When should the economy reopen in full

• Immediately

• When Fauci and Birx say so

• June 1st

• When we have a vaccine

• FIVE YEARS - Favorite of USMB's U2 Edge

• NEVER -- Let Anarchy reign

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe we need to reopen ASAP. We know the risks. Barbershops, gyms, restaurants, hotels, etc. are dying. We don't close the economy during every flu season we should not close it now. The brief shutdown has allowed our hospitals to be ready for the virus. We have ventilators, masks and information. Warm weather is coming. Let the people choose.

I welcome your thoughts.

I voted for anarchy...

Fact is before opening I believe everyone need to be tested not once but twice in a fourteen day period and this should have been done back at the end of March.

Had we done that then we would have known how many had the virus and how many did not have it.

Also when a real Pandemic does happen society will reject the Government wishes and billions will die because of how far our Governments went with this Virus and trying to stop the spread...
I was tested, turns out I have an IQ of 456.

Getting on a scale does not mean your weight is your IQ...

Anyhoo, the fact is we can not hide from the virus and we should have done things differently but now we must move forward.

If States want to reopen then so be it and if they want to stay close then so be it.

Federal Government can reopen their agencies and lands and States can not interfere with this and States will have to open agencies that work with key Federal Agencies.

As for private businesses that is their choice and unless the City, County, State or Federal Government has a contract with the business then the owner will make the choice to open or stay close but if the owner has a contract with any government agency then they will most likely be forced to open and honor their contract.

So open and let kill Humanity!!!

( Last Comment is from a insane person, so consider the source )
So, you are saying I'm not smrt?

You are a Fart Smeller... I mean Smart as can be... For a Texan...

But getting back to the subject the reopening is a State to State issue and like Coyote said we need to look at it not through our Partisan glasses but with reality instead...
If we had been looking at this through reality, nearly the whole goddamn nation wouldn't be shut down.....That ship sailed around 15 March.

Locking us up in our homes WILL NOT kill off the virus.

And yet you do not want to test and make false claims that I wrote testing only once during a fourteen day period.

A State did not have to close itself down, so blame your damn governor for their reaction and if they refuse to open up again blame them but it is amazing how you believe this Virus was no big deal when it closed down the entire World except for maybe Sweden...
It only closed down the entire world because that's what those in power wanted to do...What Sweden did is working and those "powers that be" are still mocking them.

Tells me everything I need to know about this shit show.

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.
If NH opens up and MA doesn’t, I ll be partying in NH tomorrow.

Go for it.
Well I am immune so it won’t bother me.

I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that someone can be immune to it after recovering from it.
Da fuq? Are you trying to challenge RealDave for the weapons-grade stupid title?
He's RDerp stoopit....RealDave is a piker.

How about the 5-year lockdown as proposed by the fake Edge from U2? LOL.

Do you have a quote for that? I didn't see him suggest that.
Go look at the thread. Reading his bullshit kills more brain cells than alcohol. Or ask him. He will readily admit it and state we did it in WW2.

I did. He was saying that an economy could recover from that if needed - he wasn't actually proposing that be done about our current situation.

I believe we need to reopen ASAP. We know the risks. Barbershops, gyms, restaurants, hotels, etc. are dying. We don't close the economy during every flu season we should not close it now. The brief shutdown has allowed our hospitals to be ready for the virus. We have ventilators, masks and information. Warm weather is coming. Let the people choose.

I welcome your thoughts.

We need another option. This can’t be a national one size fits all. Not when situations are different by state and municipality. I would say let local governors, mayors, and other officials make that determination locally.
Yeah but then people cross state lines and such. For example Indiana blocked golf so people crossed over into Illinois to play. Hence I left that option out. I do see your POV but just don’t see it as feasible
I just can’t see how a nation wide option is feasible when you have drastically different scenarios in say WV and N.Y....
It's totally feasible deary, before millions die of exposure and starvation.

I'm short on cash right now, but I need to be getting some yardbirds.

Serious irreparable damage has already been done.
My jobs going down to 1/3 of what was normal can be expected.
This is going to make 2007 look like a piker.
I get that. I will 99% likely be layed off in a few weeks.

I also live with my 83 yr old mother in law, and my husband who has CHF and COPD, in a state with an aging population and poor health statistics. I am the Primary breadwinner.

What do I do?
Vote for Trump.
I am not suicidal.

I welcome your thoughts.

We need another option. This can’t be a national one size fits all. Not when situations are different by state and municipality. I would say let local governors, mayors, and other officials make that determination locally.
Yeah but then people cross state lines and such. For example Indiana blocked golf so people crossed over into Illinois to play. Hence I left that option out. I do see your POV but just don’t see it as feasible
I just can’t see how a nation wide option is feasible when you have drastically different scenarios in say WV and N.Y....

