

Fought to keep Slavery and Lost... That seems like an insult..

You're incorrect on your last point. Lee didn't fight to "keep slavery" but was actually opposed to it:

Robert E. Lee letter dated December 27, 1856:
There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence. Their emancipation will sooner result from the mild and melting influences of Christianity than from the storm and tempest of fiery controversy.
Robert E. Lee s Opinion Regarding Slavery

This is interesting in what he said, sounds like he is saying they are better off as slaves: The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence.

Firstly, Lee was living in an era where slavery was a fact of life in both the north and the south. We can cherry pick his statement and only focus on what we think he was saying or we can look at the whole of his statement and see that his hope was to end slavery and to help blacks become independent. We see by the highlighted areas that he considered slavery "an evil." He hoped "for better things" for the blacks and he felt that the influences of Christianity would lead to their "emancipation."

The reason I posted his statement was to respond to somebody who claimed that he was basically a warmonger who started the war to keep slavery. That's simply untrue.

I don't think that pointing out a statement that tells us his true feelings about blacks is wrong. He obviously felt, because that is what he said, is that blacks were better off slaves then free in Africa. If some redneck said that today the left wing would pop a vein.

I don't really think Lee chose the South for any other reason then Virginia seceded. Which means that he put his love of Virginia over the bigger issue of slavery? Kind of like being the look out man for a bank robbery and arguing that they were guilty because he didn't rob the bank.

Well ... I can't stop you from cherry picking. It's a free country. Nevertheless, it was blacks who sold their neighboring tribes into slavery in the first place. As bad as slavery was at least slaves were fed and housed. In their own land they starved and lived in constant fear of competing tribes. So ... perhaps Lee knew something their living conditions that the majority of brainwashed America does not. Today's Americans mimic what the Public Fool System and CNN tell them to mimic.

how can you have the consent of the governed when the governed are forced to consent?
one word: elections

So you force them to stay in a union they don't want to be in, but call it consent when you outvote them? LOL, yeah, that's consent.
why don't you leave America?

Love liberal tolerance. Why don't you leave? China, North Korea are both still Communist.
I don't like communism, but you do hate America

Oldie but a goodie:

asshole.jpg

Admitting you're wrong is the actual first step. Since you won't do that, you're pretty much hopeless. The funny thing is that you're all talk. You know you're all talk and this is why you're pissed 24/7 and can't go 5 posts without profanity.

It's okay...your life as a hopeless loser who has their shortcomings brought up at every turn is ample evidence of why you are the way you are. I'm guessing it started in the crib back in the shanty town you came from. Being Destitute and hopeless were ways of life and skewed your outlook ever since.

So your brain doesn't function like that of most adults. Mental illness such as yours is rare indeed. Usually it takes some sort of triggering event; in your case I think it was the desperation at never being good enough, never measuring up, and never being loved by anyone or, perhaps, anything. In short, your life is nothing but trigger after trigger that has lead you to the place where you cheer for assassins, think polluting public drinking water is fine and think nothing is wrong with wholesale profanity.

Last edited:
Robert E. Lee.
His Brutality To His Slaves.

Let's hear from one of Lee's slaves on how benevolent he was::​

My name is Wesley Norris; I was born a slave on the plantation of George Parke Custis; after the death of Mr. Custis, Gen. Lee, who had been made executor of the estate, assumed control of the slaves, in number about seventy; it was the general impression among the slaves of Mr. Custis that on his death they should be forever free; in fact this statement had been made to them by Mr. C. years before; at his death we were informed by Gen. Lee that by the conditions of the will we must remain slaves for five years;

I remained with Gen. Lee for about seventeen months, when my sister Mary, a cousin of ours, and I determined to run away, which we did in the year 1859; we had already reached Westminster, in Maryland, on our way to the North, when we were apprehended and thrown into prison, and Gen. Lee notified of our arrest; we remained in prison fifteen days, when we were sent back to Arlington; we were immediately taken before Gen. Lee, who demanded the reason why we ran away; we frankly told him that we considered ourselves free;

he then told us he would teach us a lesson we never would forget; he then ordered us to the barn, where, in his presence, we were tied firmly to posts by a Mr. Gwin, our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, excepting my sister, who received but twenty; we were accordingly stripped to the skin by the overseer, who, however, had sufficient humanity to decline whipping us; accordingly Dick Williams, a county constable, was called in, who gave us the number of lashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to lay it on well, an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh,

Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done
. After this my cousin and myself were sent to Hanover Court-House jail, my sister being sent to Richmond to an agent to be hired; we remained in jail about a week, when we were sent to Nelson county, where we were hired out by Gen. Lee’s agent to work on the Orange and Alexander railroad; we remained thus employed for about seven months, and were then sent to Alabama, and put to work on what is known as the Northeastern railroad; in January, 1863, we were sent to Richmond, from which place I finally made my escape through the rebel lines to freedom; I have nothing further to say; what I have stated is true in every particular, and I can at any time bring at least a dozen witnesses, both white and black, to substantiate my statements: I am at present employed by the Government; and am at work in the National Cemetery on Arlington Heights, where I can be found by those who desire further particulars; my sister referred to is at present employed by the French Minister at Washington, and will confirm my statement."

