Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

True, but as we all know, Democrats don't have common sense. That's why they're Democrats in the first place. This topic is proof positive of that.

Let's see, I want to lock up Americans that hire illegals, but I also want to give them drivers licenses so they can get to that job I'm against them having.

Does that sound like people who possess a trace of logic?????

And you rightwingnutjobs want to make sure the jobs that draw the illegals here are kept open for them and to have them on the roadways driving without protections. Give me a friggin break. Take away the jobs by sending the employers either to prison or fine them into non existance will keep the illegals off the streets and they won't have a reason to drive any where this side of the border.

And that's such a bunch of shit that even you can't believe it. HTF are you going to stop every employer from hiring illegals? According to the US Census, there were over 5.5 million employers when Trump took office, and likely even more now. Now the left are in charge of writing the laws, so tell them to do something about that. Tell them to put American employers in prison for ten years, and close down all these businesses across the US because they made a mistake by accidentally hiring an illegal alien. Go for it.

Nobody on the right are for them having jobs, it's just that we have the common sense to understand what a daunting task that would be to stop every one. We on the right still believe in innocent until proven guilty. We still believe in laws we all must follow. We still believe that everybody should have their day in court.

If an Employer showed reasonable caution in hiring and did accidently hire an illegal then there wouldn't be much of a fine and certainly no jail. Just looking around here, you know, "Real Life", there are crews doing carpet where only a couple speaks any english and the rest, it's a pretty good guess they are illegals. I have friends that are in that business and lose contracts to these other "Businesses" that can underbid on every contract as long as the real employer doesn't care if it's done by legal workers or not. It's a huge problem in the construction industry. If ICE raids the contractor, he just throws open the door and says, "Take them away" and runs in the next illegal batch.

The Employer will get his day in court but if almost his entire crew is deported he's going to be found guilty almost every time. Sentence him and that opens the jobs back up to LEGAL Employers. The crap that the Illegals don't take jobs is false. They do. A Laborer isn't a rocket scientist. And on some jobs, those Laborers make a nice living. Same goes for a lot of other construction jobs.

So it's a huge, daunting problem. The reason it's so huge and daunting is that its' allowed to keep happening over and over. If we start bagging the Employers that knowingly hire illegals (and this includes your Rump) then it starts to go down fast. If you give the HRs and such the tools to detect the employables not hire the ones that don't make that grade then it goes down even further. But it has to start somewhere.

It's actually pretty simple. No Jobs, No Drivers Licenses, no Housing. And that mean a lot fewer illegals.
You did good until you attacked Trump, then you lose because you made it political.

I just don't give Rump a free ride like you do. Rump Industries use Illegal Workers all the time. Rumps prized construction is build on the backs of illegals. It's not political. It's business. And it's illegal. It's just that it's been proven that Mar-a-Largo was originally built by illegals. That's not political, that just fact. Rump is just the highest profile business that it's been proven. Of course, the other one was fined something in the neighborhood between 50 and 90 million bucks. Now, that sounds like a lot but when you are talking about a multi billion dollar industry, that doesn't even bother a company. They pay the fine and just do it again since it will take the Feds another 5 years to get another conviction in a federal court. In the meantime, it's worth billions in profits. You don't like Rump Industries brought up about it, stop giving Rump a free ride on it. It's not politics, it's just business.
Like Trump said, change the policies and the game if want business people to comply with solid rules instead of the volital flexible rules that seem to change every day. All I know is that Trump is representing this nation right, and he is changing the rules and game into something everyone can believe in. Dwelling on the past is a bad idea when the man is actually guilty of doing his job for the American people, and especially while spending his time as the president for the people, and doing it for all of the people.

And you rightwingnutjobs want to make sure the jobs that draw the illegals here are kept open for them and to have them on the roadways driving without protections. Give me a friggin break. Take away the jobs by sending the employers either to prison or fine them into non existance will keep the illegals off the streets and they won't have a reason to drive any where this side of the border.

And that's such a bunch of shit that even you can't believe it. HTF are you going to stop every employer from hiring illegals? According to the US Census, there were over 5.5 million employers when Trump took office, and likely even more now. Now the left are in charge of writing the laws, so tell them to do something about that. Tell them to put American employers in prison for ten years, and close down all these businesses across the US because they made a mistake by accidentally hiring an illegal alien. Go for it.

