When should the economy reopen in full

• Immediately

• When Fauci and Birx say so

• June 1st

• When we have a vaccine

• FIVE YEARS - Favorite of USMB's U2 Edge

• NEVER -- Let Anarchy reign

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe we need to reopen ASAP. We know the risks. Barbershops, gyms, restaurants, hotels, etc. are dying. We don't close the economy during every flu season we should not close it now. The brief shutdown has allowed our hospitals to be ready for the virus. We have ventilators, masks and information. Warm weather is coming. Let the people choose.

I welcome your thoughts.

We need another option. This can’t be a national one size fits all. Not when situations are different by state and municipality. I would say let local governors, mayors, and other officials make that determination locally.
We "flattened the curve", which was the excuse for shutting everything down.....The hospitals will not be overrun, and hiding in our homes WILL NOT make the virus go away....It will only delay the inevitable spread and herd immunity.

Quit moving the goalposts, quit being a sniveling little coward, and let people go about their lives.

Life's tough, shit happens, wear a fucking helmet.
Where did we flatten the curve?
Oh fuck my life....New York didn't even need the Navy ship or the 30,000 ventilators that Governor Gomer demanded....All the latest studies indicate that the virus isn't any more deadly than the seasonal flu.

You obviously aren't up on current events, outside of what the asswipes at the China Nooz Network are all outraged about....Get your head out of your ass for a change.

Try answering the question for a change (and it might help if you wiped the fecal material from your eyes).

Explain to me how New York and West Virginia are on the same level in regard to this virus.

If you can.
Post a link that "proves" it soon.

I believe we need to reopen ASAP. We know the risks. Barbershops, gyms, restaurants, hotels, etc. are dying. We don't close the economy during every flu season we should not close it now. The brief shutdown has allowed our hospitals to be ready for the virus. We have ventilators, masks and information. Warm weather is coming. Let the people choose.

I welcome your thoughts.
I believe that every business can open if they take precautions and make some basic changes. We all are hanging out at Walmart and getting food etc. there is no reason every business can not implement distancing steps and hygiene behaviors. In a way Georgia is leading the way by opening up close contact businesses with tight social distancing controls. The next two weeks will tell the tale.

With California and NY leading the way with just over 20-25% of the populace already having recovered from this virus and the rest of the coutry not far behind them, its how we manage getting to a herd immunity state. At 50% penetration we can be fully open without fear of a sustained wave of infections. A slower reopeniong would allow us to get there in about 6 weeks.

I welcome your thoughts.

We need another option. This can’t be a national one size fits all. Not when situations are different by state and municipality. I would say let local governors, mayors, and other officials make that determination locally.
Yeah but then people cross state lines and such. For example Indiana blocked golf so people crossed over into Illinois to play. Hence I left that option out. I do see your POV but just don’t see it as feasible
I just can’t see how a nation wide option is feasible when you have drastically different scenarios in say WV and N.Y....
It's totally feasible deary, before millions die of exposure and starvation.

I'm short on cash right now, but I need to be getting some yardbirds.

Serious irreparable damage has already been done.
My jobs going down to 1/3 of what was normal can be expected.
This is going to make 2007 look like a piker.
I get that. I will 99% likely be layed off in a few weeks.

I also live with my 83 yr old mother in law, and my husband who has CHF and COPD, in a state with an aging population and poor health statistics. I am the Primary breadwinner.

What do I do?

I welcome your thoughts.

Yeah but then people cross state lines and such. For example Indiana blocked golf so people crossed over into Illinois to play. Hence I left that option out. I do see your POV but just don’t see it as feasible
I just can’t see how a nation wide option is feasible when you have drastically different scenarios in say WV and N.Y....

I also live with my 83 yr old mother in law, and my husband who has CHF and COPD, in a state with an aging population and poor health statistics. I am the Primary breadwinner.

What do I do?
Vote for Trump.

I welcome your thoughts.
I believe that every business can open if they take precautions and make some basic changes. We all are hanging out at Walmart and getting food etc. there is no reason every business can not implement distancing steps and hygiene behaviors. In a way Georgia is leading the way by opening up close contact businesses with tight social distancing controls. The next two weeks will tell the tale.

With California and NY leading the way with just over 20-25% of the populace already having recovered from this virus and the rest of the coutry not far behind them, its how we manage getting to a herd immunity state. At 50% penetration we can be fully open without fear of a sustained wave of infections. A slower reopeniong would allow us to get there in about 6 weeks.
Essentially, allowing local authorities to make that call could allow for that right?

I welcome your thoughts.

We "flattened the curve", which was the excuse for shutting everything down.....The hospitals will not be overrun, and hiding in our homes WILL NOT make the virus go away....It will only delay the inevitable spread and herd immunity.

Quit moving the goalposts, quit being a sniveling little coward, and let people go about their lives.

Oh fuck my life....New York didn't even need the Navy ship or the 30,000 ventilators that Governor Gomer demanded....All the latest studies indicate that the virus isn't any more deadly than the seasonal flu.

You obviously aren't up on current events, outside of what the asswipes at the China Nooz Network are all outraged about....Get your head out of your ass for a change.

Try answering the question for a change (and it might help if you wiped the fecal material from your eyes).

Explain to me how New York and West Virginia are on the same level in regard to this virus.