Robert E. Lee His Brutality to His Slaves 1866 . By Wesley Norris in NATIONAL ANTI-SLAVERY STANDARD Vol. XXVI. No. 49 April 14 1866 . Whole No. 1 349 Fair Use Repository

Bottom line, Lee owned slaves and he fought for the side to preserve the practice.

Bottom line, since he was going with the North if Virginia didn't secede, that wasn't his motivation. He was fighting for his home, his State.

Paperview says your homes and families and community and business and property don't matter. He's an idiot.

In fact, had Virginia not voted for secession, he almost certainly would have been the commanding general of the north. Lincoln even offered him the job, but once Virginia went with secession he couldn't bare to fight against his beloved home. He knew slavery had no future, and he personally would have chosen to end the practice to prevent the divided nation.

And? If there had been no war started by the South, that would have meant nothing.

We believe in fighting wars that are just, you believe in fighting wars you can win. Who's the hawk? LOL.

The Union fought a war that was just and they won. A twofer. :D

That war was in no way "just."
It's just because the Union was attacked first. Just like WWII was just for the Union because Japan attacked us first and Nazi Germany declared war on us first.

Pearl Harbor was American soil. Ft Sumter was South Carolina territory, not US territory. The Union was not attacked. South Caroline kicked some trespassers out of its territory. Lincoln had as much justification for invading Virginia as Hitler had for invading Poland or Saddam had for invading Kuwait.
No, Ft. Sumter was US territory. No matter how you wish it otherwise.

Robert E. Lee.

My name is Wesley Norris; I was born a slave on the plantation of George Parke Custis; after the death of Mr. Custis, Gen. Lee, who had been made executor of the estate, assumed control of the slaves, in number about seventy; it was the general impression among the slaves of Mr. Custis that on his death they should be forever free; in fact this statement had been made to them by Mr. C. years before; at his death we were informed by Gen. Lee that by the conditions of the will we must remain slaves for five years;

I remained with Gen. Lee for about seventeen months, when my sister Mary, a cousin of ours, and I determined to run away, which we did in the year 1859; we had already reached Westminster, in Maryland, on our way to the North, when we were apprehended and thrown into prison, and Gen. Lee notified of our arrest; we remained in prison fifteen days, when we were sent back to Arlington; we were immediately taken before Gen. Lee, who demanded the reason why we ran away; we frankly told him that we considered ourselves free;

he then told us he would teach us a lesson we never would forget; he then ordered us to the barn, where, in his presence, we were tied firmly to posts by a Mr. Gwin, our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, excepting my sister, who received but twenty; we were accordingly stripped to the skin by the overseer, who, however, had sufficient humanity to decline whipping us; accordingly Dick Williams, a county constable, was called in, who gave us the number of lashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to lay it on well, an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh,

Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done
. After this my cousin and myself were sent to Hanover Court-House jail, my sister being sent to Richmond to an agent to be hired; we remained in jail about a week, when we were sent to Nelson county, where we were hired out by Gen. Lee’s agent to work on the Orange and Alexander railroad; we remained thus employed for about seven months, and were then sent to Alabama, and put to work on what is known as the Northeastern railroad; in January, 1863, we were sent to Richmond, from which place I finally made my escape through the rebel lines to freedom; I have nothing further to say; what I have stated is true in every particular, and I can at any time bring at least a dozen witnesses, both white and black, to substantiate my statements: I am at present employed by the Government; and am at work in the National Cemetery on Arlington Heights, where I can be found by those who desire further particulars; my sister referred to is at present employed by the French Minister at Washington, and will confirm my statement."

Robert E. Lee His Brutality to His Slaves 1866 . By Wesley Norris in NATIONAL ANTI-SLAVERY STANDARD Vol. XXVI. No. 49 April 14 1866 . Whole No. 1 349 Fair Use Repository

Bottom line, Lee owned slaves and he fought for the side to preserve the practice.

Bottom line, since he was going with the North if Virginia didn't secede, that wasn't his motivation. He was fighting for his home, his State.

Paperview says your homes and families and community and business and property don't matter. He's an idiot.