Nobody on the right are for them having jobs, it's just that we have the common sense to understand what a daunting task that would be to stop every one. We on the right still believe in innocent until proven guilty. We still believe in laws we all must follow. We still believe that everybody should have their day in court.

If an Employer showed reasonable caution in hiring and did accidently hire an illegal then there wouldn't be much of a fine and certainly no jail. Just looking around here, you know, "Real Life", there are crews doing carpet where only a couple speaks any english and the rest, it's a pretty good guess they are illegals. I have friends that are in that business and lose contracts to these other "Businesses" that can underbid on every contract as long as the real employer doesn't care if it's done by legal workers or not. It's a huge problem in the construction industry. If ICE raids the contractor, he just throws open the door and says, "Take them away" and runs in the next illegal batch.

The Employer will get his day in court but if almost his entire crew is deported he's going to be found guilty almost every time. Sentence him and that opens the jobs back up to LEGAL Employers. The crap that the Illegals don't take jobs is false. They do. A Laborer isn't a rocket scientist. And on some jobs, those Laborers make a nice living. Same goes for a lot of other construction jobs.

So it's a huge, daunting problem. The reason it's so huge and daunting is that its' allowed to keep happening over and over. If we start bagging the Employers that knowingly hire illegals (and this includes your Rump) then it starts to go down fast. If you give the HRs and such the tools to detect the employables not hire the ones that don't make that grade then it goes down even further. But it has to start somewhere.

It's actually pretty simple. No Jobs, No Drivers Licenses, no Housing. And that mean a lot fewer illegals.

Fewer, but certainly not an end to the problem. You can't wait until the problem gets here, and then we have to deal with it. You'd never stop widespread diseases that way. You'd never survive cancer that way. You are not going to solve the immigrant problem that way either.

The lefts position is to go after American businesses, but keep their sanctuary cities, sanctuary states, warn locals when ICE is coming to their area to conduct raids, let their kids go to school, let them have anchor babies, provide them with drivers licenses, and then say the solution is to attack business that hire them.

If the illegals can't work, find housing or drive, what good is a sanctuary city? How long will the City last when it has to foot the bill for the illegals 100% themselves? Do away with the Jobs, Housing, Medical, Welfare and Drivers License and there is no need for a Sanctuary City to exist. You are just doing the old "Look over There" routine or throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks.

Why do you keep insisting I'm against the crackdown on hiring illegals? I'm not. I'm just trying to be realistic is all. I've done plenty of reading on it. You have to be able to prove the business knew they were hiring he illegals in the first place. It's too difficult to do, especially with all the fake identity around. Even if an employer knows they are hiring a person with not the most credible identity, you can't make a case against them if it's acceptable identity.

I remember when I was a young teen. There was this bar in town that younger people hung around. They didn't let you in without some form of identification. They knew what we presented was not authentic. But if they got busted, they could honestly tell the authorities we presented an ID that stated we were 21. That bar stayed open for generations.

We have laws in this country that protect these employers. We have little control over that. What we can control is sanctuary cities if we can keep Trump and get a Republican Congress. The problem is, even many Republicans are not for cracking down on illegal hiring practices. So we need to approach this from a way where we have the most control over.

Rather than face the real problems and coming up with solutions to prevent the hiring of illegals and putting employers that get caught hiring illegals away, you keep coming up with "Hey, Look over There".

You did good until you attacked Trump, then you lose because you made it political.

I just don't give Rump a free ride like you do. Rump Industries use Illegal Workers all the time. Rumps prized construction is build on the backs of illegals. It's not political. It's business. And it's illegal. It's just that it's been proven that Mar-a-Largo was originally built by illegals. That's not political, that just fact. Rump is just the highest profile business that it's been proven. Of course, the other one was fined something in the neighborhood between 50 and 90 million bucks. Now, that sounds like a lot but when you are talking about a multi billion dollar industry, that doesn't even bother a company. They pay the fine and just do it again since it will take the Feds another 5 years to get another conviction in a federal court. In the meantime, it's worth billions in profits. You don't like Rump Industries brought up about it, stop giving Rump a free ride on it. It's not politics, it's just business.
Like Trump said, change the policies and the game if want business people to comply with solid rules instead of the volital flexible rules that seem to change every day. All I know is that Trump is representing this nation right, and he is changing the rules and game into something everyone can believe in. Dwelling on the past is a bad idea when the man is actually guilty of doing his job for the American people, and especially while spending his time as the president for the people, and doing it for all of the people.

