Report: Level of poverty growing

And I actually spent time with you trying to come up with a business plan so you too can feel the real success of being a business owner.

What the hell are you talking about? You and I have never discussed anything of the sort. You must have me mixed up with someone else. This country is becoming a third world country where a handful own all of the wealth and power and the rest are there to scramble for the scraps if we stay on the same path we are on now. And it will be corporations pulling the puppet strings then. Do you want that? It is getting to where it is too expensive to EXIST on a minimalist roof and three meals lifestyle on one full time job. Why is that ok with you?

OK smart guy, what's your plan?

Cut them all off and send them off to work?

Lot's of good jobs these days, ay?

Or maybe they could just up and starve to death and quit breeding. Or maybe steal from the likes of us more successful types. We really don't want that now do we?

Had there never been a problem with poverty in this country in the first place, there never would have been a need for some kind of assistance from somewhere and that somewhere unfortunatley happens to be the government.

So quit your bellyaching about the poor and be thankful you're not among them.

Yo....my son at the age of 23 took an idea, made a business plan...followed it to the letter....and now 4 months later he is making dam good money.

And he started without a dime.

Good for him, I like to hear those kind of stories and wish him much success.

But regardless of what the Constitution might say, we are not all created equal. Some of us are born with more brain power than others and others still don't have the mental horsepower to provide for themselves at the most basic level of human existence. What do we do about them?

We help them.

We are not talking about those that cannot do for themselves.

It does not take rocket science mental strength to be a machinist. I have machinists on one of my payrolls that have been doing it for 20 years and are making 28 an hour with free healthcare. That is the equivalent of about 50K a year. Add in the salary of the wife who is a...I dont know...say....a bookkeeper making 40 a year and poof...they are nearly at 100K for the household with free healthcare.

AND...they get to go home at 5 on Friday and not worry about next week's payroll....the erroneous dicrimination law suit they must defend against...the unemployment ratio expense they must incurr...the rent for the shop they must pay...

And I actually spent time with you trying to come up with a business plan so you too can feel the real success of being a business owner.

What the hell are you talking about? You and I have never discussed anything of the sort. You must have me mixed up with someone else. This country is becoming a third world country where a handful own all of the wealth and power and the rest are there to scramble for the scraps if we stay on the same path we are on now. And it will be corporations pulling the puppet strings then. Do you want that? It is getting to where it is too expensive to EXIST on a minimalist roof and three meals lifestyle on one full time job. Why is that ok with you?

Are yoiu not in a japanese company in NYC that supplies, in part, the auto industry? I thought you were that person and I apologize.

Without those to purchase, business owners lose.

We know that. We do not wish to knock out those that buy from us.

Your theory is flawed.

Yo....my son at the age of 23 took an idea, made a business plan...followed it to the letter....and now 4 months later he is making dam good money.

And he started without a dime.

But regardless of what the Constitution might say, we are not all created equal. Some of us are born with more brain power than others and others still don't have the mental horsepower to provide for themselves at the most basic level of human existence. What do we do about them?

We help them.

It does not take rocket science mental strength to be a machinist. I have machinists on one of my payrolls that have been doing it for 20 years and are making 28 an hour with free healthcare. That is the equivalent of about 50K a year. Add in the salary of the wife who is a...I dont know...say....a bookkeeper making 40 a year and poof...they are nearly at 100K for the household with free healthcare.

AND...they get to go home at 5 on Friday and not worry about next week's payroll....the erroneous dicrimination law suit they must defend against...the unemployment ratio expense they must incurr...the rent for the shop they must pay...

No, it doesn't take rocket science mental strength to be a machinist but it does take a machine shop. And with foreign workers making a tenth of what American workers used to make (when they had jobs, that is) there aren't many machine shops left here in the U.S.

Now when I say this, I apologize if it sounds dicriminatory...and it will...but it is reality...

The day I go to Home Depot and see anything BUT undocumented immigrants looking for a day job is the day that I say we need to change things.

Last saturday, I saw about 50 undocumented immigrants. And how do I know they were undocumented? I needed 4 guys to help me but will NOT hire anyone without proof of citizenship as it was for work in my office.

I had to bring in some of my temps to do the work.

The road we are going...no one seems to NEED to go the extra yard to support themselves.

We help them.

No, it doesn't take rocket science mental strength to be a machinist but it does take a machine shop. And with foreign workers making a tenth of what American workers used to make (when they had jobs, that is) there aren't many machine shops left here in the U.S.

I am struggling to find experienced Acme Gridley guys.....they are out there...many in Michigan...but to relocate to NY? No way...they lose their Michigan entitlements.