In fact, had Virginia not voted for secession, he almost certainly would have been the commanding general of the north. Lincoln even offered him the job, but once Virginia went with secession he couldn't bare to fight against his beloved home. He knew slavery had no future, and he personally would have chosen to end the practice to prevent the divided nation.
how, with his magic wand?

:rofl:

oh please, he chose rebellion over unity of the USA. he was a traitor. All traitors have reasons

Robert E. Lee.

Given Lee's ambiguous orders to Ewell at Gettysburg, let me offer a "whew" that he wasn't in the Union army.

Looks like the "north" just ass whooped the "south" once again!

How many centuries are you sore losers going to cry about this?

There is no end in sight to Southern butt-hurt. It's been a hilarious thread that has exposed their level of idiocy some didn't know was there. Also telling was how many decided to sit it out....A sure sign the OP is the stuff of the insane.

You can declare victory until the day the government pays off the national debt. That won't make it true. The bottom line is that every claim you have made has been shot down.

You lose.

Every claim? You boy surrendered and died broke and forgotten. Fact

The idea to invade the North was foolish by any standard; the ambiguity of the orders given to Ewell by Lee lead Longstreet to have to charge up a hill, exposed. Fact.

The South was (and still is) dependent on the North (largely) for aid to its now-legendary enclaves of poverty...pretty much everything between Atlanta and Houston.

You're bitching at being exposed to the truth and your weak argument is just a source of humor for your betters. Fact.
moron alert!!

We believe in fighting wars that are just, you believe in fighting wars you can win. Who's the hawk? LOL.

The Union fought a war that was just and they won. A twofer. :D

That war was in no way "just."
It's just because the Union was attacked first. Just like WWII was just for the Union because Japan attacked us first and Nazi Germany declared war on us first.

Pearl Harbor was American soil. Ft Sumter was South Carolina territory, not US territory. The Union was not attacked. South Caroline kicked some trespassers out of its territory. Lincoln had as much justification for invading Virginia as Hitler had for invading Poland or Saddam had for invading Kuwait.
No, Ft. Sumter was US territory. No matter how you wish it otherwise.

You highlight the first realm of idiocy of his argument. Here is what he is saying happened....

The US Government built these forts around the nation. The State government voted to leave the US so any US Government property, therefore, becomes the property of the State.

Can you imagine, if this were to happen today, that he'd be okay with the items his supposed tax money went to build and create were to be confiscated by Michigan or Indiana?

There is no end in sight to Southern butt-hurt. It's been a hilarious thread that has exposed their level of idiocy some didn't know was there. Also telling was how many decided to sit it out....A sure sign the OP is the stuff of the insane.

You can declare victory until the day the government pays off the national debt. That won't make it true. The bottom line is that every claim you have made has been shot down.

You lose.

The idea to invade the North was foolish by any standard; the ambiguity of the orders given to Ewell by Lee lead Longstreet to have to charge up a hill, exposed. Fact.

The South was (and still is) dependent on the North (largely) for aid to its now-legendary enclaves of poverty...pretty much everything between Atlanta and Houston.

You're bitching at being exposed to the truth and your weak argument is just a source of humor for your betters. Fact.
moron alert!!

Thanks for announcing your presence.

You lose.

moron alert!!

I know you are, but what am I?

You lose.

moron alert!!

Precisely I expected from a self-professed multi-millionaire such as yourself. :rofl:

You lose.

moron alert!!

Precisely I expected from a self-professed multi-millionaire such as yourself. :rofl:
Liar. I never said I'm a multi-millionaire. I said I paid millions in taxes. What a POS moron you are.

moron alert!!

Liar. I never said I'm a multi-millionaire. I said I paid millions in taxes. What a POS moron you are.

Of course you have....shortly before you rode your unicorn to work at the cloud factory. You're so special.

All you dumbasses haven't won a single point in this entire thread. All you can do is sling ad hominems and personal attacks around.

You should probably just say that Robert E. Lee was one of the greatest commanders this nation ever produced and just let it go at that.

how can you have the consent of the governed when the governed are forced to consent?
one word: elections

So you force them to stay in a union they don't want to be in, but call it consent when you outvote them? LOL, yeah, that's consent.
why don't you leave America?

Love liberal tolerance. Why don't you leave? China, North Korea are both still Communist.
I don't like communism, but you do hate America

You don't like communism, but you agree with every plank of the Communist party.

The claim that kaz hates America is pure idiocy.

All you dumbasses haven't won a single point in this entire thread. All you can do is sling ad hominems and personal attacks around.

You should probably just say that Robert E. Lee was one of the greatest commanders this nation ever produced and just let it go at that.

I'm not really sure that is true. Great commanders win. He lost.

Forum List

Back