Republican thanks Obama for saving his life

The Dems took over an entire industry,/QUOTE]

Wow.....The dems did what the rest of the industrialized world has done.....where their citizens pay LESS and their health care delivery ranks way better than ours.
Right wing idiots STILL think that we have a better system......brainwashed to the core.
Don't be silly. Obamacare was constructed in such a manner to make the dem party more powerful
Trump's proposals make ACA look silly.

The Dems took over an entire industry, and destroyed it just to cover preexisting conditions.
This is why you lost the Senate and the House...OBAMACARE

Sorry...but pre-existing condition coverage is VERY important in healthcare
As are lifetime caps on what will be covered
Doesn't justify taking over the industry

The government required seat belts but they didn't take over the auto makers.
Who controls the Senate and the House now.....OBAMACARE

The industry has not been taken over...Universal healthcare would do that

Our healthcare is still ruled by the insurance companies which is a disaster. Government requires that you be covered, you still pick the level of coverage, insurance company and doctors

Far from a government takeover

The Dems took over an entire industry,/QUOTE]

Wow.....The dems did what the rest of the industrialized world has done.....where their citizens pay LESS and their health care delivery ranks way better than ours.
Right wing idiots STILL think that we have a better system......brainwashed to the core.
Don't be silly. Obamacare was constructed in such a manner to make the dem party more powerful
Trump's proposals make ACA look silly.

You have no idea what the ACA is, do you?

I watched the video, it would have been better if the guy was dead.

WTF, over? Is that an attempt at humor?
Nope, it's an attempt at reality.

Now we have one more disabled person on the SSI roles. Thanks government. Great job keeping him alive.

Holy fucking crap. I've heard people like you existed...I just didn't believe it. Wow...
blogger-image--1078496384.jpg

Now we have one more disabled person on the SSI roles. Thanks government. Great job keeping him alive.

So, we should just execute people who don't have jobs.... great work.
Well, Bernie Sanders already wants to steal from those who do, it's radical proposal, one I'm not in favor of, but if you can find a candidate in favor of it, good luck!

Last edited:

Holy fucking crap. I've heard people like you existed...I just didn't believe it. Wow...
blogger-image--1078496384.jpg

You may have missed your true vocation....writing those cute Chinese fortune cookies' quips.

Touching really, how bad it was for some before Obamacare

‘Thank you for serving me when I didn’t vote for you’: A Republican writes the president after Obamacare saved his life

To My President,

I sincerely hope that this reaches you, as far too often praise is hard to come by. Apologies to people who deserve it perhaps even less so.

I did not vote for you. Either time. I have voted Republican for the entirety of my life.

I proudly wore pins and planted banners displaying my Republican loyalty. I was very vocal in my opposition to you–particularly the ACA.

Before I briefly explain my story allow me to first say this: I am so very sorry. I understand written content cannot convey emotions very well–but my level of conviction has me in tears as I write this. I was so very wrong. So very very wrong.

You saved my life. I want that to sink into your ears and mind. My President, you saved my life, and I am eternally grateful.

I have a ‘pre-existing condition’ and so could never purchase health insurance. Only after the ACA came into being could I be covered. Put simply to not take up too much of your time if you are in fact taking the time to read this: I would not be alive without access to care I received due to your law.

So thank you from a dumb young man who thought he knew it all and who said things about you that he now regrets. Thank you for serving me even when I didn’t vote for you.

Thank you for being my President.

Honored to have lived under your leadership and guidance,

Brent Nathan Brown

He should be thanking the taxpayers of Ameri

‘Thank you for serving me when I didn’t vote for you’: A Republican writes the president after Obamacare saved his life

To My President,

I sincerely hope that this reaches you, as far too often praise is hard to come by. Apologies to people who deserve it perhaps even less so.

I did not vote for you. Either time. I have voted Republican for the entirety of my life.

I proudly wore pins and planted banners displaying my Republican loyalty. I was very vocal in my opposition to you–particularly the ACA.

Before I briefly explain my story allow me to first say this: I am so very sorry. I understand written content cannot convey emotions very well–but my level of conviction has me in tears as I write this. I was so very wrong. So very very wrong.