Again, stop doing the "Hey, look over there" routine and hit it where it really is. No jobs means no need for drivers licenses. No Housing means no need for Drivers Licenses. Do what is needed to setup up programs to deny the housing and jobs. And then those employers that continue to blatantly infract it lock their butts up and put them out of business. The legal employers will benefit.

Fewer, but certainly not an end to the problem. You can't wait until the problem gets here, and then we have to deal with it. You'd never stop widespread diseases that way. You'd never survive cancer that way. You are not going to solve the immigrant problem that way either.

The lefts position is to go after American businesses, but keep their sanctuary cities, sanctuary states, warn locals when ICE is coming to their area to conduct raids, let their kids go to school, let them have anchor babies, provide them with drivers licenses, and then say the solution is to attack business that hire them.

If the illegals can't work, find housing or drive, what good is a sanctuary city? How long will the City last when it has to foot the bill for the illegals 100% themselves? Do away with the Jobs, Housing, Medical, Welfare and Drivers License and there is no need for a Sanctuary City to exist. You are just doing the old "Look over There" routine or throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks.

Why do you keep insisting I'm against the crackdown on hiring illegals? I'm not. I'm just trying to be realistic is all. I've done plenty of reading on it. You have to be able to prove the business knew they were hiring he illegals in the first place. It's too difficult to do, especially with all the fake identity around. Even if an employer knows they are hiring a person with not the most credible identity, you can't make a case against them if it's acceptable identity.

I remember when I was a young teen. There was this bar in town that younger people hung around. They didn't let you in without some form of identification. They knew what we presented was not authentic. But if they got busted, they could honestly tell the authorities we presented an ID that stated we were 21. That bar stayed open for generations.

We have laws in this country that protect these employers. We have little control over that. What we can control is sanctuary cities if we can keep Trump and get a Republican Congress. The problem is, even many Republicans are not for cracking down on illegal hiring practices. So we need to approach this from a way where we have the most control over.

Rather than face the real problems and coming up with solutions to prevent the hiring of illegals and putting employers that get caught hiring illegals away, you keep coming up with "Hey, Look over There".

Seems to be your favorite phrase. Kind of like "The Russians!" for the Democrat party.

What you don't seem to understand is the complexity of the issue. As I stated, employers have an easy out with all this identity fraud that created an industry in this country. So let me give you an example of what your dream plan might do:

You have a factory of 500 employees between all shifts. The employer has 10 illegals working for him or her. Your idea is to lock this employer up, close down the plant, and put 490 Americans who depend on that factory to support their family, out of a job. Is this what you really want?

If those illegals were not in this country in the first place, they would have no opportunity to get these jobs. Again, employers have constitutional rights like any non-employer; innocent until proven guilty beyond a readable doubt.

My plan is the exact opposite of yours. Let's concentrate on the things we can control instead of the things we can't. Border wall, this idea Trump came up with by withholding funds from states that issue drivers licenses. Trumps policy of not giving green cards to people that are using them to take advantage of our generous social programs. These are entities that our President has control of.

Trumps approval rating is 49%

Uh, only in one poll.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Most polls have him down as low as 42%.

It was 41% when he won in 2016.

He didn't win in 2016. He lost by 3 million votes and only got the job on a technicality that won't be repeated.

You’re delusional if you believe that people want a Communist to replace him. I

Polls show him losing to Bernie by a wide margin... I'd rather have Bloomberg, but Bernie will do. Most people will realize the "Communist" will be penned in by Congress.

You didn't think any of this through, did you?

Of course you do, because you want invaders to feel as welcome as possible. You don't want a wall so they can sneak in with their family, you like the drugs killing Americans, you love sanctuary cities and states to protect them, you love that their kids get free education, or that they can drop anchor babies while here, you love motor voter laws so that they "accidentally" get registered to vote Democrat, you love that the commies stopped Kate's law, you love that they are driving around drunk and hurting or killing Americans on the road, you love all of it.