I also live with my 83 yr old mother in law, and my husband who has CHF and COPD, in a state with an aging population and poor health statistics. I am the Primary breadwinner.

What do I do?
You need to isolate. You can also wash your hands and sanitize and do not touch your face. The virus is contagious but also easily killed. What do you do for work? Is it feasible to work remotely? You also bring forth another telling story. Out country is extremely out of shape. Fattest in the world. This virus is the damn Darwinist killer. My wife ran Boston 3x. The virus only took her smell and taste for a few days. It made me feel like I had a hangover and a cold. It attacks for sure but your immune system fights it. Maybe take vitamins to proactively strengthen your immune system and that of your mother and husband? My parents take like 10 vitamins per day each. They are insane but pretty healthy overall. Knock on wood.
Well, for me personally, it has been a weird year. I never ran a marathon, but I did a half marathon 5 years ago. For the past year...si ce a July when Mr C was so sick, I lost it. And then I was really sick with bronchitis twice, in Jan /feb and again in end of March, and I am still not normal lung wise (I am never normaly sick and was running 3 miles 4 times a week and hiking). Now I am still coughing! I actually wondered if I could have caught covid but I don’t think so, those around me would have been a lot sicker. Might be stress catching up. My m.i.l. Is super healthy for her age...but you can’t escape age.so I worry. I am working remotely, since mid March, but the economic reality for higher ed around the country is grim, and for us, in WV, with the covid very grim. To try and decrease the projected shortfall and avoid a RIF in the fall, many of us not essential for summer will be furloughed. First time in my adult life I will app,y for disability. I have worked my entire life. I suspect many here can share similar stories, so I truly get both the economic reality we are facing and the health reality. :(

Fact is before opening I believe everyone need to be tested not once but twice in a fourteen day period and this should have been done back at the end of March.
No nation on earth is capable of this TODAY... Its a pipe dream

This is why we use random samplings of regions.

IF your waiting for instant testing of the entire populace your going to de dead before the testing is complete.
And even so, testing is worthless because I could test negative today (which I probably won't because I was pretty sick for three days in early February) and get the virus tomorrow.

"Testing" is merely the latest moronmedia blabbering point.

So if you believe in no testing...which is what it sounds like...how do you protect the more vulnerable among us? Survival of the fittest?
Not trying to present a false dichotomy, but either most of us will survive or many more of us will not.
That's what we are looking at. Bigger than 1929 Depression.
It was all totally unnecessary and the media and government did this.

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.

Go for it.

I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that someone can be immune to it after recovering from it.
Actually we do!

Convolescant Plasma is proving we do develop immunities to this virus. We have medical staff who were infected and after recovering went back to work and have not been reinfected despite dealing with patients. We just dont know how long it lasts.

No nation on earth is capable of this TODAY... Its a pipe dream

This is why we use random samplings of regions.

IF your waiting for instant testing of the entire populace your going to de dead before the testing is complete.
And even so, testing is worthless because I could test negative today (which I probably won't because I was pretty sick for three days in early February) and get the virus tomorrow.

"Testing" is merely the latest moronmedia blabbering point.

So if you believe in no testing...which is what it sounds like...how do you protect the more vulnerable among us? Survival of the fittest?
Consider this:

Everyone is going to get this bug. No ifs ands or maybes. Flowers brought in, cards mailed in, a visitor who is asymptomatic, and on and on... You could test your staff weekly but it will not guarantee safety. You can employ PPE bu tit also is no guarantee. Recognizing it early and treating them is the only way through this. There are reasonable steps you can take but it will not stop the inevitable.

DO we live in fear or do we tackle this thing head on?
Live in fear....It's what her betters tell her to do.

Go for it.

Da fuq? Are you trying to challenge RealDave for the weapons-grade stupid title?
Wow!

Go for it.

Is that even possible?

Go look at the thread. Reading his bullshit kills more brain cells than alcohol. Or ask him. He will readily admit it and state we did it in WW2.

I did. He was saying that an economy could recover from that if needed - he wasn't actually proposing that be done about our current situation.
Then you didn’t read it correctly.

Go for it.

Actually we do!

Convolescant Plasma is proving we do develop immunities to this virus. We have medical staff who were infected and after recovering went back to work and have not been reinfected despite dealing with patients. We just dont know how long it lasts.
Pearls before swine, dude.

His exact quote:

You can lockdown for 3 years or 5 years if needed, the economic damage would be minimal.

Yea that's what I was looking at too. That's not proposing that we shut down for 3-5 years.

