Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

Christianity has moderated itself to fit into society and to become "civil." Not the case with the Muslim religion, and you always seem to want to conveniently forget about the New Testament and the wonderful teachings of Jesus Christ.

Jesus didn't have any wonderful teachings. Really, the teachings in the NT are kind of fucked up. Especially the Book of Revelations... all kinds of crazy shit in there.

We don't have a problem with Islam because their belief in Sky Pixies is somehow worse than Western beliefs in Sky Pixies.

We have a problem with them because we've stolen their land, bombed their countries, and exploited their resources.

That's why we have a problem.
no, we have a problem with them because they love death more than life and have no problem killing or dieing to achieve their ends, the creation of a caliphate.

Christianity has moderated itself to fit into society and to become "civil." Not the case with the Muslim religion, and you always seem to want to conveniently forget about the New Testament and the wonderful teachings of Jesus Christ.

Jesus didn't have any wonderful teachings. Really, the teachings in the NT are kind of fucked up. Especially the Book of Revelations... all kinds of crazy shit in there.

We don't have a problem with Islam because their belief in Sky Pixies is somehow worse than Western beliefs in Sky Pixies.

We have a problem with them because we've stolen their land, bombed their countries, and exploited their resources.

Most of Jesus' teachings make perfect sense. Jesus was a peaceful guy. I agree about Revelations, but I don't really believe in any of that stuff anyways. I don't believe in the far fetched stories. Like I told you, I think they are just like parables.

Don't forget that back in those days, they didn't have any police or really much authority at all. They couldn't possibly police everyone, so there were a lot of bad things going on. I think religion was a way to put the "fear of God" into people, so they used these stories in a way to try and make people police themselves.

It seems to me that other religions have moderated themselves and fit in more with the modern world, while Islam has not.

My mistake, 12th Imam.

Yes, your ignorance of Islam is duly noted.

It's a known fact that the Iranians believe in a 12th Imam.

It's a known fact that MANY Americans believe there will be a second coming of Jesus.

Which is really hard, because there wasn't a first coming of Jesus. That fucker never existed.

Maybe he did exist. If so, I don't believe he was "divine" though. He was a man who had a lot of common sense though.

Nowadays, he probably would be locked up in an asylum somewhere though. :lol: But, for the way things were back then . . . he made sense using "religion" to make people think about what they were doing and to know right from wrong.

No, we have a problem with them because they are extremists. They pray SIX TIMES a day. They stop whatever it is they're doing to go pray to Allah.

Christians are also batty when they say things like homosexuals are "evil" and the like, but they aren't going around hanging people for homosexual. Instead, they try to demean them and other such things. I don't doubt that if some of the more religious were just a "bit" more ignorant they might not do the same, but most American Christians would never do that, and I think you know that.

The people in the ME are NOT like us.

Slyh 11063821.
They think the 13th Imam will protect them from retaliation.

Jesus is the 2nd most revered prophet in Islam - So Iran doesn't have a chance against ISIS if Jesus is the one who will save ISIS at the end of the world.

. After its battle in Dabiq, Cerantonio said, the caliphate will expand and sack Istanbul. Some believe it will then cover the entire Earth, but Cerantonio suggested its tide may never reach beyond the Bosporus. An anti-Messiah, known in Muslim apocalyptic literature as Dajjal, will come from the Khorasan region of eastern Iran and kill a vast number of the caliphate’s fighters, until just 5,000 remain, cornered in Jerusalem. Just as Dajjal prepares to finish them off, Jesus—the second-most-revered prophet in Islam—will return to Earth, spear Dajjal, and lead the Muslims to victory.
. What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

Does anyone really expect a US Administration to figure out and deal with all this nut job Armageddon religious crap? No sane modern government can be expected to have a ready military plan to deal with insane ancient religious murderous goons.
it is ironic & comic how 3 branches of the same belief- monotheism discount each other when it suits them lol

I understand that after Iran causes chaos and destruction the 12th imam is supposedly supposed to make everything better for them.

How is that any less crazy than all you Christians who believe in "The Second Coming of Jesus", which will also be accompanied by a lot of chaos and destruction?

sky_wedding.jpg

Pictured: Some Crazy Shit Right there.

lol. "wonderful teachings"? Like being punished after death?

My mistake, 12th Imam.

It's a known fact that MANY Americans believe there will be a second coming of Jesus.

Which is really hard, because there wasn't a first coming of Jesus. That fucker never existed.

Maybe he did exist. If so, I don't believe he was "divine" though. He was a man who had a lot of common sense though.

Nowadays, he probably would be locked up in an asylum somewhere though. :lol: But, for the way things were back then . . . he made sense using "religion" to make people think about what they were doing and to know right from wrong.
you're opinion & $1.87 plus tax will get you a cup of coffee.

My mistake, 12th Imam.

you're opinion & $1.87 plus tax will get you a cup of coffee.

Explain yourself, Dot!! :tongue-44:

I understand that after Iran causes chaos and destruction the 12th imam is supposedly supposed to make everything better for them.