You saved my life. I want that to sink into your ears and mind. My President, you saved my life, and I am eternally grateful.

I have a ‘pre-existing condition’ and so could never purchase health insurance. Only after the ACA came into being could I be covered. Put simply to not take up too much of your time if you are in fact taking the time to read this: I would not be alive without access to care I received due to your law.

So thank you from a dumb young man who thought he knew it all and who said things about you that he now regrets. Thank you for serving me even when I didn’t vote for you.

Brent Nathan Brown

He should be thanking those of us with insurance who are now paying more for it so he could be covered.

Such a deal.

So this proves what exactly? For every person like him there are thousands more who became worse off with higher premiums and less coverage in order for him to be helped. I know way more people hurt by ObamaCare than helped. In fact, I actually personally don't know anyone helped by it.

And the fact that he's a Republican somehow means ObamaCare is a success? Zell Miller spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2004 in favor of reelecting George W Bush. Does that mean Bush was a good president because a sitting Democratic U.S. Senator campaigned for him?

To My President,

Brent Nathan Brown

He should be thanking the taxpayers of Ameri

To My President,

Brent Nathan Brown

He should be thanking those of us with insurance who are now paying more for it so he could be covered.

Such a deal.

How do you think insurance works?

The healthy support the sick...........which would you rather be?

Such a deal.

Ahhh, a paragon of right wing, Christian evangelical and ethical standards.

His story isn't unique. People are alive today because the United States passed the Affordable Care Act.

Does that mean they were dying in the streets before the ACA? The Emergency rooms at hospitals were open as well as free clinics to everyone without insurance all over the US before ACA. I wonder how many have died since ACA because they felt they couldn't afford the large deductible they would have to pay if they went to the Doctor?

In the streets, no. In their homes from cancer that could have been detected early, yes.

The low income people got Medicaid before ACA and Cancer could have been detected early, yes.

The low income people got Medicaid before ACA and Cancer could have been detected early, yes.

Yes, imagine.....just imagine the "fun" that a cancer patient had when waiting for treatment sitting in an emergency room at the local hospital.

Yes, imagine.....just imagine the "fun" that a cancer patient had when waiting for treatment sitting in an emergency room at the local hospital.

Read the link and maybe you will learn something, although I seriously doubt it.

"It isn't your imagination. It is harder if you're in the middle class.If you have been diagnosed with cancer and are firmly entrenched in the middle class, you should know that you may have to do more research and talk to more people than you'd ever imagine. That’s because there are more programs that help those at the bottom of the financial ladder than those in the middle. Even with insurance, middle-class patients may believe they have to go bankrupt to qualify for the programs out there.

That isn't quite true, however – or it doesn't need to be. "There are resources and ways to receive cancer care for people who are struggling financially – even for the middle class," Rieber says. "But it is hard to find them."

How to Pay for Cancer Treatment When You're Broke

Read the link and maybe you will learn something, although I seriously doubt it.

"It isn't your imagination. It is harder if you're in the middle class.If you have been diagnosed with cancer and are firmly entrenched in the middle class, you should know that you may have to do more research and talk to more people than you'd ever imagine. That’s because there are more programs that help those at the bottom of the financial ladder than those in the middle. Even with insurance, middle-class patients may believe they have to go bankrupt to qualify for the programs out there.

That isn't quite true, however – or it doesn't need to be. "There are resources and ways to receive cancer care for people who are struggling financially – even for the middle class," Rieber says. "But it is hard to find them."

Yes, I too often wonder WHY some 82 year old, poor, basically illiterate woman, living in some trailer park in rural Alabama does not more readily access the Internet blogs for special deals for cancer patients.

Although I MUST readily admit that our HC system is "better"........

Its better for pharmas CEOs shopping around for the latest Lear Jet to get around....
Its better for hospital administrators who want Italian marble facades in front of their hospitals.....and
Its better for our "illustrious" politicians who rely on the contributions (aka, bribes) from the HC industry to fund their perpetual campaigns.

So, YES, our HC system is "better" for some (very few) of us.

There are a lot of them. They call them Republicans. Sometimes, like with Terry Schievo, they pretend to care. But most of the time it's all about yelling out "Let him die" at a GOP debate.

Forum List

Back