God as my witness....this is true.

But that is EXACTLY what is going on.

No. It is not what is going on.

We are experiencing a recession. Do you know what causes the typical 6-8 year recession cycles? Consumers being over extended and/or over saturated with goods.

New technology comes out...all must have it...they buy it......they dont need to buy it for a while as it lasts a while....so the demand for it drops..

Recessions are caused by the lack of demand of goods....and yes, the result is less need for labor as less is needed to be produced...so yes, it results in layoffs...

For the "over extended" part of it. People buy with credit...get to a point that makes them lose sleep at night...so they stop buying so they can pay down their debt....and the same result.

That is why a stimulus does nothing but act as "pain relief".....you can give a man a job to dig a hole and another to fill it in...but if neither one of those men need a new TV, job or not, they are not going to buy one.

That is why the Bush tax stimulus of 2007 was a bust. People goit the money, but did not need anything so bad to spend it...so they saved it or paid down debt.

WE ARE N A RECESSION....I suggest you study on what causes recessions before you debate about recessions.

We are experiencing a recession. Do you know what causes the typical 6-8 year recession cycles? Consumers being over extended and/or over saturated with goods.

New technology comes out...all must have it...they buy it......they dont need to buy it for a while as it lasts a while....so the demand for it drops..

Recessions are caused by the lack of demand of goods....and yes, the result is less need for labor as less is needed to be produced...so yes, it results in layoffs...

For the "over extended" part of it. People buy with credit...get to a point that makes them lose sleep at night...so they stop buying so they can pay down their debt....and the same result.

That is why a stimulus does nothing but act as "pain relief".....you can give a man a job to dig a hole and another to fill it in...but if neither one of those men need a new TV, job or not, they are not going to buy one.

That is why the Bush tax stimulus of 2007 was a bust. People goit the money, but did not need anything so bad to spend it...so they saved it or paid down debt.

WE ARE N A RECESSION....I suggest you study on what causes recessions before you debate about recessions.

i Disagree.. We Are in A Depression!!!

No offense....but that is just a word. What we are experiencing now is nothing even close to what happened during the great depression.

Our markets have value....great value.

We are not in a depression.

You can blame a ton of it on the DEM congress.. some on Bush... and some even on the current administration, no matter how much a left winger wished to suck Obama's proverbial cock

How so? Just because YOU say so in your usual vulgar tone hardly makes it so. Exactly what have the Democrats (and Obama) done to exacerbate the amount of poverty in the US?

Larger government... higher taxation... entitlements instead of having people work their way out or improve their situation... These do not help those in poverty.. it is a perpetual crutch that keeps people in poverty at the whim of government power

Entitlements haven't changed; your taxes haven't been raised. I'm not arguing the expansion of government, only the fact that you claim it's all the fault of the Dems (and since 2006 no less!)

No offense....but that is just a word. What we are experiencing now is nothing even close to what happened during the great depression.

Our markets have value....great value.

We are not in a depression.

The *Numbers* That The Government is Spewing About our Unemployment Rate Are Lies.. The Real Story is MANY More People Unemployed and GROWING..

Now when I say this, I apologize if it sounds dicriminatory...and it will...but it is reality...

The day I go to Home Depot and see anything BUT undocumented immigrants looking for a day job is the day that I say we need to change things.

Last saturday, I saw about 50 undocumented immigrants. And how do I know they were undocumented? I needed 4 guys to help me but will NOT hire anyone without proof of citizenship as it was for work in my office.

I had to bring in some of my temps to do the work.

The road we are going...no one seems to NEED to go the extra yard to support themselves.

Had an American tried to stand there to get work, the Hispanics would have beat him up severely. It's not a matter of need, it's a mater of survival. We have been over run with foreigners. Heck, in my city a friend was told he might as well leave this city by an Hispanic because this is now THEIR city.

The government does not exist, nor should it exist, for wealth redistribution purposed in some Robin Hood scheme based on liberal guilt

You want your piece of the pie... work for it... invent something.. make yourself valuable... or hell, win the fucking lottery for all I care....

Retarded leftists think private property and holdings of others is owed to them

Well, must be you hold the framers of the Constitution in similar low regard because until an income tax was set in motion, the original Constitution called for a direct tax, which came primarily from property owners and the revenue therefrom spread to, gasp, even "poor houses" throughout the country.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Nowhere stating redistribution of wealth....

Wealth was redistributed to the top 2% wage earners in 2002 based upon a "trickle-down" theory which never happened. If it had, we would not even be having this discussion (rising level of poverty). Get it?

Forum List

Back