Republican Senator says GOP way too extreme

WethePeopleUS

Mar 14, 2013
United States of America
Dale Schultz (R-Wisconsin), said in a recent interview, that the GOP has become too extreme, and compared its decision-making to that of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

He was criticizing the late-night legislating that led to the final passage of the state budget, specifically the "10 hours of secret negotiations among majority Republicans," where lawmakers discussed school vouchers, income tax breaks and public school funding.

Look, I think that things have gotten way too extreme and out of hand, and when we start taking important policy issues about whether or not we're going to have bounty hunters in Wisconsin and throwing them in -- in the middle of the night -- without any transparency, public discussion, or analysis, I think we have a problem," Schultz said.

What a majority of the people have an issue with, is how this was done in secret, without public knowledge or consent, which is not what a transparent democracy does. The GOP will have you believe they want "limited" government, yet these are their actions.

The Appleton Post-Crescent published an editorial Wednesday chastising legislators for failing to operate during business hours. "Lawmakers: You look sneaky at best and downright deceptive at worst when you work at night and change the budget seemingly on a whim," the paper wrote. "This must stop. Find a way to conduct your business during normal business hours, and give voters notice on the changes you’re considering that affect their lives and the tax bills."

A spokesperson for the Republican Party of Wisconsin could not be reached for comment (of course!).

Just how far from reality is the GOP? They sit there, and down right demonize government, and spew hate for liberals and the like for all of their missuses of power, yet they act like an authoritarian government.

Dale Schultz (R-Wisconsin), said in a recent interview, that the GOP has become too extreme, and compared its decision-making to that of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

He was criticizing the late-night legislating that led to the final passage of the state budget, specifically the "10 hours of secret negotiations among majority Republicans," where lawmakers discussed school vouchers, income tax breaks and public school funding.

Look, I think that things have gotten way too extreme and out of hand, and when we start taking important policy issues about whether or not we're going to have bounty hunters in Wisconsin and throwing them in -- in the middle of the night -- without any transparency, public discussion, or analysis, I think we have a problem," Schultz said.

What a majority of the people have an issue with, is how this was done in secret, without public knowledge or consent, which is not what a transparent democracy does. The GOP will have you believe they want "limited" government, yet these are their actions.

The Appleton Post-Crescent published an editorial Wednesday chastising legislators for failing to operate during business hours. "Lawmakers: You look sneaky at best and downright deceptive at worst when you work at night and change the budget seemingly on a whim," the paper wrote. "This must stop. Find a way to conduct your business during normal business hours, and give voters notice on the changes you’re considering that affect their lives and the tax bills."

A spokesperson for the Republican Party of Wisconsin could not be reached for comment (of course!).

Just how far from reality is the GOP? They sit there, and down right demonize government, and spew hate for liberals and the like for all of their missuses of power, yet they act like an authoritarian government

you need a tissue? or cheese?
all that over what ONE person says...good grief

Isn't Dale Schultz the one Republican Senator who voted against Governor Walker's union reforms two years ago that have been widely successful?

Just how far from reality is the GOP? They sit there, and down right demonize government, and spew hate for liberals and the like for all of their missuses of power, yet they act like an authoritarian government.

This is how government has always been conducted in Florida.

Just how far from reality is the GOP? They sit there, and down right demonize government, and spew hate for liberals and the like for all of their missuses of power, yet they act like an authoritarian government

you need a tissue? or cheese?
all that over what ONE person says...good grief

Obviously you are too dense to even understand what I was trying to say.

Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate invited Schultz to become a Democrat on Monday, saying it's the only way he can win re-election. Schultz laughed off that offer, saying he's been a Republican for 45 years and has no intention of changing.

State Rep. Howard Marklein to challenge fellow Republican State Sen. Dale Schultz

Hmmmm...

Bro, from what I've heard, he is one of the republicans who is willing to work across party lines. Perhaps he can be more efficient in the GOP, so that he can get the GOP and Liberals to work together? Just a thought..

This is how government has always been conducted in Florida.

That's a scary notion.... and all of you down in Fl are okay with that?

Dale Schultz has a remarkable grasp of the obvious.

He definitely seems to be coming back to reality, and...... wait for it............ thinking about his constituents!!! That was hard to type lol

Isn't Dale Schultz the one Republican Senator who voted against Governor Walker's union reforms two years ago that have been widely successful?

Wasn't he one of the original Broad Street Bullies....oh wait...that was Dave Shultz....nevermind...nothing to see here folks...move along

(sorry, but I thought by your avatar you might appreciate that joke)

lmao that was a good one!!! The Flyers didn't take any shit back then haha

Wasn't he one of the original Broad Street Bullies....oh wait...that was Dave Shultz....nevermind...nothing to see here folks...move along

(sorry, but I thought by your avatar you might appreciate that joke)

lmao that was a good one!!! The Flyers didn't take any shit back then haha

never have. never will. I bleed black and orange :D

Forum List

Back