No, I love pragmatic, sensible laws.

I don't want a wall because it's a waste of money and it isn't who we are. My Dad was an immigrant. I like to think we welcome immigrants.

Americans who kill themselves taking drugs? Maybe you need to talk to big pharma, they are killing more people than the cartels are.

Yes, I do want the Sanctuary Cities to be able to enforce laws I care about because they aren't wasting time enforcing ones I don't care about.

I want to make sure their kids know how to function is society, because REALITY CHECK- they ain't going anywhere.

As for Drunk Drivers. Simple solution to both illegal and the vast majority of legal ones. Equip every car with a blow meter so you can't start it if you are drunk. Problem solved. DUI is a cash cow for corrupt governments, where they impose huge fines on some poor schlub who blows a .08 driving two blocks to get home. It should be the kind of big government you should be against. At least for white people.

Yeah Joe, I have a crystal ball where I could see this day coming. I was never in a position where I could take a year or two off of work, support myself, and go to school to do something else. You won't find many Americans that could. That's besides the fact I loved my career. Like my father, I always hated working inside. I've had inside jobs before to know it.

Yes, you should have saw this coming. You should have realized that you saw very few of your peers in their 50's and 60's.

For instance, at 18, I thought I'd to the military as a career. By the time I was 28 or so, I realized that it was unlikely that I'd make 20 or 30 years. So I planned for something else. I realized that I was never going get rich in purchasing, so I developed a second business that became a full time business. It's called, "Planning".

Like a typical commie, the person is at fault and never the government. Forget the fact I had health insurance coverage all my life until government got involved. Forget I was working just fine until government got involved. You people live by the creed Big Brother is never wrong, only people are.

Your boss cheated you out of health insurance, and you never got off your ass to find another job that did. Youclearly weren't working just fine if you couldn't pass the physical.

I don't know what you're crying about. After all, you won! This is what Democrats want; people who depend on government to survive. You should be applauding me. This is the leftist mentality. Stick up for people that never contributed anything to the tax system when they use every welfare program available and keep having kids, but heavily criticize those who forcibly paid into these programs all of their life and were put in a position of not being able to work THANKS TO GOVERNMENT.

I'm glad the government won't let you starve. I'm also glad they aren't letting people who work menial jobs starve. I'd RATHER have every American working a job that pays a living wage, but the one percenters won't allow that. I am also glad that the government took your broken down ass off the road. Driving in the morning is enough of a challenge with all these big rigs driving recklessly...

That's because the left are stupid. They really believe that Bernie (or any other communist) can do something about that. Oh, they can tax the wealthy, but taking their money won't help a working persons situation one bit. All it will do is chase wealth out of the country, and likely jobs that people have to support themselves and their family. That's the Democrat solution.

Uh, guy, let's get real. Any place the "rich" might want to go are places where they will tax them just as high, and they don't speak the language. Where they going to go, France? Yeah, good luck with that. The whole, "I'm going to take my ball and go home" works for a ten year old, but no so much for the country.

We did just fine after WWII when we taxed the wealthy, and a third of workers belonged to unions. Took the Wealthy 80 years to demolish that, but a special shout out to shitheads like you who watched them do it, but didn't want them darkies to get nothing! So now you are waiting for your government check just like they are.

Trumps approval rating is 49%

Uh, only in one poll.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Most polls have him down as low as 42%.

It was 41% when he won in 2016.

He didn't win in 2016. He lost by 3 million votes and only got the job on a technicality that won't be repeated.

You’re delusional if you believe that people want a Communist to replace him. I

Polls show him losing to Bernie by a wide margin... I'd rather have Bloomberg, but Bernie will do. Most people will realize the "Communist" will be penned in by Congress.

You didn't think any of this through, did you?
Gallup is the most accurate poll. If you believe polls at all. In America the EC matters not the majority of votes. You didn’t know that, did you? Just like in football, yards don’t matter. Points do. Bloomberg is basically a shorter and wealthier version of Trump. For someone who vilifies the rich you’re awfully eager to vote for someone who could spend $30bn tomorrow and not even feel the impact of that. If you believe Sanders would beat Trump in a general election, you’re delusional. You’re a hypocrite to boot.

