Report: Obama Knew a Year Before ACA Became Law Millions Would Lose Insurance

Hello nutters!

I am glad that I am not married to someone who takes every sentence I utter, interprets it in a way that they like, and uses it for years as a dagger with which to screw up our family life.

The President is guilty of overselling the idea that you can keep the plan you have. He did not mention that it meant the plan you have needs to be worth a shit. That is probably because he knows that dumb shits like you cannot think clearly when it comes to what he says.

That said....all the people who are crying about losing coverage.....are not losing coverage. They are getting some basic consumer protections.....which some will have to pay a little bit more for.

Will you ever get your heads around it? If you do, will you admit it? Or...will you keep repeating the bullshit because it feels good?

what protections?

The GD site doesn't work and from what has been reported the prices are ridiculous. Congress passed a waiver and Obama signed it exempting them.

The site is not the only way to buy insurance.

It will be fixed in time.

The prices are not ridiculous. They are lower than plans with basic protection that were available on the individual market.

People telling you that they have double or triple the premiums.....are lying.

My insurance doubled. Still, it's cheaper than the bronze plan at the health care exchange.

Show me some quotes with links to these imaginary prices.

what protections?

The GD site doesn't work and from what has been reported the prices are ridiculous. Congress passed a waiver and Obama signed it exempting them.

The prices are not ridiculous. They are lower than plans with basic protection that were available on the individual market.

My insurance doubled. Still, it's cheaper than the bronze plan at the health care exchange.

Bullshit.

No, the President did not tell the truth about grandfathering healthcare plans.

To deny that is comparable to denying that Bush lied us into Iraq.

The major difference is Bush believed what the entire free world intelligence community was telling him as well as many leading Democrats.

Obama just plain lied in order to get reelected.

Obama wasn't running for re-election when the ACA was being debated.

He was using his LIES about everyone being able to keep their health insurance and their doctor all during his campaign for reelection.

Last edited:
No shit.

That's the point.

That's also a circular argument.

So they need to get to work on immigration and the farm bill. This is stupid, it isn't going to change anything. You lost, it hurts.

Let it go.

Actually, you lost.

The man you adamantly supported had to lie to you to get you to support his initiative.

Think about it....he appreciated your support SO MUCH that he had to lie to you to get you to support his initiative.

No, my dear. You lost. My candidate lost, true. But you personally lost.

You just refuse to see it.

Actually, we ALL lost.

No lie, just the rational human's inability to foresee mindless Pub, and insurers', dishonesty and obstruction...

I'm not really sure why I'm asking....but why do you think NBC News is lying about the President? Any theories?

This all sounds very ominous until you consider that the naturally high turnover rate associated with the individual market means that it's highly unlikely that individuals would still be enrolled in plans from 2010 in 2014. In fact, the Obama administration publicly admitted this when it issued the regulations in 2010, leading Republicans like Sen. Mike Enzi (R-WY) to seize on the story in order to push for repeal of the grandfather regulations. Here is a story in The Hill from Sep. 22, 2010 pointing to this very same 40 to 67 percent range. [...]

The debate was widely covered in the press, so it's unclear what exactly the NBC investigation unit has uncovered.

Here Is What's Wrong With That Story About Obama Knowing That Your Health Care Policy Would Get Cancelled

Ok, so why haven't millions lost their insurance yet?

It's hard to buy into right-wing propaganda at the moment. These are the same clowns that say only 9 people have signed up for Obamacare, when we're well over 500,000 at the moment even without the websites being functional.

They have!

By merely adding up recent media reports, the National Center for Public Policy Research discovered that 1.5 million insurance cancellations have already gone out. These cancellations are all due to the ObamaCare mandate that requires every health insurance policy meet a minimum requirement of a one-size-fits-all Cadillac plan that forces people to pay for coverage they neither want nor need.

These are crap policies being cancelled btw...

Actually, many of them are decent policies; they just do not offer 100% coverage on all preventative care. Costs are being shifted in many cases. For some, the policies under the ACA will be cheaper, but for others they will be more expensive. While I do support the ACA and believe it is a step in the right direction, there need to be some changes.

ACA is a typically paternalistic, condescending, one-size fits all approach to health care. It takes away consumer choice and takes power away from the public that actually has to buy the insurance.

Does a 60 year old women need to pay for annual prostate exams? Does a 30 year old male need to pay for a yearly pelvic, pap smear, and mammogram? Or how about an elder couple paying for well baby exams?

Auditor, you and I have had discussions on this topic, and we generally agree. The system is broken. Obamacare makes it much worse. It is a complete disaster. The plug will be pulled on this monster...it's just a question of when.

Plug's only gonna be pulled if it's leading to something even more government-centered than it is now. People aren't gonna want to go back.

No lie, just the rational human's inability to foresee mindless Pub, and insurers', dishonesty and obstruction...

I'm not really sure why I'm asking....but why do you think NBC News is lying about the President? Any theories?

This all sounds very ominous until you consider that the naturally high turnover rate associated with the individual market means that it's highly unlikely that individuals would still be enrolled in plans from 2010 in 2014. In fact, the Obama administration publicly admitted this when it issued the regulations in 2010, leading Republicans like Sen. Mike Enzi (R-WY) to seize on the story in order to push for repeal of the grandfather regulations. Here is a story in The Hill from Sep. 22, 2010 pointing to this very same 40 to 67 percent range. [...]