If you can.
"The curve" was a lie from the beginning....According to at least two very credible studies (one from Stanford, of all places), the virus is far more widespread than we've been told...Comparing WV and NY is entirely irrelevant....Unlike what Guido Cuomo might think, New York isn't the goddamn center of the universe....You've been sold a bill of goods and just don't give a fuck.

I welcome your thoughts.

What do I do?
Vote for Trump.
I am not suicidal.

I welcome your thoughts.

Essentially, allowing local authorities to make that call could allow for that right?
The poll thus far is telling. I hope more people opine.

Fact is before opening I believe everyone need to be tested not once but twice in a fourteen day period and this should have been done back at the end of March.
No nation on earth is capable of this TODAY... Its a pipe dream

This is why we use random samplings of regions.

IF your waiting for instant testing of the entire populace your going to de dead before the testing is complete.

I welcome your thoughts.

I voted for anarchy...

Fact is before opening I believe everyone need to be tested not once but twice in a fourteen day period and this should have been done back at the end of March.

Had we done that then we would have known how many had the virus and how many did not have it.

Also when a real Pandemic does happen society will reject the Government wishes and billions will die because of how far our Governments went with this Virus and trying to stop the spread...
I was tested, turns out I have an IQ of 456.

Getting on a scale does not mean your weight is your IQ...

Anyhoo, the fact is we can not hide from the virus and we should have done things differently but now we must move forward.

If States want to reopen then so be it and if they want to stay close then so be it.

Federal Government can reopen their agencies and lands and States can not interfere with this and States will have to open agencies that work with key Federal Agencies.

As for private businesses that is their choice and unless the City, County, State or Federal Government has a contract with the business then the owner will make the choice to open or stay close but if the owner has a contract with any government agency then they will most likely be forced to open and honor their contract.

So open and let kill Humanity!!!

( Last Comment is from a insane person, so consider the source )
So, you are saying I'm not smrt?

You are a Fart Smeller... I mean Smart as can be... For a Texan...

But getting back to the subject the reopening is a State to State issue and like Coyote said we need to look at it not through our Partisan glasses but with reality instead...

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.

I welcome your thoughts.

What do I do?
The best you can and don't be afraid to improvise.

I welcome your thoughts.

What do I do?
Vote for Trump.
I am not suicidal.

I welcome your thoughts.

What do I do?
You need to isolate. You can also wash your hands and sanitize and do not touch your face. The virus is contagious but also easily killed. What do you do for work? Is it feasible to work remotely? You also bring forth another telling story. Out country is extremely out of shape. Fattest in the world. This virus is the damn Darwinist killer. My wife ran Boston 3x. The virus only took her smell and taste for a few days. It made me feel like I had a hangover and a cold. It attacks for sure but your immune system fights it. Maybe take vitamins to proactively strengthen your immune system and that of your mother and husband? My parents take like 10 vitamins per day each. They are insane but pretty healthy overall. Knock on wood.

IF your waiting for instant testing of the entire populace your going to de dead before the testing is complete.
And even so, testing is worthless because I could test negative today (which I probably won't because I was pretty sick for three days in early February) and get the virus tomorrow.

"Testing" is merely the latest moronmedia blabbering point.

I welcome your thoughts.

If you can.
"The curve" was a lie from the beginning....According to at least two very credible studies (one from Stanford, of all places), the virus is far more widespread than we've been told...Comparing WV and NY is entirely irrelevant....Unlike what Guido Cuomo might think, New York isn't goddamn center of the universe....You've been sold a bill of goods and just don't give a fuck.

Where did you get the idea that N.Y. is the center of the universe? It is however hugely different from WV (or maybe you haven’t figured that part out yet.)

I read those studies, and they are limited. The Los Angeles one expressly says don’t draw broad conclusions from this. I tend to agree it is probably more wide spread due to a huge lack in testing. But there are unknowns. How many people have/had it? How many died of it who may have been assumed to have died from sonething else because no one might have thought to look for corona? How does immunity work? Does having had it confer immunity and for how long?

Keep pretending none of this matters in the calculus.

I welcome your thoughts.

If you can.
"The curve" was a lie from the beginning....According to at least two very credible studies (one from Stanford, of all places), the virus is far more widespread than we've been told...Comparing WV and NY is entirely irrelevant....Unlike what Guido Cuomo might think, New York isn't the goddamn center of the universe....You've been sold a bill of goods and just don't give a fuck.

Actually, The stanford study acknowledged that closing down was the only way to not suffer total system collapse. Remember that we had NO ACCUIRED IMMUNITIES to this virus. Allowing this virus to run unchecked would have made a huge bonfire of our helthcare system (and almost did take out NY). Our self quarintine slowed the spread and kept us from total collapse. The Stanford study also pointed out that EVERYONE WILL GET IT AT SOME POINT.

I welcome your thoughts.

The poll thus far is telling. I hope more people opine.
Well...I can’t answer the poll because my choice isn’t there,but I am always happy to opine as you know :p

And even so, testing is worthless because I could test negative today (which I probably won't because I was pretty sick for three days in early February) and get the virus tomorrow.

"Testing" is merely the latest moronmedia blabbering point.
Correct; testing is a snapshot in time. You could be tested and be negative and walk out the door, inhale the virus and your done.

Forum List

Back