Again, stop doing the "Hey, look over there" routine and hit it where it really is. No jobs means no need for drivers licenses. No Housing means no need for Drivers Licenses. Do what is needed to setup up programs to deny the housing and jobs. And then those employers that continue to blatantly infract it lock their butts up and put them out of business. The legal employers will benefit.
Quit making everything about Trump, as if you are trying to damage his presidency or his re-election to the presidency with every issue you can think of.

If you think that Trump was the only one that was being a businessman for whom was following the trends in which thousands upon thousands of business people were also following and using throughout the late 80's and 90's, and exploiting every loop hole given them all in the process, then you are nothing but a political hack with one purpose here. That purpose is to get Trump at any cost, even though the actions of the business community was in unison on how to use the migration of Mexican's into the U.S. for their factories, fields, construction, paving, carpentry, concrete work, tree work, landscaping, maid services, janitorial services excetra, excetra, excetra.

You are the lib wanting people to look over there while keeping their mind off of the job Trump is currently doing for America, and doing for the American people.

Yes, you should have saw this coming. You should have realized that you saw very few of your peers in their 50's and 60's.

For instance, at 18, I thought I'd to the military as a career. By the time I was 28 or so, I realized that it was unlikely that I'd make 20 or 30 years. So I planned for something else. I realized that I was never going get rich in purchasing, so I developed a second business that became a full time business. It's called, "Planning".

I did the same. When I was younger I was in the medical equipment work. I knew back then I couldn't pull oxygen tanks up two flights of stairs and carry electric hospital beds the rest of my life. Then I learned how to fix the equipment, went to several schools around the country. It was not a great paying job, so I went back into truck driving; something I started doing when I was 17 years old.

I was in great physical shape most of my adult life. I used to exercise, lift weights, I became a black belt at the age of 35. Nobody knows what the future holds.

Your boss cheated you out of health insurance, and you never got off your ass to find another job that did. Youclearly weren't working just fine if you couldn't pass the physical.

I always passed the physical, but the bureaucrats changed the standards of the physical. That's why I'm not working.

I'm glad the government won't let you starve. I'm also glad they aren't letting people who work menial jobs starve. I'd RATHER have every American working a job that pays a living wage, but the one percenters won't allow that. I am also glad that the government took your broken down ass off the road. Driving in the morning is enough of a challenge with all these big rigs driving recklessly...

Those big rigs driving recklessly are mostly driven by foreigners, you know, those minorities you love so much? We see them on the road all the time. It's a comedy show watching some of these people trying to back a trailer into a dock door. We would stand there and laugh about it.

You will find very few drivers with my record. No points, no CSA 2010 violations, no accidents in my name, and dozens of accidents I avoided. I never even scratched a trailer.

Uh, guy, let's get real. Any place the "rich" might want to go are places where they will tax them just as high, and they don't speak the language. Where they going to go, France? Yeah, good luck with that. The whole, "I'm going to take my ball and go home" works for a ten year old, but no so much for the country.

We did just fine after WWII when we taxed the wealthy, and a third of workers belonged to unions. Took the Wealthy 80 years to demolish that, but a special shout out to shitheads like you who watched them do it, but didn't want them darkies to get nothing! So now you are waiting for your government check just like they are.

Where are they going to go? What do you think took place in the 70's and after? They were leaving for all kinds of places. That's why the union movement had to be stopped. Industries were leaving the country in droves. They went to Brazil, China mostly, India, Taiwan, South Korea....... How do I know this? I delivered crates to those companies to pack their machines in.

Years ago our wages were closer to those in other countries. Thanks to the unions, when our wages went up one dollar an hour, theirs went up two cents. When our wages went up another dollar, theirs went up three cents. Eventually the distance became so great thanks to unions, that our wages are many dollars over theirs, and it made more financial sense to move out of the country. Anybody with a half of brain knew this pattern could not be sustainable. You have to give industry a reason not to move out of the country, otherwise, they will. That's why Republicans support lower taxation on our job creators.

I did the same. When I was younger I was in the medical equipment work. I knew back then I couldn't pull oxygen tanks up two flights of stairs and carry electric hospital beds the rest of my life. Then I learned how to fix the equipment, went to several schools around the country. It was not a great paying job, so I went back into truck driving; something I started doing when I was 17 years old.

