Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

one word: elections

So you force them to stay in a union they don't want to be in, but call it consent when you outvote them? LOL, yeah, that's consent.
why don't you leave America?

Love liberal tolerance. Why don't you leave? China, North Korea are both still Communist.
Hey, chickie, you're the one saying you're being forced to stay here.

You're not. If you don't want people to suggest you leave, stop lying about being forced to live in the country and abide by our laws.

Strawman and begging the question. Wow, in a one liner you got two fallacies. Nicely done.

Once again, you show the rigid intolerance of the left. So are you a dick in real life, or do you just play one on message boards?
Ironic post is ironic.

Robert E. Lee was a great American. He deserves a holiday

CIVIL WAR OP-ED Remembering Robert E. Lee American Patriot and Southern Hero Huntington News

Sir Winston Churchill called General Robert E. Lee, “one of the noblest Americans who ever lived.”

Please let me call to your attention that Monday, January 19, 2015, is the 208th birthday of Robert E. Lee, whose memory is still dear in the hearts of many Southerners. Why is this man so honored in the South and respected in the North? Lee was even respected by the soldiers of Union blue who fought against him during the War Between the States.

What is your community doing to commemorate the birthday of this great American?

General Lee’s portrait adorns the State Capitol in Atlanta where the Georgia Division Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted their 1st Lee birthday in 1988. The SCV will host their annual Robert E. Lee birthday celebration on Saturday January 17, 2015 at Georgia’s Old Secession Capitol on Greene Street in Milledgeville. Read more at: 2015 Annual Robert E Lee Birthday Celebration

During Robert E. Lee's 100th birthday in 1907, Charles Francis Adams, Jr., a former Union Commander and grandson of US President John Quincy Adams, spoke in tribute to Robert E. Lee at Washington and Lee College's Lee Chapel in Lexington, Virginia. His speech was printed in both Northern and Southern newspapers and is said to had lifted Lee to a renewed respect among the American people.

And In Lexington, Virginia events are scheduled for the birthday of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson on January 16th and 17th. Read more at: Home - Lee-Jackson Day Lexington VA

Dr. Edward C. Smith, respected African-American Professor of History at American University in Washington, D.C. , told the audience in Atlanta, Ga. during a 1995 Robert E. Lee birthday event, quote 'Dr. Martin Luther King and Robert E. Lee were individuals worthy of emulation because they understood history.' Unquote

Lee was a great man. A true Statesman and brilliant military tactician. Too bad we didn't have more Robert E. Lees around these days.
You said: Too bad we didn't have more Robert E. Lees around these days.

We do. They are called "David Dukes without the baggage".
Robert E. Lee was a man of uncommon character. His equal doesn't exist anywhere today. Songs were made about him, monuments sculpted, and Army bases named after him. A worthless flea like you couldn't possibly insult him.
You said: Songs were made about him

I know.

It carries the cotton awaaaaayyyy!

One of my favorites.

Especially popular in the south.

And any Army officer who surrenders federal forts.....you applaud, right?
When they're outgunned yes. The fort was still under construction and didn't possess the armaments to fend off a full scale seige. The cannon balls didn't have the needed point detonating fuses so they couldn't explode. What few shells they managed to fire were ineffective. Not taking the opportunity to surrender was a terrible mistake.
Which shows that it was of no threat to the new Confederacy. Thanks for showing that. So the South fired on a harmless federal installation....why? To start a war they couldn't win. Pretty stupid....but not surprising.

It was in the entrance to Charleston Harbor, moron.
And? If there had been no war started by the South, that would have meant nothing.

We believe in fighting wars that are just, you believe in fighting wars you can win. Who's the hawk? LOL.

The Union fought a war that was just and they won. A twofer. :D

When they're outgunned yes. The fort was still under construction and didn't possess the armaments to fend off a full scale seige. The cannon balls didn't have the needed point detonating fuses so they couldn't explode. What few shells they managed to fire were ineffective. Not taking the opportunity to surrender was a terrible mistake.
Which shows that it was of no threat to the new Confederacy. Thanks for showing that. So the South fired on a harmless federal installation....why? To start a war they couldn't win. Pretty stupid....but not surprising.

And? If there had been no war started by the South, that would have meant nothing.

We believe in fighting wars that are just, you believe in fighting wars you can win. Who's the hawk? LOL.