The debate was widely covered in the press, so it's unclear what exactly the NBC investigation unit has uncovered.

Here Is What's Wrong With That Story About Obama Knowing That Your Health Care Policy Would Get Cancelled
Oh look, it's Bahgdad Red posting some worthless propaganda off his favorite commie lovers website.

Yes, the cheap insurance is junk insurance, they don't cover people and the costs can be very high if they have to go to the hospital.

The very high cost insurance isn't taking subsidies that you are allowed into consideration.

Here is a link to a good consumer website. Fill in the form, they don't ask for personal info but will help answer questions for your own situation.

Health Law Helper ? Affordable Care Act Interactive Tool

Irrelevant and immaterial. If I want to buy cheap insurance that covers my needs, it should be my choice to do so.

Nope, you can't. It's against the law.

How can that be? Obama told us half a dozen times that I could keep the insurance I had. Surely he didn't lie to the entire world did he?

Oh look, it's Bahgdad Red posting some worthless propaganda off his favorite commie lovers website.

What does Dick Morris have to say these days, numbnuts?

Well, he knew many people's insurance would improve, no cutoffs, no lifetime limit, ANNUAL CAP ON PATIENT SPENDING- TWITS, children till 26, GUARANTEED....BUT DIDN'T KNOW INSURERS AND PUBS WOULD ENJOY MESSING THINGS UP FOR MONEY LOL...SORRY YOU CHUMPS DON'T LIVE IN A CIVILIZED BLUE STATE LIKE NY where this works like a charm...but at last we're ending scams and crapppe insurance in general...States Rights as usual means being able to screw over your citizens...

Last edited:
what protections?

ANY insurance plan BEFORE this disaster was cheaper then a plan comparable to what you have in the obamacare.

I have not checked the bronze plans, but silver and golden ones ( which correspond to a standard PPO) are 3-5 times more expensive and cover much LESS

These are crap policies being cancelled btw...

No, theyre not. They are policies that people are paying for out of pocket. Now O is kicking them aside.

In regards to the President's promise:

1. The people who are having to transition into policies that are equal to or better than the ones they have,

but are paying the same or less than they paid before, have no complaint.

2. Anyone who is being forced into less coverage for the same or more cost has a legitimate complaint. I seriously doubt any such people exist.

3. Anyone who is being forced into more expensive coverage in order to meet the new minimum standards of ACA has a legitimate complaint.

Anyone in categories 2 and 3 above should be allowed the grandfather option, however,

if insurance companies are canceling policies that could have been grandfathered, that's another matter. That should not be allowed.

The very reason insurance companies are cancelling policies is because Obamacare made grandfathering those policies illegal.

I'd say the Republican House has failed in the eyes of the American people. They are so low in the polls, they may not be seen again despite the Gerrymandering.

Not a single Republican in the House voted for obamacare. I suggest that when the people get the bill for that clusterfuck of a bill, the Republicans will go up in the polls.

Hello nutters!

I am glad that I am not married to someone who takes every sentence I utter, interprets it in a way that they like, and uses it for years as a dagger with which to screw up our family life.

The President is guilty of overselling the idea that you can keep the plan you have. He did not mention that it meant the plan you have needs to be worth a shit. That is probably because he knows that dumb shits like you cannot think clearly when it comes to what he says.

That said....all the people who are crying about losing coverage.....are not losing coverage. They are getting some basic consumer protections.....which some will have to pay a little bit more for.

Will you ever get your heads around it? If you do, will you admit it? Or...will you keep repeating the bullshit because it feels good?

what protections?

CBS news posted a story yesterday about a 52 year old woman who's premiums went from $58 a month for a plan that met her needs, to an Obamacare Bronze plan that cost her $591 a month that did not meet her needs.

People who say the costs will not go way up for the majority of Americans are lying. :lol:

Last edited:

What does Hussein have to say these days, numbnuts? Oh that's right, one is dead, the other is lying his filthy muslim ass off, and you love it, moron.

The major difference is Bush believed what the entire free world intelligence community was telling him as well as many leading Democrats.

Obama just plain lied in order to get reelected.

No the difference is over 4000 Americans died because of Bush's lies. And tens of thousands were wounded.

The point is, just tell the truth about Bush and you won't have to be reminded by people like me that you didn't.

But back to the topic,

they should have let people grandfather any plan they wanted to into the post-ACA world,

or, made it clear to people which plans were simply unacceptable. Most of the cheap plans, pre-ACA, are a joke and a rip-off.

I told the truth about Bush. Care to document ONE of his lies? Are any of these people lying?
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source
"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source
"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

Remember, you are referring to the "History revisionists" on the left. What happened in the past doesn't matter. They merely change history to fit their needs. Hell, these limp-wrists have been doing it for years.

Next week, they'll claim we attacked ourselves at Pearl Harbor.

What does Hussein have to say these days, numbnuts? Oh that's right, one is dead, the other is lying his filthy muslim ass off, and you love it, moron.

Well, I definitely love how he makes stupid wingnut fucks such as yourself go all apeshit.

:D

Forum List

Back