I was in great physical shape most of my adult life. I used to exercise, lift weights, I became a black belt at the age of 35. Nobody knows what the future holds.

I always passed the physical, but the bureaucrats changed the standards of the physical. That's why I'm not working.

Those big rigs driving recklessly are mostly driven by foreigners, you know, those minorities you love so much? We see them on the road all the time. It's a comedy show watching some of these people trying to back a trailer into a dock door. We would stand there and laugh about it.

You will find very few drivers with my record. No points, no CSA 2010 violations, no accidents in my name, and dozens of accidents I avoided. I never even scratched a trailer.

Where are they going to go? What do you think took place in the 70's and after? They were leaving for all kinds of places. That's why the union movement had to be stopped. Industries were leaving the country in droves. They went to Brazil, China mostly, India, Taiwan, South Korea....... How do I know this? I delivered crates to those companies to pack their machines in.

Years ago our wages were closer to those in other countries. Thanks to the unions, when our wages went up one dollar an hour, theirs went up two cents. When our wages went up another dollar, theirs went up three cents. Eventually the distance became so great thanks to unions, that our wages are many dollars over theirs, and it made more financial sense to move out of the country. Anybody with a half of brain knew this pattern could not be sustainable. You have to give industry a reason not to move out of the country, otherwise, they will. That's why Republicans support lower taxation on our job creators.
Ray, please quit explaining anything to this feller, it ain't worth it. How he knows your personal business about you not working or failed a physical is interesting unless you told him.

You have to give industries a good reason to not move out of the country eh ???? Good grief. I could stay here all day on this subject with you, but I digress. It's not our fault Ray, and if you think that it is, then get help.

Just because someone comes up with a scheme to make more money, and to cheat a system by any means nessesary, doesn't mean that the good folks have to buy it all Hook line and sinker. That's purdy much what happened over time, and the poor American's post world war two have been led to the slaughter after all our efforts in that war to fight the very thing that's happened to us now.

You have to give industries a good reason to not move out of the country eh ???? Good grief. I could stay here all day on this subject with you, but I digress. It's not our fault Ray, and if you think that it is, then get help.

Just because someone comes up with a scheme to make more money, and to cheat a system by any means nessesary, doesn't mean that the good folks have to buy it all Hook line and sinker. That's purdy much what happened over time, and the poor American's post world war two have been led to the slaughter after all our efforts in that war to fight the very thing that's happened to us now.

I never assigned fault to anybody, I'm just stating what it is. Yes, we need to give businesses a reason to stay in the country. That includes lower taxes, less regulation, and not having forced labor wage and benefits. It's the way cities and states lure businesses to their area. They grant tax abatements to get them to come there, or keep them there.

Just like cities and states compete against each other, so do other countries.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. The US allows nearly a million people a year to join our country and become citizens. Plus we hand out 50,000 Visa's and green cards a year. No other country does more for other people outside their borders than the US. I think that's more than enough.
Agree, but as you could see, I said only if it is done right. That includes everything in doing it right.

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.

All of which could be solved by kicking them out of the country, and preventing them coming here in the first place.

Your liberal friends here want to see you thrown in prison. If you highly suspect your maid is here illegally and not reporting her, then you sir are a criminal according to them.

The maid should be deported. He should hang for treason.

I never assigned fault to anybody, I'm just stating what it is. Yes, we need to give businesses a reason to stay in the country. That includes lower taxes, less regulation, and not having forced labor wage and benefits. It's the way cities and states lure businesses to their area. They grant tax abatements to get them to come there, or keep them there.

All good if dealing with upstanding players who abide by the rules, but we haven't had that, so we got what we got over the years. Yes unions were broken, but are we seeing the reason's why after all these years ? Was it the same reasoning behind throwing the border wide open with the Democrats ? Look Ray, don't you understand that you can't trust anyone anymore ? It's a shame, but it's true.

All good if dealing with upstanding players who abide by the rules, but we haven't had that, so we got what we got over the years. Yes unions were broken, but are we seeing the reason's why after all these years ? Was it the same reasoning behind throwing the border wide open with the Democrats ? Look Ray, don't you understand that you can't trust anyone anymore ? It's a shame, but it's true.