The rest of the quote:

"the economic damage would be minimal and repairable compared to say being NUKED. Hiroshima was nuked on August 6, 1945, but the city was fully rebuilt by 1958 and had a larger population in 1958 than in 1945."

I welcome your thoughts.

I voted for anarchy...

Had we done that then we would have known how many had the virus and how many did not have it.

Also when a real Pandemic does happen society will reject the Government wishes and billions will die because of how far our Governments went with this Virus and trying to stop the spread...
I was tested, turns out I have an IQ of 456.

Getting on a scale does not mean your weight is your IQ...

Anyhoo, the fact is we can not hide from the virus and we should have done things differently but now we must move forward.

If States want to reopen then so be it and if they want to stay close then so be it.

Federal Government can reopen their agencies and lands and States can not interfere with this and States will have to open agencies that work with key Federal Agencies.

As for private businesses that is their choice and unless the City, County, State or Federal Government has a contract with the business then the owner will make the choice to open or stay close but if the owner has a contract with any government agency then they will most likely be forced to open and honor their contract.

So open and let kill Humanity!!!

( Last Comment is from a insane person, so consider the source )
So, you are saying I'm not smrt?

You are a Fart Smeller... I mean Smart as can be... For a Texan...

But getting back to the subject the reopening is a State to State issue and like Coyote said we need to look at it not through our Partisan glasses but with reality instead...
If we had been looking at this through reality, nearly the whole goddamn nation wouldn't be shut down.....That ship sailed around 15 March.

Locking us up in our homes WILL NOT kill off the virus.

And yet you do not want to test and make false claims that I wrote testing only once during a fourteen day period.

A State did not have to close itself down, so blame your damn governor for their reaction and if they refuse to open up again blame them but it is amazing how you believe this Virus was no big deal when it closed down the entire World except for maybe Sweden...
It only closed down the entire world because that's what those in power wanted to do...What Sweden did is working and those "powers that be" are still mocking them.

Tells me everything I need to know about this shit show.

Really, and Sweden has had a uptick in the virus, so does that tell you something?

Also seeing Trump was for closing the Government down for a period of time does that mean he was gullible and if so why are you voting for him seeing how easily he fell for what you believe is a non issue?

I welcome your thoughts.

What do I do?
Vote for Trump.
I am not suicidal.

I welcome your thoughts.

What do I do?
You need to isolate. You can also wash your hands and sanitize and do not touch your face. The virus is contagious but also easily killed. What do you do for work? Is it feasible to work remotely? You also bring forth another telling story. Out country is extremely out of shape. Fattest in the world. This virus is the damn Darwinist killer. My wife ran Boston 3x. The virus only took her smell and taste for a few days. It made me feel like I had a hangover and a cold. It attacks for sure but your immune system fights it. Maybe take vitamins to proactively strengthen your immune system and that of your mother and husband? My parents take like 10 vitamins per day each. They are insane but pretty healthy overall. Knock on wood.
Well, for me personally, it has been a weird year. I never ran a marathon, but I did a half marathon 5 years ago. For the past year...si ce a July when Mr C was so sick, I lost it. And then I was really sick with bronchitis twice, in Jan /feb and again in end of March, and I am still not normal lung wise (I am never normaly sick and was running 3 miles 4 times a week and hiking). Now I am still coughing! I actually wondered if I could have caught covid but I don’t think so, those around me would have been a lot sicker. Might be stress catching up. My m.i.l. Is super healthy for her age...but you can’t escape age.so I worry. I am working remotely, since mid March, but the economic reality for higher ed around the country is grim, and for us, in WV, with the covid very grim. To try and decrease the projected shortfall and avoid a RIF in the fall, many of us not essential for summer will be furloughed. First time in my adult life I will app,y for disability. I have worked my entire life. I suspect many here can share similar stories, so I truly get both the economic reality we are facing and the health reality. :(
That sucks. Hang in there.

Ok, think what you want. But the context makes it perfectly clear.

His exact quote:

You can lockdown for 3 years or 5 years if needed, the economic damage would be minimal.

Yea that's what I was looking at too. That's not proposing that we shut down for 3-5 years.

The rest of the quote:

"the economic damage would be minimal and repairable compared to say being NUKED. Hiroshima was nuked on August 6, 1945, but the city was fully rebuilt by 1958 and had a larger population in 1958 than in 1945."
And keep reading. He mentions 5 years several times. And of course you become immune post infection. That is the whole point of herd immunity.

Ok, think what you want. But the context makes it perfectly clear.
That he doesn’t mind shutting the economy for 5 years. LOL. You’re just trolling now.

Go for it.

Show me then.

Forum List

Back