How is that any less crazy than all you Christians who believe in "The Second Coming of Jesus", which will also be accompanied by a lot of chaos and destruction?

sky_wedding.jpg

Well, that is how they kept people policing themselves. Of course, this is just my theory about religion and it's origins because I don't buy those far fetched stories as being real.

Also, ancient peoples were rather ignorant, so they couldn't explain a lot of the "natural events" that took place, so they would blame it on the "wrath of God." :) Now that much I know is truth.

Slyh 11063821.
They think the 13th Imam will protect them from retaliation.

Jesus is the 2nd most revered prophet in Islam - So Iran doesn't have a chance against ISIS if Jesus is the one who will save ISIS at the end of the world.

. After its battle in Dabiq, Cerantonio said, the caliphate will expand and sack Istanbul. Some believe it will then cover the entire Earth, but Cerantonio suggested its tide may never reach beyond the Bosporus. An anti-Messiah, known in Muslim apocalyptic literature as Dajjal, will come from the Khorasan region of eastern Iran and kill a vast number of the caliphate’s fighters, until just 5,000 remain, cornered in Jerusalem. Just as Dajjal prepares to finish them off, Jesus—the second-most-revered prophet in Islam—will return to Earth, spear Dajjal, and lead the Muslims to victory.
. What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

Does anyone really expect a US Administration to figure out and deal with all this nut job Armageddon religious crap? No sane modern government can be expected to have a ready military plan to deal with insane ancient religious murderous goons.
it is ironic & comic how 3 branches of the same belief- monotheism discount each other when it suits them lol

Well, just think of how much access we have to education, the internet, having discussions with others, like we do at places like USMB, etc., and then imagine living in a place like Iran where there is no such thing as freedom of speech. A lot of the people in the ME are dirt poor and uneducated because of it, and are also not FREE, so they don't have the same luxuries that we do. When you are isolated in your little "tribal community," ignorance abounds, and so these people will believe what their imams tell them to believe because these are "sophisticated" men, in their little worlds.

sky_wedding.jpg

Well, that is how they kept people policing themselves. Of course, this is just my theory about religion and it's origins because I don't buy those far fetched stories as being real.

Also, ancient peoples were rather ignorant, so they couldn't explain a lot of the "natural events" that took place, so they would blame it on the "wrath of God." :) Now that much I know is truth.
you're helping my side of the argument that :up: sky pixie's are absurd.

sky_wedding.jpg

you're helping my side of the argument that :up: sky pixie's are absurd.

Yeah, that's why I'm agnostic. I can't say whether there is a "god" or not, but I certainly don't buy most of the things about religion. I totally believe that religion is a man-made thing.

no, we have a problem with them because they love death more than life and have no problem killing or dieing to achieve their ends, the creation of a caliphate.

Okay, guy, a bunch of foreigners invade your state, routinely inflict random destruction, and take away your land and destroy your livlihood... what would you do?

Well, considering that these people have behaved like this for MILLENNIA, that kinds of blows that theory. They can't even get along with one another. Let's be honest.

No, we have a problem with them because they are extremists. They pray SIX TIMES a day. They stop whatever it is they're doing to go pray to Allah.

Oh, my Gosh. Six times a day!!!!

I had a co-worker who was a Jehovah's Witness. and she did a lot of crazy religious stuff, too.

Christians are also batty when they say things like homosexuals are "evil" and the like, but they aren't going around hanging people for homosexual. Instead, they try to demean them and other such things. I don't doubt that if some of the more religious were just a "bit" more ignorant they might not do the same, but most American Christians would never do that, and I think you know that.

Actually, they are too much like us. We sit here in our comfortable chairs in our nice warm houses with plenty of food to eat and we wonder why people who live in war zones and don't have clean water or enough food to eat might do something- you know - crazy to the people they perceive as causing their misery.

I had a co-worker who was a Jehovah's Witness. and she did a lot of crazy religious stuff, too.

Actually, they are too much like us. We sit here in our comfortable chairs in our nice warm houses with plenty of food to eat and we wonder why people who live in war zones and don't have clean water or enough food to eat might do something- you know - crazy to the people they perceive as causing their misery.

Yeah, they have their leaders and dictators to thank for that. Why don't you take a look at these dictators and what they do? Remember the oil for food program in Iraq?

Remember Saddam Hussein's palaces and golden toilets?

Do JWs normally carry out acts of terrorism? I don't think so.

STOP making excuses for terrorist activities. You aren't "helping" anyone, including those people.

Well, considering that these people have behaved like this for MILLENNIA, that kinds of blows that theory. They can't even get along with one another. Let's be honest.

Well, again, compared to Christians, who have always gotten along so well and have never had wars over religion with each other... Oh, wait. They totally did that. Even up to this last century.

Here we go, the list of the deadliest Genocides-

List of genocides by death toll - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Only a couple of them were instigated by Muslims, such as the Armenian Genocide.

Forum List

Back