I dont't understand what you mean by playing by the rules. When it comes to unions, they got way too powerful and way too greedy. I could write a book on my experiences with union places. In fact, if I went to a new business I was unfamiliar with, I could tell you within ten minutes if they were union or not. Union people moved slower, had less of a concern about your situation. I've been to places that unloaded my truck, and when they were taking off the last pallet, the break buzzer would go off, and they'd stop the tow motor right at the end of the trailer, and make me wait 20 minutes until they got back.

Unions got so strong they were able to dictate who the company could hire, who they could fire, and who they had to promote when a higher position came up. They didn't go by how good or bad of a job you were doing; how capable you were of the advancement. It went by how long you were with the union.

When the only requirement of a worker is to be breathing to keep their job, you are going to have lower production rates. And again, unions inflated US workers out of the work force.

The last of the remaining customers with a union shop we had, voted the union out by the workers. It was a small shop, and the guy with the most seniority got the highest paid job via union regulations. The problem was, the guy couldn't do the job. So the owner of the company had to spend much of his day doing the job for him. So the employees got tougher and got rid of the union. Immediately afterwards, that employee got laid off, along with two other workers that were considered worthless. The job went to a person there that did the job before, and the workers never happier.

I dont't understand what you mean by playing by the rules. When it comes to unions, they got way too powerful and way too greedy. I could write a book on my experiences with union places. In fact, if I went to a new business I was unfamiliar with, I could tell you within ten minutes if they were union or not. Union people moved slower, had less of a concern about your situation. I've been to places that unloaded my truck, and when they were taking off the last pallet, the break buzzer would go off, and they'd stop the tow motor right at the end of the trailer, and make me wait 20 minutes until they got back.

Unions got so strong they were able to dictate who the company could hire, who they could fire, and who they had to promote when a higher position came up. They didn't go by how good or bad of a job you were doing; how capable you were of the advancement. It went by how long you were with the union.

When the only requirement of a worker is to be breathing to keep their job, you are going to have lower production rates. And again, unions inflated US workers out of the work force.

The last of the remaining customers with a union shop we had, voted the union out by the workers. It was a small shop, and the guy with the most seniority got the highest paid job via union regulations. The problem was, the guy couldn't do the job. So the owner of the company had to spend much of his day doing the job for him. So the employees got tougher and got rid of the union. Immediately afterwards, that employee got laid off, along with two other workers that were considered worthless. The job went to a person there that did the job before, and the workers never happier.
Agree about the problems, but was that a reason to try to take advantage of an American system while in it's weakness in order to destroy it, and then replace it with another that just about destroyed the entire country ??? How about working to fix things again, instead of seeing everything as a way to destroy something American, and to replace it with something that is un-American ? Do you think that Trump was lying when he said MAGA ? What was he seeing when he made the statement ? He was seeing industry after industry destroyed across this country, and it was mainly due to unfair trade practices, unfair NAFTA, and all sorts of combinations or contributors involved. It wasn't just unions that were a problem ok ?

Agree about the problems, but was that a reason to try to take advantage of an American system while in it's weakness in order to destroy it, and then replace it with another that just about destroyed the entire country ??? How about working to fix things again, instead of seeing everything as a way to destroy something American, and to replace it with something that is un-American ? Do you think that Trump was lying when he said MAGA ? What was he seeing when he made the statement ? He was seeing industry after industry destroyed across this country, and it was mainly due to unfair trade practices, unfair NAFTA, and all sorts of combinations or contributors involved. It wasn't just unions that were a problem ok ?

Unions were the problem when it came to job loss and inflation. Country competition is just like what goes on in the states. In liberal states, you need to make 20 bucks an hour just to live in poverty. I read an article where housing in San Francisco is 750K just for an average size home. For 750K here, you can just about live in a mansion.

In other words, we are not living that much better than when our wages were lower, because the cost of everything else increases. It's like the minimum wage argument. Sure, you can make it 15 bucks an hour, but soon, those minimum wage workers will find themselves right back to where they started because everything else around them increases in price as well.

So people in other countries work for pennies on the dollar, but their expenses are low enough where they can make a living at those low wages. Then when they compete with us for jobs, they win. Fix it How? Bringing back unions certainly won't do it. If anything, it will make it worse.

Forum List

Back