Rep. Steve King to Governors: Call National Guard to Seal Border

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Now its on. Obama is going to screw this up stone cold too. I'm starting to feel for the guy..:(

-Geaux

===================

Rep. Steve King is asking the nation's border states to call in the National Guard to stop the tidal wave of illegal immigrants washing into the United States.

King, an Iowa Republican and a member of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security, told "The Steve Malzberg Show'' on Newsmax TV that President Barack Obama has failed to do enough to stop the influx.

"If he's not going to close that border," King said Wednesday, "then I'm calling upon the border governors to call up their National Guard, order their National Guard to the border . . . [and] seal the border.''

King was jolted on hearing that the president, after rejecting an invitation to tour the Texas border, was seen shooting pool and drinking beer in a photo-op with Colorado Gov. Bill Hickenlooper.

"It's getting harder and harder to explain these things away as being just mistakes made by a president,'' he said.

"We are a sanctuary nation and . . . he is poised to extend this unconstitutional position that allows for people to stay in America illegally until he should decide that they should go, [but] he's never going to decide that they go.

"We cannot presume that the Constitution means anything to him except an inconvenience. Neither does the law mean anything to him except an inconvenience.''

Read the rest here: Rep. Steve King to Governors: Call Up National Guard to Seal Border With Mexico

It's their reserved right by the 10th Amendment to defend themselves from Invasion. It is Obama's duty under Article IV, Section 4 of the United States Constitution to assist them during times of Invasion.

The House of Representatives should Call forward the Militia.

Last edited:
10525903_10152132766411836_3678322602642860450_n.jpg

Now its on. Obama is going to screw this up stone cold too. I'm starting to feel for the guy..:(

-Geaux

===================

Rep. Steve King is asking the nation's border states to call in the National Guard to stop the tidal wave of illegal immigrants washing into the United States.

King, an Iowa Republican and a member of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security, told "The Steve Malzberg Show'' on Newsmax TV that President Barack Obama has failed to do enough to stop the influx.

"If he's not going to close that border," King said Wednesday, "then I'm calling upon the border governors to call up their National Guard, order their National Guard to the border . . . [and] seal the border.''

King was jolted on hearing that the president, after rejecting an invitation to tour the Texas border, was seen shooting pool and drinking beer in a photo-op with Colorado Gov. Bill Hickenlooper.

"It's getting harder and harder to explain these things away as being just mistakes made by a president,'' he said.

"We are a sanctuary nation and . . . he is poised to extend this unconstitutional position that allows for people to stay in America illegally until he should decide that they should go, [but] he's never going to decide that they go.

"We cannot presume that the Constitution means anything to him except an inconvenience. Neither does the law mean anything to him except an inconvenience.''

Read the rest here: Rep. Steve King to Governors: Call Up National Guard to Seal Border With Mexico

If I didn't live in a border state I might as well.

National Guard in border states should also have shoot to kill orders.

Forum List

Back