And the south fought a was to prove they were better than the slaves and lost.

how can you have the consent of the governed when the governed are forced to consent?
one word: elections

So you force them to stay in a union they don't want to be in, but call it consent when you outvote them? LOL, yeah, that's consent.
why don't you leave America?

Love liberal tolerance. Why don't you leave? China, North Korea are both still Communist.
Hey, chickie, you're the one saying you're being forced to stay here.

You're not. If you don't want people to suggest you leave, stop lying about being forced to live in the country and abide by our laws.

That isn't what he said, you boot-licking ignoramus.

Last edited:

That war was in no way "just."

And the south fought a was to prove they were better than the slaves and lost.

Apparently you fought a war with English and lost.

Looks like the "north" just ass whooped the "south" once again!

How many centuries are you sore losers going to cry about this?

If Houston decided it wanted to leave the State of Texas could it?

Well, if Houston decided to leave the State of Texas, could it?

Chirp....chirp....chirp...

I guess I could declare my condo as being a new country as well???

Why shouldn't you be able to? I think everyone should be able to secede from whatever level of government they wish to secede from. The notion that you owe fealty to some politicians simply because you were born in a certain location is ridiculous.

And if your 15 year old daughter wanted to succeed from the family....why should she ow some "fealty" to you simply because you happened to contribute something to her creation?

You are an idiot of monumental proportions.

You're the one saying I could make my condominium a nation onto itself. And you're calling other people an "idiot"? How very funny you are.

Well, if Houston decided to leave the State of Texas, could it?

Why shouldn't you be able to? I think everyone should be able to secede from whatever level of government they wish to secede from. The notion that you owe fealty to some politicians simply because you were born in a certain location is ridiculous.

And if your 15 year old daughter wanted to succeed from the family....why should she ow some "fealty" to you simply because you happened to contribute something to her creation?

You're the one saying I could make my condominium a nation onto itself. And you're calling other people an "idiot"? How very funny you are.

You're too stupid to be worth debating.

All you dumbasses haven't won a single point in this entire thread. All you can do is sling ad hominems and personal attacks around.

It's just because the Union was attacked first. Just like WWII was just for the Union because Japan attacked us first and Nazi Germany declared war on us first.

All you dumbasses haven't won a single point in this entire thread. All you can do is sling ad hominems and personal attacks around.
Keep telling yourself that....perhaps if you repeat it enough, you might convince yourself. After all that's what the "Lost Cause" movement is all about.....convincing yourself.

There is no end in sight to Southern butt-hurt. It's been a hilarious thread that has exposed their level of idiocy some didn't know was there. Also telling was how many decided to sit it out....A sure sign the OP is the stuff of the insane.

Have you tried seceding from your part of the trailer park yet? How'd that go over with the gub-nah? If not...why not?

It's just because the Union was attacked first. Just like WWII was just for the Union because Japan attacked us first and Nazi Germany declared war on us first.

Pearl Harbor was American soil. Ft Sumter was South Carolina territory, not US territory. The Union was not attacked. South Caroline kicked some trespassers out of its territory. Lincoln had as much justification for invading Virginia as Hitler had for invading Poland or Saddam had for invading Kuwait.

Keep telling yourself that....perhaps if you repeat it enough, you might convince yourself. After all that's what the "Lost Cause" movement is all about.....convincing yourself.

See, another ad hominem. You haven't won a single point in this entire thread.

Have you tried seceding from your part of the trailer park yet? How'd that go over with the gub-nah? If not...why not?

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

There is no end in sight to Southern butt-hurt. It's been a hilarious thread that has exposed their level of idiocy some didn't know was there. Also telling was how many decided to sit it out....A sure sign the OP is the stuff of the insane.

You can declare victory until the day the government pays off the national debt. That won't make it true. The bottom line is that every claim you have made has been shot down.

You lose.

You can declare victory until the day the government pays off the national debt. That won't make it true. The bottom line is that every claim you have made has been shot down.

You lose.

Every claim? You boy surrendered and died broke and forgotten. Fact

The idea to invade the North was foolish by any standard; the ambiguity of the orders given to Ewell by Lee lead Longstreet to have to charge up a hill, exposed. Fact.

The South was (and still is) dependent on the North (largely) for aid to its now-legendary enclaves of poverty...pretty much everything between Atlanta and Houston.

You're bitching at being exposed to the truth and your weak argument is just a source of humor for your betters. Fact.

Forum List

Back